Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#844479 Jan 22, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain where you got that notion from? Do that and then I will respond. You seem to make a lot of stuff up, so let's see what you've got before I waste my time on you.
Adolf Hitler and Henry Ford. These are not names you usually link together, but they both had a strange mutual understanding and admiration for each other.

It is common knowledge that Ford revolutionized the world of transportation and mass production with his Ford automobile plants that started in the United States and expanded into other parts of the world. What is not as well known is his fervent hatred towards Jewish people (a hatred shared by fellow super-financier J.P. Morgan) and Ford's flagrant financial and political backing of Adolf Hitler.
http://voices.yahoo.com/henry-fords-disturbin...

....Ford emerged as "a respected spokesman for right-wing extremism and religious prejudice,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Ford
Samboca

Pompano Beach, FL

#844480 Jan 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
An anti American traitor, like you. I listened to a caller into Randi Rhodes yesterday who sounded exactly like you, it was totally amazing. Do you all read the same playbook? She tore him apart btw and he was left sputtering and then resorted to the same insults that most rightwing men do on here. What a trip.
Randi Rhodes... Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha...
Lincoln

United States

#844481 Jan 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you don't tell the whole story. Black Americans were already swayed to the Democrat Party by the late 1930s because of the New Deal and the Great Depression. Thousands had already fled the South by the 1960s.
Accusing the Republican Party of being against civil rights based on one Republican who supported the Constitution AND civil rights but believed it to be a states' rights issue instead of the federal government's is just part of the Big Lie and dismisses decades of legislation passed by Republicans precisely to ensure civil rights.
The majorty, if not all, of black Americans had already switched loyalites when big government came on the scene in the 1930s.
That's the problem of why we are where we are today. Not one Republican who has become the liberal's "straw man" to excuse their own sins of the past.
again posting this comforting to republican but flawed yarn

Republicans have become an exclusive club.

You were ready to laugh as liberals as they lost the 2012 presidential election, go back and look at your posts.

Romney-Ryan offered a conservative choice, tried to suppress the vote and lost.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#844482 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>
An anti American traitor, like you. I listened to a caller into Randi Rhodes yesterday who sounded exactly like you, it was totally amazing. Do you all read the same playbook? She tore him apart btw and he was left sputtering and then resorted to the same insults that most rightwing men do on here. What a trip.
Randi Rhodes! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#844483 Jan 22, 2013
This is an important part of my rather lengthy previous post.

The few conservatives who were split at that time based it mostly on the grounds of the pacing and methods used to push civil rights. Barry Goldwater’s opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was on constitutional grounds. Goldwater always supported civil rights measures before and after that time.

So which is worse? Goldwater believing civil rights should be a states' rights issue on Constitutional grounds and supporting civil rights measures - or Robert "KKK" Byrd who became a repentent career politician in the Democrat Party?

I mean, that's what I'm talking about when I say liberals can't seem to figure out which is worse.

It's the same with Nixon who advanced civil rights and affirmative action but voted for busing at a time when tensions were running high in the south.

Or the only two prominent Dixiecrats who left behind the Democrat Party to join Republicans on the issue of integration.

It's a matter of discernment and perspective.

The same two things liberals try so hard to distort.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#844484 Jan 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Adolf Hitler and Henry Ford. These are not names you usually link together, but they both had a strange mutual understanding and admiration for each other.
It is common knowledge that Ford revolutionized the world of transportation and mass production with his Ford automobile plants that started in the United States and expanded into other parts of the world. What is not as well known is his fervent hatred towards Jewish people (a hatred shared by fellow super-financier J.P. Morgan) and Ford's flagrant financial and political backing of Adolf Hitler.
http://voices.yahoo.com/henry-fords-disturbin...
....Ford emerged as "a respected spokesman for right-wing extremism and religious prejudice,"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Ford
Did you know the Model T ran off of corn ethanol not gasoline? He was a progressive and I wouldn't put a lot of stock in Wiki.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#844485 Jan 22, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The mayor of Buffalo N.Y. ordered the American flag flown upside down yesterday. Glad to see the whole state of New York hasn't fallen to the loony left.
Un-American Pinocchio hypocrite say what?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#844486 Jan 22, 2013
After first distancing himself from the new legislative lines the Virginia Senate GOP forced through Monday, Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) condemned his party’s political gamesmanship Tuesday.

“I certainly don’t think that’s a good way to do business,” McDonnell told reporters in Richmond, according to the Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star.

Republicans took advantage of the absence of a Democratic state senator (and civil rights leader) to push their surprise legislative redistricting through what is usually an evenly divided state Senate. State Sen. Henry Marsh’s (D) trip to the inauguration of President Obama briefly made the Senate makeup 20-19 in favor of the GOP, letting Republicans launch their surprise attack.

In a statement to TPM Monday night, McDonnell’s office distanced itself from the move. The governor has put forward an ambitious legislative agenda for his final year in office, and Democrats say the state Senate GOP action Monday puts McDonnell’s plans in jeopardy.

McDonnell appears to want none of the state Senate GOP move.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/bo...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#844487 Jan 22, 2013
The best news this morning is the Clock has started on Obama second term!! The problem is four more years of the same!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#844488 Jan 22, 2013
carol wrote:
This is an important part of my rather lengthy previous post.
The few conservatives who were split at that time based it mostly on the grounds of the pacing and methods used to push civil rights. Barry Goldwater’s opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was on constitutional grounds. Goldwater always supported civil rights measures before and after that time.
So which is worse? Goldwater believing civil rights should be a states' rights issue on Constitutional grounds and supporting civil rights measures - or Robert "KKK" Byrd who became a repentent career politician in the Democrat Party?
I mean, that's what I'm talking about when I say liberals can't seem to figure out which is worse.
It's the same with Nixon who advanced civil rights and affirmative action but voted for busing at a time when tensions were running high in the south.
Or the only two prominent Dixiecrats who left behind the Democrat Party to join Republicans on the issue of integration.
It's a matter of discernment and perspective.
The same two things liberals try so hard to distort.
The American people revealed great maturity by overwhelmingly rejecting a presidential candidate who had become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression. The voters of our nation rendered a telling blow to the radical right. They defeated those elements in our society which seek to pit white against Negro and lead the nation down a dangerous Fascist path.

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/...

no distortion.

why are you wasting our time?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#844489 Jan 22, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yep. The Bushes are all one world order people. You didn't know this?
oh sure.

Bush-Nazi Link Confirmed

Documents in National Archives Prove
George W. Bush's Grandfather Traded
with Nazis - Even After Pearl Harbor

http://rense.com/general42/bshnazi.htm

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#844490 Jan 22, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The mayor of Buffalo N.Y. ordered the American flag flown upside down yesterday. Glad to see the whole state of New York hasn't fallen to the loony left.
We now know where you get your information.

When a blogger on a far right website starts out " If this is true", it likely should be investigated further.

Me, I'll wait until I read it on reputable site.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#844491 Jan 22, 2013
Funny how the phony teacher missed the most important descriptive definition of flexible;

----
""characterized by a ready capability to adapt to new, different, or changing requirements <a flexible foreign policy> <a flexible schedule>""

----------

I know you're too piggish to comprehend, but what Obama so obviously meant was that he would not have the Congressional Republiclowns nipping at his heels on foreign policy after he won re-election.

But you're too vlindingly ignorant to understand any of it.

You let your inner racist speak for you.

You're disgusting.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a lot of nerve calling me the nitwit after that post.
Flex-i-ble: adj. 1. Capable of being bent or flexed; pliable.
b. Capable of being bent repeatedly without injury or damage.
2. Susceptible to influence or persuasion. 3. Fooled easily.
I added the last one just to prove a point and it fit so nicely with the others.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#844492 Jan 22, 2013
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.— The New Mexico teenager accused of fatally shooting his parents and three younger siblings told authorities he was annoyed with his mother and had been having homicidal and suicidal thoughts, according to a probable cause statement.

The teen allegedly told the detective that he took a .22-caliber rifle from his parents' closet around midnight Saturday and shot his mother in the head while his younger brother slept next to her.

Griego told the detective that his brother did not believe him that their mother was dead so he showed his mother's bloody face to his brother and then shot him, according to the statement.

He's accused of then shooting his two young sisters in their room. He retrieved an AR-15 rifle from his parents' closet and waited in a downstairs bathroom for his father to come home. The statement said he shot his father multiple times after he passed the bathroom doorway.

The teen said he reloaded the guns so "he could drive to a populated area to murder more people," according to the statement. His plan, the statement said, was to "shoot people at random and eventually be killed while exchanging gunfire with law enforcement."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/nehe...
Proud RIGHT Winger

Woodbridge, VA

#844493 Jan 22, 2013
dem wrote:
I just love a fat juicy dick
"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." (Leviticus 20:13).

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion.‘Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you." (Leviticus 18:22-24).
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#844494 Jan 22, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Did you know the Model T ran off of corn ethanol not gasoline? He was a progressive and I wouldn't put a lot of stock in Wiki.
great reply. you really put it to me this time. i'll never again question your grasp of historical facts. you are the man.

you peeps are a real hoot.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#844495 Jan 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The American people revealed great maturity by overwhelmingly rejecting a presidential candidate who had become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression. The voters of our nation rendered a telling blow to the radical right. They defeated those elements in our society which seek to pit white against Negro and lead the nation down a dangerous Fascist path.
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/...
no distortion.
why are you wasting our time?
Perhaps Carol should go on a mission to educate black people about the Civil Rights movement and recruit them back into the Republican fold!!! Let's buy her a ticket to Harlem!
carol

Orlando, FL

#844496 Jan 22, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>When "family values" is used to keep civil rights such as marriage and voting and education from parts of the populace, they are. BTW, just how much does your marriage need to be defended from GLTB community?
Americans as a people are fairly free from racial prejudice. This is certainly true when Americans are compared to people living in the rest of the world. But you would never know that, and certainly wouldn't believe it, if all your information came from American television.

There are few real racists in our country, relatively speaking. They are considered wackos, out of mainstream thought and belief. We Americans believe that all men are created equal. Christians are commanded to love one another as brothers. The only way we can reunite this nation is through brotherly love.

And that is exactly why the Democrats are raising the specter of racism in this political race. The only way they can gain political power is through exploiting social division. Right now the Democrats and the mainstream media are vigorously conducting a broad-spectrum campaign of racial division across America.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/the_ob...

Almost sounds like a Democrat version of the "Southern Strategy", doesn't it? Keep racial friction front and center even if it's the Big Lie and divides the country just for political gain?

The beat goes on...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#844497 Jan 22, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you just love the "Carl Marks" reference from Tobaccospit, N. C.? There's a myriad of things wrong with these Grumpy Old Pricks (and yes, carol, that includes you), but the thing that's killing our resident bullying bigots is that a bunch of (to use their language) c*nts, spics, n*ggers, and que*rs kicked their saggy old azzes twice in a row and their party's as dead as Osama bin Laden.
thought this might bear repeating as the Gormless Old Pervs can't seem to figure out that the lost--let alone why.
Samboca

Pompano Beach, FL

#844498 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Perhaps Carol should go on a mission to educate black people about the Civil Rights movement and recruit them back into the Republican fold!!! Let's buy her a ticket to Harlem!
lily loves the race card

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min southern Illinois... 50,039
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Earthling-1 47,005
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 47 min JOEL 69,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 47 min Mandela 68,560
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 178,586
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 98,345
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr RACE 639
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]