Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#847052 Jan 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you register then? You're half the fun of being on here. Nobama's the other half and Eed's just embarrassing. The trolls are irrelevant.
Are you trying to goad me sir?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#847053 Jan 25, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it's worth noting old crazy goobers replys to you receive good judge-it's while yours always get bad ones, to anyone. Very revealing.
Yeah, it shows what type of people bother with petty, meaningless judgeits.
Five And Gone

Greenville, SC

#847054 Jan 25, 2013
And then we'll do Hillary Clinton. IT DOES MATTER THAT 4 PEOPLE DIED AFTER YOU SAID THEY CANNOT HAVE ADDED SECURITY BEFORE THE ATTACK AND THEN REFUSED SECURITY DURING THE ATTACK.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#847055 Jan 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty obsessive about privacy and I'd much rather have a smart meter than some guy snooping around pissing off my dog or peeping on my wife.
Amen, and on that note in certain Florida jurisdictions meter readers and some others who are out in the neighborhoods daily are encouraged to report suspicious sighting to police.

The first rap on the smart meter was the old radio wave bullsht, headaches-brain cancer etc. Hah, the meters are less powerful than cellphones and even wireless cable hook ups. Then the rap moved to privacy the thinking that the evil power company can monitor homeowners lifestyles although I've yet to hear that explained in a way that makes any sense.

One of my rentals has a smart meter but FPL is still sending out meter readers until enough of them are installed to switch over to the new system. My own meter is read from the street by a meter reader with a hand held device.

The meters are manufactured by GE and in my area the transmissions will be performed by Silver Springs Networks.

Location hidden

#847056 Jan 25, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to 50 states, can you list the other 7 Obama thinks we have, I'd like to see them this summer, thx.
I also want to talk to some of them there "cattle guards" Obama wanted to fire. lmao
But seriously, if only the cowardly, spineless democrats who voted to fund the Iraq war, would have voted their conscience instead of only being concerned with their next re election, likely we would have never went to Iraq, right?
Not likely at all, the Congress didn't need a single cowardly, spineless democratic vote to do the bidding of King George.
Five And Gone

Greenville, SC

#847057 Jan 25, 2013
And then we'll imprison the attorney general for selling all those assault weapon to Mexico.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#847058 Jan 25, 2013
I'd register and Gunner would show up at my front door or worse Jane Says, no thanks.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#847059 Jan 25, 2013
The congressional grilling of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on the deadly attack in Benghazi, Libya, proved definitively that congressional Republicans “suck at their jobs,” Stephen Colbert said Thursday.

“Guys, you know I love you. But it was embarrassing,” Colbert said. Clinton smacked around the Republican members of the House and Senate committees,“then walked out with their nuts in her attaché case,” he said.

Ultimately, the grilling left unanswered one important question, Colbert added:“Is there anything we can use to stop Hillary in 2016?”

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/co...

Location hidden

#847060 Jan 25, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
Sorry, Homer, forget to switch back to my regular topix name - at least until I have to switch it again, I mean.
Was trying to be funny for Tenzing's sake. He suggested middle-aged fussbudget. Guess it backfired.
Worked for me.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#847061 Jan 25, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
If you do not put a smart meter in your house you will be arrested!!!
Liberals are in charge!!!
God help us!!!
The Glenn Beck regurgitator.

M God, Beck says it & you friken mindless drones repeat it here.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#847062 Jan 25, 2013
Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeu penned a letter to President Barack Obama last week criticizing the administration's gun control proposals and asserting that he won't enforce any law or executive order "contrary to what the Constitution of the United States of America says."

"Mr. President, if you attempt to carry through with your proposal, it will hinder the ability of good citizens to defend and protect themselves and others against those who wish to cause them harm through the use of deadly force," Babeu, the sheriff of Pinal County, Ariz., wrote. "Your actions would turn many good citizens, who wish to maintain their God given Constitutional Rights to bear arms, into criminals. I am writing you this letter today to inform you that any "law" or regulation created by an executive order of your office which is contrary to what the Constitution of the United States of America says, shall be deemed as unlawful and shall not be carried out by myself or my office."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/a...

Ronald Reagan would demand more gun control

The GOP hero fought the NRA, and won. It's time for more Republicans to follow his example

http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/237912/rona...

so is it because Obama is a democrat? or......

i'll say both.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#847063 Jan 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you register then? You're half the fun of being on here. Nobama's the other half and Eed's just embarrassing. The trolls are irrelevant.
Don't like giving out personal information on the internet, i.e. email address. But if you think it's safe, it probably is.

But what good does it do to register if both names and locations can be stolen? Just asking.

Location hidden

#847064 Jan 25, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first sentence was spot on, your second was more of your typical unfounded and idiotic dreck.
Now answer the question.
I believe I answered what ever question you had with:

"Well genius, I don't know many people who voluntarily have a mugger kill their child or perform an abortion."

Was there something else?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#847065 Jan 25, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Save us Liberals!
American Astronauts die....
445 deaths per 100,000...
Ban exploring the heavens!
Use the money to buy cell phones and foodstamps!
http://books.google.com/books...
i think the space program already was shut down to buy cell phones and foodstamps and Moochelle's vacations.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#847067 Jan 25, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Let it go already, I have no man crush. I haven't even heard him speak since the 3rd debate and that was only for about 10-15 minutes. Sure I may have read an excerpt here or there. Seems to me someone with a man crush would be pining away to hear his every word.
Well, that's good to know.

Nucular's the one with a man crush then.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#847068 Jan 25, 2013
Fiscal cliff?

Print money and make rich white republicans pay for:::::::

NIH to investigate....

Boxer shorts

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9751347/
Jane Says

New York, NY

#847069 Jan 25, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Remember when you could money into a savings account and actually earn interest. Anyone else old enough to remember that?
yes. and then the government began to promote debt over savings.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#847070 Jan 25, 2013
Newark Mayor Cory Booker Helps Rescue Freezing Dog

While out working on a story in freezing New Jersey, a reporter and camera crew from New York station WABC-TV noticed a dog left out in the cold.

Hours later, when they passed by again and saw that the dog was still outside, they decided to take the issue to Twitter, and the mayor.

Reporter Toni Yates tweeted Newark Mayor Cory Booker and WABC. In the tweet, she applauded Newark for its heat help, but added,“Make pet owners get their dogs out of the cold.”

In another tweet, she wrote that she asked the block captain to “do something, call someone,” but doubted he would.

People began re-tweeting the messages, and soon enough the mayor was on the scene with the shivering dog.

“This is brutal weather. This dog is shaking really bad and you just can’t leave your dogs out here on a day like this and go away and expect them to be OK,” the mayor told WABC.“Hypothermia on any animal including a human animal will set in pretty quickly. So this is very sad. You can just feel the dog shaking pretty badly.”

Booker picked up the dog and put it into the back of a police car.

“If you’d crank up that heat, I’d appreciate it,” he told the police officer.

Booker, 43, called the dog’s owner and told them it was unacceptable to leave the dog outside in the freezing weather, WABC reported.

The owners said they were in Queens, N.Y., and did not know that Cha Cha had gotten outside. They said it was an accident and thanked the mayor for saving the dog, a new mother.

Booker, who’s exploring a run for U.S. Senate, later tweeted the reporter,“Because of you that dog was rescued. Thank you for reaching out. Thank u for your kindness.”

This is not the first time Mayor Booker has come to the rescue.

Booker returned home one evening in April to find flames shooting out of his neighbor’s home. A woman screamed that her daughter was still inside.

The mayor and two of his security detail ran inside to rescue the woman, who Booker said he had known for years. He carried her out of the building over his shoulder and the woman was treated for smoke inhalation and released.

http://news.yahoo.com/n-j-mayor-cory-booker-h...

This frickin' guy is everywhere. Me thinks a big future is ahead of him.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#847071 Jan 25, 2013
President Obama is riding high in the afterglow of his second Inauguration — but the signs of trouble ahead are already becoming clear.

First off, it now looks like the US economy peaked in the third quarter last year — growing at 3.1 percent, a huge leap from 1.3 percent in the second quarter and 2 percent in the first.

That was perfect timing for his re-election, bringing unemployment below 8 percent for the first time since Obama took office and robbing Mitt Romney of one of his top talking points.

But top economists believe things slowed in the fourth quarter and again this year. Many are openly predicting that fourth-quarter growth will come in at between 1 and 1.5 percent, and growth is unlikely to top that rate in the near future.

We’re already seeing the signs of an economy far from recovery. Retail sales in December, the most important shopping month of the year, were a flop. Holiday-related sales rose just 0.7 percent from Oct. 28 to Dec. 24, compared with a 2 percent rise the year before.

And according to a Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan report, consumer confidence is at its lowest point since December 2011.

The president may continue to claim that the economy’s woes just aren’t his fault, but in his fifth year in office, those excuses are wearing exceedingly thin. It won’t help that his Inaugural Address included barely a mention of jobs or economic growth: He’s made his real priorities clear.

Read more: Fly in the ointment - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...

Location hidden

#847072 Jan 25, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Amen, and on that note in certain Florida jurisdictions meter readers and some others who are out in the neighborhoods daily are encouraged to report suspicious sighting to police.
The first rap on the smart meter was the old radio wave bullsht, headaches-brain cancer etc. Hah, the meters are less powerful than cellphones and even wireless cable hook ups. Then the rap moved to privacy the thinking that the evil power company can monitor homeowners lifestyles although I've yet to hear that explained in a way that makes any sense.
One of my rentals has a smart meter but FPL is still sending out meter readers until enough of them are installed to switch over to the new system. My own meter is read from the street by a meter reader with a hand held device.
The meters are manufactured by GE and in my area the transmissions will be performed by Silver Springs Networks.
So somebody in the right wing Hysteriasphere said they were bad and the trolls just roll with it as they are wont to do huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min Mandela 68,913
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min IBdaMann 49,363
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Guru 182,178
Holiday Greetings 1 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 2 hr Negras all 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Mandela 71,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Religionthebiglie 51,304
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?