Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
775,801 - 775,820 of 1,079,668 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I was in error. It's General Wesley Clark.
Kinda hard when you are making it up as you go, huh flake.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Think you are stuck on college friends, which seems a variation of college grades, which seems a variation of the birth certificate dribble.
Carol, Who is the leader of the Republican Party in Jan 2013?
I'm not sure what that means, but I was just asking what's the point of Obamacare if states can opt out and anyone can claim "religious objections"?

And how is it fair that the rest of us MUST be insured or pay a penalty?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you do, Poser, that's why you spell his wife's name Oko.(Rather doubt a candle is what you're burning.)
Hi leosnana, welcome to flack world where he pretty much makes it up as he goes.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

LIBERAL HYPOCITES wrote:
ee, the left’s totalitarian brand of “gun control” has nothing to do with controlling guns – or bad guys. Rather, it has everything to do with controlling – disarming – the law-abiding masses. It’s not about protecting the innocents. It’s about rendering the innocents defenseless.
Clichés become clichés for a reason, and the old cliché,“If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns,” rings as true today as it did whenever it was that some homespun fellow coined it.
I was disgusted – physically sickened, in fact – when Barack Obama, president of these Divided States of America, shamelessly exploited the Sandy Hook memorial service to lay the groundwork for his unconstitutional gun-confiscation scheme. It was slimy to the extreme.
I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised. That’s what liberals do. Every time some evil nutjob – pumped full of psychotropic drugs by NEA members who don’t want to deal with them – shoots-up the place, the left’s collective mouth begins to water.
“Now, finally, now!” they say, rubbing together soft hands that have never felt the surprising weight of a Sig Sauer 45.“This time we have the political momentum for sweeping gun control. This time the American people will roll over and let us trample the Second Amendment beneath jackbooted executive order or congressional fiat.”
“Let no good crisis go to waste,” right, Rahm?
Well, not so fast, cupcake. As the U.S. Constitution guarantees – and as the Supreme Court has repeatedly affirmed –“the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
It ain’t,“should not be infringed,” or “shall finally be infringed once ‘progressives’ have assumed total dominance.”
No,“shall not” means shall not.
There’s only one way to take my guns, slick, and that’s through a constitutional amendment – an amendment that will never happen – ever. Try it any other way and we have a problem.
And this whole “assault weapons ban” angle? Sensationalist propaganda. I prefer to call them “defense weapons.” Contrary to left-wing revisionist pabulum, the Second Amendment’s not about squirrel hunting.
Notice a trend here? What do Sandy Hook Elementary, Aurora Colorado’s Century 16 theatre and Columbine have in common? They’re all “gun free zones.”
Places you don’t see mass murder and mayhem? Well, there’s a reason bad guys largely avoid shooting-up gun shows, ranges, households with signs that say:“This home insured by Smith & Wesson” and Texas in general. It’s because they know – even while thick-skulled liberals don’t – that, as recently noted by the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre,“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”
Oh, that rather than “gun free zone,” Sandy Hook had a sign reading:“Staff heavily armed and trained. Any attempts to harm those herein will be met with deadly force.” Might some of those beautiful babies have still died if the P.E. coach and four MP5-bearing teachers had ended the bloodshed soon after it began? Perhaps. But how many precious lives could have been saved?
No, you won’t disarm me. You’re not going to neuter my household and tear away my ability to defend my wife and precious babies like Dad did all those years ago.
I really, really hope this president and his authoritarian cohorts in Congress will slow down, take a deep breath and realize that, right now, they’re playing a very dangerous game of chicken. If they try what I think they might, but hope they don’t, I fear this nation – already on the precipice of widespread civil unrest and economic disaster – might finally spiral into to utter chaos, into a second civil war.
But then again, that may be exactly what they have in mind.
Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/8967/is-another-...
Who wrote this tall tale, Goober? Bet it got at least a C in seventh grade contrived plot and loaded language categories...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

"I think Martin Luther King, Jr. would agree with me if he were alive today that if African Americans had been given the right to keep and bear arms from day one of the country's founding, perhaps slavery might not have been a chapter in our history." – Larry Ward, chief organizer of “Gun Appreciation Day”

so is he saying that black people should've had guns so they could shoot white people?

uh...can one of you white folks answer that one? a gun nut would be nice.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Word on the street is that FOX will be dumping about half it's staff by summertime in an effort to broaden it's appeal.
Yeah, they want to reduce their audience to the size of MSNBC.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Good gossip ....
Can you name the leader of the GOP?
Do you have one?
Woodward is a journalist and fun to read.
How many of his books have You read?
Peace !!!
Well, the former aid's remark (about Obama not liking people) made the news at the time. She later apologized for it.

Bob Woodward was the liberal's dream journalist when he was criticizing and bringing down republican presidents.

So I wouldn't call it "gossip" per se.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>They have already adjusted, and I agree adjust some more. What I do not agree with is getting rid of it entirely.
The obvious adjustment is an older age to begin collecting benefits.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Al Sharpton Rips Gun Rights Advocate For Slavery Remark: You Do Realize MLK ‘Was Killed By A Gun’?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/al-sharpton-rips-g...

doh!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I was in error. It's General Wesley Clark.
Ah, very smart guy__and a Democrat to boot.
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us where in the Second Amendment it states you have the right to own any specific 'arms'.
The 'right to bear arms' also allows the Gov't to determine which guns civilians can own.
The founders envisioned muskets, they'd be appalled at the killing power of today's weapons.
Funny how 'original intent' only applies to the words of the Constitution, not to the conditions that were present in the era the Constitution was written.
But you're not intuitive enough to understand.
There just weren't weapons like this available when the Constitution was written.
Just as you can't buy an RPG today, it will soon be that you won't be able to buy an assault rifle in the near future. DUH
No civilian has any need for these weapons of mass death.
These weapons are designed for mass killing, nothing else.
Only cowards feel the need to own one of these. Weak cowards, like all of the mass killers.
Deal with it, nitwit.
If the right is not specifically named in the Constitution then the States get to decide...

Thats why states issue marriage licenses and not nancy pelosi...

Dipshit....
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

yop wrote:
Obama is wrong.he tries to set a social system which will cost too much to people like me.indeed we must give money hardly won from our pockets to feed lazy profiteer part of the population.it s amistake.at the opposite he must tighten restrictions to make people feel like working hard to live instead of making them becoming lazy.that s the kind of policy which on a long run will bring our country to decadence.
Again huh! Working in this country is a privilege not a right, but in your eyes at least you see things in opposite spectrum. Let med put it like this, there are 316 million people in america. Dont know the percentage of adults to children, but lets just say there 150 million adults. There aren't 150 million jobs. Instead of pointing thee finger at those that don't have a job, look in the mirror at the man thats been blessed to haver of those jobs! Stupid!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure you will offer the proof of this statement, which is even more ignorant than your typical statement.
HAHA
Yawn. Same bullsht different day.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Nuculur option wrote:
Bring it, punk.
The money is all in the Northern States.\\
Just as last time, you'll have Union Armies destroying your cities, having sex with your daughters, and killing the traitors.
Go for it, you southern POS.
<quoted text>
"Punk"?? You are talking tougher and tougher now in safety behind a liberal. Media that would report others saying what YOU do. So let me tell you THIS.

I do not live in the south, but if YOU or any of your liberal ilk come to my home and say you will rape my daughter, I don't need any gun to make the rest of your life a misery. You are now advocating blind aggression and I don't see (as always) any of your ideological buddies disown these comments.

Therefore: facing a threat of having my daughter raped after people like you have me killed, I think I will simply continue to stay armed. Because I know this: when people like you SAY things like this without even trying to hide such intentions, best outcome is that you just do that, but chances are it will be much worse than this.

Boy we are in for some hairy times ahead with people like YOU around..
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Islam in Algeria, Islam the religion of almost all of the Algerian people pervades most aspects of life. The vast majority of citizens are Sunni Muslims. GF008 Safer World 2013.
Grey Ghost

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what that means, but I was just asking what's the point of Obamacare if states can opt out and anyone can claim "religious objections"?
And how is it fair that the rest of us MUST be insured or pay a penalty?
I say its still kinda hard. Wana rub this miniscule weiner I have?
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
Can anyone explain the hysteria over Obama recommending the ban of assault weapons but no one even remembers that Reagan and G.W. Bush also recommended that assault weapons be banned? Was there a different constitution back then?
Maybe Dr. Seuss can write something up at you level.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they want to reduce their audience to the size of MSNBC.
TV remains the most popular source of news, but its audience is aging:“Only about a third (34%) of those younger than 30 say they watched TV news yesterday; in 2006, nearly half of young people (49%) said they watched TV news the prior day,” the report says.

Twenty-eight percent of people 18-29 reported they watched local news regularly. In 2006, the report notes, that figure was 42 percent.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
"I think Martin Luther King, Jr. would agree with me if he were alive today that if African Americans had been given the right to keep and bear arms from day one of the country's founding, perhaps slavery might not have been a chapter in our history." – Larry Ward, chief organizer of “Gun Appreciation Day”
so is he saying that black people should've had guns so they could shoot white people?
uh...can one of you white folks answer that one? a gun nut would be nice.
Interesting, as usual. I'd never even thought that the "shall not be infringed" right was not granted to women or blacks--probably not to any non-property owners as well. Maybe the Native Americans keeping and bearing arms from the day of the 1607 invasion would have been most helpful to the current problems of the nation.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

First Lady Michelle Obama rang in her 49th birthday with a brand spankin' new Twitter account. Her handle, @FLOTUS, jumped to more than 15,000 followers in the two hours after it sent its first tweet Thursday morning, and the number continues to climb.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 min voice of peace 67,928
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 2 hr joey 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,779
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 4 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 4 hr loose cannon 19
Abby 7-24 5 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••