Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
779,941 - 779,960 of 1,079,334 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Jiminy Cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one tough question from the bunch of them.
They care more about protecting their party than us.
It's just that simple. And sadly true.
More of your party doing what they do best...Cutting their own throat...At Americas expense..Power above all.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
But completely stupid
it's the white half. the other half is pretty frickin' smart.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

AFF wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the Court did on April 19th 1775. You better rethink and remember Natural Law.
better tell the court that their interpretation that the Court is the final word in interpreting the Constitution is subject to 'natural law'.

i'm sure they'll get right on it.

and i think your natural law thing is a failed birther screed. maybe you should be more specific so we can ascertain as to how you came up with that one.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure be yourself woman hater. Just because they have always ignored your fat retarded azz. Wonder why??????
OK Ghost, resume taking your Prozac.
RUSH10ME

Callao, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure be yourself woman hater. Just because they have always ignored your fat retarded azz. Wonder why??????
Morning Margaret , how are things in "bumpass" ?
Brown Girl in the Ring

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
Oh God help me, I just can't do this anymore ....
You could always shoot yourself if it really becomes too unbearable?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Thats an acurate comparison , hummer Hillary I like it ,ya mind if I use it later ?
right up your alley Rush. have at it ya sexist pig.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

8 Things You Didn't Know about Roe v Wade.

http://news.msn.com/us/unmasking-norma-mccorv...

Isn't it ironic that both Norma McCorvey "Roe" became a Christian and an anti-abortion activist and Madylan Murray O'Hair's son, the woman who single-handedly removed prayer in schools, also became a Christian and turned against his own mom?

And two women changed the course of this nation?

I do.

(Like lower case letters better in my present topix name)
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
wanna point those out in the Constitution?
but we do know how the Court feels about abortion.
You took a swing and missed....

You spout off some law blog about guns rights are limited...

How about 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'?

If we can limit guns then why not foodstamps?
RUSH10ME

Callao, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
right up your alley Rush. have at it ya sexist pig.
Hey Red cloud wanna play cowboys and indians ?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Why the GOP Could Be in the Wilderness For a Long Time

The problem for the GOP, as it is for all defeated, flailing parties, is that its leaders are sometimes oblivious to the party’s most serious weaknesses, or else they mistake those weaknesses for strengths. Hard-line foreign policy is one example of a clear liability for the party that its leaders believe to be one of their great advantages, which is one reason why it never even occurs to them that they are losing current and possible future supporters by hanging on to failed policy ideas.(Another is that they can’t or won’t acknowledge that the policies failed.) Far more politically damaging for Republicans are the national party’s lack of any relevant economic policy agenda and its cynical, selective interest in fiscal responsibility. This is the “pro-growth” party that presided over wage stagnation and anemic job growth in the 2000s, and this is the party supposedly horrified by deficit spending while being historically far worse at running up deficits when in power.

The weaknesses don’t stop there. The GOP wants to be perceived as the party of limited, constitutional government, but it just went through the better part of a decade expanding the size and intrusiveness of government, and it supported practices of illegal detention and illegal surveillance to boot. With depressingly few exceptions, the party hasn’t repudiated any of the latter, and there appears to be no urgency in reversing or undoing any of the damage done by these things. Having trashed almost everything that their party was supposed to represent, many Republican leaders act as if the worst thing that ever happened during the Bush years was a profusion of earmarks. Until they stop kidding or lying to themselves about what happened the last time there was unified Republican government, it’s doubtful that the public will be willing to entrust them with that much power.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Maybe Obama's, cough, legacy of taking us further down the deficit hole without even considering cuts in anything except defense...continuing a war that was deemed "unwinnable" from the very beginning...creating an even deeper resentment towards America with the acceleration of drones that often kill as many innocents...hiding behind the presidency to carry out his own personal agenda...and deceiving the American public for personal and political gain...is more up Realtime's alley and legacies.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You took a swing and missed....
You spout off some law blog about guns rights are limited...
How about 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'?
If we can limit guns then why not foodstamps?
law blog???

that opinion was written by Justice Scalia. those are his words. the same words we will hear when the coming assault weapons ban makes it's way to the Court.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Red cloud wanna play cowboys and indians ?
you and the real Rush. 2 peas in a pod.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Can Democrats Win Texas? Is the GOP Toast?

Looking at the results of the last three election cycles, it seems impossible. The Democratic Party in the state is a mere ghost organization. Much-heralded demographic changes have not resulted in even a slight increase in Democratic votes. Texas may be a majority-minority state, but unlike, say, in California, Hispanics in Texas do not seem to have a culture of civic participation. They simply do not vote.

Then again, who would have predicted a decade ago that Dallas — once the most Republican major city in America — would become a Democratic bastion? Houston, San Antonio, and of course, Austin are also firmly in the Democratic camp.

This morning Politico reports that Jeremy Bird, one of the architects of Barack Obama’s formidable campaign apparatus, has formed “Battleground Texas,” a group that will raise “tens of millions of dollars” to put the Obama fieldbook to work in organizing block-by-block turnout of neglected and hitherto-uninterested Democratic voters.

It would be foolish for Republicans to underestimate (as they did in the Obama-Romney contest) the power of Obama’s data-based, volunteer-driven organization. Ted Cruz, for one, doesn’t underestimate it at all. As he told The New Yorker in November:

If Texas turns bright blue, the Electoral College math is simple. We won’t be talking about Ohio, we won’t be talking about Florida or Virginia, because it won’t matter. If Texas is bright blue, you can’t get to two-seventy electoral votes. The Republican Party would cease to exist. We would become like the Whig Party. Our kids and grandkids would study how this used to be a national political party.‘They had Conventions, they nominated Presidential candidates. They don’t exist anymore.’

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/can-de...
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

These guys aren't acting like One %'ers...

Cheating at Harvard....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/19/sports/ncaa...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Barrack Obama wants to destroy the Republican party as we know it, and he is getting the cooperation of so many of the Republican leadership that simply don’t know what to do to get out of their own way. Things have been pretty stable for them, and they have grown weak, complacent. As a Democrat pointed out there is no opponent worthy of Barrack Obama’s talents. If he means our Republican leadership, I couldn’t agree more. I hate it, but it is true.

http://www.redstate.com/solvoreor/2013/01/23/...
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
law blog???
that opinion was written by Justice Scalia. those are his words. the same words we will hear when the coming assault weapons ban makes it's way to the Court.
Answer the question about limiting rights....

If the SCOTUS can limit arms what would stop them from limiting Sec 8 housing?
RUSH10ME

Callao, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you and the real Rush. 2 peas in a pod.
Alright Red Cloud how about we play 'PEARL HARBOR" I will laydown and sleep and you sneak up and blow the hell out of me ?
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

A fish rots from the head down....

Cheating at Emory University

http://www.examiner.com/article/emory-univers...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,521
Execution takes 2 hours. GOOD,HAPPY 4 THAT 11 min Joe Wood killed 2 in 1989 1
Abby 7-24 12 min squishymama 15
Amy 7-24 24 min squishymama 17
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 35 min Uzi 67,901
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 35 min Mister Tonka 97,517
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 48,878
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info