Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
780,341 - 780,360 of 1,078,894 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual a rightie that doesn't have a clue about what serving is all about. Sure most women don't have the upper body strength, but they more than make up for it with brains, the will to carry out their assigned mission and the courage along with their proven ability to withstand far more pain than wimps like you. But then again what's one more rightie condemning women...And when they get reminded just like racism...They always respond with ..WHO ME. Why I never...Clowns the lot of you.
I did serve, unlike your cowardly ass, that's why I know girls can't cut it in actual combat, you're an idiot and likely a draft dodger or a traitorous scunbag like John Kerry.

The only reason there's even women in the military now is that standards were lowered.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> video.msnbc.msn.com/50208495#50208495
Since I don't as a rule do links I hope it works.
Apparently you have to put http or some such truck. Then it now takes you to a site telling you to go to another site. I read the transcript.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

sonicfilter carol wrote:
Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) argued Thursday that while there is a right to bear arms, there is no constitutional right to own assault weapons used to kill large numbers of people.
"We know that there is no inalienable right to own and operate 100-round clips on AR-15 assault rifles," Schumer said at a news conference to introduce legislation to ban assault weapons. "That's certainly within the framework of the Heller decision where hopefully both sides can meet in the middle on that basis. Hundred-round clips aren't used for hunting. They aren't used for self-defense. They are used to maximize the amount of damage one can do in a short amount of time."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/s...
Heller. Part III. read it. be informed.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....
handguns are not “dangerous and unusual weapons.”, so in saying so they now need to define “dangerous and unusual weapons.”
jumping precedent always comes back to bite them in the ass.
The Constitution defines our government as a civillian government.

Show us the text in the Constitution where two sets of rights are defined: one set of rights for the civillians in government; and a different set of rights for the civillians not in government.

Show it to us or STFU.
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Oakland 47%'ers....
So good....

Oakland police greeted them with teargas....

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Homer 2016 wrote:
Rightwingers are dumb.
Is there an advanced stage of dumb, surely they aren't just plain dumb?
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't at all be our continuous occupation and interventions in the region could it?
Blame Obama, he's been in charge for 4 years.
Whatever happened to Code Pink? And those anti war Hollywood celebrities?

Obama is the one dropping bombs from drones and killing innocents including women and children.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Nuculur option wrote:
For over two centuries the Constitution has remained in force because its framers successfully separated and balanced governmental powers to safeguard the interests of MAJORITY RULE and minority rights, of liberty and equality, and of the central and state governments.
http://www.senate.gov/civics/constitution_ite...
----------
In the Federalist Papers, Alexander Hamilton railed against requiring what we now call super majorities, calling that corruption of majority rule "a poison."
Giving the minority a way to negate the vote of the majority, Hamilton wrote, in No. 22:
"...is, in its tendency, to subject the sense of the greater number to that of the lesser number...The necessity of unanimity in public bodies, or of something approaching towards it, has been founded upon the supposition that it would contribute to security. But its real operation is to embarrass the administration, to destroy the energy of the government, and to substitute the pleasure, caprice, or artifices of an insignificant, turbulent, or corrupt junto to the regular deliberations and decisions of a respectable majority."
----------
James Madison, in the Federalist Papers, No. 58, adds:
"In all cases where justice or the general good might require new laws to be passed, or active measures to be pursued, the fundamental principle of free government would be reversed. It would be no longer the majority that would rule: the power would be transferred to the minority...[In] particular cases, an interested minority might take advantage of it to screen themselves from equitable sacrifices to the general [welfare], or, in particular emergencies, to extort unreasonable indulgences."
----------
Not surprising, but the Constitution and the guys who wrote disagree with your stupidity.
The House has more R's than D's. Who's the majority?? Why is John Boehner called the "Majority Leader", who is in charge of the House.??
The Senate has more D's than R's. Who's the majority? Why is harry Reid called the 'Majority Leader", who is in charge of the Senate??
The "Majority Leader" is so important that nothing is done without the Leader's consent. No bills, no votes, etc.
Now, to complete your lobotomy, please point to anything in Government where the minority sets the rules.
You can't, so again you lose!!
At least you're not ashamed to come here and make a fool of yourself!!
That's something to be said for ignorance!!
<quoted text>
The only rights specified in the Constitution are individual rights, idiot. There is no such thing as "monority rights".
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Apparently you have to put http or some such truck. Then it now takes you to a site telling you to go to another site. I read the transcript.
Apparently it's a bogus link
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Here stupid:
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/12/12...
If you are using the term "ghetto" because of the percentage of Jews in Boca Raton, then you are an anti Semite, but we know that.
I'm not Jewish, but you are an offensive, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynist pig. Like most in your party; that's why you lost and that's why you'll be long dead before another republican gets near the White House.
Without doubt Galt has some serious psychological problems, he attempts to cover up his indiscretions and major short comings by implying that all that don't agree with his fanaticism live in tenent houses or the barrio as he puts it. It's a poor mans way of feeling better about his uselessness and under achieving life. By trying to bring others down to his level...Kinda sad
LooTER SHooTER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I will give you folks a HEADS UP..... Agree , laugh, make stupid comments, ignore it , dont believe it, ITS YOUR CHOICE.
I WILL TELL YOU NOW.....
THAT UERY SOON WE WILL BE IN A PERIOD THAT .... THE ONLY THING YOU ARE GOING TO EAT IS WHAT Y O U PLANT IN THE GROUND !
Just like your greatgrandparents did !
ONLY THIS TIME YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO GUARD YOUR CROPS WITH A GUN !
Think its a joke pal ?
Keep laughing !
ONE DAY YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS POST AS YOU TRY TO FEED YOUR FAMILY WITH A SHOVEL AND A HOE IN YOUR HAND.!
There wont be NO GROCERY STORES ! No WALLMARTS.
CASH WIIL BE WORTHLESS .its almost worthless now !!
GIVE UP YOUR GUNS !
YOU WILL BE A FOOL ! An UTTER FOOL !
As RONALD REGAN ONCE SAID WISLEY'' AMERICA IS ALWAYS ONE DECADE AWAY FROM BEING A FREE SOCIETY ''
How True !
How True !
Obamas Destructive 8 years will make 2 years shy of that DECADE !
Please Dont Damn America !
STAND BESIDE HER AND GUIDE HER .
From the mountains to the praries, to the oceans white with foam !
MAY GOD TRULEY BLESS AMERICA !
OUR HOME SWEET HOME !
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Nuculur option wrote:
Another right wing moron!!
Ever bother to do any research before making stipid comments??
I thought not!!
"" Women have taken part in Israel’s military before and since the founding of the state in 1948, with women currently comprising 33% of all IDF soldiers and 51% of its officers, fulfilling various roles within the Ground, Navy and Air Forces. The 2000 Equality amendment to the Military Service law states that "The right of women to serve in any role in the IDF is equal to the right of men." As of now, 88% to 92%[7] of all roles in the IDF are open to female candidates, while women can be found in 69% of all positions."
"""women can be found in 69% of all positions."""
Those statistics prove you to be a woman hating nitwit.
Thanks for exposing your prejudices.
<quoted text>
You're an imbecile, after the Israeli's experience in the Sinai in 1973 they changed their military, it was a failure to expect the women to do what only men can.

