Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
776,481 - 776,500 of 1,080,690 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

liberals are idiots wrote:
Like many Americans, Iím no fan of guns. The first time I saw a real gun that wasnít on a police officer or solider was in 2001 when I went skeet-shooting with my future husbandís grandfather. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed skeet-shooting, as well as how much my shoulder hurt from the shotgunís kick-back. Years later, I went with my husband and some of his family to a firing range and shot a revolver. That wasnít fun at all, it was terribly noisy, and I havenít shot anything since.
I know only enough about guns to know that I know very little at all. I cannot imagine personally being comfortable enough with a gun to use one in self-defense, so guns scare me.
Yet just because I would never personally want to own or use a gun doesnít mean that I have nothing at stake in the gun rights debate. Iím glad that there are women who know how to use guns and do so in their own defense. I want potential assailants not to assume that all women are helpless until the police arrive.
If keeping guns out of the hands of criminals were as easy as outlawing certain categories of guns or ammunition or more thorough background checks, then it seems that all of the existing gun laws would have been more effective at reducing gun violence and that cities with the strictest gun laws, like Washington DC and Chicago, would be among our safest. They are not.
I have yet to see convincing evidence that more burdensome federal restrictions, like those being proposed by the President, will hit the target and reduce gun violence. I have seen studies suggesting that stricter gun laws disarm law-abiding citizens and make it easier for violent criminals to operate. But Iím open to reviewing new data if the President has some to offer after heís done tweeting the most recent missive from an eight-year-old.
Letís have a real conversation about the efficacy of gun laws, and what measures might prevent mass shootings and keep deadly weapons out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. Yet letís have that conversation as adults, and leave the children out of it.
Carrie Lukas is the managing director of the Independent Womenís Forum.
"If keeping guns out of the hands of criminals were as easy as outlawing certain categories of guns or ammunition or more thorough background checks, then it seems that all of the existing gun laws would have been more effective at reducing gun violence and that cities with the strictest gun laws, like Washington DC and Chicago, would be among our safest. They are not."

THAT says it all. The Boy Messiah's kids are safe because of guns being used to protect them. Our kids are not safe because he won't allow us to use guns to protect them. Lying hypocrite progressive, he is.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do it for the children" is the oldest, cheapest, most despicable political tactic known to mankind....and to the Boy Messiah.

Since we are talking about violence in our school, God Freakin forbid we talk about children.

You people are so pathetic.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You most certainly are!!
Nuculur to bad: There is no vaccine against stupidity!!

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Rush Limbaugh: If Civil Rights Activists In The '60s Had Owned Guns, "You Think They Would Have Needed Selma?"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/01/18/rush...
if they had: we wouldn't have Rush.
Rush is so f*cking stupid he doesn't know people owned guns in the 60's. That's why the right whiners can identify with Limbaugh so well.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Rush is so f*cking stupid he doesn't know people owned guns in the 60's. That's why the right whiners can identify with Limbaugh so well.
what do think he'd say about guns in the 60s because of the Black Panthers?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> How can anyone forget the biggest lapse of any president in history? Not to mention the day that Americans blindly & gently handed over their rights. Unknowingly! So gop ahead, keep blaming Obama. I see you're still pretending 9/11 never happened!
Lets not forget the 9/11 that happens every single month in America with the same amount of deaths from gunshot. Al Queda could not have planned it any better, yet a President that wants to change the laws to prevent it happening is being stonewalled by the NRA & tea bagger types who would feel more comfortable talking taliban logic than the need to accept change.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuculur to bad: There is no vaccine against stupidity!!
Not in West Texas apparently.
JusttheFacts

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Then do something about it bytch! You talk that shut cuz you sitting in front of a computer screen. You ain't got nuts enuff to do or say anything to a black or latino. I'm from jersey where we bout that action. Round here, lil young boys will push yo shyt back for your sneakers. See thats the difference in my type & your type. Yo buy guns just to have, we buy guns to use them. Very big difference! You aint never poked nothing never popped nothing bytch stop fronting. Notre go on & finish call of duty & pretend your killing blacks & latinos. Thats as close as you'll ever get to doing so pu C!
You got a point. If we somehow could convince all these crazed shooters to go into the hood and start shooting the gang bangers inteadof the innocent -- problem solved. Lucky that the shootings you are talking about are black on black and latino on latino bangers. It's not like they count for anything.
LooTER SHooTER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Rush is so f*cking stupid he doesn't know people owned guns in the 60's. That's why the right whiners can identify with Limbaugh so well.
HE STUPID YOU SAY?
Thats WHY HE OWNS RADIO NETWORKS AND EARNS OVER HALF A BILLION A YEAR! Not counting royalties !
STUPID HUH ?
Oh ok ... If you say so Marblehead.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>Nuculur to bad: There is no vaccine against stupidity!!
Lol!

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You don't understand Carol. It's what they want. It's what the far left wing loony tune have been searching for. The fact that they found the right person who also happens to be half black is pure genius. Not only could that count on the liberal white guilt vote but they suckered all the non liberal black folks to vote against their best interest. This may only work once however depending on the next 4 years. If the economy continues to crash and burn this experiment will go down in history as a monumental failure.
You people are pathetic.

Blacks traditionally vote Democrat. I guess HHH was black??? Must have been as he got over 90% of the vote.

And rally, not voting for the party that nearly killed America under Bush is not voting in one's best interest??? What kind of dumbf*ck votes for someone like Paul Ryan whose yes votes were part of the Bush disaster???

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

liberals are idiots wrote:
If keeping guns out of the hands of criminals were as easy as outlawing certain categories of guns or ammunition or more thorough background checks, then it seems that all of the existing gun laws would have been more effective at reducing gun violence and that cities with the strictest gun laws, like Washington DC and Chicago, would be among our safest. They are not..........
It's the same ole recycled crap you guys post trying to defend the indefensible. The crims with guns 99% of the time shot each other, the rest of the time where innocents are shot in gang bang'er drive by's, having a gun won't prevent any of that. But crims do not walk into shopping malls or schools and start shooting. Those ppl are on suicide missions that want to be noticed taking as many as they can with them. By having lose gun laws allows them an easy way to do it. That is what needs changing, otherwise why stop at assualt weapons why not let anyone have anything. In otherwords let someone drive a tank into walmart with a sub machine gun and go to town. That is the distorted logic of this bs right to bear arms crap. If you want to read it literally, then why have any limits.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do it for the children" is the oldest, cheapest, most despicable political tactic known to mankind....and to the Boy Messiah.
So... you've just tossed your argument for Roe v Wade out the window son!

amazing. And it took absolutely no brains on your part to do so...

.... not so amazing there!
LooTER SHooTER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

WHEN the BULLET HITS THE BONE . De de de da de de de De de.....
LooTER SHooTER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Gota go FOLKS... If YA NEED ME ILL BE HERE AS ALWAYS..
Cleaning my Guns !
CLICK CLICK ...SNAP !
JusttheFacts

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

LooTER SHooTER wrote:
<quoted text>HE STUPID YOU SAY?
Thats WHY HE OWNS RADIO NETWORKS AND EARNS OVER HALF A BILLION A YEAR! Not counting royalties !
STUPID HUH ?
Oh ok ... If you say so Marblehead.
No the reason he has a show on AM Radio is because of weak minded fools that would listen. His contract with Clear Channel is reported to be $40 million per year. He owns NO stations.
Wonder why the top talking heads for Repubs, Beck and Rush, were both alcoholics and drug addicts?
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text>You got a point. If we somehow could convince all these crazed shooters to go into the hood and start shooting the gang bangers inteadof the innocent -- problem solved. Lucky that the shootings you are talking about are black on black and latino on latino bangers. It's not like they count for anything.
Or start killing hillbilly phaggots from Kentucky.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatís this Liberal Dribble paying your Fare Share!! What hypocrisy, Obama campaign goes tax-exempt!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Or start killing hillbilly phaggots from Kentucky.
What a bunch of dummies on here, look at what they post6073

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of dummies on here, look at what they post6073
Hahahahaha...classic

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min Hate troublemaking arabs 67,996
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 7 min not a ghost 1,104
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 11 min not a ghost 1,193
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min LRS 174,688
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min not a ghost 4,555
last post wins! (Dec '10) 17 min not a ghost 1,297
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 23 min not a ghost 7,699
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 97,542
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••