Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
780,141 - 780,160 of 1,099,672 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
buck up carol. FOX is on later.
Fox is on all day. I just watch The O'Reilly Factor. He looks out for the folks and not big government. Keeps me sane.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
You responded to debil. He just made a fool out of you.
Thought you and debil were BFFs.
You do realize, of course, "carol," that resistance is futile? You're only serving to enlist more carols? it's you who keeps calling people, "fools," dear, whereas there's only the one big one I see currently....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

URDebilORdemORleosnana wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi debil, dem or leosnana.
Or Ghost, or Realtime/GOPidiots, or Demos/Tenzing/Nucular, or lily, or Jean/Yepperz
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

We, who are about to carol, salute you!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but we do have a system called 'majority rule'.
That's how elections are decided, nitwit!!
If most Americans decide we need new gun laws, that's the way it will play out.
Unless you nitwits decide to go traitor.
Then you'll end up dead.
You and Homer should form a club! The 'I don't have a clue' club. Majority rule is mob rule and the Us is not governed by mob rule.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Funny how when a minority of nitwits try to stop abortions, which are Constitutionally protected, you idiots consider suppression of others rights a good thing.

You're one of them, with your picture of a fetus and anti abortion rhetoric.

Try squaring your belief that it's ok for religious fools to supress a Supreme Court backed right of women, while it's not ok for a majority to vote for candidates who want to update our gun laws.

I'd love to hear this answer!!

You're the one who's too ignorant to understand.
flack wrote:
<quoted text> They will never understand.
carol

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

2012 was a rough year for Republicans, but it is not foreordained that the GOP has to wear the loser dunce cap again in 2016. The Republicans can rise again. What they need is a strategy for a comeback.

Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan has already suggested that the GOP get out front of the Democrats on a series of issues, including immigration reform. This is a good idea, but let me add two more issues other than immigration reform to the docket.

The first is to reform our drug laws. What if the GOP supported the decriminalization — or, even better, legalization — of marijuana? Talk about an issue that could make many college students reconsider their reflexive opposition to the GOP.

It’s also not clear to me why supporting sending people to jail for using marijuana is a conservative position. Conservative giant Bill Buckley certainly didn’t think it was. On a philosophical level, it makes no sense. On a moral level, it’s just wrong. Why should we be sending people prison for consuming something that directly harms no one other than possibly themselves?

At the state level, pro-marijuana legalization and decriminalization advocates have momentum. Some states have already legalized marijuana, or at least “medical” marijuana. But federal law hasn’t changed. It isn’t too late for the GOP to wisely step out in front on this issue and steal it as their own.

Here’s another out of the box idea — so out of the box that it deals with Uganda.

In Uganda, there is a bill before the parliament that could make homosexuality a crime punishable by death, though some reports say the death penalty has been removed from the bill and life imprisonment is now the top penalty. The bill, which has come to be known as the “kill the gays bill,” could soon be voted on, according to reports.

Needless to say, the legislation is abhorrent and an affront to human rights. What makes the matter worse is that some renegade American preachers have been blamed for inspiring the bill, if not supporting it, making the problem more of an American issue than it might otherwise be.

Why doesn’t a conservative GOP senator — or senators — pick up the cause and speak out strongly against this human rights travesty, demanding that the Uganda parliament reject the bill lest there be penalties?

Maybe this would help the GOP with the gay community by showing that just because conservatives generally oppose gay marriages, they are not indifferent to violence against gays around the world. Maybe it wouldn’t help. But at the very least, it would be the right thing to do.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/24/thedcs-jami...

Not A Parody.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
I'm happy with the new Carols!!
They're far superior to the tired old witch that's been whining about blacks and Obama for over 4 years.
If you run off the original Carol, well, that's even better!!
<quoted text>
You can't accuse me of having a personal war on women and then post stuff like this. It's just not right.
Yumpin Yiminy

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Whoa! Dat's a lotta carols in here, ya? An what are we supposed ta tink uff all dis? I ask you? Dere's babies in Africa starvin', an' more babies in Russia viddout no hope. Vut about de little vunderkinderhoffenstrassemeger s?
carol

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox is on all day. I just watch The O'Reilly Factor. He looks out for the folks and not big government. Keeps me sane.
yeah, keeping 4.26% of you conservatives sane is a big job.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's surely attenuating the truth to the breaking point!!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Even Bumpass beats the Moreno Valley barrio.
So says the envy ridden single wide dweller. When I came here I knew absolutely no one, now I do and there are good people all over America. Not fanatical, racist pigs like you. I happen to help people and I never ask their political beliefs. Unlike you. I have a life with many rewards. You can't even be honest about where you live, loser hypocrite.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I'm sure that suppressing the speech of others is an acceptable form of debate among liberals but it won't work here. (Turns O'reilly up to audio level 94 as shards of plaster fall off the textured ceiling)
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Pennsylvania...

Eastern Sports Show CANX....

Show banned 'assault' rifles...

And sponsors said see ya...

http://noisyroom.net/blog/2013/01/23/list-of-...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter not carol wrote:
breaking story only on FOX!!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/24/ore-man-...
what a freak show.
you should go look at the Daily Caller. it's a boob show.
you have to wonder about conservatives.
Maybe you should slow down a bit

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/kevi...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50553310/ns/local...

it was an AP story, as stated in your link.
carol

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

jiminy cricket wrote:
I will have the last laugh, and my 15 minutes of fame as well. In the future, a really cringe-worthy malapropism or factoid ad absurdum will be known as "pulling a carol," kind of like "jumping the shark," but even dumber.
Then who will the winner be, I ask you?
[applause]
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Ghost, or Realtime/GOPidiots, or Demos/Tenzing/Nucular, or lily, or Jean/Yepperz
Paranoid schizo say what.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

jiminy cricket wrote:
I will have the last laugh, and my 15 minutes of fame as well. In the future, a really cringe-worthy malapropism or factoid ad absurdum will be known as "pulling a carol," kind of like "jumping the shark," but even dumber.
Then who will the winner be, I ask you?
Yes, that's it precisely. The new verb is: to carol, and is not related to a particular holiday. Shall we go caroling? One carol or two? Is that a carol in your pocket or are you erect again? A carol in the hand... Two carol's don't make a Wright. Once upon a carol. A carol saved is a carol earned.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."

The bill is unlikely to pass, as Democrats have a majority in both chambers of New Mexico's state legislature

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/new-...
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize, of course, "carol," that resistance is futile? You're only serving to enlist more carols? it's you who keeps calling people, "fools," dear, whereas there's only the one big one I see currently....
You and only you, sir, are the biggest fool on here.

You really must be afraid of honest discourse to go to such lengths of being so immature.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Engagement Ring 9 min rodeo3queen 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 42 min DrZhivago 49,446
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min truth-facts 46,292
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 56 min Stanky Pete 7,560
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min LRS 177,316
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,917
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr 40ish 4,661
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE