Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,054)

Showing posts 781,061 - 781,080 of1,073,177
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847244
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Maybe this is off topic but has anyone been paying attention to the DOW and other markets this week?

Holy sht and in spite of Apples problems and Boeings battery hiccups the markets continue to grow well past a five year high and towards new ground. The investors apparently like the stability that the inauguration presented.

There ya go eh?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847245
Jan 25, 2013
 
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously someone like you that is easily duped by FOX and Limbaugh has no inkling about what criteria to use in evaluating the credibility of a source of information. I pay attention to everything, that's why I'm harder to fool. You, on the other hand, are happy to live in your blissfully ignorant fantasy land ignoring red flags that are waved in your face. You deserve to be in bed with waxturd and his phony judge-its.
It one thing to pay attention to everything, quite another to discern what's important. The judgeits aren't important.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847246
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker" You are dense. Your comprehension skills are weak. "poop" is currently using at least 3 names as he posts on this thread, If you had a brain you would be able to figure that out.
Peace
KMA
Sorry old obsessed one, I only post as Ghost no one else. Your paranoia mixed with your senility combined with your stupid is gonna be real confusing to the medical people. Oh, and good luck.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847247
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they can , if you are in a residential neighborhood and average power bills are say 200 dollars and someones is 1200 dollars red flags will go up , I got a bill from dominion power once for over 2000 dollars but it was from an extra 0 on the bill and it took me forever to get it settled .
Costs lots to keep those bodies cold eh?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847248
Jan 25, 2013
 
jiminy cricket wrote:
This is lengthy but important.
As the Republican National Committee concludes its three-day meeting in Charlotte, N.C., Republicans are looking to improve their standing in time for the next presidential election. They want to do a better job reaching out to Latinos, they want to soften their tone when it comes to social issues, and they want to narrow their technological and get-out-the-vote operation gap with Democrats.
Here's the big news...
Some Republicans are looking to change the Electoral College system in battleground states that Democrats have won in the last two cycles. As the Washington Post reports, Republicans in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia -- all controlled at the state level by the GOP -- have proposed awarding their Electoral College votes by congressional district instead of the winner-take-all approach used by every state except for two (Maine and Nebraska).“No state is moving quicker than Virginia, where state senators are likely to vote on the plan as soon as next week,” the Post says.
That would give the GOP a HUGE advantage: The Republicans advocating these changes say they would give smaller communities more of a voice in presidential battleground states. But there’s a bigger story here: The moves would give the GOP a significant advantage due to the fact that redistricting has concentrated the Democratic vote to just a handful of congressional districts in these states. Take Virginia, for example: Obama won the state in 2012 by four percentage points and by about 150,000 votes -- and he took all of the state’s 13 electoral votes. But under the proposed changes, Mitt Romney would have won nine of the state’s electoral votes to Obama’s four. Put another way, if every electoral vote in the country was awarded by congressional district, Romney would have defeated Obama, 276 to 262 in electoral votes according to Emory University’s Alan Abramowitz. And if only the states of Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin were changed to this system, Obama would have BARELY won, 271-267, Abramowitz adds.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/25...
This should raise a few eyebrows.
It does, it's disgusting. Republicans should make their new slogan: Lie, Cheat, Steal, whatever it take to deny the majority of the voters.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847249
Jan 25, 2013
 
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on, old Puff really was the magic dragon,we always counted our blessings that he was ours. I have very little knowledge of the newer version. Talk about lighting up the night. Maybe you should converse with old Eed he claims to have been a radio man. Bless you and all that served. There was no politics there. Other than what in the hell am I doing here and who in the hell sent me.
Puff the Magic Dragon was a sad song about childhood lost.

Sheesh.

Think that should be my topix name. It covers so much territory.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847250
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think the Democrats wouldn't have already done this if the shoe were on the other foot?
If these states vote to change the rules, them's the breaks.
they never did, not after Reagan, not after BushI, not after BushII.

Funny how you project all the sinister acts of Republiclowns onto the Dems.

Your level of discussion is that of a 5th grader.

"Well, they would do it, too!! NYAA NYAA NYAA!!"

That sums you up, Lorac.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847251
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think the Democrats wouldn't have already done this if the shoe were on the other foot?
If these states vote to change the rules, them's the breaks.
No, the a democrats don't do that, that's a republican game, cheating and stealing

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847252
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jiminy cricket wrote:
This is lengthy but important.
As the Republican National Committee concludes its three-day meeting in Charlotte, N.C., Republicans are looking to improve their standing in time for the next presidential election. They want to do a better job reaching out to Latinos, they want to soften their tone when it comes to social issues, and they want to narrow their technological and get-out-the-vote operation gap with Democrats.
Here's the big news...
Some Republicans are looking to change the Electoral College system in battleground states that Democrats have won in the last two cycles. As the Washington Post reports, Republicans in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia -- all controlled at the state level by the GOP -- have proposed awarding their Electoral College votes by congressional district instead of the winner-take-all approach used by every state except for two (Maine and Nebraska).“No state is moving quicker than Virginia, where state senators are likely to vote on the plan as soon as next week,” the Post says.
That would give the GOP a HUGE advantage: The Republicans advocating these changes say they would give smaller communities more of a voice in presidential battleground states. But there’s a bigger story here: The moves would give the GOP a significant advantage due to the fact that redistricting has concentrated the Democratic vote to just a handful of congressional districts in these states. Take Virginia, for example: Obama won the state in 2012 by four percentage points and by about 150,000 votes -- and he took all of the state’s 13 electoral votes. But under the proposed changes, Mitt Romney would have won nine of the state’s electoral votes to Obama’s four. Put another way, if every electoral vote in the country was awarded by congressional district, Romney would have defeated Obama, 276 to 262 in electoral votes according to Emory University’s Alan Abramowitz. And if only the states of Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin were changed to this system, Obama would have BARELY won, 271-267, Abramowitz adds.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/25...
This should raise a few eyebrows.
Raises my eyebrows that they would try such an obvious cheat. Based on the last election they're saying Romney would have won the electoral vote even though Obama won the popular vote by 10 million. That'd be a friggin' travesty and probably the end of the electoral college entirely.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847253
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Homer 2016 wrote:
Reagan the Godfather(Grandfather?) of big government, big debt, deficit spending with no shot over ever balancing a budget.
Pretty much.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847254
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea how much obesity and clogged arteries cost taxpayers?
Yet, overeating is not even close to being on the politically correct no-no list.
Neither drug abuse and alcohol-related health problems.
Well, you've got multiple issues.

You're a smoker.

You're overweight.

You have high cholesterol (i.e. clogged arteries)

I'm all for penalizing those who practice dangerous health practices, including obesity, alcoholism, smoking, drug use.

I can see why it frightens you.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847255
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I must say before I go I'm unhappy about my happy icons becoming unhappy ones.

Later.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847256
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Realtime wrote:
Maybe this is off topic but has anyone been paying attention to the DOW and other markets this week?
Holy sht and in spite of Apples problems and Boeings battery hiccups the markets continue to grow well past a five year high and towards new ground. The investors apparently like the stability that the inauguration presented.
There ya go eh?
Flacks pissed off about that good news. Where's his story from yesterday with the final coroner report showing no Assault rifle was used??

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847257
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

RealDave wrote:
We had a hunting show schedule in PA in early Feb.
Since this is a hunting show and in light of Newtown, show managed said gun vendors could not show or sell assault type rifles at the show.
The gun nuts & NRA went bonkers & had a fit & gun vendors withdrew from the show. The net result is the show is basically cancelled.
There are a lot of gunaphobes that would ban these types of events where guns are sold.
I find it funny that the gun nuts just did what the gunaphobes had hoped - closed down a gun selling show.
"real dumb"
Your kind of folks. Have a show for sportsman, hunters, and then restrict what the vendors sell. It has to piss you off but gun and ammunition sales are booming across the nation. As a professional 'gunaphobe' why do you not start a movement to suspend the 2nd. amendment?
Peace
KMA
Not SurpriZedObamama

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847258
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/2012-presiden...
LMFAO!
#18127 Oct 17, 2009 Sounds Paranoid To Me wrote: She changed her name bacause she was being stalked by Waxman. The poster stalking her got her private information and published it for the world to see on this forum. That is why he was banned. So she changed her name. I observed the whole incident from the start. Not only did he publish her information but continued to stalk and harass her. Can you understand why she would change her name now?
sunnycali wrote: Would you report someone HERE to the moderators if they were giving out YOUR personal information?
17602 Oct 15, 2009 sunnycali wrote:
Again, if someone posted YOUR private information would you just sit there and say, "way to go - that's freedom of speech in action?" And I mean information that included your home address and phone number. You would do nothing? If the answer is that you would do nothing then you apparently care little for your family.
17603 Oct 15, 2009 sunnycali wrote:
So if someone were giving out your personal information you would not report that person? If someone were using extremely obscene language you would not report that person? This has absolutely nothing to do ideology. I don't have any problem with free speech. I don't have any problem with people of any political bent expressing their opinions. I DO have a problem with people violating the most basic terms of decency. Oh, and I would report someone if I saw them breaking into YOUR house. Or abusing a member of YOUR family. I guess you and I are different in that respect. And I'm very sorry for that. Not for me but for you.
#58531Reply » Jun 9, 2010
Devin wrote: Waxman, you are a known stalker, you've been sactioned by Topix on several occasions. You are the poster child for keeping certain presonal information unrelated to the debate to one's self. Come on now...... What's your purpose why aren't your focusing on the issues of the debate, the 1995 Budget Impass?.... stay with the issue of the debate which is more than enough dialogue with individuals like yourself... didn't you ever warn your children about relating personal information over the internet about themselves?.. it's an employed security feature....
<quoted text>
Devin wrote:
NOW...... ROFLMAO... I do believe that's a Denial.........
You were a big man spewing that bull shyt, ROFLMAO didn't Topix spank your azz for general harassment......... You were a big man in threatening and posting that woman's information....... now you're in denial........ or outright lying about your activities....
POS ........ ROFLMAO
Then you should feel free to solicit someone's personal information....... "I Dare you"........ ROFLMAo
You "Ain't" Forget........ROFLMAO
Devin wrote:
<quoted text>
Devin
Hampton, VA
Did you or did you not harass that Woman with Threats of violence, Yes or No..... inquiring minds what to know...... ROFLMAO
Answer that question "Big Man"...... Show us again how Rational you are ...... ROFLMAO
Friday's Rejected Woman #8 LOL
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847259
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the a democrats don't do that, that's a republican game, cheating and stealing
It's up to the states. Seems fair to me seeing that's the way it is in most states.

Winner takes all in these states despite bipartisan districts doesn't seem fair to some of us.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847260
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Puff the Magic Dragon was a sad song about childhood lost.
Sheesh.
Think that should be my topix name. It covers so much territory.
Puff was a flying gun platform. An AC-47 Spooky, used extensively in Vietnam..

The song was about marijuana.

DUH
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847261
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you've got multiple issues.
You're a smoker.
You're overweight.
You have high cholesterol (i.e. clogged arteries)
I'm all for penalizing those who practice dangerous health practices, including obesity, alcoholism, smoking, drug use.
I can see why it frightens you.
Did you see all that in your crystal ball?

Later, nuc.
Not SurpriZedObamama

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847262
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
2009
2009
stella007 wrote:
He is. Nostrillus Waxman,Libtards etc and others from New Haven CT.
It's pretty obvious. His vocabulary centers on
"morons" and "libtards" and not much more.
He has six (yes!6!) computers he types on.
From his "War Room".
In his mother's basement.....
oink oink is right.....
LOL!!!!
Waxman wrote:
It is over. Obama is toast.
Only 17 days until we celebrate and the USA ends this experiment in socialism.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/2012-presiden ...
Friday's Rejected Woman #9 LOL
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#847263
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>It does, it's disgusting. Republicans should make their new slogan: Lie, Cheat, Steal, whatever it take to deny the majority of the voters.
This is an outrage, the electoral college should be eliminated altogether. Popular vote wins

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 781,061 - 781,080 of1,073,177
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
This is a great ad. 13 min Harold B Alls 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min SpaceBlues 45,597
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 173,779
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Riigsby5555 48,700
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 4 hr Tgloaded 1
Abby July 12 4 hr Julie 5
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••