Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236512 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#844667 Jan 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
In light of recent events I feel I need to make a public statement of my views on this subject. As the Sheriff of Collin County, Texas, I have for the past 28 years served to protect and keep safe all citizens of our county, recognizing the trust placed in me with this profoundly important responsibility.
Unfortunately, the recent surge in the numbers of innocent victims who have died at the hands of unstable criminals has prompted politicians in Washington to seek to pass laws that would seriously erode the constitutional rights of innocent and law abiding citizens.
Neither I, nor any of my deputies, will participate in the enforcement of laws that violate our precious constitutional rights, including our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
As long as I remain Sheriff of Collin County, I will not participate in the actions of misguided politicians who seek to impede our citizenís right to all of the privileges afforded by our Constitution.
Respectfully,
Terry G. Box
Sheriff, Collin County Texas
Idiots like him are pretty much what you fanatical rightwing cowboys have become...A pack of paranoid, fear mongoring, gun totting, draft dodging wimps. All you programmed gun powder brains are obsessed fanatical killers waiting for something bad to happen and more than not it happens to a family member.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#844668 Jan 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Loving our country
Even when the other guy wins
These days we are hearing from some on the Right distressing parallels to emotions expressed on the Left after George W. Bushís re-election victory in 2004. In each case, those upset see these national referenda as indicating the corruption and sinfulness of the American body politic ó and weaknesses within the very American system.
....Of course, itís also possible that these elections featured two candidates, one of whom got a few million more votes than the other guy ó in a country thatís fairly evenly divided ideologically, and has been for decades.
No matter. It appears that, for many people, love of country has become conditional. So long as the country is on the course they choose, theyíre full of joy in its traditions and ceremonies, and happy to pay respects to its officers and to ruminate on its remarkable progress over the centuries.
When things donít go their way, the ceremonies are meaningless, the traditions are empty; the nationís officers deserve no respect, and it is only making progress toward evil.
Which raises an interesting question: If love of country is conditional in this way, is it love of country ó or really love of self substituting for love of country?
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
Let me just go on the record here if I may, Homer has always loved this country equally no matter who-the-fck was/is president and always will.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#844669 Jan 22, 2013
carol wrote:
None of that is me. That's just debil making fools of you all again. You get what you deserve.
How do we know you're not the debil?
Nuculur obamabortion

Pompano Beach, FL

#844670 Jan 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
After getting his sorry ass handed to him with his ignorance concerning American Capitalists support for Hitler, Waxturd falls back on his usual subhuman ignorance.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
<quoted text>
lowlifeobamafoodstamplickerfor sure say what? LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#844671 Jan 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a typo, should have been 1970.
Since you are talking about legitimate births, the gap between white women & Black women has been shrinking. It was 7 times higher now its less than double.
Whites are imitating blacks, a most unfortunate occurrence and an indication of a national decline in moral values.

If you leftwingers cared in the slightest about the black community, you would understand that the destruction of the family unit is the primary reason for lack of any progress. Families need fathers, not Obamaphones.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#844672 Jan 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Debil or Ghost or whatever...it's all the same racist scumbag.
Now Mr. hypocrite you are on a subject that cowardly idiots like you "OWN". SCUMBAGS.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#844673 Jan 22, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes
Ok. We're actually getting somewhere.

The question was, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

The answer suggested is "taxes"?

Who's going to pay those taxes?

You actually have to identify a source of money to answer the question.

Who's going to pay the taxes to pay for Obama's government?
carol

Orlando, FL

#844674 Jan 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Debil or Ghost or whatever...it's all the same racist scumbag.
Frankly I neither know nor care anymore. I'm simply doing what I think is right and beyond that, he or they can do what they please.
carol

Orlando, FL

#844675 Jan 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>How do we know you're not the debil?
Is this a trick question?
carol

Orlando, FL

#844676 Jan 22, 2013
This is not me.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#844677 Jan 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Are you running away from your original, stupid post??
I thought so.
I'm waiting for you to tell us how Beyonce lip synching affects our nation in any way, shape, or form.
It'd fit right in with your ignorance in defending the Republiclown Party for positions they haven't held in almost 50 years.
Or will you double down on your stupidity and maintain that yours isn't a party of racists and haters, in spite of massive evidence to the contrary??
<quoted text>
Don't run away, dufus. We're actually getting somewhere on where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government.
Here's an answer you were too ignorant to come up with:

Well....?
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#844678 Jan 22, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes
Make the doctors studying african ball washing give back the money before you take anymore of my money!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#844679 Jan 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>How do we know you're not the debil?
Easy one Homer, the debil would have to be smarter than Carol.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#844680 Jan 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Roe v. Wade was a bad decision, even if one supports the right to choose.
There was a time when I would have agreed with you on that point but not anymore, I think privacy was the way to go.
carol

Orlando, FL

#844681 Jan 22, 2013
Wait... that's not me, not "this" is not me. Tomato/tomato...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#844682 Jan 22, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiots like him are pretty much what you fanatical rightwing cowboys have become...A pack of paranoid, fear mongoring, gun totting, draft dodging wimps. All you programmed gun powder brains are obsessed fanatical killers waiting for something bad to happen and more than not it happens to a family member.
Ok....

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Got an answer for that one? If you can't answer that question, the government collapses and the existence of the United States ends.

.... unless, the answer is money will start growing on trees.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#844683 Jan 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly I neither know nor care anymore. I'm simply doing what I think is right and beyond that, he or they can do what they please.
And all the while screening the facts and reality away.
carol

Orlando, FL

#844684 Jan 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. We're actually getting somewhere.
Oh, hi, DB, I see the little people let you go at last. Did you get their oil? Oh my! Sometimes I amuse myself!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#844686 Jan 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I wonder what her daughter thinks! Let us hope that the young people, the offspring of these racists break away from the cycle of hate. The future is our young people and racism is a learned behavior.
What's happening to King's message is part of a larger trend in American history: a deliberate attempt to "misremember" race, says Branch, the civil rights author.
"That is the temptation of American history, to say we don't need to deal with race anymore. We misremembered the Civil War for a 100 years, thinking that it had nothing to do with slavery and that the glorious old wonderful South was like 'Gone with the Wind,' " Branch says.
What Branch calls "misremembering" others call recapturing King's conservative legacy.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/mlk-conserva... []
fortunately for society you are squirreled away on topix 24/7 and not out teaching your brand of racism, redistribution and "social justice" (of course, for everyone who lives outside of 666 Ostentatious Lane, Boca Raton---c/strees Pretentious Drive & Hypocrite Way).
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#844689 Jan 22, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Ten "brilliant" judge-its for this dumbass post? Is there any doubt who Jimmy really is?
If we all give a thumb's up will you finally jump off a cliff?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St Xavier Sex Scandal 27 min Sandy 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 53,604
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr FastandFurious 189,897
abby 6-2 3 hr Kuuipo 17
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 5 hr Magic Utah Uwear 55
amy 6-2 5 hr tiredofit 20
Crime161 murders in 151 days in Chicago - 46 in... 10 hr Jeff Davis 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]