Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#841248 Jan 17, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us where in the Second Amendment it states you have the right to own any specific 'arms'.
The 'right to bear arms' also allows the Gov't to determine which guns civilians can own.
The founders envisioned muskets, they'd be appalled at the killing power of today's weapons.
Funny how 'original intent' only applies to the words of the Constitution, not to the conditions that were present in the era the Constitution was written.
But you're not intuitive enough to understand.
There just weren't weapons like this available when the Constitution was written.
Just as you can't buy an RPG today, it will soon be that you won't be able to buy an assault rifle in the near future. DUH
No civilian has any need for these weapons of mass death.
These weapons are designed for mass killing, nothing else.
Only cowards feel the need to own one of these. Weak cowards, like all of the mass killers.
Deal with it, nitwit.
If the right is not specifically named in the Constitution then the States get to decide...

Thats why states issue marriage licenses and not nancy pelosi...

Dipshit....
Nj raider 1

United States

#841249 Jan 17, 2013
yop wrote:
Obama is wrong.he tries to set a social system which will cost too much to people like me.indeed we must give money hardly won from our pockets to feed lazy profiteer part of the population.it s amistake.at the opposite he must tighten restrictions to make people feel like working hard to live instead of making them becoming lazy.that s the kind of policy which on a long run will bring our country to decadence.
Again huh! Working in this country is a privilege not a right, but in your eyes at least you see things in opposite spectrum. Let med put it like this, there are 316 million people in america. Dont know the percentage of adults to children, but lets just say there 150 million adults. There aren't 150 million jobs. Instead of pointing thee finger at those that don't have a job, look in the mirror at the man thats been blessed to haver of those jobs! Stupid!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#841250 Jan 17, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure you will offer the proof of this statement, which is even more ignorant than your typical statement.
HAHA
Yawn. Same bullsht different day.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#841251 Jan 17, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Bring it, punk.
The money is all in the Northern States.\\
Just as last time, you'll have Union Armies destroying your cities, having sex with your daughters, and killing the traitors.
Go for it, you southern POS.
<quoted text>
"Punk"?? You are talking tougher and tougher now in safety behind a liberal. Media that would report others saying what YOU do. So let me tell you THIS.

I do not live in the south, but if YOU or any of your liberal ilk come to my home and say you will rape my daughter, I don't need any gun to make the rest of your life a misery. You are now advocating blind aggression and I don't see (as always) any of your ideological buddies disown these comments.

Therefore: facing a threat of having my daughter raped after people like you have me killed, I think I will simply continue to stay armed. Because I know this: when people like you SAY things like this without even trying to hide such intentions, best outcome is that you just do that, but chances are it will be much worse than this.

Boy we are in for some hairy times ahead with people like YOU around..
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#841252 Jan 17, 2013
Islam in Algeria, Islam the religion of almost all of the Algerian people pervades most aspects of life. The vast majority of citizens are Sunni Muslims. GF008 Safer World 2013.
Grey Ghost

United States

#841253 Jan 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what that means, but I was just asking what's the point of Obamacare if states can opt out and anyone can claim "religious objections"?
And how is it fair that the rest of us MUST be insured or pay a penalty?
I say its still kinda hard. Wana rub this miniscule weiner I have?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#841254 Jan 17, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
Can anyone explain the hysteria over Obama recommending the ban of assault weapons but no one even remembers that Reagan and G.W. Bush also recommended that assault weapons be banned? Was there a different constitution back then?
Maybe Dr. Seuss can write something up at you level.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#841255 Jan 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they want to reduce their audience to the size of MSNBC.
TV remains the most popular source of news, but its audience is aging:“Only about a third (34%) of those younger than 30 say they watched TV news yesterday; in 2006, nearly half of young people (49%) said they watched TV news the prior day,” the report says.

Twenty-eight percent of people 18-29 reported they watched local news regularly. In 2006, the report notes, that figure was 42 percent.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#841256 Jan 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
"I think Martin Luther King, Jr. would agree with me if he were alive today that if African Americans had been given the right to keep and bear arms from day one of the country's founding, perhaps slavery might not have been a chapter in our history." – Larry Ward, chief organizer of “Gun Appreciation Day”
so is he saying that black people should've had guns so they could shoot white people?
uh...can one of you white folks answer that one? a gun nut would be nice.
Interesting, as usual. I'd never even thought that the "shall not be infringed" right was not granted to women or blacks--probably not to any non-property owners as well. Maybe the Native Americans keeping and bearing arms from the day of the 1607 invasion would have been most helpful to the current problems of the nation.
Lincoln

United States

#841258 Jan 17, 2013
First Lady Michelle Obama rang in her 49th birthday with a brand spankin' new Twitter account. Her handle, @FLOTUS, jumped to more than 15,000 followers in the two hours after it sent its first tweet Thursday morning, and the number continues to climb.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#841259 Jan 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the post what I said:
You said:
"It doesn't work like that. You have a 25% chance of hitting something whether it's one shot or 100 shots."
I said:
Really,
If you fired 25 rounds & they hit 25% of the time, you shot about 6 people.
If you shoot 100 bullets & hit 25% of the time, you shot 25 people.
Are you really this stupid?"
1)_ My point was that you hit more when you shoot 100 rounds than you would at 25 rounds regardless of your rate.
2) In my example, I said I Hit 25%- not that my rate was 25%. Is that too difficult???
3) Are you now arguing that if you shoot at a success rate of 25% you don't shoot more people when you fire 100 rounds over 25 rounds?
Each shot has a 25% chance of hitting it target. That doesn't mean your 4th shot is guaranteed to hit. It has the same 25% chance as your 1st three. It's really simple
LIBERAL HYPOCITES

Nashville, NC

#841257 Jan 17, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Bring it, punk.
The money is all in the Northern States.\\
Just as last time, you'll have Union Armies destroying your cities, having sex with your daughters, and killing the traitors.
Go for it, you southern POS.
<quoted text>
BY THE WAY DUMB ASS HOW COME YOU GOT A PIC OF
BUSH FOR NUCULUR OPTION ,IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE OBAMA!
LooTER SHooTER

United States

#841260 Jan 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
"I think Martin Luther King, Jr. would agree with me if he were alive today that if African Americans had been given the right to keep and bear arms from day one of the country's founding, perhaps slavery might not have been a chapter in our history." – Larry Ward, chief organizer of “Gun Appreciation Day”
so is he saying that black people should've had guns so they could shoot white people?
THE BLACKS WERE NOT HERE FROM DAY ONE OF OUR COUNTRY BEING FOUNDED !! Duhhhhhhh ???
Martin Looter Coon would agree with me !
Trust me with ths one Pal !
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#841262 Jan 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi leosnana, welcome to flack world where he pretty much makes it up as he goes.
From Wilhelm from Germany...

Hypocrites are us!(you)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#841263 Jan 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems she made a pretty valid point this time.
What if everyone jumps ship with states now being able to opt out of Obamacare and with the already thousands of waivers in place? How many of us will be left to pay for it?
You might not like Greta, but it's still a valid point. No?
Step away from the bong Carol__your point is invalid. We've already discussed the corporate waivers, Darden's for instance is to allow for compliance to state and in some cases municipal requirements. The Native American (reservation) exemption is, or at least should be a no brainer. Not sure about the religious exemptions/waivers, would need some details beyond yours and Greta's jibberish.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#841261 Jan 17, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you do, Poser, that's why you spell his wife's name Oko.(Rather doubt a candle is what you're burning.)
Blow it out your ear Melvin.
yes

Waterbury, CT

#841264 Jan 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
"I think Martin Luther King, Jr. would agree with me if he were alive today that if African Americans had been given the right to keep and bear arms from day one of the country's founding, perhaps slavery might not have been a chapter in our history."  Larry Ward, chief organizer of Gun Appreciation Day
yes i agree
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#841265 Jan 17, 2013
In Changing News Landscape, Even Television is Vulnerable
Trends in News Consumption: 1991-2012

The transformation of the nation’s news landscape has already taken a heavy toll on print news sources, particularly print newspapers. But there are now signs that television news – which so far has held onto its audience through the rise of the internet – also is increasingly vulnerable, as it may be losing its hold on the next generation of news consumers.

Online and digital news consumption, meanwhile, continues to increase, with many more people now getting news on cell phones, tablets or other mobile platforms. And perhaps the most dramatic change in the news environment has been the rise of social networking sites. The percentage of Americans saying they saw news or news headlines on a social networking site yesterday has doubled – from 9% to 19%– since 2010. Among adults younger than age 30, as many saw news on a social networking site the previous day (33%) as saw any television news (34%), with just 13% having read a newspaper either in print or digital form.

http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/27/in-cha...

i'm an old fart and I never watch tv news anymore. much better informed for it.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#841266 Jan 17, 2013
Last comment here. Will now close and move to another place.

To all the ones not in love with Obama, wake up and stop engaging liberals on Internet fora. It is more important to band together now. Think about it and give half the liberal comments her a second look. If you keep acting like a fool, then you're on your own when things happen.

Finally, if you voted Obama, but now have second thoughts, you are to me an idiot, but you can redeem your sanity by starting to use your brain, turn off Amerucan Idol, stop reading people magazine and otherwise pretend we all belong together.

I already told an old friend of mine, who went out in the local paper "as a medical professional I"... Agitating for gun grabs and likewise told our other common friends to make a choice...

We can win this but NOT by cozying up to LIBS and think we can make them understand us. Wake up you fools!!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#841267 Jan 17, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
No! Appears some on the right wing are on the side of the criminals if they can make a profit from selling guns, even if our children are killed as a result.
Cracking down on background checks and registration meets no resistance from hardly anyone.

But the problem is and always will be mentally unbalanced people who can and will find a gun if they are determined to do so.

The real problem, of course, is the number of young people who seemingly have no conscience and asking ourselves who is responsible for failing to instill in them a clear sense of right and wrong.

These kinds of mass murders were once very rare and far between. We had four in one year. We, as a society, are obviously doing something wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min J RULES 69,347
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min loose cannon 177,958
In Chicago's war zones, the tragedy extends bey... 34 min SMH 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min litesong 46,575
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 49 min what a loser 4,017
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 1 hr SLY WEST 1,121
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 1 hr joey 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 98,196
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search