Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277149 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#846201 Jan 24, 2013
carol wrote:
I ask you this, Homer, if Obama is such a great President than why does he continue to lie to the American people about Benghazi?
What is he trying to hide? Why haven't we seen the seven hours of tapes erased by the white house in a blatant attempt to slay the messenger? Hmmmmm?
wanna try to cite that load of crap?

you can try FOX if you want.
carol

United States

#846202 Jan 24, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>She herself is doing some of it. It's funny reading their exchanges on other threads. They sound like their still in high school. They follow each othet on twitter and Facebook, so this is a coordinated "attack". They've run people off topix before using this tactic.
Hee hee
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#846203 Jan 24, 2013
carol wrote:
I ask you this, Homer, if Obama is such a great President than why does he continue to lie to the American people about Benghazi?
What is he trying to hide? Why haven't we seen the seven hours of tapes erased by the white house in a blatant attempt to slay the messenger? Hmmmmm?
lol! Funny thing is, if you KNOW he's lying, why can't you prove it?

So really, it's why are YOU lying son?
Eman

Bethlehem, PA

#846205 Jan 24, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"The practice of taking other posters' names is childish" - leosnana
I agree.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#846206 Jan 24, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> We don't govern by mob rule in this country.
No, but we do have a system called 'majority rule'.

That's how elections are decided, nitwit!!

If most Americans decide we need new gun laws, that's the way it will play out.

Unless you nitwits decide to go traitor.

Then you'll end up dead.
Nuculur obamabortion

Pompano Beach, FL

#846207 Jan 24, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
When you go to court plead insanity, no court would ever convict you.
Following your path to prison is not an option. Red Lobster has already barred you from entering, and the fact that you are stupid enough to still be supporting the most incompetent president since Jimma Carter speaks volumes about why your fantasy life and phony book deal still have you imprisoned in Bumpass, Bumpass! LOL
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#846208 Jan 24, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>"Talk abot dumb" this brought to you by the "dumbass from Bumpass" you can't make this shit up .
So instead of addressing your many issues, you attempt to create more. Look neanderthal go shave your armpits and trim those nose hairs, you need to look presentable when they come to get you.

Location hidden

#846209 Jan 24, 2013
Y'know, if you were smart enough to not get your ass kicked in discussions, you wouldn't have to retreat to asking the same dumb questions for weeks.

But you're not, so you do.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just go straight to the core of the matter:
Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security detatchment in Benghazi while the real-tiem video was being watched in the White House?
Got an answer yet?
And, since it was obvous to anyone in the White House watching the Al Qaeda attack live that it wasn't caused by a spontaneous demonstration, why did Obama lie for two weeks trying to cover up the terrorist attack?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#846210 Jan 24, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, we will stick with a winner, now you however have a serious problem, Thank goodness, four more years of your kind would have destroyed us for good.
Four years from now, you will likely have assumed room temperature.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#846211 Jan 24, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about "where" and it's certainly not about "my" God. God, my God, is unknowable. He is as the little child, into everything. Grow up.
As with all your answers jibber jabber. Only infant brains believe that mumble jumble.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#846212 Jan 24, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but we do have a system called 'majority rule'.
That's how elections are decided, nitwit!!
If most Americans decide we need new gun laws, that's the way it will play out.
Unless you nitwits decide to go traitor.
Then you'll end up dead.
2 words...prop 8
TSM

El Paso, TX

#846213 Jan 24, 2013
If I was a Diplomat serving in this administration and this President/Secretary of State told me they had my Back I’ll be shaking in my Boots!! We can see by Hillary testimony these four dead Americans were “Foot Notes” in trying to defend their Incompetence!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#846214 Jan 24, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>To keep and bear arms. Great we'll keep em down at the armory and you can come get em if we are ever under attack.
If the "attack" occurs, it will be internal rather than external.

Location hidden

#846215 Jan 24, 2013
You're really stupid this AM.

When a majority voted for TP candidates, was that mob rule??

Of course not, it was democracy in action.

The Republic part only comes in after the candidates recieve a majority of votes, kapish??

We elect our representatives via direct democracy.

Funny how you nitwits don't know how our Government works.

If a majority of Americans elect reps that vote for gun control, that is majority rule.

I don't know where you come up with that lame brained 'mob rule' nonsense.

Likely because you're scared that the American public is backing new gun control laws.
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That's mob rule. We don't govern by mob rule. This is a republic not a democracy. You'll seem to get that confused all the time.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#846216 Jan 24, 2013
There’s no question that Republican leaders are willing to change certain things about the party, at least superficially, in order to win the White House and the Senate. A remarkable insta-consensus has formed among several movement conservative pundits and some Republican politicians that backing some version of immigration amnesty is a necessary and even desirable thing that the party must do. It’s a bad response as a matter of policy, and it is one that won’t even yield the desired electoral benefits. It is telling that the first big policy proposal that a leading Republican would make after the 2012 defeat is to revive one of the most unpopular pieces of the Bush administration’s domestic agenda. If this is “saving” the GOP, what would wrecking it even more look like? It is reasonably safe to assume that the GOP will remain in the political wilderness for several more years, because most of its leaders still don’t understand how they got there in the first place. Even fewer have a good idea for how to get out.

The problem for the GOP, as it is for all defeated, flailing parties, is that its leaders are sometimes oblivious to the party’s most serious weaknesses, or else they mistake those weaknesses for strengths.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#846217 Jan 24, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and you conservatives are shining examples of defending the rights of minorities...Make me gag, what a lying hypocrite. You are one broken robot.
"The minority" does not refer to "minorities", as in racial or ethnic groups.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#846218 Jan 24, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead of addressing your many issues, you attempt to create more. Look neanderthal go shave your armpits and trim those nose hairs, you need to look presentable when they come to get you.
Why dont you volunteer for the job Margaret ?? Not the shaving part but the coming to get me part .
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#846219 Jan 24, 2013
Nuculur obamabortion wrote:
<quoted text> Following your path to prison is not an option. Red Lobster has already barred you from entering, and the fact that you are stupid enough to still be supporting the most incompetent president since Jimma Carter speaks volumes about why your fantasy life and phony book deal still have you imprisoned in Bumpass, Bumpass! LOL
First Red Lobster would pay me to eat there...Dumbo. Obama is a great president, after the last idiot Foghorn Leghorn would be better. I'm here on special assignment lightweight, as opposed to you stuck in a double wide in a swamp. My book along with my other projects are doing quite well thank you. So eat your heart out loser.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#846220 Jan 24, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
She did kind of make a confession the other day. Why else would she have said it wasn't debil?
There are 3 fake carols, I think -- debil, dem and perhaps leosnana.
Anything to silence what comes close to resembling the truth.
Assuming that those three are all distinct individuals, a fact not in evidence.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#846221 Jan 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You know what? I agree with you on this.
Which is why it's so baffling why cons are so "up in arms" over nothing, while lying about taking guns away and making up other nonsense.
Because a significant faction of the opposition wants to do exactly that and must be confronted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Arkie 196,954
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cheftell 70,160
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Ferrerman 100,649
Clare rios 2 hr Lol dumbaz 2
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr RACE 1,723
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr RACE 5,428
a teachers lament. 3 hr Ferrerman 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages