Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#845479 Jan 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention that most Republicans were at work on Monday.
A little tip of the hat to Obama, good for you JG. Flack was actually referring to the election which was on a Tuesday or didn't you vote?
carol

United States

#845480 Jan 23, 2013
It's me.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#845481 Jan 23, 2013
WAKE UP Democrats wrote:
True motives behind Obama's gun 'control' stance
By George Green
True motives behind Obama's gun 'control' stance. 49164.jpeg
From abroad I must note that when I was last in America I could see the increasingly authoritarian executive branch paying careless disregard to their oath to uphold the Constitution. Thus I am hardly surprised that President Obama, who seems to have to problem arming American soldiers to interfere with the sovereignty of other nations, has decided to again extend executive power, this time to ban and register firearms. The question is whether he's doing this out of care for protecting schools or something else.
Recently there was a tragedy involving a young man killing many school children at Sandy Hook Elementary School, in New Town, Connecticut. This has been used as the so-called 'final straw' requiring unprecedented intervention from the federal government, and explicitly the administrative branch. The strange thing is though, Connecticut itself already had similar laws to the ones prposed including and assault weapons ban. If it didn't work in Connecticut why is the administration proposing it for the whole nation? The chief of police in Newtown was indeed shocked by the firepower the 20 year assailant was packing, but if he didn't obtain it under the laws of Connecticut, how is making it illegal elsewhere going to help?
Print version
+- Font Size
Send to friend
Criminals and Crazy people will always find a way to create violence; in lieu of assault rifles certainly they'll take up fertilizer and coffee grinders to create bombs as terrorists groups in nations with strict gun laws already have. Yet there's no public outcry to ban gardening. Something else must be compelling Obama, following in the steps of Hitler prior to his seize of power, to go after firearms specifically, and the US amendment that was specifically intended to allow the people to resist the government in an armed struggle by founders who felt that another revolution could one day be necessary. Perhaps Obama isn't worried at all about schools, perhaps he smells revolution in the air.
For those who haven't been following American news; the people are not happy. Two movements have emerged, the so-call Tea Party, and the Occupy movement. The Tea Party movement has held major rallies in cities across America gaining massive support but with relatively no interference by the government. The Occupy movements, seeking to directly protest the financial centers where grievances against the American people have not been addressed and continue unabated, have seen what can only be described as regular abuse of authority by the police; while America accuses other nations, like Russia, of taking a tough line on protests, when it comes to blocking traffic on Wall Street America puts it's boot down hard.
The two groups largely disagree on what should be done but they do agree on one point: The people in power neither care about their issues, nor is the current government capable of addressing their concerns; that may not yet be revolutionary talk but it's getting close to revolutionary thinking. As Obama soon goes to his inauguration, a multi-million dollar event with everything one would expect to need for a rap album release party, he doesn't go with a majority of the people. American voter turn out has been abysmal for years and Americans go to polls far less than other first world countrie disappointed with the system that they bother, and that two growing movements identify Federal Government as the problem; maybe we can see why Obama might be concerned with guns. With revolution in the air the most logical thing for an increasingly dictatorial leader to do is to dispense with laws designed to allow for revolution when the government fails to do its job.
Paranoid programmed idiot say what?
AnyoneAnyone

Orlando, FL

#845482 Jan 23, 2013
LoyalOpposition wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference being...only one of these parties is intolerant of the other to the point of wanting to destroy it.
And have Cheerleaders to help them.
Certainly, you see the danger in just one party having total domination over the entire country.
Say you do.
...and a corrupt media on the side of power rather than looking out for the folks...which is the only purpose of the Fourth Estate.
WAKE UP Democrats

Nashville, NC

#845483 Jan 23, 2013
As further evidence I'll again point out; the Obama administration has no real problem with assault weapons. Obama himself is surrounded by them every day at public appearances, and every soldier sent abroad is armed with them. Further his administration arms rebels in attacks on governments it doesn't like. Finally a recent program from the administration involved selling assault weapons to drug dealers on the border of Mexico and the United States (resulting already in numerous casualties in America, and in Mexico) in was can only be described as an inept attempt to track drug dealers.(Maybe they should try giving away Improved Explosives to terrorists next?). Certainly the administration doesn't worry about whether assault weapons proliferate they are worried about who has access to them, and knows where they live.

Americans should be taking heed that the administration has a very different plan for America than it says it has abroad. Continually America has been funding revolutions, armed and political, abroad, and arming rebels in many instances. Meanwhile at home the humorously undemocratic two party system is making sure such a revolution cannot take place in America regardless of the will of the people. With the American military already conducting training to put down an uprising within America, and the administration targeting the Second Amendment, the reason is clear; America's elite career politicians are worried. They're not doing the will of the people, the people are catching on, and they're doing all they can to hang onto power rather than do the will of the people. The new gun control laws have nothing to do with schools, and everything to do with propping up a failing state.

George Green

NOW YOU DEMOCRATS VOTERS DO NOT FOR GET TO SAY YOUR
PRAYER TONIGHT AND WORSHIP OBAMA AND YOU DEM LEADERS!!!WHEN YOU PRAY, SAY IN THE NAME OF OBAMA I
COME TO YOU GOD!!!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#845484 Jan 23, 2013
fourmoreyears wrote:
The Republicans have four years to find a great Presidential prospect to take office.
They failed the last two times they had 4 years. No dummies Bush couldn't run for a 3rd time so they knew in 2004 they needed a candidate in 2008.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#845485 Jan 23, 2013
Haven't fewer Americans died in war since he took office?
Babe

Orlando, FL

#845487 Jan 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you missed the hearing which was broadcast live on cable news. If you had watched you 'd have heard various references to the classified and other reports aka the sht they aren't going to share with us due to national security and all.
So babe (btw babe is a great screen name) the purpose of these hearings is to inform the American people about the deaths of Andrew Stevens and Sean Smith only because none of CIA is up for discussion.
McCain wanted to know why Hillary didn't debrief the three injured State Department people who by the way weren't even in the same building as the ambassador. Meanwhile, who debriefed the 27 CIA personnel that were also evacuated???
Is Hillary trying to cover up something or not?
carol

United States

#845488 Jan 23, 2013
WAKE UP Democrats wrote:
True motives behind Obama's gun 'control' stance

By George Green
True motives behind Obama's gun 'control' stance. 49164.jpeg

From abroad I must note that when I was last in America I could see the increasingly authoritarian executive branch paying careless disregard to their oath to uphold the Constitution. Thus I am hardly surprised that President Obama, who seems to have to problem arming American soldiers to interfere with the sovereignty of other nations, has decided to again extend executive power, this time to ban and register firearms. The question is whether he's doing this out of care for protecting schools or something else.

Recently there was a tragedy involving a young man killing many school children at Sandy Hook Elementary School, in New Town, Connecticut. This has been used as the so-called 'final straw' requiring unprecedented intervention from the federal government, and explicitly the administrative branch. The strange thing is though, Connecticut itself already had similar laws to the ones prposed including and assault weapons ban. If it didn't work in Connecticut why is the administration proposing it for the whole nation? The chief of police in Newtown was indeed shocked by the firepower the 20 year assailant was packing, but if he didn't obtain it under the laws of Connecticut, how is making it illegal elsewhere going to help?

Criminals and Crazy people will always find a way to create violence; in lieu of assault rifles certainly they'll take up fertilizer and coffee grinders to create bombs as terrorists groups in nations with strict gun laws already have. Yet there's no public outcry to ban gardening. Something else must be compelling Obama, following in the steps of Hitler prior to his seize of power, to go after firearms specifically, and the US amendment that was specifically intended to allow the people to resist the government in an armed struggle by founders who felt that another revolution could one day be necessary. Perhaps Obama isn't worried at all about schools, perhaps he smells revolution in the air.
The great George green?
Who the fk is that, hillbilly?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#845489 Jan 23, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> no loser I asked him what he would call them numbnuts. Why is it you loony libtards can't read?
Illiterate Massey wishes to discuss reading comprehension? Maybe in two or three years he can refer to them as flack's daughter?
Babe

Orlando, FL

#845490 Jan 23, 2013
carol wrote:
It's me.
Surrrrre it is...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#845491 Jan 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Young women or mothers.
You know there was a time when women pregnant out of wedlock were considered a major embarrassment to the family. A scandal to be hidden and covered up. Young ladies were sent to aunts or grandma's till the 'problem' was resolved. Although not all of the reason but most of the blame for this change was the sixties and seventies. Free love. The hippy pipe dream has now become the new reality. Do what you want. No consequences. 54,000,000 babies later.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#845492 Jan 23, 2013
These Union Thugs have to be Depress…. Suffers more losses in four years under Obama than eight years under Bush!!WOW
carol

United States

#845493 Jan 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention that most Republicans were at work on Monday.
You spelled racists wrong, but we understood.
Babe

Orlando, FL

#845494 Jan 23, 2013
JumpingJackFlash wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure he'll interrupt what he's involved in to assuage your deepest fears, and perhaps bring a fine-tooth comb to get that "mechanized dandruff" out of your ever-dwindling pubies! You realize they never sanitize those bowls in "those places," don't you -- in spite of the paper strip they put across it?
I have no idea who you're talking to.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#845495 Jan 23, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> no loser I asked him what he would call them numbnuts. Why is it you loony libtards can't read?
Just to show what a flake you really are, you apparently agreed with Galt, so I asked you, and you replied with stupid. I basically view you as partially retarded with an obvious self esteem problem, one that brags daily about drinking and having a depressed Ex? Her condition should be expected after listening and surrounding herself with the likes of you for a period of time. That would make her the noirmal one.
WhatTheHell

Orlando, FL

#845496 Jan 23, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The lyin' lorac couldn't detect Fat Man with a Geiger counter. The artist currently known as Debil has been my star-crossed lover for over four years...I would never presume to duplicate such an original masterpiece. How do I know that? Well, carol, real women just do.
That figures.
bristol palin

United States

#845497 Jan 23, 2013
AnyoneAnyone wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't believe all women who make a mistake and get pregnant are sluts.

Just baby mamas whose offsprings we have to take care of. But their baby daddys' are sluts too.

You would agree, I'm sure.
I got knocked up by a whigger.
URDebil

Orlando, FL

#845498 Jan 23, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You spelled racists wrong, but we understood.
Yes, carol, we know you understand.
carol

United States

#845499 Jan 23, 2013
Babe wrote:
<quoted text>Surrrrre it is...
I'm real carol and my feelings are important gosh darn it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Dale 182,176
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 50 min Mandela 71,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Religionthebiglie 51,304
Fight at Navy Pier 2 hr joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr positronium 49,362
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 3 hr Tim 146
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr Breezy _Soul 4,797
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?