Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,864)

Showing posts 777,261 - 777,280 of1,033,699
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Liberals here’s a new call to Action: Robber Beats Clerk with Hammers!! Liberals/Democrats will your next step be to put a Warning Label on all Hammers “Warning if in properly used could cause Injury or Death!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur obamabortion wrote:
<quoted text> lily says you should "gfy". LOL
WAXTURDS says you're him.

Round and round and round the bowl you go.

Spell ridiculous for the forum, "TURDS".
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
What bothers me the most is this president's connections - both past and present.
Rev. Wright
ACORN
SEIU
Communist Czars/communist sympathizers as advisors
Marxist professors as "friends"
The list goes on, but shouldn't at least 2 out of the 5 raise an eyebrow or two?
We're talking about the President of the United States of America having close affiliations with shady, corrupt and/or controversial people and organizations.
Surely, even some here on the left aren't that far on the fringe. I hope.
Get lost birfer, no one cares. You are sick in the head, go get psychiatric help.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall EADS being given a contract to build aerial refueling aircraft.
Foreign countries bid on our military contracts all the time.
And they took the bid back, put it up for bid, and Boeing won it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Moochelle Obama could have probably recommended another, more lavish place--world traveler on the taxpayers' dime that she is. Maybe that resort in Spain could have hosted the strategy sessions. Or the expensive Vail ski trip location.
Are you that stupid? The Republican party meets at a former plantation to discuss outreach to minorities?
Can any of you fools read?
Go make another meatball
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

In an effort to touch on all four of those elements, the president recommended requiring criminal background checks for all gun sales; reinstating the assault weapons ban; restoring a 10-round limit on ammunition magazines; eliminating armor-piercing bullets; providing mental health services in schools; allocating funds to hire more police officers; and instituting a federal gun trafficking statute, among other policies. The cost of the package, senior officials estimated, would be roughly $500 million, some of which could come from already budgeted funds.

Because these recommendations require congressional approval, the administration is supplementing its proposal with 23 executive actions that will be taken immediately. Those actions include requiring federal agencies to hand over relevant data for a background check system; providing law enforcement officials, first responders and school officials with better training for active shooting situations; directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence; and many more.

"I intend to use whatever weight this office holds to make them a reality," said the president, speaking about his full set of recommendations. "If there's even one life that can be saved, then we've got an obligation to try."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/obam...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that. He has to do something. But demonizing the opposition isn't the right way to win friends and influence people.
So why do cons do it all the time, son?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>i dont' recall you commenting on hospitals not delivery babies anymore because of ObamaCare.
'All of the mayhem mentioned so far is only on the provider side of the equation; it doesn’t take into account the consequences such a loss will have on the population. It isn’t difficult to work out how a shortage of obstetricians might affect the public. Just look at Canada which has a shortage of care similar to what we’re about to experience. It is not unheard of for Canadian women in labor to travel, sometimes for hundreds of miles, by air, to find a hospital in which to have a baby.
Windber Hospital is not the first hospital in America to see such defections. They will not be the last. And this is only the beginning. Obstetricians will not be the only category of physician to leave the medical field. Shortages of available doctors, in every field, are predicted nationwide.
It is not uncommon for liberals to mandate actions that wind up hurting everyone. Their justification is always “I meant well.” The likes of John Edwards, who made millions channeling infants’ complaints while pursuing obstetrical lawsuits and other Democrat supporters of the Trial Lawyers Association made certain that tort reform was never tackled as a means to curb health care costs. Lawsuits are the primary cause of towering physician fees and are large contributors to escalating insurance rates.
Instead, liberals have gone out of their way to level the playing field in such a way that many doctors will no longer be able to practice at all. What good is Obamacare “coverage” if there aren’t enough doctors to provide care? For anyone? One wonders how liberals will break it to their base that they might be required to stop having children someday soon.'
Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/01/you-may-n...
Malpractice lawsuits have no affect upon the cost of healthcare. That's a lie. If anything it amounts to 1/2 of 1%.
Canada is a large country, and living in rural areas requires people to travel to more populous areas to go to hospital. Nothing new there dummy.
There are midwives who can deliver babies just as well as any doctor in a hospital.
You're an idiot Jane, face it.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Get lost birfer, no one cares. You are sick in the head, go get psychiatric help.
Sheesh, are they still going on about this stuff?
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Another etch-a-sketch Republican, or did you have a lobotomy?
I 'evolved' like obama
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
What bothers me the most is this president's connections - both past and present.
Rev. Wright
ACORN
SEIU
Communist Czars/communist sympathizers as advisors
Marxist professors as "friends"
The list goes on, but shouldn't at least 2 out of the 5 raise an eyebrow or two?
We're talking about the President of the United States of America having close affiliations with shady, corrupt and/or controversial people and organizations.
Surely, even some here on the left aren't that far on the fringe. I hope.
so only 8% of us might care about any of that birther BS.

ever get the feeling you're pretty much talking to yourself?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that. He has to do something. But demonizing the opposition isn't the right way to win friends and influence people.
Demonizing? You're insane.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Dumb carol is funny.
He won the election by pointing out what a lying prick Romney is.
Carol hated it when all her candidates were tossed by the wayside because none of them could tell the truth with the one exception most of the Republican candidates called Romney a liar, some right to his face.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
carol is still in campaign mode.
She thinks her 'fox' tales are still relevant.
No kidding! Think it's hardening of the arteries?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>Sheesh, are they still going on about this stuff?
Next thing it will back to the Black Panthers coming to take their dyks, ooops! guns, away!!!
Not SurpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
WAXTURDS says you're him.
Round and round and round the bowl you go.
Spell ridiculous for the forum, "TURDS".
Not SurpriZed rejected woman fury #1 LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
Hey tea bag fktards, did you know Columbine high school had an armed guard?
Was he killed?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

The Senate’s No. 2 Republican is walking back his threat to use the debt ceiling and other fiscal deadlines to force President Obama to accede to deep spending cuts.

“We will raise the debt ceiling. We’re not going to default on our debt,” Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn (R-TX) said in an interview with the Houston Chronicle editorial board published Thursday.“I will tell you unequivocally, we’re not going to default.”

That’s a dramatic change in tone from just two weeks ago, when Cornyn wrote an op-ed in the Houston Chronicle pointedly threatening not to raise the debt limit or fund the government unless Obama agrees to scale back Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

....The shift comes amid a dramatic sea change in elite conservative and GOP opinion about the need to raise the debt ceiling by early March or default on the country’s obligations. With President Obama and Democrats holding firm in their refusal to make any concessions, Republican leaders and influential conservatives increasingly see their posture as infeasible, if not dangerous to their party’s viability.

At the House GOP’s annual retreat this week, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) was urging members to “recognize the realities” of divided government.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/jo...

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And they took the bid back, put it up for bid, and Boeing won it.
I think you are referring to the latest bid,. EADS had won that contract in the past.

The problem is that we want to bid on military contracts for other countries. We can say no to bidding on ours if we want to bid on theirs.

We have had secrets leak from foreign manufacturers in the past. I recall something about night vision technology a few years back.

If I were a corporation looking to suckle big bucks from the military, I would get set up to be able to say feed & house our soldiers in a foreign country (Iraq?) & then get my CEO elected VP so he could start that war & put that out to bid. Heck, I'd be the only bidder! Then my subsidiary could cut corners & electrocute a few soldiers.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Firearms instructor’ hired as school guard leaves handgun in student bathroom

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/18/newly-h...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 777,261 - 777,280 of1,033,699
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min CDC 47,055
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Poppo 167,532
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 25 min Sublime1 96,093
Amy 4-18 33 min j_m_w 26
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 35 min Eric 65,113
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,188
Abby 4-17 1 hr Mister Tonka 44
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••