Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#841665 Jan 18, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>OUR KIDS AND GRAND KIDS AND THEIR KIDS AND THEIR KIDS ARE SCREWED THANKS TO IDIOTS LIKE OBAMA.
Yeah....because before obama no rtepublican president ever ran a deficit?

LOL
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#841666 Jan 18, 2013
Wow, did you see the first ladys new look??? Quite stunning but her knuckles are still dragging!
Nj raider 1

United States

#841667 Jan 18, 2013
liberals are idiots wrote:
If keeping guns out of the hands of criminals were as easy as outlawing certain categories of guns or ammunition or more thorough background checks, then it seems that all of the existing gun laws would have been more effective at reducing gun violence and that cities with the strictest gun laws, like Washington DC and Chicago, would be among our safest. They are not.
I have yet to see convincing evidence that more burdensome federal restrictions, like those being proposed by the President, will hit the target and reduce gun violence. I have seen studies suggesting that stricter gun laws disarm law-abiding citizens and make it easier for violent criminals to operate. But Im open to reviewing new data if the President has some to offer after hes done tweeting the most recent missive from an eight-year-old.
Lets have a real conversation about the efficacy of gun laws, and what measures might prevent mass shootings and keep deadly weapons out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. Yet lets have that conversation as adults, and leave the children out of it.
I'll start this grown persons convo! Banning guns in 1 state, but not in it's neighboring states is like not banning guns at all! If all a person had to do is take a 2 hour ride & in most cases no ride at asl because money makes the world go around (meaning if I want a gun & you have guns for sale, you will delivery because I have the money)! Strict gun laws across the board will make it harder not impossible to buy a gun from off the street & ban weapons off mass destruction or murder. Then we can focus more so on the true problem, securing the borders, butt as long as legal gun purchasers can buy whatever and how ever many gone they want the street will always have someone and some where to purchase them from. As for President Obama bringing the kids on stage, aren't the kids the whole purpose of passing gun laws & restrictions? He wasn't using the kids as shields, he was reminding everybody what the new legislation on guns was all about, but with anything you do in life people can skew things the way they want to see them. You can't name 1 thing the president have done in the last for years that Republicans didn't have a problem with, so that Jeff give credence to the idea that it's not the president but the Republicans with the problem!
forks_make_us_fa t

Conway, AR

#841668 Jan 18, 2013
Thanks Journal News...

Gun owners house listed in paper robbed!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22641...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#841669 Jan 18, 2013
Erick Erickson:

Bend over Republicans, here they come again.

Phil Klein is out with a column that I can only assume comes from House Republican Leadership talking points. I can only assume that because House Republican leaders and those close to them have been whispering about this scenario for about a month now to as many Republican strategists, pundits, and others as would listen.

They want to move on.

They want the next fight. So desperate are they to move on, in January of 2013, House Republicans want their base to know they think theyll lose the House in November of 2014 unless they cave now so please let them cave.

....So lets let sequestration happen, reset the baseline for spending, pass a CR, raise the debt ceiling, and move on to the next fight. Lets catch the Democrats unprepared! Hell, weve been fighting ourselves more than him, so lets move on. Lets fight on our ground.

Right now several House Leadership staffers have gone into the bathroom to go blind at just the thought that Ive written the above paragraph.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/01/17/the-allure...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#841670 Jan 18, 2013
I see Christie out there attacking NRA maybe hes trying to garnish some Love from the Liberal Media!! In his attack towards NRA He fails to show the same moral outrage toward the President using children as props to push Gun Legislation or maybe hes just trying to get another Photo-op with the President?
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#841672 Jan 18, 2013
Obama could NOT pass a firearms background check....?????

http://www.theospark.net/2013/01/obama-could-...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#841673 Jan 18, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Thanks Journal News...
Gun owners house listed in paper robbed!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22641...
I thought you dickweeds keep telling us that crooks only rob places they know there aren't any guns?
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#841674 Jan 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
In other news the new Ford Fusion Energi, a plug-in hybrid offers up to 100 mpg with a 620 mile cruising range.
sweet, something else for rightwingers to bitch about, find fault with.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#841675 Jan 18, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>OUR KIDS AND GRAND KIDS AND THEIR KIDS AND THEIR KIDS ARE SCREWED THANKS TO IDIOTS LIKE OBAMA.
YOUR KIDS ARE SCREWED BECAUSE THEY HAVE A MEGA DUMBASS LIKE YOU IN THEIR GENES.
forks_make_us_fa t

Conway, AR

#841676 Jan 18, 2013
From the banning booze made it go away/banning guns will make them go away, and we have a bunch of dummasses as believers file....
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9QVEYAKVqzs/UPkcm4R...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#841677 Jan 18, 2013
flack wrote:
A show on the H2 channel I recommend you watch.
How William Shatner Changed The World
T whomever gave me the peanut maybe you should watch the show first.
forks_make_us_fa t

Conway, AR

#841678 Jan 18, 2013
Failed background check, a deck of cards identifying the people you want dead, and I cannot sell to you...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Xf32KSQu9vI/UPkbDpO...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#841680 Jan 18, 2013
You keep coming up with realy stupid comparisons.

The reason Obama is seeking gun control is largely because of the recent killing of 20 very young children with an assault rifle.

So, in all your mindless twisting of facts, tell us how having children with him at the signing is using them as props??

Having children there reminds all Americans of just who was killed in Newtown.

And that's what really has you angry.

Your ignorance is really easy to see right through.

BTW, Obama is not attacking the NRA. He is attacking our lax gun laws and the stupid right wing belief thst they need guns to protect themselves from the Government.

So much for patriotism from you wingnuts!!

Deep down inside, you idiots hate everything about America, especially other people's freedoms.

Anyone who publicly states they keep guns to protect them from the freely elected American Government should be arrested for sedition.

And hung as traitors.

If you hate America so much, get the hell out!!

You're not Americans at all, you're frightened nitwits behaving like children.
TSM wrote:
I see Christie out there attacking NRA maybe hes trying to garnish some Love from the Liberal Media!! In his attack towards NRA He fails to show the same moral outrage toward the President using children as props to push Gun Legislation or maybe hes just trying to get another Photo-op with the President?
RUSH10ME

Hayes, VA

#841681 Jan 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR KIDS ARE SCREWED BECAUSE THEY HAVE A MEGA DUMBASS LIKE YOU IN THEIR GENES.
Calm down , my kids will hold their own and will be taking up the slack for yours , just like I do for you now , your welcome.
forks_make_us_fa t

Conway, AR

#841682 Jan 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you dickweeds keep telling us that crooks only rob places they know there aren't any guns?
You are dummmm...

If you can't legally buy or own....what do you do dumDave?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#841683 Jan 18, 2013
You're very adept at plaiyng the idiot.

Likely you're not playing at all, but are a true right wing idiot.

You nitwits have been asking th esame brainless question for weeks. A definition is easily found, yet you nitwits pretend it's a hard thing to identify.

It isn't. You're an idiot.

----------

""An assault rifle is a selective fire (either fully automatic and/or burst, and semi-automatic as well) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. It should be distinguished from the US legal term assault weapons. Assault rifles are the standard service rifles in most modern armies. Assault rifles are categorized in terms of using an intermediate cartridge power that is between light machine guns firing full power cartridges, which are intended more for sustained automatic fire in a light support role, and submachine guns, which fire a lower powered pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge. Fully automatic fire refers to an ability for a rifle to fire continuously until the magazine is empty and no rounds remain; "burst-capable" fire refers to an ability of a rifle to fire a small yet fixed multiple number of rounds with but one press of the trigger; in contrast, semi-automatic refers to an ability to fire but one round per press of a trigger. The presence of selective fire modes on assault rifles permits more efficient use of rounds to be fired for specific needs, versus having but a single mode of operation, such as fully automatic, thereby conserving ammunition while maximizing on-target accuracy and effectiveness.""
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What is an "assault" rifle?
Children's descriptions don't count. Neither do Diane Feinstein's.
Be specific.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#841684 Jan 18, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....
OK, Gilligan. You'd better go find yer island because you'll need one real quick there, sonny:>
lol! Son, you're the one on an island... the isle of stupidity!
RUSH10ME

Hayes, VA

#841686 Jan 18, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
You keep coming up with realy stupid comparisons.
The reason Obama is seeking gun control is largely because of the recent killing of 20 very young children with an assault rifle.
So, in all your mindless twisting of facts, tell us how having children with him at the signing is using them as props??
Having children there reminds all Americans of just who was killed in Newtown.
And that's what really has you angry.
Your ignorance is really easy to see right through.
BTW, Obama is not attacking the NRA. He is attacking our lax gun laws and the stupid right wing belief thst they need guns to protect themselves from the Government.
So much for patriotism from you wingnuts!!
Deep down inside, you idiots hate everything about America, especially other people's freedoms.
Anyone who publicly states they keep guns to protect them from the freely elected American Government should be arrested for sedition.
And hung as traitors.
If you hate America so much, get the hell out!!
You're not Americans at all, you're frightened nitwits behaving like children.
<quoted text>
Hung as traitors you say, glad you like the idea .
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#841685 Jan 18, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama never gave drug lords anything you vomitous cretin. They were able to get these weapons because Bush and the Republicans let the assault weapons ban expire. Obama wants to put the ban back in place and increase the penalties on gun trafficking.
You're an idiot and a racist piece of fecal matter.
"vomitous cretin"; good one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min L Morales 71,296
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 18 min L Morales 8
Fight at Navy Pier 19 min ThejigsANDnigsAll 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Dale 182,214
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr _Zoey_ 7,872
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,925
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,798
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]