Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
779,921 - 779,940 of 1,100,230 Comments Last updated 29 min ago
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#846040 Jan 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
right up your alley Rush. have at it ya sexist pig.
Hey Red cloud wanna play cowboys and indians ?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#846041 Jan 24, 2013
Why the GOP Could Be in the Wilderness For a Long Time

The problem for the GOP, as it is for all defeated, flailing parties, is that its leaders are sometimes oblivious to the party’s most serious weaknesses, or else they mistake those weaknesses for strengths. Hard-line foreign policy is one example of a clear liability for the party that its leaders believe to be one of their great advantages, which is one reason why it never even occurs to them that they are losing current and possible future supporters by hanging on to failed policy ideas.(Another is that they can’t or won’t acknowledge that the policies failed.) Far more politically damaging for Republicans are the national party’s lack of any relevant economic policy agenda and its cynical, selective interest in fiscal responsibility. This is the “pro-growth” party that presided over wage stagnation and anemic job growth in the 2000s, and this is the party supposedly horrified by deficit spending while being historically far worse at running up deficits when in power.

The weaknesses don’t stop there. The GOP wants to be perceived as the party of limited, constitutional government, but it just went through the better part of a decade expanding the size and intrusiveness of government, and it supported practices of illegal detention and illegal surveillance to boot. With depressingly few exceptions, the party hasn’t repudiated any of the latter, and there appears to be no urgency in reversing or undoing any of the damage done by these things. Having trashed almost everything that their party was supposed to represent, many Republican leaders act as if the worst thing that ever happened during the Bush years was a profusion of earmarks. Until they stop kidding or lying to themselves about what happened the last time there was unified Republican government, it’s doubtful that the public will be willing to entrust them with that much power.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#846042 Jan 24, 2013
Maybe Obama's, cough, legacy of taking us further down the deficit hole without even considering cuts in anything except defense...continuing a war that was deemed "unwinnable" from the very beginning...creating an even deeper resentment towards America with the acceleration of drones that often kill as many innocents...hiding behind the presidency to carry out his own personal agenda...and deceiving the American public for personal and political gain...is more up Realtime's alley and legacies.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#846043 Jan 24, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You took a swing and missed....
You spout off some law blog about guns rights are limited...
How about 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'?
If we can limit guns then why not foodstamps?
law blog???

that opinion was written by Justice Scalia. those are his words. the same words we will hear when the coming assault weapons ban makes it's way to the Court.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#846044 Jan 24, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Red cloud wanna play cowboys and indians ?
you and the real Rush. 2 peas in a pod.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#846045 Jan 24, 2013
Can Democrats Win Texas? Is the GOP Toast?

Looking at the results of the last three election cycles, it seems impossible. The Democratic Party in the state is a mere ghost organization. Much-heralded demographic changes have not resulted in even a slight increase in Democratic votes. Texas may be a majority-minority state, but unlike, say, in California, Hispanics in Texas do not seem to have a culture of civic participation. They simply do not vote.

Then again, who would have predicted a decade ago that Dallas — once the most Republican major city in America — would become a Democratic bastion? Houston, San Antonio, and of course, Austin are also firmly in the Democratic camp.

This morning Politico reports that Jeremy Bird, one of the architects of Barack Obama’s formidable campaign apparatus, has formed “Battleground Texas,” a group that will raise “tens of millions of dollars” to put the Obama fieldbook to work in organizing block-by-block turnout of neglected and hitherto-uninterested Democratic voters.

It would be foolish for Republicans to underestimate (as they did in the Obama-Romney contest) the power of Obama’s data-based, volunteer-driven organization. Ted Cruz, for one, doesn’t underestimate it at all. As he told The New Yorker in November:

If Texas turns bright blue, the Electoral College math is simple. We won’t be talking about Ohio, we won’t be talking about Florida or Virginia, because it won’t matter. If Texas is bright blue, you can’t get to two-seventy electoral votes. The Republican Party would cease to exist. We would become like the Whig Party. Our kids and grandkids would study how this used to be a national political party.‘They had Conventions, they nominated Presidential candidates. They don’t exist anymore.’

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/can-de...
forks_make_us_fa t

Kellyville, OK

#846046 Jan 24, 2013
These guys aren't acting like One %'ers...

Cheating at Harvard....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/19/sports/ncaa...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#846047 Jan 24, 2013
Barrack Obama wants to destroy the Republican party as we know it, and he is getting the cooperation of so many of the Republican leadership that simply don’t know what to do to get out of their own way. Things have been pretty stable for them, and they have grown weak, complacent. As a Democrat pointed out there is no opponent worthy of Barrack Obama’s talents. If he means our Republican leadership, I couldn’t agree more. I hate it, but it is true.

http://www.redstate.com/solvoreor/2013/01/23/...
forks_make_us_fa t

Kellyville, OK

#846048 Jan 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
law blog???
that opinion was written by Justice Scalia. those are his words. the same words we will hear when the coming assault weapons ban makes it's way to the Court.
Answer the question about limiting rights....

If the SCOTUS can limit arms what would stop them from limiting Sec 8 housing?
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#846049 Jan 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you and the real Rush. 2 peas in a pod.
Alright Red Cloud how about we play 'PEARL HARBOR" I will laydown and sleep and you sneak up and blow the hell out of me ?
forks_make_us_fa t

Kellyville, OK

#846051 Jan 24, 2013
A fish rots from the head down....

Cheating at Emory University

http://www.examiner.com/article/emory-univers...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#846052 Jan 24, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The piece by Bill Flax is a perfect example of false equivalencies often used by the extreme right to make dubious points that under scrutiny fall flat. This is no exception. He starts off with a bald faced lie stating that the Nazis enforced strict gun control. German gun laws were put into effect in 1928 under the Weimar government seeking to curb the proliferation of private armies that were seeking to destabilize the new government.
www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcnazimyth.html
You might as well call Ronald Reagan a Nazi in this case since he supported and lobbied for the 1994Assault Weapons Ban.
www.outsidethebeltway.com/ronald-reagan-helpe... ...
The separation of church and state is in the Constitution moron, and numerous cases before the Supreme Court have affirmed this such as McCollum v Board of Education and Engel v Vitale. In Tammy Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover Area School District, et al. a George W. Bush appointee to the federal bench ruled that the teaching of intelligent design was unconstitutional in public schools.
As for public education John Adams wrote;
"Laws for the liberal education of youth, especially of the lower class of people, are so extremely wise and useful, that, to a human and generous mind, no expense for this purpose would be thought extravagant."
Thomas Jefferson likewise stated in his 1806 State of the Union address;
"An amendment to our constitution must here come in the aid of public education. The influence over government must be shared among all people."
They must have been Nazis.
And where exactly has any liberal advocated for the closing of private schools?
As for Hitler seeking to ban meat after the war, Mr. Flax seems to forget that Hitler was in fact dead before the war ended.
The bottom line is that Flax's opinion piece has more holes in it than Swiss cheese and only a complete idiot would put any credence at all in it.
Applause!!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#846054 Jan 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Barrack Obama wants to destroy the Republican party as we know it, and he is getting the cooperation of so many of the Republican leadership that simply don’t know what to do to get out of their own way. Things have been pretty stable for them, and they have grown weak, complacent. As a Democrat pointed out there is no opponent worthy of Barrack Obama’s talents. If he means our Republican leadership, I couldn’t agree more. I hate it, but it is true.
http://www.redstate.com/solvoreor/2013/01/23/...
Lol
Jane Says

New York, NY

#846055 Jan 24, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That would be either Dallas or Crawford, Texas,'mam, and the British spelling is always appreciated.
you're so clever when you're between sperm donors. i think they sap your strength. how is baby Raeshawn doing?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#846056 Jan 24, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Baggers are as close to a mob as it gets. By the way what do we mean when we continue to say that we are spreading democracy. You seem to show a preponderance to make things up as you go.
He said he's not a rightwinger!!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#846058 Jan 24, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Alright Red Cloud how about we play 'PEARL HARBOR" I will laydown and sleep and you sneak up and blow the hell out of me ?
This is not a dating site, killer
forks_make_us_fa t

Kellyville, OK

#846059 Jan 24, 2013
Liberals lie....

About jobs in the legal profession...

http://www.ogdenonpolitics.com/2011/01/law-sc...
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#846060 Jan 24, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Applause!!
What else would we expect from the drunk Boca Raton "clap" trap .
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#846061 Jan 24, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Red cloud wanna play cowboys and indians ?
Sure Mr. Custer, bring it on.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#846062 Jan 24, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Hillary can start picking the wall paper for the whitehouse now. This is the whole point, while you keep leaning to the right of Genghis Khan there is not a snowflake's chance in hell that a Republican will be elected next time around. Christie at the moment is your only chance, so get started on making him over. Get him to a boot camp.
Four more years of Obama economic failure will lead to election of a Republican in 2016...a real Republican, not Benedict Christie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 7 min SLY WEST 570
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr lmao 46,314
Abby 8-29 1 hr pde 11
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,452
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mimi Seattle 97,933
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 177,384
•••
•••