Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
treat the real issue

AOL

#841356 Jan 17, 2013
Banning guns will not save the world. Treating mental illness will help out though.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#841357 Jan 17, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean different color, racist hillbilly azzhole.
Don't be so racist, you black pieceofshit, there's as many white hillbillies as there are black.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#841358 Jan 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Like most things he will never get it. If it doesn't nearly fit into the box he has created it gets rejected.
He'll just change the argument mid-stream to fit his box. Which is why theindependantmajority is probably going to slap me when she comes online.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#841359 Jan 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you can just continue to be the total assh*le we all know you are.
You know damn well what is being discussed but hey, play your stupid childish games.
Each bullet has the same potential but hey, don't ya think if you fire more of them that the cumulative effect is more???
The effects magazine size have on "damage", until you changed it to that "would have been" world you live in.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#841360 Jan 17, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary
VICENZA, Italy (Reuters)- Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.
Asked by a soldier what President Barack Obama would do to protect school children from gun violence without infringing Americans' right to own guns, Panetta said action was needed after the attack on a Connecticut school in December in which a gunman killed 20 children and six adults.
He told members of the 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team at Vicenza that there were areas where steps could be taken,
"I mean who the hell needs armor-piercing bullets except you guys in battle?"
In the aftermath of the Connecticut shooting - the latest mass killing in the United States on a list that includes Columbine in 1999 and Virginia Tech in 2007 - Obama launched the biggest gun-control push in generations.
He asked Congress on Wednesday to approve an assault weapons ban and background checks for all gun buyers.
Panetta, who is on a week-long trip to Europe, was President Bill Clinton's chief of staff when the United States banned the sale of assault weapons in the 1990s.
"Unfortunately that ban went out of effect," he said.
He added that he was an enthusiastic hunter.
"I've been duck hunting since I was 10-years-old. I love to hunt and I love to be able to share that joy with my kids. But for the life of me, I don't know why the hell people have to have an assault weapon."
Panetta said the administration must take measures to protect children from gun violence at school.
"I think this can be done. I think steps can be taken that will not undermine the Second Amendment and at the same time try to protect some of our schools so that the nuts that are out there won't use these kinds of weapons to wipe them out," he said.
The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution gives Americans a legal right to own firearms.
Duck hunter talking about assault weapons...hahaha. let's ban shot guns!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#841361 Jan 17, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, you can own all the bullets you want, guns too, what do I care?
Thank you. Homer 2016!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#841362 Jan 17, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler and Children Obersalzberg Aug 13. 1935 ~> Remind you of something ???
http://barracudabrigade.blogspot.com/2013/01/...
I wish i could say your just ignorant but you are more than that. You are a very sick individual and what's worse you own a gun!

It still doesn't occur to you that America has a 9/11 every month almost 3000 die a month from firearms. If Al Queda wanted a master plan they could not come up with anything better than throwing all their money at the NRA & let it ride. That way they get you to kill each other off at an alarming rate, much more effective than a suicide bomber on a good day & second only to automobile accidents.

HTF you relate this 2nd amendment crap as a means of fighting back oppressive governments. I mean the government is YOU, not some foriegn power invading. Its YOUR voice as a collective that you elect to MAKE decisions for the good of the population as a whole. Those decisions INCLUDE public safety , health and security.
Yet in this fantasy world, you want to believe that a band of individuals can go up against drones, tanks, missles and all the high tech weapons available in the modern world to overthrow a government you don't like. Please, get some help!
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#841363 Jan 17, 2013
treat the real issue wrote:
Banning guns will not save the world. Treating mental illness will help out though.
I'm trying but Homer only one man and there are a lot of rightwingers to treat just on this thread alone.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#841364 Jan 17, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Duck hunter talking about assault weapons...hahaha. let's ban shot guns!
I'm down with that, you ever get shot with rock salt? well me neither just sayin'
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#841365 Jan 17, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The effects magazine size have on "damage", until you changed it to that "would have been" world you live in.
I'm feeling the groundswell of support.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#841367 Jan 17, 2013
Maybe they need to put warning labels on guns like they do on cigarette packs.

Too soon to make jokes?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#841368 Jan 17, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm down with that, you ever get shot with rock salt? well me neither just sayin'
You're very agreeable today.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#841369 Jan 17, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish i could say your just ignorant but you are more than that. You are a very sick individual and what's worse you own a gun!
It still doesn't occur to you that America has a 9/11 every month almost 3000 die a month from firearms. If Al Queda wanted a master plan they could not come up with anything better than throwing all their money at the NRA & let it ride. That way they get you to kill each other off at an alarming rate, much more effective than a suicide bomber on a good day & second only to automobile accidents.
HTF you relate this 2nd amendment crap as a means of fighting back oppressive governments. I mean the government is YOU, not some foriegn power invading. Its YOUR voice as a collective that you elect to MAKE decisions for the good of the population as a whole. Those decisions INCLUDE public safety , health and security.
Yet in this fantasy world, you want to believe that a band of individuals can go up against drones, tanks, missles and all the high tech weapons available in the modern world to overthrow a government you don't like. Please, get some help!
Got ALL the help "I" need ... ;0)

The Bible and Government
Biblical Principles: Basis for America's Laws

PRINCIPLE
Sovereign authority of God, not sovereignty of the state, or sovereignty of man

LEGAL DOCUMENT
Mayflower Compact, Declaration, Constitution, currency, oaths, mention of God in all 50 state constitutions, Pledge of Allegiance

BIBLE
Ex. 18:16, 20:3, Dt. 10:20, 2 Chron. 7:14, Ps. 83:18, 91:2, Isa. 9:6-7, Dan. 4:32, Jn. 19:11, Acts 5:29, Rom. 13:1, Col. 1:15-20, 1 Tim. 6:15

PRINCIPLE
Republican form of government and warnings against kings but in favor of Godly rulers

LEGAL DOCUMENT
Constitution

BIBLE
Ex. 18:21, Dt. 1:13, Jud. 8:22-23, 1 Sam. 8, Pr. 11:14, 24:6

To understand why some of these passages above are applicable to our laws, one has to go back to the formative era of our nation and to America's culture and thinking at the time. The leaders of the various colonies, states, and ultimately the Founding Fathers themselves were steeped in biblical thinking. They drew from the Bible examples and looked for confirmation of ideas for government in Scripture.

We had an atheist visit our site and expressed a good bit of displeasure with some of the above citations. We responded that he should relish the freedom of expression that a Christian culture put in place for him. And that he should be thankful that our culture was not founded on atheism, given the horrible result of atheistic governments in the past (such as Communist Russia, etc.).
<3

Jesus did not usher in a political kingdom. But Christianity has been the single largest influence on western society. America's Founding Fathers had the benefit of thousands of years of history to draw on when establishing their government.

http://www.faithfacts.org/christ-and-the-cult...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#841370 Jan 17, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
Maybe they need to put warning labels on guns like they do on cigarette packs.
Too soon to make jokes?
Using a gun can cause birth defects and lung cancer?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#841371 Jan 17, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The effects magazine size have on "damage", until you changed it to that "would have been" world you live in.
I did not change. My post was always about shooters with larger clips doing more damage.

Assh*le.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#841372 Jan 17, 2013
Do you know someone who needs more proof that the flu vaccine not only doesn't protect as advertised, but can be extremely dangerous?

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/studies-f...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#841373 Jan 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not change. My post was always about shooters with larger clips doing more damage.
Assh*le.
Which is wrong. The capacity of the clip doesn't determine the amount of damage a shooter can do.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#841374 Jan 17, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Got ALL the help "I" need ... ;0)
The Bible and Government
Biblical Principles: Basis for America's Laws
PRINCIPLE
Sovereign authority of God, not sovereignty of the state, or sovereignty of man
LEGAL DOCUMENT
Mayflower Compact, Declaration, Constitution, currency, oaths, mention of God in all 50 state constitutions, Pledge of Allegiance
BIBLE
Ex. 18:16, 20:3, Dt. 10:20, 2 Chron. 7:14, Ps. 83:18, 91:2, Isa. 9:6-7, Dan. 4:32, Jn. 19:11, Acts 5:29, Rom. 13:1, Col. 1:15-20, 1 Tim. 6:15
PRINCIPLE
Republican form of government and warnings against kings but in favor of Godly rulers
LEGAL DOCUMENT
Constitution
BIBLE
Ex. 18:21, Dt. 1:13, Jud. 8:22-23, 1 Sam. 8, Pr. 11:14, 24:6
To understand why some of these passages above are applicable to our laws, one has to go back to the formative era of our nation and to America's culture and thinking at the time. The leaders of the various colonies, states, and ultimately the Founding Fathers themselves were steeped in biblical thinking. They drew from the Bible examples and looked for confirmation of ideas for government in Scripture.
We had an atheist visit our site and expressed a good bit of displeasure with some of the above citations. We responded that he should relish the freedom of expression that a Christian culture put in place for him. And that he should be thankful that our culture was not founded on atheism, given the horrible result of atheistic governments in the past (such as Communist Russia, etc.).
<3
Jesus did not usher in a political kingdom. But Christianity has been the single largest influence on western society. America's Founding Fathers had the benefit of thousands of years of history to draw on when establishing their government.
http://www.faithfacts.org/christ-and-the-cult...
Must have missed that "render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's..." right? The Pope should no doubt still be the ultimate authority. You guys are sooooooo stupid that I can't help but wonder how much of my taxes have been spent keeping you off the street...oh, well, Christian values like that keep us dealing out the charity.
carol

Orlando, FL

#841375 Jan 17, 2013
It goes without saying that women my age deserve the right to protect themselves. I find that a big gaping hole in a man's chest is very effective in preventing untoward advances.
Lincoln

United States

#841376 Jan 17, 2013
Even as Republican officials maintain the GOP majority is safe, several lawmakers and longtime activists warn of far-reaching political ramifications if voters perceive Republicans as botching consequential talks on the debt ceiling, sequestration and a possible government shutdown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 17 min RACE 7,823
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 19 min RACE 4,796
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min KiMare 50,626
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 19 min Foster 24
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 21 min RACE 1,311
Word (Dec '08) 23 min RACE 4,770
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Dale 179,392
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]