Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
776,501 - 776,520 of 1,095,364 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
I didn't used to drink like this... I'm sorry. I love you all good people... but..
Drinking is good for you.
Just made me a chocolate martini.
Not usually my thing, but it's okay.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been keeping track of insurance prices too?

Those are real. And driven by the (D) house clowns..........Real trailblazers eh?
Good thing Obamacare will include your pre-existing condition.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

I know the gomer hillbillies will insist on paying armed guards minimum wage.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse the crazy baggers.
I've been asking them for weeks how much tax money they wanna spend on armed guards.
In the city of Chicago we have 700 public schools alone.
Conservatively that is roughly 50 million a year.
pay higher taxes dumschit...

or you have some pretty chitty people for teachers...

where you live...

or do what the okies are proposing...

"Oklahoma Lawmaker To Propose Legislation Allowing Teachers, Principals To Carry Guns At Schools"
http://www.news9.com/story/20363320/oklahoma-...

http://www.ok.gov/cleet/
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>Grow up..........
Why you talking to my friend carol like that?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse the crazy baggers.
I've been asking them for weeks how much tax money they wanna spend on armed guards.
In the city of Chicago we have 700 public schools alone.
Conservatively that is roughly 50 million a year.
Marion County Florida which is not a metropolitan area would cost as much as $162 million to bring up to the standards the NRA recommends.

Keep in mind that a single security guard is laughable, it would take several in many schools in rotation to cover sick days, special events, athletic practices and events etc. etc.

I'm thinking that it makes the most sense to arm all the students and let the fkrs protect themselves.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
There aren't going to be armed gaurds at every school.

Hell the amount of school shootings is really miniscule. I'd rather my kids attend a school where no one has a gun......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Beat it, imbecile.
hahahahahah!

you moran...

had to have someone teach you how to wash your sack...

hahahaahahahahahahaahahahhaaha hahahhaahahahahaha!hahahaahaha hahahahaahahahhaahahahahhaahah ahahaha!
hahahaahahahahahahaahahahhaaha hahahhaahahahahaha!
hahahaahahahahahahaahahahhaaha hahahhaahahahahaha!hahahaahaha hahahahaahahahhaahahahahhaahah ahahaha!
hahahaahahahahahahaahahahhaaha hahahhaahahahahaha!hahahaahaha hahahahaahahahhaahahahahhaahah ahahaha!hahahaahahahahahahaaha hahhaahahahahhaahahahahaha!
hahahaahahahahahahaahahahhaaha hahahhaahahahahaha!hahahaahaha hahahahaahahahhaahahahahhaahah ahahaha!hahahaahahahahahahaaha hahhaahahahahhaahahahahaha!

evolution screwed you in soooooo many wayssss
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Where are you going to get the money to pay these people? Dedicated and courageous they may be, but you've got to pay security guards—which is, in all honesty, just what these people will be.

His suggestion for paying for it comes from the supposed cash-cow that is the foreign aid budget, because screw foreigners, right? But when it comes down to it, foreign aid spending is a drop in the bucket (just over 1 percent of our federal budget) compared to defense spending (which accounts for more than 15% of our federal budget). Why not reallocate part of the money dedicated to national defense to, uh, defend citizens?

There's a fine line here. Government, whether it's federal, state, or municipal, will want to be involved in these services that will, by some estimates, cost $5.5 billion to implement nationally. That money will have to come from somewhere—not all of these guards will want to volunteer. After all, few things are more patriotic in this country than fighting for adequate compensation.

So, there we are. The NRA wants us to have people with guns in every school (or at least to tear down the signs that read "gun-free zone") to protect our kids; wants legislators to quickly pass a law to put guards on campuses across the country; and is volunteering to pay for training (but not for the guards).

That's all well and good. Just don't forget that even having an armed guard on campus didn't prevent the Columbine massacre.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Marion County Florida which is not a metropolitan area would cost as much as $162 million to bring up to the standards the NRA recommends.

Keep in mind that a single security guard is laughable, it would take several in many schools in rotation to cover sick days, special events, athletic practices and events etc. etc.

I'm thinking that it makes the most sense to arm all the students and let the fkrs protect themselves.
Good point on the rotation.
It's a laughable proposal to think we can afford guards when they don't wanna pay teachers.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>as do all campaigns, dumbass
Obamas campaign is over!! There just being a typical Liberal, trying to avoid paying their Fair Share!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing Obamacare will include your pre-existing condition.
Your just protecting someone who shouldn't be protected.

There were better options for universal HC. He had to bribe his own party to get it through and then just barely got it through.

Obamacare is not good for America. You obviously voted for change and Its gonna change America alright and not for the better. Companies are already headed for the border and overseas. Employer provided HC will be a thing of the past before this decade is through.

Obama siad it would bring HC costs down, then he said it would contain the increases. The reaLITY IS ITS SPIKING LIKE WE'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE AND NEXT YEAR WILL BE THE BIG SPIKE..........

Sorry, hit the caps button while typing.......
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>pay higher taxes dumschit...

or you have some pretty chitty people for teachers...

where you live...

or do what the okies are proposing...

"Oklahoma Lawmaker To Propose Legislation Allowing Teachers, Principals To Carry Guns At Schools"
http://www.news9.com/story/20363320/oklahoma-...

http://www.ok.gov/cleet/
You fkn retards hate teachers.
Now you wanna give untrained people guns?
Kid will wrestle that gun from a teacher in seconds.
And did you just dare mention tax money, you fkn tea bag imbecile?
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>There aren't going to be armed gaurds at every school.

Hell the amount of school shootings is really miniscule. I'd rather my kids attend a school where no one has a gun......
Agreed

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
Once we start arming schools, is when the bomb threats will stop being threats..........

If someones crazy enough to do something like that they will get it done..........
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Time Warner Cable Bans Certain Gun Ads

In the wake of the Newtown, Conn. school shooting massacre, Time Warner Cable announced that it will no longer be airing certain types ads that feature guns, Broadcasting and Cable reported on Friday.

"We no longer accept ads showing semi-automatic weapons and guns pointed at people," the company said in a statement. "We stand by this policy. If it's essential to a business owner to show this kind of imagery in their commercials, there are other advertising options in the marketplace."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/t...

the NRA/gun manufacturers will have a fit.

but not a damn thing to do about it.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we are talking about violence in our school, God Freakin forbid we talk about children.
You people are so pathetic.
Obama is an opportunist and not at all a man of conscience. You can go play with your childish emotions but my pragmatism me from falling into the same traps you do.
Hard Balls

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
...what did it cost the taxpayers to have your balls washed because you did not know how...
The irony of a teabagger being obsessed with ball washing is almost too much to ignore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Who in the world would need a firearm for protection?

"Medical examiner describes victims' torture in Cobbins trial"

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp...

with such good people in the world...

"Lemaricus Davidson faces 46 counts including felony murder, premeditated murder, aggravated robbery, aggravated kidnapping, aggravated rape and theft.

Letalvis Cobbins faces 46 counts including 16 counts of felony murder, two counts of premeditated murder, two counts of especially aggravated robbery, four counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, 20 counts of aggravated rape and two counts of theft.

George Thomas faces 46 counts including 16 counts of felony murder, two counts of premeditated murder, two counts of especially aggravated robbery, four counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, 20 counts of aggravated rape and two counts of theft.

Vanessa Lynn Coleman, 18, faces 40 counts including 12 counts of felony murder, one count of premeditated murder, one count of especially aggravated robbery, four counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, 20 counts of aggravated rape and two counts of theft."

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

A major semi-automatic gun ban just went into effect in America, without the President, Congress or any other government entity doing a thing.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/no-more-guns-time-...

the NRA will be happy. no more movie ads with AK-47s.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Brian_G 46,222
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min RACE 97,769
Tes tic my phono 36 min ochoa 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Dale 176,678
Amy 8-19 2 hr Kuuipo 13
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Jonah1 49,244
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Nono 3,900
Amy 8-20 4 hr Kuuipo 12
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••