Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
778,781 - 778,800 of 1,099,840 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#844809 Jan 22, 2013
A supercomputer to map the cosmos

Commercial asteroid hunters announce plans for new robotic exploration fleet

Belgium plans artificial island to store wind power
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#844810 Jan 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you believe in this day and age in the commonwealth of PA you cannot sell a car on a Sunday?
Yet you can rent one. Go figure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#844811 Jan 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your position does not account for state laws legalizing marijuana in defiance of federal law.
and how have the feds been dealing with that?

so busting guns stores for not following federal law will be commonplace. who's going to stop them? the State Police? but oh wait. do they get in the way of busting pot shops? no?

and there ya go.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#844812 Jan 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ending drug prohibition would do more to stop gun violence than anything else the government could do and it would not only not cost no money it would significantly raise revenue if it was taxed like tobacco and alcohol.
I can agree with that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#844813 Jan 22, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's something we'll never know, will we - but you'll obsess over it none-the-less.
There were some great and influential people of color, you've chosen to marginalize them in favor of harping over what might have been. Look up "General Alex Dumas", he might sooth your soul.
Calm down and quit putting words into my mouth.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#844814 Jan 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a time when I would have agreed with you on that point but not anymore, I think privacy was the way to go.
Where is "privacy" mentioned?

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#844815 Jan 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical right whiner calling unmarried mothers sluts.
I have news, better availability of contraceptives might prevent some of those pregnancies that were not planned. You know, like through planned Parenthood or through their health insurance policies - you know, the things you right whiners bitch about 24/7.
I have news,too: even sluts can become biological mothers.

Give them an EBT Card, a First Slut haircut and then the Entitlement Tribe will dance on Pennsylvania Ave.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#844816 Jan 22, 2013
If this poll is a true reflection of how Americans views our country after reelecting Obama than the question becomes are’ Low IQ voter’ a danger to democracy!!
When people say that Barack Obama is the worst president since Jimmy Carter, they’re not kidding; a new Gallup Poll taken between January 7-10 shows that when Americans were asked whether they had a positive view of the country, only 39% agreed!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#844817 Jan 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding.
PA's one fckd up place, I try to avoid it myself.
Try avoiding yourself. You'll do better.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#844818 Jan 22, 2013
flack wrote:
A supercomputer to map the cosmos
Commercial asteroid hunters announce plans for new robotic exploration fleet
Belgium plans artificial island to store wind power
A rightwinger with an affinity for all things scientific, you are quite a conundrum Flackstredomus.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#844819 Jan 22, 2013
"Harvard Prof Says Neanderthal Clones Possible but Experts Doubt It"

Some say such experiments were widely carried out by Nazi scientists during WWII giving birth to the sub-species known as Right Wingus Americanus.

Think about it ... the timing's right, they bred, they bought mobile homes ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#844820 Jan 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ending drug prohibition would do more to stop gun violence than anything else the government could do and it would not only not cost no money it would significantly raise revenue if it was taxed like tobacco and alcohol.
You could be right......making drugs easier to get could help a bunch (sarcasm).

Is fighting 'over' drugs as lethal as fighting 'on' drugs?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#844821 Jan 22, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I can agree with that.
Me too. Look at us, rightwinger/moderate/libertari an all finding common ground, maybe there is still hope.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#844822 Jan 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
"US begins transporting French troops and equipment to Mali; Islamist rebels ..."
We'll never learn.
Don't say "We". That's an insult to the rest of us.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#844823 Jan 22, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, is it post civil rights or post civil war? If you're going to perpetuate a horseshit construct, at least get the time-line straight.
Slavery was instrumental in the development of ALL advanced civilizations, including ours - you know it and I know it. Despicable as it is, slavery freed up great minds to accomplish great things.
It was, as stated, post civil rights. Seems perfectly simple, but I can see that the Mudbuilder of modulars might not get it..."slavery freed up great minds to accomplish great things"??? I still can't believe you said that. Just who accomplished great things by having slaves? Shakespeare? Watt? Edison? Gates? <rolls eyes, shakes head>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#844824 Jan 22, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see about old flacks family values...Wife is nutso..He is proud of being the town drunk...Professess to not having a clue that he is a stone right wing nutcase. Forever fabricating his fame and fortune and implimenting his daughters into his make believe fantasy world. Can a gun and a school be that far off????? Talk about nut cases.
Unlike you (Ghost/Debil), Flack did not murder his wife and child while driving drunk. Or so you have bragged.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#844825 Jan 22, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
In spite of your half-assed statement, drunk drivers kill THOUSANDS of people every year. The single most effective deterrent has been severe penalties for first time offenders. Under Obama, gun crime prosecutions have declined by 17%- not gun crimes, but prosecutions. It's as if Obama likes crooks with guns (Fast and Furious), it helps to push his agenda.
Step away from the bong pally. Under Obama__please be specific, federal or state prosecutions, if you don't know don't waste your time responding eh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#844826 Jan 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical right whiner calling unmarried mothers sluts.
I have news, better availability of contraceptives might prevent some of those pregnancies that were not planned. You know, like through planned Parenthood or through their health insurance policies - you know, the things you right whiners bitch about 24/7.
"Slut" is your word.

My point is simply that women who bear children without a father in the home are on average dooming their children to a life of poverty.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#844827 Jan 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down and quit putting words into my mouth.
I'm as cool as a cucumber. Did I misinterpret where you were going?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#844828 Jan 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and after the utter hot dam fool the Oregon Sheriff made of himself on TV you'd wonder why the others would even bother.
County Sheriffs don't enforce federal laws do they genius? They should be writing letters to the governors of their states__the ones that approve their budgets. ROFLMAO
County sheriffs are typically financed at the county level, not by the state.

If the federal government moved to confiscate guns, federal agents doing so in defiance of local law enforcement would create serious problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 2 min andet1987 4,649
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min LRS 177,347
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 47 min Obama 49,453
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr _Zoey_ 7,745
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr _Zoey_ 296
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 2 hr Unlucky man 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,663
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••