Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
777,381 - 777,400 of 1,100,620 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#843189 Jan 20, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of bullshit. What an ignorant assertion.
So you are suggesting that Obama is the best person qualified to manage foreign policy and not the people on site? That's a surprise.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#843190 Jan 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the debt ceiling was one.
I notice most of the crisis' so far are those manufactured by cons!
Hey, Jerk, He said "Obama has yet to *face* a real crisis as President."

The Boy Messiah hasn't faced it yet and refuses to do so in the future. Denial is common Liberal response to crisis. Especially those that are self-inflicted.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#843191 Jan 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Nuts to you, my friend!
http://www.unbecominglevity.com/2008/11/10/he...
Hear Hear or Here Here?
Posted on November 10, 2008 by Abacquer
So today I found myself agreeing with someone online and went to type “hear hear” but then remembered seeing someone else type “here here” a couple days earlier.
I was pretty sure the correct phrase was “hear hear” as opposed to the other variants I'd seen (“here here”,“hear here”,“here hear”) but I'd never actually looked it up. So I decided to check popular internet usage using Google:
“hear hear”= 1,740,000 hits
“here here”= 3,880,000 hits
“hear here”= 307,000 hits
“here hear”= 334,000 hits
Well dang. According to popular usage twice as many people say “here here” than say “hear hear”. But is that correct? Wikipedia says no:
Hear hear (Wikipedia):
…Hear, hear is an expression used as a short repeated form of hear ye and hear him. It represents a listener's agreement with the point being made by a speaker.
It was originally an imperative for directing attention to speakers, and has since been used, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, as “the regular form of cheering in the House of Commons”, with many purposes depending on the intonation of its user. It is often incorrectly spelled “here here”, especially on websites…
A quick double check of OneLook Dictionary Search confirms this. Six dictionaries list “hear hear” and only one lists “here here”(and that one happens to be the wiki article above.)
Popular usage drives the movement of meaning, though, so at some point in the future “here here” may end up being the correct phrase if we don't do something about it.
So if you want to avoid yet another English colloquialism that will have your great grandchildren scratching their heads and saying “WTF?”(or whatever kids will be saying in those days) then type “hear hear” at every opportunity.
Hear! Hear!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#843192 Jan 20, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are suggesting that Obama is the best person qualified to manage foreign policy and not the people on site? That's a surprise.
Hey Old Raider, I see you pick out the dumbest of the dumb and attempt to restore sanity, unfortunatly after a rightie is programmed, it's forever. There is no amount of facts or reality allowed to enter that hollow log....EVER. But I admire your efforts.
carol

Orlando, FL

#843193 Jan 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol,I guess to a dumbass like you, employment at 7.7% on its way to 10.2 is the same as a 7.7% on its way down.
This is what I love about you dumbass right whiners.
We lost 750,000 jobs in January of 2009. I guess to you, Obama should have made that zero in the following month.
The fact is that in the ten months it look to end those job losses, the rate went to 10.2%. But hey, you people are blaming Obama for these loses when they belong to the Bush recession.
When will you right whiners learn what the new jobless claims number means.
You & Jeffy really need to become better informed instead regurgitating the talking heads on Fox & Conservative Talk Radio.
BTW, those weekly claims number were over 650K when your hero George W Bush left office.
My God you people are stupid.
The economic recovery has been crawling along at a snail's pace.

Obama's priority was not to let a good crisis go to waste and took two years putting Obamacare first rather than job creation and economic growth.

It was Obamacare that brought job creation and economic growth to
a screeching halt.

It's only going to get worse next year.
dem

Chicago, IL

#843194 Jan 20, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I can only assume your daughter calls you Dad or Pops?
Or brother.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#843195 Jan 20, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Old Raider, I see you pick out the dumbest of the dumb and attempt to restore sanity, unfortunatly after a rightie is programmed, it's forever. There is no amount of facts or reality allowed to enter that hollow log....EVER. But I admire your efforts.
I'm going to keep him chasing his tail as a public service. If he's sitting at a computer he's not out making someone else's life miserable. And, hopefully the folks on the right with half a brain can see how bizarre their logic looks when old waxturd puts it out there.
just sick

Orlando, FL

#843196 Jan 20, 2013
cant believe we commoners have to suffer with four more years of this crap. four more years of no jobs, more taxes, no hope...who voted for this? thats right, the people who dont pay taxes or have a job. Eventually, people who work and support those that dont will get tired of this.
carol

Orlando, FL

#843197 Jan 20, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Obama is only the second President to recieve the "Oath of Office" four times!!
The other was FDR!!
How cool is that!!
(Well, not for the nitwits!)
Is that because he stumbled over the words the first time?

