Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,789)

Showing posts 775,761 - 775,780 of1,072,300
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LIBERAL HYPOCITES

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Obama, a constitutional lawyer, appears to have used his executive power well within the law for gun regulation so far. Reuters reports,A federal appeals court signaled on Wednesday it was prepared to uphold a regulation designed to detect the sale of semi-automatic rifles to Mexican drug cartels, one of the few gun control measures put forward so far by the Obama administration. Republicans have also tried to defund this gun reporting regulation.
----------
Obama's Fast and Furious Cover-Up
Friday, 22 Jun 2012 02:46 PM
By David Limbaugh
Share:
More ...
A A |
Email Us |
Print |
Forward Article
inShare
Few principles are more important to our constitutional scheme than the separation of powers, which is precisely why President Obama's bogus assertion of executive privilege to thwart Congress' investigation into Fast and Furious is so inexcusable.
Executive privilege is an important safeguard against congressional overreach and to preserve the separation of powers. The inherent right of the executive to protect highly sensitive information has long been recognized, and the privilege was judicially established during the Watergate era.
As such, Congress should not go on fishing expeditions against a president to score political points. But neither should a president assert the privilege to obstruct a legitimate investigation when there appears to be no colorable claim to the privilege. This trivializes the privilege and the separation of powers it is designed to protect.
Legal experts agree that the privilege applies to communications to which the president or an adviser acting on his behalf is a party. But they disagree about whether it applies to internal communications within executive agencies when neither the president nor his representative were involved in those communications.
As the communications for which the privilege is being asserted here were reportedly internal Justice Department communications, many view the privilege claim dubiously.
But even when the privilege is applicable, it is qualified and can be overcome when Congress demonstrates it has a substantial need for the information it seeks. In this case, Congress is seeking relevant information from the Justice Department, which it has been trying to obtain for more than a year.
At every turn, Attorney General Eric Holder has stonewalled and obstructed congressional investigators. He is withholding thousands of pertinent documents, using an internal investigation as cover. It was because of Holder's persistent refusal to cooperate that Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., threatened to hold him in contempt.
At the last minute, President Obama, who had claimed from the outset that he had no prior knowledge of the operation, asserted the privilege on Holder's behalf, as only the president can invoke this important privilege.
The attorney general has a unique responsibility as a special steward to see that the laws are fairly and equally administered, and the Justice Department is the last federal agency that should be involved in a cover-up to obstruct the legal process. Both Holder and Obama are betraying that trust by the specious assertion of privilege in this case.
Fast and Furious was a reckless operation from the beginning, which must not be repeated. Congress has an interest in investigating all the facts both to prevent similar debacles in the future and to ensure that responsible officials are held accountable.
Obama and Holder have assured Congress and the American people that they will get to the bottom of the facts and that the culpable parties will be held accountable. But so far they have protected, and sometimes rewarded, their political appointees high up on the food chain and punished the whistleblowers who brought this into the open.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Limbaugh/Obama-Fast-Fu...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we ridicule you no matter what you say, just keep zigging and zagging my non-friend.
Knowing who your "we" consists of, gives Homer and "us" oodles of resistance to taking your "redicule" seriously.
LIBERAL HYPOCITES

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Holder has been caught twice deceiving Congress, and he claimed both instances were inadvertent. His excuse for misrepresenting when he'd learned about the operation by some 10 months was that he hadn't read emails sent to him informing him of it.

Congress has a substantial need to know and a duty to pursue answers to: why Holder misled Congress; why the Department of Justice lied to Congress in a Feb. 4, 2011, letter in which they denied knowledge of gunwalking when internal documents proved they knew; why Fast and Furious was conceived in the first place; why ATF didn't allow its agents to track the weapons once they were sold; why no one at Main Justice has been punished; who ultimately authorized the operation; why Mexican authorities were kept in the dark about an operation that resulted in the injury and death of hundreds of Mexican citizens; why DOJ officials approved wiretap applications if they didn't read them thoroughly enough to discover that gunwalking was involved in the operation; and whether and when Obama had any knowledge of the operation.

What possible legitimate basis national security or otherwise does Obama have to deprive Congress of the requested information? This is an arrogant and lawless cover-up that appears calculated to buy this administration time until after the November election. Republicans should not back down. Though it acts like it, this defiant administration is not above the law.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Limbaugh/Obama-Fast-Fu...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I was amazed at how fast old George ducked!
It was almost as fast as when people duck when they see you in public or about the same as when Hillary threw the frying pan at Bill.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
As does Alabama and Kentucky.
both have a large entitlement society which is true which I couldnt believe when I was there.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bears don't have arms?
I suppose just about anyone has the right to bear arms.

You've just gotta catch that darned bear first, though.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
For every NRA member, there are 50 Americans who treasure their Second Amendment rights.
Even if they don't own a gun.
Please show us where in the Second Amendment you are guarenteed th eright to buy an assault weapon.

The 'right to bear arms' also allows the Government to determine which 'arms' civilians are allowed to own. DUH

Meaning you can own all th ewmuskets you want. That's what the forefathers envisioned. They'd recoil at today's weapons.

Just as you can't buy an RPG today, so will it mean you can't buy an assault rifle in the near future.

Case closed.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> No it was Al Gore And Colin Powell the first time. Try to keep up. By the way she enjoyed Colin Powell. She thought Al Gore was a nut case. Not bad for a ten year old at the time.
Well after 10 years of brainwashing at the hands of her father what you expect?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, perhaps she'll be inspired by the first black President who fought for womens rights; appointed 2 women to the Supreme Court, fought for gay marriage, dismantled DADT, ended two wars, implemented universal healthcare...maybe she'll even meet and marry a black man as well. Maybe your grandchildren will be mixed race, maybe then a backward person like yourself will evolve.
The future is our young people, they're the ones who die in our wars. I only hope for her that you havent' turned her into a racist rightwing hater.
"Imagine all the people, living in harmony. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."
She's baptist lily. She has a boyfriend. Awe yes the libtard list of fairytale dreams. John was a great musician but a pipe dreamer libtard. Especially after he got hooked up with that loony tune Oko.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Even a Chicago ghetto scumbag is correct occasionally.

The facts in Chicago speak for themselves, and nobody cares, including the Chicago cops.

Thinning the herd is always beneficial.
Yes hillbilly azzhole.
The real reason the NRA fights for gun rights.
The black genocide is the republicans dirty little secret.
As long as blacks kill each other, the white establishment is happy.
BUT when whites start committing the mass murders of women and children it fks up their plans.
Too bad.
Dumb white murders will take the blame for Obama to confiscate your guns.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>By making the age older and older this will increase the anger towards SS and Medicare which they basically want to get rid of. And they are hoping people will die on the job before they can take advantage of either.
Life expectancy for white males when SS was passed was approximately 62 years and the retirement age was 65, so more than half of the taxpayers never received any benefits. Now the life expectancy is 77 years and early retirement is available at age 62. Surely that must tell you that some adjustment to the program is required for financial solvency.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

17 March 2012/
Rudolph Hess committed suicide 25 years ago at age 93 years old with an electrical cord. Conspiracy theories have long suggested that he was murdered and the evidence covered up amid fears he was on the brink of being released and might disclose embarassing secrets about his time in British captivity. He had a suicide note. A soviet veto stopped his release. Report states that Hess killed himself using an electrical cord not belt 1.4 m from the floor. Rudolp Hess it is said would bum cigerettes from guards at Spandau Prison even though he didn't smoke then report guards to Commanding Officer. GF008 Safer World 2013. I say good riddance.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>LA & Chicago seem similar socially and economically.
Actually, they are very different in many ways.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Let us look at it this way. If a republican president was elected and 4 years later the unemployment rate is exactly the same (7.9%), the economy had not improved, in fact was set to get much worse, would the republicans not only nominate him/her again? Much less elect him/her? I doubt it.
See Reagan.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

Don't take Homer's word for it look at the unemployment graph.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> No it was Al Gore And Colin Powell the first time. Try to keep up. By the way she enjoyed Colin Powell. She thought Al Gore was a nut case. Not bad for a ten year old at the time.
So the question remains__who the fuhell is Gen West???

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Most all assault weapons can easily be made into automatic ones.
Thank God for that. The day Obamas ATF thugs along with drones and gas will come to "disarm" law-abiding citizens, such a fix will be needed.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not correct either. All such statistics have variability, a standard deviation which may be very large.
I said I hit 25% of my targets. This makes it a done event.

This isn't saying Tom Brady's completion rate this year is 60%, this is looking at the box score & seeing he completed 18 of 30 passes.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the post what I said:

You said:
"It doesn't work like that. You have a 25% chance of hitting something whether it's one shot or 100 shots."

I said:
Really,

If you fired 25 rounds & they hit 25% of the time, you shot about 6 people.

If you shoot 100 bullets & hit 25% of the time, you shot 25 people.

Are you really this stupid?"

1)_ My point was that you hit more when you shoot 100 rounds than you would at 25 rounds regardless of your rate.

2) In my example, I said I Hit 25%- not that my rate was 25%. Is that too difficult???

3) Are you now arguing that if you shoot at a success rate of 25% you don't shoot more people when you fire 100 rounds over 25 rounds?
You're worried about people using carols name, yet waste time arguing with that fkn imbecile Eman?
Get your priorities in order.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Most all assault weapons can easily be made into automatic ones.
yeap you are correct

How to turn ANY semi-automatic into a fully-automatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>Reading any of Galt's posts.
One need not own even a single firearm to have respect for the Constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 775,761 - 775,780 of1,072,300
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min LRS 173,632
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min No Warming 45,492
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 49 min newpoly 1,830
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 395
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 3 hr Obama Sucks 7,562
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMare 48,690
Abby 7-11 3 hr edogxxx 11
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE