Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#844801 Jan 22, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Lot of sheriffs are writing those letters, even in liberal counties.
Yeah and after the utter hot dam fool the Oregon Sheriff made of himself on TV you'd wonder why the others would even bother.

County Sheriffs don't enforce federal laws do they genius? They should be writing letters to the governors of their states__the ones that approve their budgets. ROFLMAO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#844802 Jan 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That poster was another moron, in most states the car buyer must possess a valid drivers license and proof of insurance, in my state it's illegal to sell or deliver a car to a person who is noticeably mentally impaired.
Maybe gun dealers should be as well regulated as car dealers eh?
In spite of your half-assed statement, drunk drivers kill THOUSANDS of people every year. The single most effective deterrent has been severe penalties for first time offenders. Under Obama, gun crime prosecutions have declined by 17%- not gun crimes, but prosecutions. It's as if Obama likes crooks with guns (Fast and Furious), it helps to push his agenda.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#844803 Jan 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you believe in this day and age in the commonwealth of PA you cannot sell a car on a Sunday?
You're kidding.

PA's one fckd up place, I try to avoid it myself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#844804 Jan 22, 2013
Bibi re-elected as PM of Israel. Lily will be so happy!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#844805 Jan 22, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
In spite of your half-assed statement, drunk drivers kill THOUSANDS of people every year. The single most effective deterrent has been severe penalties for first time offenders. Under Obama, gun crime prosecutions have declined by 17%- not gun crimes, but prosecutions. It's as if Obama likes crooks with guns (Fast and Furious), it helps to push his agenda.
Ending drug prohibition would do more to stop gun violence than anything else the government could do and it would not only not cost no money it would significantly raise revenue if it was taxed like tobacco and alcohol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#844806 Jan 22, 2013
"US begins transporting French troops and equipment to Mali; Islamist rebels ..."

We'll never learn.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#844807 Jan 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding.
Has been even before the Constitution was written. In fact they did everything they could to keep it from be ratified.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#844808 Jan 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>What about all those great minds who were slaves? Maybe it has held the entire world back and only after slavery was abolished did we begin to achieve our greatest accomplishments. You know they used to saw off arms/legs during the Civil War, unthinkable with today's medicines and advances in science.
That's something we'll never know, will we - but you'll obsess over it none-the-less.
There were some great and influential people of color, you've chosen to marginalize them in favor of harping over what might have been. Look up "General Alex Dumas", he might sooth your soul.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#844809 Jan 22, 2013
A supercomputer to map the cosmos

Commercial asteroid hunters announce plans for new robotic exploration fleet

Belgium plans artificial island to store wind power
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#844810 Jan 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you believe in this day and age in the commonwealth of PA you cannot sell a car on a Sunday?
Yet you can rent one. Go figure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#844811 Jan 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your position does not account for state laws legalizing marijuana in defiance of federal law.
and how have the feds been dealing with that?

so busting guns stores for not following federal law will be commonplace. who's going to stop them? the State Police? but oh wait. do they get in the way of busting pot shops? no?

and there ya go.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#844812 Jan 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ending drug prohibition would do more to stop gun violence than anything else the government could do and it would not only not cost no money it would significantly raise revenue if it was taxed like tobacco and alcohol.
I can agree with that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#844813 Jan 22, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's something we'll never know, will we - but you'll obsess over it none-the-less.
There were some great and influential people of color, you've chosen to marginalize them in favor of harping over what might have been. Look up "General Alex Dumas", he might sooth your soul.
Calm down and quit putting words into my mouth.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#844814 Jan 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a time when I would have agreed with you on that point but not anymore, I think privacy was the way to go.
Where is "privacy" mentioned?

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#844815 Jan 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical right whiner calling unmarried mothers sluts.
I have news, better availability of contraceptives might prevent some of those pregnancies that were not planned. You know, like through planned Parenthood or through their health insurance policies - you know, the things you right whiners bitch about 24/7.
I have news,too: even sluts can become biological mothers.

Give them an EBT Card, a First Slut haircut and then the Entitlement Tribe will dance on Pennsylvania Ave.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#844816 Jan 22, 2013
If this poll is a true reflection of how Americans views our country after reelecting Obama than the question becomes are’ Low IQ voter’ a danger to democracy!!
When people say that Barack Obama is the worst president since Jimmy Carter, they’re not kidding; a new Gallup Poll taken between January 7-10 shows that when Americans were asked whether they had a positive view of the country, only 39% agreed!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#844817 Jan 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding.
Try avoiding yourself. You'll do better.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#844818 Jan 22, 2013
flack wrote:
A supercomputer to map the cosmos
Commercial asteroid hunters announce plans for new robotic exploration fleet
Belgium plans artificial island to store wind power
A rightwinger with an affinity for all things scientific, you are quite a conundrum Flackstredomus.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#844819 Jan 22, 2013
"Harvard Prof Says Neanderthal Clones Possible but Experts Doubt It"

Some say such experiments were widely carried out by Nazi scientists during WWII giving birth to the sub-species known as Right Wingus Americanus.

Think about it ... the timing's right, they bred, they bought mobile homes ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#844820 Jan 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be right......making drugs easier to get could help a bunch (sarcasm).

Is fighting 'over' drugs as lethal as fighting 'on' drugs?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 min RACE 4,855
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min OzRitz 48,355
Obama Plays Boss of America...............excel... 17 min John Kass 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 38 min Hatti_Hollerand 691
last post wins! (Apr '13) 44 min Hatti_Hollerand 384
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr The_Box 180,584
comparison 1 hr WW2FromNOW 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr author author 98,673
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:19 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:19PM
What Are Experts Saying About Indianapolis?
NBC Sports 1:18 AM
Colts desperate to crank up rushing game - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus