Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,990)

Showing posts 779,781 - 779,800 of1,036,702
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Legislators in Missouri, Kansas and elsewhere look to nullify federal laws

In the eyes of most legal scholars, however, the efforts are unconstitutional.

"The states can't simply choose to defy and override a valid federal law," said Allen Rostron, a professor of constitutional law at the University of Missouri-Kansas City.

The U.S. Constitution deems federal statutes "the supreme law of the land," Rostron said, a fact that was tested and confirmed by the Civil War. Attempts to invoke state supremacy have been shot down over the years by generations of U.S. Supreme Court decisions.

Read more here: http://midwestdemocracy.com/articles/states-l...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the "questions." I see, I think, you need the answers delivered more slowly so you can understand them better: W...E.... A.. R.. E... English as a second language, huh? If you ask the same fucking question again I'm going to have carol kill herself in the most horrible way possible. Her balls are in your court, Sancho.
Like you killed Grey Ghost (the first time) by giving him brain cancer? LOL
dem lilli leo gayGhost

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
I like to stuff two balls in my mouth at a time for effectively cleaning the ringworm off them.
A cleaned scrotum is a terrible thing to waste!
Put those balls in our mouth!

Group licking!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

The Constitution does not contain any clause providing that the states have the power to declare federal laws unconstitutional.

Supporters of nullification have argued that the states' power of nullification is inherent in the nature of the federal system. They have argued that before the Constitution was ratified, the states essentially were separate nations. Under this theory, the Constitution is a contract, or "compact," among the states by which the states delegated certain powers to the federal government, while reserving all other powers to themselves. The states, as parties to the compact, retained the inherent right to judge compliance with the compact. According to supporters of nullification, if the states determine that the federal government has exceeded its delegated powers, the states may declare federal laws unconstitutional. Nullification supporters argue that the power to declare federal laws unconstitutional not only is inherent in the concept of state sovereignty, but also is one of the powers reserved to the states by the Tenth Amendment.

This view of the Constitution has been rejected by the federal courts, which consistently have held that under the Constitution, the states do not have the power to nullify federal laws. The courts have rejected the compact theory, finding that the Constitution was not a contract among the states. Rather, the Constitution was established directly by the people, as stated in the preamble: "We the people of the United States...." Under the Supremacy Clause of Article VI, the Constitution and federal laws adopted in pursuance thereof are the "supreme law of the land ... any thing in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding." Federal laws therefore cannot be negated by the states. Rather, federal laws are valid and are supreme, so long as those laws were adopted in pursuance of—that is, consistent with—the Constitution. Determining whether a federal law is consistent with the Constitution requires interpretation of the law, which is inherently a judicial function. The federal judicial power granted by Article III of the Constitution gives the federal courts authority over all cases "arising under this Constitution [or] the laws of the United States." The federal courts therefore have the power to determine whether federal laws are constitutional, with the Supreme Court having final authority.

Thus, the federal courts have held that under the Constitution, federal law is controlling over state law, and the final power to declare federal laws unconstitutional has been delegated to the federal courts. The states therefore do not have the power to nullify federal law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullification_%2...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, slavery afforded such upward mobility.
Do you even read what you write?
Which group of post-civil rights democrats make in a capital crime to teach a slave to read or write?
dem

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi debil
Haha!

Mi name is dem....and i gargle many a mans ball sacks!

And I forgot to change my name back to dem!

Stoopid me!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Update & run your virus scan - can also download & run Malwarebytes (free, safe & good).
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwareb...
CCleaner also works well for clearing out tons of junk files.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner (also free, safe & good).
Stay away from Democrat websites.
Add these to your arsenal

Combofix
Rkill
Tdsskiller
Adwcleaner
Hijack this
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Another shooting at a Texas College.
dem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Duffy?
Is that Daffy,s Irish cousin?
Ball licking is my game!

Schlurp!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican party is as diverse as its ever been, Tenzing, we are growing in strength and now have Protestants and Pentecostals, Mormons and Methodists, Catholics and... Christians. Soon, all the world's religions will gather under our big tent to usher in a new era of renewal and a return to the values our forefathers held dear back in eastern Europe before the putsch. I can guarantee Beyonce' won't be singing at any more inaugurals, mark my words. And that Kelly Clarkson creature! How utterly embarassing for this once great nation.
Seriously, you should try reading what you write:

"The Republican party is as diverse as its ever been,"

Hate to point out to you that the unless the GOP changes dramatically it can't compete on the national stage. They've won only one of the last five elections at the national level and all your BS won't change that.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Whites are imitating blacks, a most unfortunate occurrence and an indication of a national decline in moral values.
If you leftwingers cared in the slightest about the black community, you would understand that the destruction of the family unit is the primary reason for lack of any progress. Families need fathers, not Obamaphones.
Exactly.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

The room spun out of control. For the first time since joining the church carol was no longer in control of herself. She felt.. strangely alive.. her skin prickled with a thousand tiny needles and bursts of white light went off like exploding diamonds on the back of her eyelids. She could feel a viscous liquid on the inside of her thigh and reached to wipe it away but her hands refused to move.

Amidst the bursts of light she saw a figure approaching... "Jesus," she thought - the noun not the exclamation - and, as she angled her breast towards salvation it dawned on her that Jesus was running towards her.... barrel-assing you might say.

Carol watched intently, unable to move as jesus rushed forwards towards her and as he did so she noticed how long his ears were, flopping about to and fro and he was talking... "I'm late," he muttered as he ran... "I'm late... for a very important date!" He had brushed by carol before she realized what the rabbit was saying. "Wait a minute," she thought fuzzily. "A rabbit? Jesus is a rabbit? Well that explains a good deal." And with that imaginary carol began to drift off down the tunnel after him. After God knows what in fact.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>When "family values" is used to keep civil rights such as marriage and voting and education from parts of the populace, they are. BTW, just how much does your marriage need to be defended from GLTB community?
What rights do i as a heterosexual have that you do not?
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
Are you running away from your original, stupid post??
I thought so.
I'm waiting for you to tell us how Beyonce lip synching affects our nation in any way, shape, or form.
It'd fit right in with your ignorance in defending the Republiclown Party for positions they haven't held in almost 50 years.
Or will you double down on your stupidity and maintain that yours isn't a party of racists and haters, in spite of massive evidence to the contrary??
<quoted text>
Nuculur …Why so Angry? Talk about running away-Who started the Birther controversy? You answer this Question than you can ask a Question, How’s That? Another question does a Zebra change Stripes?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Legislators in Missouri, Kansas and elsewhere look to nullify federal laws
In the eyes of most legal scholars, however, the efforts are unconstitutional.
"The states can't simply choose to defy and override a valid federal law," said Allen Rostron, a professor of constitutional law at the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
The U.S. Constitution deems federal statutes "the supreme law of the land," Rostron said, a fact that was tested and confirmed by the Civil War. Attempts to invoke state supremacy have been shot down over the years by generations of U.S. Supreme Court decisions.
Read more here: http://midwestdemocracy.com/articles/states-l...
Your position does not account for state laws legalizing marijuana in defiance of federal law.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't run away, dufus. We're actually getting somewhere on where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government.
Here's an answer you were too ignorant to come up with:
The question was, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
The answer suggested is "taxes"?
Who's going to pay those taxes?
You actually have to identify a source of money to answer the question.
Who's going to pay the taxes to pay for Obama's government?
Well....?
Who's going to pay the taxes to pay for Obama's government?
Mostly the middle class. Lower to upper. Not the rich. They don't have enough money.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
An anti American traitor, like you. I listened to a caller into Randi Rhodes yesterday who sounded exactly like you, it was totally amazing. Do you all read the same playbook? She tore him apart btw and he was left sputtering and then resorted to the same insults that most rightwing men do on here. What a trip.
Randi Rhodes...isn't she the drunk who smashed her face in leaving a bar? Or was that you?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Should we be surprise ….Confirmed: Beyoncé Lip-Synced the Star-Spangled Banner!!
I'll alert the media and call my congressman to demand impeachment hearings commence post-haste!!!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
Another shooting at a Texas College.
Geeze, who could have seen that coming...using only a digital camera, right?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Do you somehow think that LGBT has a letter in there for black? I asked you a simple question, but forget about it--what your full of is neither credible not the milk of human kindness.
Come on fake teacher, proof read already!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 779,781 - 779,800 of1,036,702
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

60 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min Catfish Hunter 96,275
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min Religionthebiglie 47,174
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 26 min Eric 65,547
Music Artists A to Z 36 min _Zoey_ 99
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min litesong 43,160
Abby 4-23 1 hr PEllen 29
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 167,716
Amy 4-23 2 hr cheluzal 40
ask amy 4-22 8 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••