Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
779,481 - 779,500 of 1,096,595 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
BBL.
Run, run, run as fast as you can. No one wants to catch you, you're the prick for brains man...

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, good one...Read it and weep baggers.
sad part is out of all that attended only 16 missed a day of work

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Allen West 'NUTS!' Letter Provides Nice Payout For CAIR

"Weeks after taking to eBay to auction off a bizarre letter it received from former Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) in 2011, the Florida chapter of the Council on American Islamic Relations has cashed in on the piece of political memorabilia.

The item, listed as "Allen West NUTS Letter Possibly Shortest Letter from Congress in US History," began at a starting price of $1,000. It ultimately sold for $2,625, after receiving 15 bids.

In 2011, local leaders of CAIR called on West to denounce anti-Muslim activists that they believed to be involved with his campaign. The Tea Party congressman responded with a one-word retort.

"NUTS!" West's letter read, printed on his official congressional stationery.

CAIR addressed the sale in a statement to the press on Tuesday.

"We are taught in Islam to meet a bad deed with a good deed," the statement reads. "So we turned Allen West's bad deed into 2,625 good deeds. We thank Allen West for his 'NUTS'! Every penny of these monies will be used to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding."

There has been no response from West yet, but the fact that CAIR has profited off his letter could come as a slap in the face, considering the group's status as one of his primary adversaries during his short tenure in Congress.

West had a notoriously strained relationship with Muslims during his campaign and single term in office. During a town hall meeting, he once told a CAIR questioner not to "blow sunshine up my butt" after the man rose to ask West to clarify his remarks about a passage of the Quran.

West is currently embarking on a new career in conservative media and has ruled out a 2014 run for his old congressional seat."
Nuculur obamabortion

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Making "An honest woman of her" is totally the work/pride/accomplishment of a "male" doing the "right" thing? Wouldn't it have worked out better if he hadn't done the "wrong" thing to begin with? Marriage is not always the right thing; paying child support is better in some cases.
Ah, yes, no wonder the poor woman even abandoned her children to get away from you once she had enough to support herself without your "Whites of West Virginia" tactics.
Evidently your babydaddy took off and left you to collect your Obama welfare and foodstamps; no wonder you support Obama and no wonder your babydaddy left you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

CNN Wins Inauguration Ratings For Cable News; Fox News Comes In Last

CNN was the top-rated cable news network during President Obama's inauguration on Monday.

The network came in first place during the oath and inaugural address (11:45am -12:15pm) among total viewers, drawing 3.136 million viewers in all. MSNBC came in second with 2.273 million total viewers, while Fox News had 1.316 million total viewers.

CNN topped Fox News and MSNBC in the demo during that block, with 1.107 million adults ages 25-54. It also led the cable news networks during primetime (3.573 million total viewers vs. Fox News' 1.666 million total viewers and MSNBC's 1.365 million total viewers) and in total day (1.923 million total viewers vs. Fox News' 1.104 million total viewers and MSNBC's 1.095 million total viewers).

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
The black that made me a baby mama was named Jimmy.
Or was it his penis?
Did he leave his lumberjack's hat by the door?
carol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I think he left.
Is it safe?
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
of course ;-)..no one lies on topix
and .... you most likely voted for the 47% man
Ugh..spare moi...j'est nes pas on my hip waders with super dooper suction gripers for muh tightrope warking across 5 foot puddles filled with alligators, piranhas and electric eels on.

My personal choice of candidates (Christie) wasn't running, but at least Hillary showed up today. Good to see her looking a little better. Poor woman...not a broom factory stocked enough to clean up so many world messes.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your eye, women who have children out of wedlock are sluts.
"real dumb"
You are real dumb and a phoney. The poster did not call the women sluts, you did.
Peace
KMA
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

A democrat asked about....

"...erroneous gov talking points" on Benghazi attack....

'What difference does it make'
Hillary Clinton

http://wtvr.com/2013/01/23/clinton-benghazi-a...
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
we believe you ;-)..of course you are a model for us all
...as your identity on topix
and DON'T even go there...or I will send you to a corner with a tin foil hat and a little buddha incense statue, laden with some incense that smells like skunk cabbage.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with "free love"
It has to do with the empowerment of women. Woman's lib!
We know who wears the pants in your house....
Jimmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I'm afraid to pull my head out of my azz?
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to the cabbage patch, dummy
"GFY" ignotard....this aint commieTic land here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

More from our next President, Hillary Clinton

----------

In one of her last acts as America’s top diplomat, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton hit back hard Wednesday at fierce Republican criticisms over the deadly Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya. Clinton, delivering long-awaited congressional testimony, alternately choked up, pounded the table in anger, laughed and offered clinical replies while vowing to do her utmost to prevent similar tragedies in the future.

“For me, this is not just a matter of policy—it’s personal,” she told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee as the 2 1/2-hour hearing got underway.

Clinton’s voice broke as she recalled welcoming home the “flag-draped caskets” of U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and three other Americans killed in the terrorist strike at the compound, and putting her arms around bereaved family members.

And she hit the witness table with her fist several times during a contentious exchange with Republican Sen. Ron Johnson, who accused President Barack Obama’s administration of misleading Americans by initially saying the attack grew out of a protest against an Internet video mocking Islam. There was no such demonstration, as officials later acknowledged. Johnson said,“We were misled.”

“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest? Or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they’d go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make,” Clinton scolded Johnson, raising her voice.“It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator.”

----------

Rumor has it that Ron Johnson broke down in tears after being rebuked so thoroughly by Ms. Clinton.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Making "An honest woman of her" is totally the work/pride/accomplishment of a "male" doing the "right" thing? Wouldn't it have worked out better if he hadn't done the "wrong" thing to begin with? Marriage is not always the right thing; paying child support is better in some cases.
Ah, yes, no wonder the poor woman even abandoned her children to get away from you once she had enough to support herself without your "Whites of West Virginia" tactics.
I can't wait until you b*-%&! gain income equality so you can start paying for your mistakes....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Romney was so good in the debates that he lost the election!!

Remember, nitwit??
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like he did in the first debate? ROFLMAO
He had to be kept on script by the so-called moderator in the second debate, and she had to join the debate to save Obama.
Jimmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Like he did in the first debate? ROFLMAO

He had to be kept on script by the so-called moderator in the second debate, and she had to join the debate to save Obama.
I'm glad you found something to make you believe this is all a liberal trick.
Shows how dumb you really are.
Rand Paul

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

In his questioning of Clinton, Sen. Rand Paul, R- Ky., told her,“I’m glad that you’re accepting responsibility. I think that ultimately with your leaving, you accept the culpability for the worst tragedy since 9/11, and I really mean that. Had I been president at the time and I found that you did not read the cables from Benghazi, you did not read the cables from Ambassador Stevens, I would have relieved you of your post.”

He added,“It’s a failure of leadership” which cost the Americans in Benghazi their lives.“I think it’s good that you’re accepting responsibility-- because no one else is.”

Paul also argued that U.S. personnel ought to never have been sent to Benghazi “in a war zone” without a military guard.“You shouldn’t send them in with the same kind of embassy staff that you have in Paris,” he added.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/...

Rand Paul is the man of the hour.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But OMG we can't talk about birth control. Lets close down Planned Parenthood. Lets have a f*cking fit about contraceptives without a copay.
I mean OMG we can't make these people better educated & better prepared for having sex.
Oh that's right., You dumbass right whiners never ever had sex before you had paying jobs.
My God you people are dumber than sh*t. You bitch about out of wedlock births to women under 19 but want to make contraceptives more difficult to get.
But hey, in the words of John Galt & Rush Limbaugh, women who have sex without being married are all sluts. You know, women like your mother, wife & daughters.
"real dumb"
You hit a homer with "silly" and "dim", you called all women who disagree with your idiotic BS sluts.
You will get a big LOL from "silly" for sure, "poop" get so excited he will pop his blow up balloon.
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min LRS 176,873
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 38 min BigRabbit 68,860
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 48 min Sinatra 291
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 55 min gcaveman1 46,243
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Valerie 97,845
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,303
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 3 hr _Zoey_ 7,738
Amy 8-22 6 hr Kuuipo 12

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••