Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#841683 Jan 18, 2013
You're very adept at plaiyng the idiot.

Likely you're not playing at all, but are a true right wing idiot.

You nitwits have been asking th esame brainless question for weeks. A definition is easily found, yet you nitwits pretend it's a hard thing to identify.

It isn't. You're an idiot.

----------

""An assault rifle is a selective fire (either fully automatic and/or burst, and semi-automatic as well) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. It should be distinguished from the US legal term assault weapons. Assault rifles are the standard service rifles in most modern armies. Assault rifles are categorized in terms of using an intermediate cartridge power that is between light machine guns firing full power cartridges, which are intended more for sustained automatic fire in a light support role, and submachine guns, which fire a lower powered pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge. Fully automatic fire refers to an ability for a rifle to fire continuously until the magazine is empty and no rounds remain; "burst-capable" fire refers to an ability of a rifle to fire a small yet fixed multiple number of rounds with but one press of the trigger; in contrast, semi-automatic refers to an ability to fire but one round per press of a trigger. The presence of selective fire modes on assault rifles permits more efficient use of rounds to be fired for specific needs, versus having but a single mode of operation, such as fully automatic, thereby conserving ammunition while maximizing on-target accuracy and effectiveness.""
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What is an "assault" rifle?
Children's descriptions don't count. Neither do Diane Feinstein's.
Be specific.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#841684 Jan 18, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....
OK, Gilligan. You'd better go find yer island because you'll need one real quick there, sonny:>
lol! Son, you're the one on an island... the isle of stupidity!
RUSH10ME

Hayes, VA

#841686 Jan 18, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
You keep coming up with realy stupid comparisons.
The reason Obama is seeking gun control is largely because of the recent killing of 20 very young children with an assault rifle.
So, in all your mindless twisting of facts, tell us how having children with him at the signing is using them as props??
Having children there reminds all Americans of just who was killed in Newtown.
And that's what really has you angry.
Your ignorance is really easy to see right through.
BTW, Obama is not attacking the NRA. He is attacking our lax gun laws and the stupid right wing belief thst they need guns to protect themselves from the Government.
So much for patriotism from you wingnuts!!
Deep down inside, you idiots hate everything about America, especially other people's freedoms.
Anyone who publicly states they keep guns to protect them from the freely elected American Government should be arrested for sedition.
And hung as traitors.
If you hate America so much, get the hell out!!
You're not Americans at all, you're frightened nitwits behaving like children.
<quoted text>
Hung as traitors you say, glad you like the idea .
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#841685 Jan 18, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama never gave drug lords anything you vomitous cretin. They were able to get these weapons because Bush and the Republicans let the assault weapons ban expire. Obama wants to put the ban back in place and increase the penalties on gun trafficking.
You're an idiot and a racist piece of fecal matter.
"vomitous cretin"; good one!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#841687 Jan 18, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
You keep coming up with realy stupid comparisons.
The reason Obama is seeking gun control is largely because of the recent killing of 20 very young children with an assault rifle.
So, in all your mindless twisting of facts, tell us how having children with him at the signing is using them as props??
Having children there reminds all Americans of just who was killed in Newtown.
And that's what really has you angry.
Your ignorance is really easy to see right through.
BTW, Obama is not attacking the NRA. He is attacking our lax gun laws and the stupid right wing belief thst they need guns to protect themselves from the Government.
So much for patriotism from you wingnuts!!
Deep down inside, you idiots hate everything about America, especially other people's freedoms.
Anyone who publicly states they keep guns to protect them from the freely elected American Government should be arrested for sedition.
And hung as traitors.
If you hate America so much, get the hell out!!
You're not Americans at all, you're frightened nitwits behaving like children.
<quoted text>
The President was visibly touched and near tears when talking about the young girl who was killed, her parents gave him one of her paintings which he hung in his office as a reminder of what happened that day; his signing of the executive orders with those children present, his hugging those children was an absolutely heartfelt and beautiful moment.
These haters can't relate because they are lacking the compassion for fellow person gene. They are incapable. They'd rather watch someone being water boarded.
Remember when George Bush said "The constitution is nothing but an old piece of paper"?

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#841688 Jan 18, 2013
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel wrote:
Wow, did you see the first ladys new look??? Quite stunning but her knuckles are still dragging!
One thing we can both agree on is that you represent the new base of the Republican party, right?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#841689 Jan 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the military is purchased by bid, other than the personnel.
No it's not. I've never seen a CVN bid go to Hyundai. And they're the largest ship builder.

Or a sub for that matter.

And I don't recall outsourcing an Abrams bid overseas.

Or an F-15 overhaul like commercial airlines do.

Or recruitment of soldiers overseas.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#841690 Jan 18, 2013
Hmmm….i think Leosanna had another kid yesterday. no mention of a husband in this touching little story about a 21 year old who already has a 5 year old and a 3 year old. wonder why?….

NEW YORK (WABC)-- It was a remarkable scene

Thursday morning on the D train in the Bronx.

A pregnant woman on her way to a doctor's appointment went into labor.

The problem was her beautiful baby had no intention of waiting for her to get to the hospital.

So with the help of some calm and brave NYPD officers that mother gave birth right in the subway station.

After a night of inconsistent contractions, Tamika Snipe and her mom decided it was time to go to the hospital.

But at the 161st Yankee Stadium subway stop, the 21-year-old knew she couldn't make it.

"It was extremely fast. The water broke and by the time I got downstairs he was ready to go," Tamika Snipe, the mother said.

"She said,'Mommy, I'm in pain'. She said,'The baby's coming.' I said,'No, not right now.' But I looked at her face and she looked like a ghost," said Lorell Snipe, grandmother.

Fortunately, a Good Samaritan ran to the Transit Police office for help.

Officers carried her into an office there, knowing they didn't have much time.

"We move all the chairs. I put garbage bags on the floor we got everybody's coats. We threw it in the floor. We took of her cloths and the head was out," Officer Janelli Garcia said.

"The baby cried and we went from scared to elated to a relief," Officer Vargas Benitez said.

Doctors at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, say Maxwell William Snipe is in perfect health weighing 7 pounds and measuring 20 inches.

"I'm so thankful. What if I would have delivered at a different train station without police officers. I'm happy. I'm grateful," Tamika Snipe said.

Mother and baby are expected to go home in two days

Tamika's 5-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter were at school and hadn't gotten the news yet.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story...
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#841691 Jan 18, 2013
Communists say please when they asked the Russian people to give them their guns....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dedgfyXHN7s/UPbql6f...

How did that work out?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#841692 Jan 18, 2013
Show us where the Constitution says you have a right to own a Bushmaster.

You're simply a coward. A frightened old white man who feels the need for a gun to protect himself.

Typical of you puss ies, you mention Trayvon.

Well, Trayvon was unarmed, he was going home when followed by gun toting Zimmerman.

Had Zimmerman listened to the Police Dispatcher, the incident would not have occurred.

But a coward and a gun are a deadly combination.

Turns out, Zim wasn't even smart enough to stalk Trayvon without being noticed.

And when Trayvon confronted Zimmerman,(true 'stand your ground') it turned out Zim was a weak, paunchy coward.

So he pulled a gun and murdered the young man.

Bassed on your talk, you're as big a coward as Zimmerman.

And your baseless fear of 'urban muggers, rapists, murderers and home invaders' further proves you the coward.

So a handgun won't protect you??

You need an assault rifle to protect yourself??

You're both an idiot and a coward. And traitor to boot.

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us where in the Second Amendment it states you don't have the right to own any specific 'arms'.
You wrote "The founders envisioned muskets, they'd be appalled at the killing power of today's weapons."
They did? Then why didn't they specifically state in the 2nd Amendment that citizens have the right to bear muskets?
Fool. It was INTENTIONALLY left vague so as to not fence themselves in limiting how the citizenry could protect themselves.
What are "arms"? Should we let fools like you and Diane or the Boy Messiah tell us what they are? Michael Bloomberg? He's already telling us what a glass of pop looks like.
In your world, I would be limited to owning a musket, lead balls and a powder horn to protect myself against the Trayvons, urban muggers, rapists, murderers and home invaders?
While they have all the illegal sh*t they can put their hands on?
The Jerk-In-Chief can't even stop illegals from crossing the borders, illegal munitions from entering the country, illegal drugs from entering, illegal cellphone sales, illegal......etc., etc. and now we're being told that the government that loves you is going to stop illegal weapons?
You are a dumb cluck sitting in the Jesse Sharpton family tree.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#841693 Jan 18, 2013
Obama Jobs Council hits 1 year without official meeting!! I’m wondering will Obama appoint another committee to find out why his Jobs Council has failed to meet in a years and report back to him with their Finding?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#841694 Jan 18, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
Its been 3 days and no one on the right has been able to answer the question:
Why the hysteria over Obama recommending the ban of assault weapons since Reagan and G.W. Bush did the SAME thing?
So, let me answer it. You have been whipped into a frenzy over this because it now serves the interests of the Republican party to find ANY reason to marginalize Obama. The problem with picking this fight is that the majority of America realizes the lunacy of this position, even your past leadership.
This has nothing to do with the constitution and everything to do with Obama.
That's it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#841695 Jan 18, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down , my kids will hold their own and will be taking up the slack for yours , just like I do for you now , your welcome.
If your kids are like you, I am sure they are holding their own.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#841697 Jan 18, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
Hmmm….i think Leosanna had another kid yesterday. no mention of a husband in this touching little story about a 21 year old who already has a 5 year old and a 3 year old. wonder why?….
NEW YORK (WABC)-- It was a remarkable scene
Thursday morning on the D train in the Bronx.
A pregnant woman on her way to a doctor's appointment went into labor.
The problem was her beautiful baby had no intention of waiting for her to get to the hospital.
So with the help of some calm and brave NYPD officers that mother gave birth right in the subway station.
After a night of inconsistent contractions, Tamika Snipe and her mom decided it was time to go to the hospital.
But at the 161st Yankee Stadium subway stop, the 21-year-old knew she couldn't make it.
"It was extremely fast. The water broke and by the time I got downstairs he was ready to go," Tamika Snipe, the mother said.
"She said,'Mommy, I'm in pain'. She said,'The baby's coming.' I said,'No, not right now.' But I looked at her face and she looked like a ghost," said Lorell Snipe, grandmother.
Fortunately, a Good Samaritan ran to the Transit Police office for help.
Officers carried her into an office there, knowing they didn't have much time.
"We move all the chairs. I put garbage bags on the floor we got everybody's coats. We threw it in the floor. We took of her cloths and the head was out," Officer Janelli Garcia said.
"The baby cried and we went from scared to elated to a relief," Officer Vargas Benitez said.
Doctors at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, say Maxwell William Snipe is in perfect health weighing 7 pounds and measuring 20 inches.
"I'm so thankful. What if I would have delivered at a different train station without police officers. I'm happy. I'm grateful," Tamika Snipe said.
Mother and baby are expected to go home in two days
Tamika's 5-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter were at school and hadn't gotten the news yet.
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story...
Imagine that! There were good samaritans who helped this woman deliver her baby! There is hope in the world! She had her baby! She didn't have an abortion; and you now have another baby to hate.
Good thing a swine like you wasn't there to stomp on her head. You're a sick women, should be locked up.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#841696 Jan 18, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No it's not. I've never seen a CVN bid go to Hyundai. And they're the largest ship builder.
Or a sub for that matter.
And I don't recall outsourcing an Abrams bid overseas.
Or an F-15 overhaul like commercial airlines do.
Or recruitment of soldiers overseas.
Buy american....

And get this!!!!!

The Pentagon paid $998,798 to ship two 19 cent washers....

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#841698 Jan 18, 2013
A Republican-controlled committee in the Virginia State Senate voted 8-7 on Thursday to block Democrats' efforts to repeal a new mandatory ultrasound law and a set of regulations that could shut down many abortion clinics in the state. The committee also voted down a new anti-abortion bill that would have prevented Medicaid from paying for low-income women's abortions in cases where there is a severe fetal anomaly.

Virginia Republicans attracted national criticism in early 2012 when they proposed a bill requiring women to undergo invasive, medically unnecessary transvaginal ultrasound procedures before having an abortion. Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) later helped Republicans revise the bill to require only external, "jelly-on-the-belly" procedures, and he signed that version into law.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/17/virg...

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#841699 Jan 18, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Communists say please when they asked the Russian people to give them their guns....
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dedgfyXHN7s/UPbql6f...
How did that work out?
Did you go on an endless rant like this when Reagan and Bush suggested taking away your guns?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#841700 Jan 18, 2013
Obama is hitting all th eright notes, and that's what really drives these hateful wingnuts over the edge.

They're losing in the only court that counts; the court of public opinion.

When these cowards feel the need to hide behind military style weapons, we're all in trouble.

Time to get these rifles off th estreets of America.

Can't wait for the first drone strikes used on right wing anti-government militias.

And a few of these Sheriffs with big mouths getting arrested.

Just like James Yeager, all the tough talk will end, and they'll whine about how they're merely 'misunderstood'. LOL

----------

" The CEO who said that he would "start killing people" if President Barack Obama tightened gun control regulations has walked back on his comments.

"I said some pretty volatile stuff which I apologize for. I do not in any way advocate the overthrowing of the United States government, nor do I condone any violent actions towards any elected officials," James Yeager, CEO of Tactical Response, a Tennessee-based defense training company, said in a YouTube video on Friday.""

----------

Apparently, the wingnuts on this thread didn't get Yeagers memo!!

I'm lovin it as the American people support Obama on gun control!!
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The President was visibly touched and near tears when talking about the young girl who was killed, her parents gave him one of her paintings which he hung in his office as a reminder of what happened that day; his signing of the executive orders with those children present, his hugging those children was an absolutely heartfelt and beautiful moment.
These haters can't relate because they are lacking the compassion for fellow person gene. They are incapable. They'd rather watch someone being water boarded.
Remember when George Bush said "The constitution is nothing but an old piece of paper"?
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#841701 Jan 18, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Show us where the Constitution says you have a right to own a Bushmaster.
You're simply a coward. A frightened old white man who feels the need for a gun to protect himself.
Typical of you puss ies, you mention Trayvon.
Well, Trayvon was unarmed, he was going home when followed by gun toting Zimmerman.
Had Zimmerman listened to the Police Dispatcher, the incident would not have occurred.
But a coward and a gun are a deadly combination.
Turns out, Zim wasn't even smart enough to stalk Trayvon without being noticed.
And when Trayvon confronted Zimmerman,(true 'stand your ground') it turned out Zim was a weak, paunchy coward.
So he pulled a gun and murdered the young man.
Bassed on your talk, you're as big a coward as Zimmerman.
And your baseless fear of 'urban muggers, rapists, murderers and home invaders' further proves you the coward.
So a handgun won't protect you??
You need an assault rifle to protect yourself??
You're both an idiot and a coward. And traitor to boot.
<quoted text>
UC Berkeley...

To buy Armored vehicle....

http://www.ipsnews.net/2012/06/liberal-berkel...

Who are they afraid of dipschit?

They canx the order....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#841702 Jan 18, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No it's not. I've never seen a CVN bid go to Hyundai. And they're the largest ship builder.
Or a sub for that matter.
And I don't recall outsourcing an Abrams bid overseas.
Or an F-15 overhaul like commercial airlines do.
Or recruitment of soldiers overseas.
Only one place a CVN is built. Right here at Newport News Ship Building. Now a part of Northrup Grumman. The new CVNs are going to be cool. The launch deck will be one deck down while the recovery deck will remain on top. They are looking more and more like a starship with ever new model.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min wojar 180,944
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,797
Julieanne Zenz 3 hr Julieanne Zenz VR... 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr DonPanic 48,590
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 4 hr joey 4
EverGreen Belgrade 5 hr servonazis 17
Ferguson Protesters Promise 28-Hour Sit-In At C... 6 hr Liberal Lover 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:00PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
NBC Sports 4:45 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Bears season falls into irrelevancy
NBC Sports 4:50 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards
Bleacher Report 5:33 PM
Bears vs. Lions Video Highlights
Yahoo! Sports 6:07 PM
Lions, Eagles serve up Thanksgiving Day routs