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/800290...
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Denver 47%'ers....

So good Denver police arrest a whole gaggle of them!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/riot-pol...
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

<quoted text>
Two ways to stop wars: Re institute the draft and having to raise the money to pay for them first.
Where's Code Pink? 1 way to stop libs in their tracks, ask them a question they're afraid to answer.

Obama is given a pass Bush never got from the dishonest scumbags in the lSM AND the left.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

<quoted text>
Two ways to stop wars: Re institute the draft and having to raise the money to pay for them first.
Whenever we have a war it should be funded by an itemized, nationwide sales tax so that every time you make a purchase you know exactly what its costing us.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
I did serve, unlike your cowardly ass, that's why I know girls can't cut it in actual combat, you're an idiot and likely a draft dodger or a traitorous scunbag like John Kerry.
The only reason there's even women in the military now is that standards were lowered.
No one that has actually serve would ever say that about women. You obviously are new here or you would know that I served 21 years in the US Army and saw more than my share of combat. John Kerry volunteered for Vietnam and so did Al Gore, unlike Bush and all of the draft dodgers that he surrounded himself with. What standards were lowered. you said it now prove it, LIAR.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

flack wrote:
<quoted text> video.msnbc.msn.com/50208495#50208495
Since I don't as a rule do links I hope it works.
Well, I found this that corresponds with the number of the video, and it's from December 15th:

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/502084...

However, it doesn't say anything about a final coroners report; you have misinterpreted it and this information had been updated since then.
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Portland 47%'ers....

Acting so good police tear gassed them!

http://www.katu.com/news/local/134050068.html...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever we have a war it should be funded by an itemized, nationwide sales tax so that every time you make a purchase you know exactly what its costing us.
Good idea; and I also love your idea about insurance companies regulating guns. Don't think it's cathing on though, perhaps no one wants that liability; it'd have to have a payout schedule per victim.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an imbecile, after the Israeli's experience in the Sinai in 1973 they changed their military, it was a failure to expect the women to do what only men can.
http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/800290...
So your claim to fame is the fact that you can climb a 20' rope? Please tell us what all you can do that a woman cannot, and keep in military. You seem to have some women issues.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

<quoted text>
Here stupid:
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/12/12...
If you are using the term "ghetto" because of the percentage of Jews in Boca Raton, then you are an anti Semite, but we know that.
I'm not Jewish, but you are an offensive, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynist pig. Like most in your party; that's why you lost and that's why you'll be long dead before another republican gets near the White House.
Well now they will be allowed to protest just over the fence, provided they get a permit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,501
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min truth 48,862
Amy 7-23 20 min Julie 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min SpaceBlues 45,767
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 45 min TRD 67,891
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 55 min Hatti_Hollerand 458
Amy 7-22 1 hr Julie 14
Abby 7-23 5 hr PEllen 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••