Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
777,121 - 777,140 of 1,096,587 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> There is no right to vote for president per the SCOTUS. Libtards are SO stupid!!!
Oh brother
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
Im sewwww gay !
I skinned more roots than a wagon wheel!
Some republican thought this was brilliant, interesting and agreed! Republicans? This is your constituency.

Look at the last 50 posts, all sick nonsense. Not one of you has a brain

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh brother
Stay ignorant. It's all you got.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what has he turned around?
Has the recession really ended? Not according to many economist, actually they say we are entering another one. More people than ever live in poverty and more on foodstamps than ever.
The job losses ended? Only if you believe the numbers that leave out underemployed and those that gave up and not on unemployment any longer.
The country is looking at default, well, unless the obama can use threats and scare tactics to push for higher debt ceilings.
And now obama is having to face a global financial problem.
And much of obamas recent upbeat data is misleading. The government took $2.33 of new debt to produce $1.00 of economic activity [GDP]. Whatever happened to the Keynesian theory that every government stimulus dollar produces $2-$3 of economic activity?
But I can see your point of not wanting to blame obama, I mean so far he has been impotent.
Jeff, you're just buying propaganda. For instance you refer to the U6 unemployment rate which has been dropping faster than the "official" U3 rate. The U6 is down 2.7% from its 17.1% peak while the U3 dropped 2.2% from its peak of 10%.

Don't take Fox's or anybody else's word for it, check it out for yourself:

http://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cpsatab15.h...
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.ht...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not the Bush plan....
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...
if only the deficit was only about spending.
don't tell you that stuff on FOX? like how tax revenues are the lowest in 60 years?
Their handlers can't afford to divorce debt or deficit from spending, it wrecks their whole narrative.
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Pastor Bob wrote:
My sermon this Sunday will be "how Obama brought liquor to our little town and how the Devil will ride in on its coat tails!"
So wait, is Obama the antichrist which in christian terms would be the devil in the flesh, liken to Jesus being God in the flesh, or is he just another sinister prophet. If he's the antichrist as the insain believes, would the devil be riding in on his coat tails or would he actually be his chauffeur? Just wondering! Looney Tunes! Which character would you be?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

LooTER SHooTER wrote:
Really, I'm dead! Can anybody read me?
Nope, try typing louder.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I get it, you hear it from your source its fact, I get it from my source its propaganda. How liberal of you. I didn't get it from Fox, although I am sure listening to msnbc as you do makes you giddy. You need to quit listening to the spin. Real unemployment is much higher. Your sources do not take in seasonally adjusted, or long term discouraged workers, or part timers. BUt I am wasting my typing, you will believe your "propaganda" to the death.
Clearly you didn't even look at the source, its the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the same place your "sources" get their numbers. I gave you an opportunity to look for yourself and you just choose to stick with people who lie to you and you believe them only because their lies tell you what you want to hear.

Here's one more chance to do some thinking for yourself:

http://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cpsatab15.h...

Notice you have the choice between seasonally adjusted and not seasonally adjusted.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and heaven forbid the government fudge the numbers. Its never happened before has it? We can both laugh now.
Pearls before swine.

Stay stupid.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Erick Erickson:

The NRA has become the definition of a phony boogie man. The left can use the NRA as a foil while more and more conservatives realize it more and more rests on its laurels and Charlton Hestonís memory while working as hard as possible to be a bipartisan organization.

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2012/04/23/the-...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what has he turned around?
Has the recession really ended? Not according to many economist, actually they say we are entering another one. More people than ever live in poverty and more on foodstamps than ever.
The job losses ended? Only if you believe the numbers that leave out underemployed and those that gave up and not on unemployment any longer.
The country is looking at default, well, unless the obama can use threats and scare tactics to push for higher debt ceilings.
And now obama is having to face a global financial problem.
And much of obamas recent upbeat data is misleading. The government took $2.33 of new debt to produce $1.00 of economic activity [GDP]. Whatever happened to the Keynesian theory that every government stimulus dollar produces $2-$3 of economic activity?
But I can see your point of not wanting to blame obama, I mean so far he has been impotent.
Jeffy, quit being a total idiot.

A recession has a definition. Look it up sometimes.

And really the unemployment rate is calculated the same way it has been.

And of course to a right whiner dumbass, the government numbers are all lies. Wow.

ReaganWasRight

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

I laugh when I see Obama/Biden stickers on their cars.
ITS LIKE THEY ARE TELLING EVERYONE THAT THERE IS AN IDIOT BEHIND THE WHEEL !
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the same thing.
Sure it is!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave yourself ten brilliants for this one waxturd??? Set the bar a little higher.
Hardly anyone hunts with a hand gun, not me. Mine are locked in a safe, I'd hardly miss them if they were banned. What's your point?
The real hypocrisy is your frantic defense of guns and your hate for their use as hunting weapons. It appears you believe guns are okay as long as they are used to kill people.
What a moron.
Bzzzzzzz.... Bogus answer - I'll ask again Weasel:

When did I ever say "guns are okay as long as they are used to kill people." - provide the link, liar.

Lying Weasel

Lying Weasel

Lying Weasel

Lying Weasel

Simple question.

Show me my post to back up your lie...

Simple.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The weak recovery is a fact, not an opinion.
Yes it is. But it still has nothing to do with your opinion on the matter.

One could also say Obama's reelection was due to GOP incompetence, especially in the House! And with Boehner and his boys reeling, I'd have to say that's be born out!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and heaven forbid the government fudge the numbers. Its never happened before has it? We can both laugh now.
heaven forbid a right wing blog/FOX would fudge the numbers.

happens all the time.

still laughing?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry ,racism and hatred are far more advanced sign of ignorance than is spelling. Actually spelling has absolutly nothing to do with ones intelligence, a number of the smartest people in the world were terrible spellers, including Einstein, F.D.R, Kennedy and a host of others. So as always old Galt is wrong and clueless once again. Maybe we should simply pity the fool...
lol! Absolutely! Einstein wasn't great at spelling, but obviously he could communicate his ideas and theories!

People like Galt make two disparate claims, and somehow you're supposed to intrinsically know how they fit together.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
The big lie is congress writes laws. The truth is lobbyist write the majority of our laws, and the joke is on us. There are almost 26 lobbyist for every congressman, and with the money and power they represent, we the people don't stand a chance.
lol! Curious, isn't it? Especially when cons claim they're an "independent" bunch.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I get it, you hear it from your source its fact, I get it from my source its propaganda. How liberal of you. I didn't get it from Fox, although I am sure listening to msnbc as you do makes you giddy. You need to quit listening to the spin. Real unemployment is much higher. Your sources do not take in seasonally adjusted, or long term discouraged workers, or part timers. BUt I am wasting my typing, you will believe your "propaganda" to the death.
Oh wow, someone learned how to spell giddy. You're not fooling anyone, you're the same Moran no matter what you call yourself.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Fox Hosts Dissolve Into Laughter Over Their Own Tease: "Does [Obama] Actually Believe In The Constitution?"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/01/17/fox-...

it's hard selling crap to mindless FOXbots without laughing, but somebody has to do it.

(cue Rove!)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dale 176,866
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 min BigRabbit 68,860
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 28 min Sinatra 291
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min gcaveman1 46,243
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Valerie 97,845
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,303
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 3 hr _Zoey_ 7,738
Amy 8-22 5 hr Kuuipo 12

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000