Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
775,721 - 775,740 of 1,079,026 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> She was there the first time too. Seeing a seminar by Condi Rice and another by General West will be more than enough reward for standing in the cold watching the president being sworn in for the second time. Besides in her old age she can tell her great grand children she was there both times when the worst president in US history was inaugurated. LMAO!!!
Or, perhaps she'll be inspired by the first black President who fought for womens rights; appointed 2 women to the Supreme Court, fought for gay marriage, dismantled DADT, ended two wars, implemented universal healthcare...maybe she'll even meet and marry a black man as well. Maybe your grandchildren will be mixed race, maybe then a backward person like yourself will evolve.
The future is our young people, they're the ones who die in our wars. I only hope for her that you havent' turned her into a racist rightwing hater.
"Imagine all the people, living in harmony. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>By making the age older and older this will increase the anger towards SS and Medicare which they basically want to get rid of. And they are hoping people will die on the job before they can take advantage of either.
That was kind of the hope when ss was introduced

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans would love to face an anti-gun New Yorker with a terminal accent. Adding a traitor would be icing on the cake.
But it won't happen. The Democrats will never nominate a white male.
Let us look at it this way. If a republican president was elected and 4 years later the unemployment rate is exactly the same (7.9%), the economy had not improved, in fact was set to get much worse, would the republicans not only nominate him/her again? Much less elect him/her? I doubt it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

It didn’t take long for a panel of conservative women Wednesday night to begin mocking the men on their own side of the aisle.

“Is there anyone more tongue-tied than a Republican politician talking about women?” panel moderator Christina Hoff Sommers asked.

After strong support from women voters helped re-elect President Obama in November, the right-wing Independent Women’s Forum convened a panel to discuss how to bring women into the conservative fold. The four female panelists explained to a room packed with both young and older women as well as some men how the conservative movement was failing to appeal to young women. In particular, they took aim at conservative men.

Hoff Sommers, an author and American Enterprise Institute fellow known for her attacks on the feminist movement, instead saved her most pointed criticisms Wednesday night for the older, male politicians who she said were alienating young women voters.

“We have some problematic allies,” Hoff Sommers said in her opening remarks.“Conservative leaders and funders, they don’t take women’s issues seriously.”

“I’m not sure what’s worse: conservatives ignoring women’s issues, or conservatives addressing them,” she said as the audience laughed.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/co...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Or a shoe.
I was amazed at how fast old George ducked!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
That s not what I said.
I said if he hit 25% of your targets & shoot 100 rounds, you hit 25 people.
Try to keep up.
That's not correct either. All such statistics have variability, a standard deviation which may be very large.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
But that would be illegal, so prosecute the crime.
The left wingnuts prefer making laws to restrict freedom instead of fixing the real problems.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is squishy lefties like you making excuses for violent criminals and allowing the mentally ill to walk the streets.
The Aurora theater killer should already have been tried and executed.
Same for the Muslim Army killer.
Your thinking seems more in line with North Korea, Iran...

Old axis of evil: North Korea, Iran, Iraq

New: North Korea, Iran, John 'Nobama' Galt.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Or a shoe.
You need one?
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, perhaps she'll be inspired by the first black President who fought for womens rights; appointed 2 women to the Supreme Court, fought for gay marriage, dismantled DADT, ended two wars, implemented universal healthcare...maybe she'll even meet and marry a black man as well. Maybe your grandchildren will be mixed race, maybe then a backward person like yourself will evolve.
The future is our young people, they're the ones who die in our wars. I only hope for her that you havent' turned her into a racist rightwing hater.
"Imagine all the people, living in harmony. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."
That sound you heard just now was Flack having a stroke.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean different color.
Even a Chicago ghetto scumbag is correct occasionally.

The facts in Chicago speak for themselves, and nobody cares, including the Chicago cops.

Thinning the herd is always beneficial.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans are threatening to impeach Obama over executive action on gun control, but many presidents have issued executive orders on gun control, including George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton.
First Larry Pratt went impeachment nuts and then yesterday, Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX) threatened that he would file articles of impeachment against President Barack Obama if he uses the power of his office to address gun control.
Stockman, who must not be familiar with the Constitution or history, claimed an executive order would be “unconstitutional” and “infringe on our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms.” Stockman seems to get his news from the Daily Caller, Drudge and Fox News, because he believes,“If the president is allowed to suspend constitutional rights on his own personal whims, our free republic has effectively ceased to exist.”
President Obama hinted he might use executive action to address gun violence in his presser Monday. And then, Monday night Rep. Jackie Speier told Chris Matthews of MSNBC,“Vice President Joe Biden indicated there were some 19 areas he was able to identify that the president could take action on through executive order. He didn’t go into detail on what they might be, but suffice it to say, there will be some considered that will not require Congressional action.”
This translates in Republicanese to the demise of our Republic, also known as a Democrat not even using all of the executive power Republicans grant to their own party when they’re in power. Republicans are apparently unfamiliar with the constitutional legitimacy of using the executive office in this manner. Here are the facts:
In 1952, the Supreme Court ruled that executive orders could not make new law. Executive orders are therefore supposed to be about enforcing a current law or helping manage the enforcement of a current law. This is a matter of interpretation, and subject to argument on both sides. Whatever the President does, it will no doubt end up being challenged and argued in court (as it should be).
....But Obama could also follow George W. Bush’s example and use the “security” of the nation in order to justify just about any law he wanted to impose regarding gun safety (I’m not advocating this, but it’s worth mentioning since Republicans don’t seem to understand how their abuses of power can be used against them later).
Obama, a constitutional lawyer, appears to have used his executive power well within the law for gun regulation so far. Reuters reports,“A federal appeals court signaled on Wednesday it was prepared to uphold a regulation designed to detect the sale of semi-automatic rifles to Mexican drug cartels, one of the few gun control measures put forward so far by the Obama administration.” Republicans have also tried to defund this gun reporting regulation.
http://www.politicususa.com/presidents-bush-c...
Republicans are notorious for wasting the peoples money on bullshyt hearings.
sev7en

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

PERFECT PRACTICE LIVE IN THE MOMENT SEVEN SAMBOS AND 3 LIBS MEANS GOOD AIM FAST RELOAD PRACTICE BREATH BE willing be in the moment muscle memory BLACK PEOPLE RESPECT BIG BOI OUTCAST FREEDOM PEACE
yop

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Obama is wrong.he tries to set a social system which will cost too much to people like me.indeed we must give money hardly won from our pockets to feed lazy profiteer part of the population.it s amistake.at the opposite he must tighten restrictions to make people feel like working hard to live instead of making them becoming lazy.that s the kind of policy which on a long run will bring our country to decadence.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>General West?
The AF test pilot guy? Or the Stargate guy?
Thought you changed it to Powell__who is it??? Inquiring minds__
No it was Al Gore And Colin Powell the first time. Try to keep up. By the way she enjoyed Colin Powell. She thought Al Gore was a nut case. Not bad for a ten year old at the time.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't get is you don't hit 25% of your targets. Each target has a 25% chance of getting hit!
Here is the post what I said:

You said:
"It doesn't work like that. You have a 25% chance of hitting something whether it's one shot or 100 shots."

I said:
Really,

If you fired 25 rounds & they hit 25% of the time, you shot about 6 people.

If you shoot 100 bullets & hit 25% of the time, you shot 25 people.

Are you really this stupid?"

1)_ My point was that you hit more when you shoot 100 rounds than you would at 25 rounds regardless of your rate.

2) In my example, I said I Hit 25%- not that my rate was 25%. Is that too difficult???

3) Are you now arguing that if you shoot at a success rate of 25% you don't shoot more people when you fire 100 rounds over 25 rounds?

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
It didn’t take long for a panel of conservative women Wednesday night to begin mocking the men on their own side of the aisle.
“Is there anyone more tongue-tied than a Republican politician talking about women?” panel moderator Christina Hoff Sommers asked.
After strong support from women voters helped re-elect President Obama in November, the right-wing Independent Women’s Forum convened a panel to discuss how to bring women into the conservative fold. The four female panelists explained to a room packed with both young and older women as well as some men how the conservative movement was failing to appeal to young women. In particular, they took aim at conservative men.
Hoff Sommers, an author and American Enterprise Institute fellow known for her attacks on the feminist movement, instead saved her most pointed criticisms Wednesday night for the older, male politicians who she said were alienating young women voters.
“We have some problematic allies,” Hoff Sommers said in her opening remarks.“Conservative leaders and funders, they don’t take women’s issues seriously.”
“I’m not sure what’s worse: conservatives ignoring women’s issues, or conservatives addressing them,” she said as the audience laughed.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/co...
Power to the women!!
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text>Let us look at it this way. If a republican president was elected and 4 years later the unemployment rate is exactly the same (7.9%), the economy had not improved, in fact was set to get much worse, would the republicans not only nominate him/her again? Much less elect him/her? I doubt it.
What kind of idiots would vote for a party that almost destroyed the global economy, started two unfunded wars, bombed the wrong country, ended regulations on banks, and is infested with uneducated fanatics???
Who did you vote for last election, dkhead?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
80% of the country wants gun control.
Yeah Right, the same thing was said too by the same bunch that Dianne Feinstein surrounds herself with in the Democrat party and when the Democrats passed their 1994 Federal Assaults Weapons Ban that same year it cost them in the Federal Election of control of both the House and the Senate which became under the Control of the Republicans and the Democrats are going to repeat the same mistake.

104th United States Congress

Duration: January 3, 1995 – January 3, 1997

Senate Majority: Republican Party

House Majority: Republican Party

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/104th_United_Sta...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine; smoke signals then. I wouldn't want my daughter to attend Bush inaugeration; she may have gotten hit by eggs and stuff
What an idiot. You libturds are so intolerant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min Frijoles 68,368
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 6 min Corrupt Democrats 1,855
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 44 min edogxxx 97,516
Abby 7-24 46 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-24 49 min edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 52 min lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 174,513
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••