In 2008, that seemed like an omen to some of us.

Wonder how many presidents have done that before?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#843198 Jan 20, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Funny how you have to go into ancient history, namely 1868, to find a time when Republiclowns weren't racists.
Nuculur… No how about the 60s, LBJ Civil Rights Legislation supported by Republicans, Oppose by Democrats!!
1964 Civil Rights Act was passed by 73/27 vote 21 Democrats and 6 Republicans voting against it!! Again Republicans supported 90% of black legislation while 80% Liberals/Democrats oppose it!
dem entia

Pompano Beach, FL

#843199 Jan 20, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Or brother.
lowlifebottomfeederobamaworshi ppingghettodwellerfckfaceforsu re say what? LOL
carol

Orlando, FL

#843200 Jan 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
The f r e d 's 10,000 posts were wrong?:-)
We'll probably never know. No one is allowed to see his college records.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#843201 Jan 20, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to keep him chasing his tail as a public service. If he's sitting at a computer he's not out making someone else's life miserable. And, hopefully the folks on the right with half a brain can see how bizarre their logic looks when old waxturd puts it out there.
Yep, old Waxtard is quite the spokesman. He is living proof that there is no cure for stupid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#843202 Jan 20, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuculur… No how about the 60s, LBJ Civil Rights Legislation supported by Republicans, Oppose by Democrats!!
1964 Civil Rights Act was passed by 73/27 vote 21 Democrats and 6 Republicans voting against it!! Again Republicans supported 90% of black legislation while 80% Liberals/Democrats oppose it!
You right whiners are such f*cking idiots.

Congressmen & Senators from the South were all against while those not in the South were for it.

It was regional you dumbass.

My God right whiners are dumb.
dem

Bronx, NY

#843203 Jan 20, 2013
dem entia wrote:
<quoted text> lowlifebottomfeederobamaworshi ppingghettodwellerfckfaceforsu re say what? LOL
i'm so proud of obama

he will give pedophiles like me the same rights as gheys

you knew i was ghey right?

all I do is fantasize about pedophilia and tonguing ballz
carol

Orlando, FL

#843204 Jan 20, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
The 'silly nitwit' is YOU.
Today the President is inaugurated for his Second Term. He won re-election. The economy is improving. Obamacare is the Law of the Land.
The Republiclown House has agreed with OBama and voted to increase taxes on the wealthy.
The Republiclown House has agreed to push the debt ceiling fight off for a few months.
Obama is winning on all counts.
That's what really bothers you, eh silly nitwit??
I thought as much.
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that House Republicans may be giving President Obama everything he wants to give him enough rope to hang himself by his own policies?

If everything goes south, all Republicans have to say is we did what Obama and apparently the majority of Americans wanted us to do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dem

Bronx, NY

#843205 Jan 20, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Or brother.
hows your pitbull of a wife doing mutt?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#843206 Jan 20, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The economic recovery has been crawling along at a snail's pace.
Obama's priority was not to let a good crisis go to waste and took two years putting Obamacare first rather than job creation and economic growth.
It was Obamacare that brought job creation and economic growth to
a screeching halt.
It's only going to get worse next year.
Oh please, Get informed.

The stimulus was done before the ACA was started.

Republicans brought the recovery to halt.
dem

Bronx, NY

#843207 Jan 20, 2013
for those that dont know i am the resident pedophile on this forum

obama wants pedophiles like me to have the same rights as gheys

the democrat party is made up of pedophiles, traitors, treasonous americans and sharia law loving muslims
Interested

Cowdenbeath, UK

#843208 Jan 20, 2013
he is wonderful

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Deserve 49,537
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr Retired SOF 45
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,412
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,658
who here likes pooping themself either in a dia... 2 hr poopforluck 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,380
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr J RULES 68,997
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE