Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
777,101 - 777,120 of 1,085,030 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842795
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

30

30

30

Unmerited Self-Congratulation Is a Recipe for Continued Republican Failure

Bill Kristol should be joking here, but unfortunately he isn’t:

Republicans can and should say, with considerable justification and only a bit of bravado: It is past time we ceased to apologize for an imperfect political party. Find its equal. Probably more than any other party in the world, the Republicans have in recent decades stood unflinchingly for the cause of liberty abroad, and, at home, with a bit more uncertainty, for limited, constitutional government and for the principle that government exists to serve free men and free markets, not the reverse.

If you were wondering when Republicans had started apologizing for their party’s flaws, you aren’t alone. The Republican Party has many afflictions and problems today, but a lack of triumphalism about its own virtues isn’t one of them. Kristol’s overconfidence in the GOP is impressive in a perverse way. Reviewing the GOP’s record over the past decade of massive foreign policy failure, executive overreach, expansion of government, growth of the national security state, support for torture and indefinite detention, and government bailouts, there are not many willing to celebrate the party for its “unflinching” defense of the causes of liberty and limited, constitutional government.

The simple reason for that is that it does not deserve to be celebrated. The “principle that government exists to serve free men and free markets” has been one that Republican leaders have honored more in the breach in the last decade. Republican leaders can’t cease to apologize for their party’s flaws now that they have only just begun to acknowledge them. Self-criticism is supposed to be an uncomfortable and humbling experience, not a brief prelude to more self-congratulation.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

the hubris of the current day conservative is why Obama won the election.....

47%.
Conservitive Crapola

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842797
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

13

13

13

I like licking my dogs balls while I fantasize that im Doing MITT ROMNEY. It gets me Off Everytime!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842798
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

29

29

29

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
It is illegal to use the US military domestically against US citizens. If ordered to do so, the US military would be required to ignore such an unlawful order.
The need for defense will occur when (and if) the US government ceases to function and the mob acts as they did in the case of Katrina.
So the National Guard has ever been called out to help control rioting?

Who killed those kids in Ohio in 1970?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842799
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

30

30

30

January 19, 2013

Fox News to Shut Down for Routine Maintenance Monday Morning at 11:30

Posted by Andy Borowitz

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Fox News Channel announced today that it would shut down for what it called “routine maintenance” Monday morning at 11:30 E.T.

Fox News president Roger Ailes explained the timing of the shutdown, which will be the first in the history of the network:“We wanted to pick a time when we were positive nothing would be happening that our viewers would want to see.”


Mr. Ailes said that Fox had considered shutting down only once before, exactly four years earlier on January 20, 2009, and later regretted the decision to continue broadcasting that day:“It turned out that no Fox viewers wanted to watch TV that day. And I mean none.”

According to Mr. Ailes, for the twelve hours Fox News is off the air on Monday the network will broadcast a continuous photomontage of white people.

“Regular viewers of Fox probably won’t notice anything unusual,” he said.

After the routine maintenance is completed, Mr. Ailes said, Fox News will return to the air Tuesday morning with its regular broadcast schedule:“For Fox viewers, it will be like Monday never happened

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842800
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

29

29

28

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying that in four years obama was unable to turn things around and now his only plan is to raise the debt? Interesting.
the Bush plan.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842802
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

30

29

29

Conservitive Crapola wrote:
I like licking my dogs balls while I fantasize that im Doing MITT ROMNEY. It gets me Off Everytime!
We all knew teapussy was a balllicker. Eunuchs that they are.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842803
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

31

31

31

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i thought it was because of right wing governors.
States can choose electoral voters any they want. Pull a name from a hat. Appointed by the governor. Throw a dart at a board full of names.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842804
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

30

30

30

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i thought it was because of right wing governors.
In fact, the electoral voter has no legal obligation to vote as the majority of their state did.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842805
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

28

28

28

sonicfilter wrote:
Unmerited Self-Congratulation Is a Recipe for Continued Republican Failure
Bill Kristol should be joking here, but unfortunately he isn’t:
Republicans can and should say, with considerable justification and only a bit of bravado: It is past time we ceased to apologize for an imperfect political party. Find its equal. Probably more than any other party in the world, the Republicans have in recent decades stood unflinchingly for the cause of liberty abroad, and, at home, with a bit more uncertainty, for limited, constitutional government and for the principle that government exists to serve free men and free markets, not the reverse.
If you were wondering when Republicans had started apologizing for their party’s flaws, you aren’t alone. The Republican Party has many afflictions and problems today, but a lack of triumphalism about its own virtues isn’t one of them. Kristol’s overconfidence in the GOP is impressive in a perverse way. Reviewing the GOP’s record over the past decade of massive foreign policy failure, executive overreach, expansion of government, growth of the national security state, support for torture and indefinite detention, and government bailouts, there are not many willing to celebrate the party for its “unflinching” defense of the causes of liberty and limited, constitutional government.
The simple reason for that is that it does not deserve to be celebrated. The “principle that government exists to serve free men and free markets” has been one that Republican leaders have honored more in the breach in the last decade. Republican leaders can’t cease to apologize for their party’s flaws now that they have only just begun to acknowledge them. Self-criticism is supposed to be an uncomfortable and humbling experience, not a brief prelude to more self-congratulation.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
the hubris of the current day conservative is why Obama won the election.....
47%.
Bill Kristol is the genius that thought Sarah Palin would be the perfect VP for McCain in 2008. I still can't believe that Cindy McCain didn't divorce the dumbazz for going along with the RNC.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842806
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

30

29

29

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying that in four years obama was unable to turn things around and now his only plan is to raise the debt? Interesting.
Turn things around from what??

Oh, that's right the worst recession in 80 years.

Do you frickin idiots know what the word "Worst" means???

Within 6 months, Obamas actions ended the Bush recession & within a year, the job losses ended.

If you look at economic growth, we were doing better at the end of 200. Then Republicans took the House & that growth shrunk.

Republicans sacrificed this nation's economy in hopes of winning in 2012. It didn't work.

As you dipsticks run screaming in circles "OMG OMG The debt the debt" you should pull your heads out of your asses & realize that this debt is due to the need to fight this recession,help those caught up in this recession, the two quagmire wars you Republicans just had to wage, and over a trillion alone in loss of revenues.
Conservitive Crapola

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842807
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

10

10

10

I m poor.
I NEED OBAMA FOR MY EVERY NEED .
I could not exist in a normal society without obama. Because I just dont have enough brains.
I m waiting for obama to send me free Pig lips, koolaid,chicken and watermelon.
What a great country america is aint it?
Grey Ghost

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842808
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

30

18

18

I love dog dick too. Im gona try that too
PDUPONT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842809
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

26

26

14

Dog balls ?
Mmmm sounds yummy.
Im going to try that !
Only im going to fantasize that its Joe Biden im licking.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842810
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

25

25

25

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bill Kristol is the genius that thought Sarah Palin would be the perfect VP for McCain in 2008. I still can't believe that Cindy McCain didn't divorce the dumbazz for going along with the RNC.
I can believe she married him!
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842813
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

26

26

26

Conservitive Crapola wrote:
I'm a teapussy. I'm holding my breath for 8 years.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Realtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842814
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

24

24

24

Im goin to try that too ! My dog is female though.
Im going to lick her good and fantasize its Hillary
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842815
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

24

12

12

ReaganWasRight wrote:
<quoted text>True. I Agree totally.
What do you agree with azzhole? I'm not even gonna play with the sticks, just give you facts! President Obama is not the 1st blackman too hold office. Do your history on John Hanson. And we all know Lincoln was black. Not just his physical features alone even though they were overwhelming, but the name white folks in his political surroundings called him, Africonus the 1st! Now President Obama is, his wife is, & his children are the best looking family to grace the presence of the white house. And he may not be the 1st black president, but he is the most prolific, inspiring, & brilliant president that just happens to be black! Is that what the true problem is? Ya'll mad because the president & his family are thee best looking, youngest, & inspirational family to rome those halls of that historical monument formerly known as the white house! Now as the Obama house & will forever be known as the democratic presidential house. Ya'll azzholes didnt lose the last election only, ya'll lost the presidency forever DUMMIES!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842816
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

24

24

24

flack wrote:
<quoted text> States can choose electoral voters any they want. Pull a name from a hat. Appointed by the governor. Throw a dart at a board full of names.
is that all leading back to....

The guy in office is so bad that it shouldn't matter if we have a viable candidate to run against him, so let's fix that.

?
Realtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842817
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

26

26

26

I m a retard typing from a mental institution ... Gota go . Its time to play duck duck goose with the wheelchair gang

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#842818
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

25

14

14

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying Weasel:
I'm going to ask you a second time...
When did I ever say "guns are okay as long as they are used to kill people." - provide the link, liar.
Lying Weasel
Lying Weasel
Lying Weasel
Lying Weasel
Wow, 19 brilliant judge-its for this silly rant???? You exposed yourself for the phony liar you are with this one.
The answer to your question is very simple. You object to guns being used to kill animals but you defend the right to own them. Other than plinking cans, any reasonable person would deduce that you are condoning their use to shoot people. Yes or no? If no, then what other possible use could you explain for guns?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min Concerned in Las Cruces 68,467
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr obama 49,033
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr _Zoey_ 7,705
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 2 hr obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 488
Ask Amy 8-1-14 6 hr Shari23 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••