Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277098 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#843130 Jan 20, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah; food stamps, free phones, communist, Marxist, Muslim,... You seriously need some new material, aren't you bored to death repeating the same old bullshyt for 4 years?
15 mins to Judge Wapner.
"Jeff"
You gotta understand, left wingers like "silly" believe they are entitled to government handouts like, food stamps, free phones, rent subsidies, higher Federal Income tax rates for the wealthy, etc. The truth, "bullshyt", in liberal jargon is a no no. They can not list any positives from the nobama administration, so, they are the ones who resort to "bullshyt", facts are unacceptable.
Peace
carol

Orlando, FL

#843131 Jan 20, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
read it and weep, nitwit!!
Drill, baby, Drill!!
""U.S. oil production grew more in 2012 than in any year in the history of the domestic industry, which began in 1859, and is set to surge even more in 2013.
Daily crude output averaged 6.4 million barrels a day last year, up a record 779,000 barrels a day from 2011 and hitting a 15-year high, according to the American Petroleum Institute, a trade group.
It is the biggest annual jump in production since Edwin Drake drilled the first commercial oil well in Titusville, Pa., two years before the Civil War began.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration predicts 2013 will be an even bigger year, with average daily production expected to jump by 900,000 barrels a day.
The surge comes thanks to a relatively recent combination of technologies--horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, which involves pumping water, chemicals and sand at high pressures to break apart underground rock formations.
Together, they have unlocked deposits of oil and gas trapped in formations previously thought to be unreachable.
That has meant a resurgence of activity in well-established oil regions, such as West Texas's Permian basin, as well as huge expansions in areas that had been lightly tapped in the past, such as North Dakota's Bakken shale region.
The Bakken has gone from producing just 125,000 barrels of oil a day five years ago to nearly 750,000 barrels a day today.
The benefits of the surge in domestic energy production include improving employment in some regions and a rebound in U.S.-based manufacturing.
"At a very basic level this surge is creating jobs and wealth that didn't exist before," said Michael Levi, a senior fellow for energy and the environment at the Council on Foreign Relations.
It has also provided the county with greater defense against overseas turmoil that can disrupt energy supplies.
"The events in Algeria this week, for example, show the importance of having rising production from within the U.S. and other countries," said Amy Myers Jaffe, the executive director of energy and sustainability at the University of California Davis.
The shale drilling boom was first directed at natural gas production, but when a glut of natural gas drove down prices for the fuel, exploration companies redirected their efforts toward oil.
Amid a sluggish economic recovery and tightening fuel-economy standards for U.S. cars and trucks, oil demand fell to a 16-year low in 2012, according to the trade group. Total oil imports for the year fell by 6.9%, to a 15-year low, API said.""
But here's 10 more signs of an improving economy. Not that you poor people would understand.
10-Rise in Expensive Equipment Sales
9-Housing market improving
8-Advertising Sales Are Growing
7-Factory Production is Increasing
6-Record Corporate Profits
5-The Recovery of Retail Sales
4-Unemployment Declining
3-Jobs are Gaining …Slowly
2-The Weak Dollar
1-Economists Say It’s Improving
----------
It's your diabetes causing your depression. Seek professional help.
<quoted text>
You provided no source for your rather long cut and paste.

I, on the other hand, provided Gallup, ABC News and Nasdaq.
dem

Chicago, IL

#843133 Jan 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>Its obviously an evil plot just like those climatologists you don't believe.
Lol
leosanus

Pompano Beach, FL

#843134 Jan 20, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>namE is so f8ckin' stupid he can't read the http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/OPINION/E... his own source...If he really is an immigrant, as he states, how did our immigration laws allow such a mental defective to enter? Curveball's cousin Screwball?
dirtmouth illegitimate babymama say what? LOL
dem

Chicago, IL

#843132 Jan 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>Since your wife dumped your ass that's all you get off on.
Homer!
Gunners bitch is dragging wives into his battles cause he's losing.
Lol

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#843136 Jan 20, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you I got my information from many places, you get yours from the government which you believe without pause. Like I said, I read sources from Wall street, economnist, business journals, professors of economics, blogs, news media, investment news, etc. I guess again, it makes you mad I will not take for granted that what the government is telling me is gospel. Like I said, Fine, live with it. By the way, I though you where through with me? Does my failure to fall in lockstep with your beliefs angering you this much?
Then post a link to one of your "many" "sources".

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#843135 Jan 20, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did that lying make you feel better dem?
Ivy league schools are not for peons like you.
Did you teach old raider to lie as well as you?
I guarantee you are older than me. Typical libtard projection from a moonbat. You made poor decisions in your lazy life lib, not my responsibility.
Vent on man.
That should be "older than I"...f8ckin', lyin' retard--just which Ivy League school are you and your smelly socks pretending to have attended now? You're probably also workin' the tube up Jeffy's sock...we all know that his "handlers" are doing reach arounds...

Location hidden

#843137 Jan 20, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you don't believe much of anything unless your handlers tell you its alright to do so.
What makes it funny is that you have no idea how much sense that doesn't make.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#843138 Jan 20, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>namE is so f8ckin' stupid he can't read the http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/OPINION/E... his own source...If he really is an immigrant, as he states, how did our immigration laws allow such a mental defective to enter? Curveball's cousin Screwball?
Come on fake teacher, i countered realputz opinion with the opinion of someone with more credibility. Besides, i don't expect a poser like you to actually read the article.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#843139 Jan 20, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunner?
"siily"
"poop".
Peace

Location hidden

#843140 Jan 20, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, just makes aggravates you I won't adhere to your way of thinking. Through with me yet? Handlers tell you to pursue me and convert or destroy?
Ok, then where's the source that convinces you that total unemployment has been going up?
Lincoln

United States

#843141 Jan 20, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were the words used in leosnana's poem:
Breathes there the man with soul so dead
Who never to himself hath said,
This is my own, my native land!
I said Obama still holds a grudge against his own native land. Which doesn't imply it's Kenya.
The f r e d 's 10,000 posts were wrong?:-)
carol

Orlando, FL

#843143 Jan 20, 2013
frack wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so now this IS his own "native land?" (never mind that this land was stolen from Native Americans, whereupon they were treated much more shamefully than slaves). I thought it was Kenya. When did this sea change in you occur. Also, how is that old gray minge doing -- nice and dry again, the way I like it?
I do agree about the Native Americans and how we royally screwed them over.

Some, however, say Obama, once named Barry Soetero, applied for Columbia as a foreign student and have documented proof.

I'm not saying I'm convinced of that - yet. He's hiding something concerning his college records though. That's for sure.

Have any idea what that might be?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#843144 Jan 20, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where did Bush get his?"
In case you've been in a coma, Bush isn't president. Obama is president. Additionally, the Republicans were bringing us back to a surplus condition, giving the Democrats a reduced deficit of 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollars during a war in January, 2007, when the Democrats took full control of all the purse strings of government. What have the Demcorats done to that since?
The question remains unanswered. If the question isn't answered, the government collapses and the existence of the United States ends.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
A source of money is required to answer the second question.
The Democrats controlled all the purse strings of the government since January, 2007. There are only 100 Senators. 51 is a majority. Counting Sanders and Leiberman, that's 53 Democrats. Then, the 111th Congress had a Democrat super majority in the Senate and a dominate majority in the House.
In case you're confused, Boehner is a Democrat. You'd know that if you weren't so stupid.
Now, back to the question you run away from:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
A source of money is required to answer the question.
So

Where did Bush get his?

I take it you don't know. Or more likely that you didn't care then & don't care now.

Learn the difference between the debt & budget deficits. Especially when you run two wars off budget.
We had those balanced budgets that you whine about every GD day. It was your GD party that voted to take us off that path.

There were never over 50b Democrats in the US Senate in 29007 & 2008.

As for Joe Lieberman, are you talking about the guy who rode in John McCains back pocket??? Really, how f*cking desperate are you.

Telling us that Boehner is a Democrat just proves how uninformed you are.

Now, where did Bush get his money?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#843146 Jan 20, 2013
You just keep getting crazier!!

Of course, you can't show us any proof of this 'document'.

So I guess we'll just have to take your word for this nonsense!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're not smart enough to know that Oil Companies make deals all over the world. Seen what China's invested in Canada?? Far more than they've invested in here.

Does Exxon's deal with Russia mean that Russia has surrendered to America??

Are you that stupid??

(The answer is yes)
DBWriter wrote:
In 2009, the United States of America tendered to China a written agreement which grants to the People's Republic of China, an option to exercise Eminent Domain within the USA, as collateral for China's continued purchase of US Treasury Notes and existing US Currency reserves.
The written agreement was brought to Beijing by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and was formalized and agreed-to during her 2009 trip to China.
This means that in the event the US Government defaults on its financial obligations to China, the Communist Government of China would be permitted to physically take -- inside the USA -- land, buildings, factories, etc.- to satisfy the financial obligations of the US government.
Put simply, the feds have actually mortgaged the physical land and property of all citizens and businesses in the United States. They have given to a foreign power, their Constitutional power to "take" all of our property, as actual collateral for continued Chinese funding of US deficit spending and the continued carrying of US national debt.
Using two front corporations, the China National Offshore Oil Corporation and the State-Owned Assets Supervision as well as the Administration Commission of the State Council, the Chinese Communists have entered into a $570 million deal that gives it a third interest in an oil and gas field in Colorado and Wyoming. What’s worse is that language in the agreement has given the Chinese government the right to a third of ANY NEW oil or gas discovered in areas encompassed by this energy site.
Aside from having their tentacles in Colorado and Wyoming, other states where China has a sizable presence are as follows:
Louisiana – a $2.5 billion deal for 1/3 of a 265,000 acre energy field. China did likewise in buying a one-third share of a Michigan energy field.
The Chinese Communists have acquired a one-third share in energy producing fields in Ohio – Utica Shale field.
Oklahoma has them as well. The Chi-Coms own 1/3 of a 215,000 acre field based on a deal with Devon Energy.
In Texas, China owns 1/3 of the 600,000 acre Eagle Ford Shale energy field, and they own a small piece of the energy producing sections of the Gulf of Mexico.
What’s happening here is very obvious. The Chinese are Barack Obama’s loan shark. He can’t begin to pay them back what he has borrowed from them, so they are willing to take oil deals in partial payment.
Currently, Obama plans to give to them federal lands next in payment for their share of the debt. To do that, he has to give to China parts of states.
Let's see what the Constitution says about this:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state...."
I guess the Constitution puts an end to that act of treason....

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#843145 Jan 20, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see the pictures of the "first family" on the news today ,I swear they look more like a "troop" than a family , I am suprised they didn't just start picking lice from the girls hair right there during the photo shoot , mischelle obama like easter rolle are proof that their kind is the missing link.
"easter rolle"??? Wow, dumb carol will tell us that God doesn't make any mistakes, so you, an unfortunately not missing link, must obviously be Satan's own f*ck up...killed any good oyster fishermen lately?
leosanus

Pompano Beach, FL

#843147 Jan 20, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That should be "older than I"...f8ckin', lyin' retard--just which Ivy League school are you and your smelly socks pretending to have attended now? You're probably also workin' the tube up Jeffy's sock...we all know that his "handlers" are doing reach arounds...
dirt mouth illegitimate babymama say what? LOL
TSM

El Paso, TX

#843148 Jan 20, 2013
Wasn’t it Obama that told us that he was Focus like a Laser on Jobs!! Well for the Low IQ voter Obama’s Job council hasn’t met in over a Year, remember Biden saying Obama’s administration would create 500,000 jobs a Month!! I guess we weren’t expecting the Liberals new definition of jobs being define as Welfare!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#843149 Jan 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> All effects of the Bush recession.
All effects of the housing market crisis - which began under the Clinton administration and ignored by both sides, mainly your side, until it was too late.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#843150 Jan 20, 2013
You're such a silly nitwit!!

U.S. Oil-Production Rise Is Fastest Ever

Fowler, Tom. Wall Street Journal (Online)[New York, N.Y] 19 Jan 2013

You're still the extremely sore loser.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You provided no source for your rather long cut and paste.
I, on the other hand, provided Gallup, ABC News and Nasdaq.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min woodtick57 196,951
Black lives matter 2 hr nonegs 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 54,547
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr Breezy _Soul 1,722
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Doug77 6,433
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 523
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,427
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Prince Reebus 100,645
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages