Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#842824 Jan 20, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you still cannot accept that obama is in charge and failing at it. Oh, I get it, you admit obama has no plan, well, other than raising the debt. Gotcha.
not the Bush plan....

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...

if only the deficit was only about spending.

don't tell you that stuff on FOX? like how tax revenues are the lowest in 60 years?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#842826 Jan 20, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying that in four years obama was unable to turn things around and now his only plan is to raise the debt? Interesting.
If you eliminated all discretionary spending except Defense you'd still have a deficit thereby continuing to increase the debt. The onus is on congress to reduce Defense and entitlement spending.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#842827 Jan 20, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the slate is clean when a President is elected?
you just clean it.

like spending off a surplus.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jeff

United States

#842828 Jan 20, 2013
I m Jeff
They call me Jiffy Jeff
I LOVE JIZZ ALL OVER MY FACE

Since: Aug 12

Adana, Turkey

#842829 Jan 20, 2013
is obama muslim ?
Jeff

United States

#842830 Jan 20, 2013
Im sewwww gay !
I skinned more roots than a wagon wheel!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#842831 Jan 20, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry ,racism and hatred are far more advanced sign of ignorance than is spelling. Actually spelling has absolutly nothing to do with ones intelligence, a number of the smartest people in the world were terrible spellers, including Einstein, F.D.R, Kennedy and a host of others. So as always old Galt is wrong and clueless once again. Maybe we should simply pity the fool...
Well, lets see if he goes hog wild on Mme. Tourrette from KY!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#842832 Jan 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So the National Guard has ever been called out to help control rioting?
Who killed those kids in Ohio in 1970?
Galt has his own fluid version of the Constitution, here's what ours says:

"To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jeff

United States

#842833 Jan 20, 2013
Should I wear heels today or flats?
Decisions Decisions
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#842834 Jan 20, 2013
guess what pops up when you search....NRA 1st.

National Rifle Association’s First Amendment Sellout

The National Rifle Association just sold out your First Amendment right to participate in the democratic process. Sources on the Hill tell RedState that House Republican members are “furious” at the National Rifle Association (NRA) for negotiating a special provision exempting the NRA from a new campaign finance reform measure racing through Congress.

http://www.redstate.com/rs_insider/2010/06/15...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#842835 Jan 20, 2013
2010...Erick Erickson....

There are few organizations purportedly on the side of freedom that aggravate me more than the National Rifle Association.

In fact, these days I cringe when I see good conservatives with their lifetime member sticker from the NRA on the back of their cars. I support Gun Owners of America, which is a consistent and uncompromising defender of the second amendment, not a weak little girl of an organization protecting itself while throwing everyone else under the bus.

But that’s what the National Rifle Association is doing. You and I are willing to stand together because we know we either stand together or hang separately. The NRA legislative strategy in the past few years has been to hang everybody else so they can be the last man standing — more interested in maintaining the veneer of bipartisanship than actually standing up for the second amendment.

The Democrats are trying to come up with a new law to respond to the U.S. Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision on campaign finance rules. The NRA had objected to the Democrats’ proposal, but then secured a carve out for themselves from the legislation and have dropped their objection.

So if you are a small organization that just started up to defend freedom, you are screwed. But if you’ve been collecting a large file of members for decades off the image of Charlton Heston while repeated screwing conservatives, you’ll be safe.

This is just the NRA not wanting competition for itself. If they were really committed to freedom, let alone the second amendment, they should be encouraging more freedom loving, second amendment loving organizations to rise and fight. Instead, they are collaborating with the left to shut out competition.

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/06/14/yet-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#842836 Jan 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> There is no right to vote for president per the SCOTUS. Libtards are SO stupid!!!
Oh brother

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#842837 Jan 20, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Im sewwww gay !
I skinned more roots than a wagon wheel!
Some republican thought this was brilliant, interesting and agreed! Republicans? This is your constituency.

Look at the last 50 posts, all sick nonsense. Not one of you has a brain

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#842840 Jan 20, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh brother
Stay ignorant. It's all you got.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#842841 Jan 20, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what has he turned around?
Has the recession really ended? Not according to many economist, actually they say we are entering another one. More people than ever live in poverty and more on foodstamps than ever.
The job losses ended? Only if you believe the numbers that leave out underemployed and those that gave up and not on unemployment any longer.
The country is looking at default, well, unless the obama can use threats and scare tactics to push for higher debt ceilings.
And now obama is having to face a global financial problem.
And much of obamas recent upbeat data is misleading. The government took $2.33 of new debt to produce $1.00 of economic activity [GDP]. Whatever happened to the Keynesian theory that every government stimulus dollar produces $2-$3 of economic activity?
But I can see your point of not wanting to blame obama, I mean so far he has been impotent.
Jeff, you're just buying propaganda. For instance you refer to the U6 unemployment rate which has been dropping faster than the "official" U3 rate. The U6 is down 2.7% from its 17.1% peak while the U3 dropped 2.2% from its peak of 10%.

Don't take Fox's or anybody else's word for it, check it out for yourself:

http://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cpsatab15.h...
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.ht...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#842844 Jan 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not the Bush plan....
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...
if only the deficit was only about spending.
don't tell you that stuff on FOX? like how tax revenues are the lowest in 60 years?
Their handlers can't afford to divorce debt or deficit from spending, it wrecks their whole narrative.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nj raider 1

United States

#842848 Jan 20, 2013
Pastor Bob wrote:
My sermon this Sunday will be "how Obama brought liquor to our little town and how the Devil will ride in on its coat tails!"
So wait, is Obama the antichrist which in christian terms would be the devil in the flesh, liken to Jesus being God in the flesh, or is he just another sinister prophet. If he's the antichrist as the insain believes, would the devil be riding in on his coat tails or would he actually be his chauffeur? Just wondering! Looney Tunes! Which character would you be?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#842849 Jan 20, 2013
LooTER SHooTER wrote:
Really, I'm dead! Can anybody read me?
Nope, try typing louder.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#842851 Jan 20, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I get it, you hear it from your source its fact, I get it from my source its propaganda. How liberal of you. I didn't get it from Fox, although I am sure listening to msnbc as you do makes you giddy. You need to quit listening to the spin. Real unemployment is much higher. Your sources do not take in seasonally adjusted, or long term discouraged workers, or part timers. BUt I am wasting my typing, you will believe your "propaganda" to the death.
Clearly you didn't even look at the source, its the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the same place your "sources" get their numbers. I gave you an opportunity to look for yourself and you just choose to stick with people who lie to you and you believe them only because their lies tell you what you want to hear.

Here's one more chance to do some thinking for yourself:

http://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cpsatab15.h...

Notice you have the choice between seasonally adjusted and not seasonally adjusted.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#842854 Jan 20, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and heaven forbid the government fudge the numbers. Its never happened before has it? We can both laugh now.
Pearls before swine.

Stay stupid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min wojar 180,876
last post wins! (Apr '13) 25 min Hatti_Hollerand 392
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 40 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,871
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min SpaceBlues 48,574
World's Best Photo Art 1 hr WOW 1
amerikkkan gov bans bakesales 1 hr hands on AR 2
Black car driver shot thru window overnight 4 hr hands on AR 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr primetime justice 98,694
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:31 PM
Kyle Fuller, Riley Reiff and Reggie Bush all questionable for Turkey Day
ESPN 2:35 PM
Cardinals' Bush: No 'fair shake' with Bears
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?
NBC Sports 4:15 PM
Washington benches RGIII, Colt McCoy to start