Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#841072 Jan 17, 2013
Right to bear arms.

Right to own a gun.

Can anyone explain the subtle differences?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#841073 Jan 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is on the side of killers, Lily. This is the kind of statement that turns rational people against the liberal craziness.
There are millions of guns out there. You don't think criminals won't find a way to get one even if you take away as many as possible from law abiding citizens?
So your solution to this problem is to do nothing? There are millions because gun nuts want no restriction. The gun mentality of this nation is beyond insane. We have more hand guns than the next 17 nations combined, when is enough enough? We have over 3,000 children killed by guns annually, so we should do nothing about that either.

The NRA has one purpose and that is to make money, they couldn't care less about the constitution or your rights. They are heartless uncaring heathens who obstruct lie with an agenda and to gain support of the less intelligent in our society. Enter Republicans who are of the very same mold.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#841074 Jan 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Owning automatic weapons is illegal in this country. Stupid libtard. See this the mental midget of libtardism. They make shit up and then forget they made it up and believe it's real. Libtardism is a mental disease.
Actually, it is legal to own automatic weapons.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#841076 Jan 17, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
Wild West Era Had Stricter Gun Control Than America Has Today
Despite the exaggerated violent stereotypes perpetuated by dime novels and Hollywood, the so-called Wild West wasn't quite as violent as we've been led to believe over the years.
Take, for example, the 1881 "Gunfight at the O.K. Corral," the most famous shootout in the history of the Old West. A mere three people died in this gunfight---an event that would be barely noticed in today's blood-soaked America, where many thousands of people are gunned down annually.
And yet, the O.K. Corral shootout has come to symbolize a wild, lawless West. It's part of the mythology of America that NRA gun lovers claim captures the "rugged individualism" and essence of what our nation is all about (as they furiously work to oppose any and all gun legislation as downright "un-American").
There's only one problem: the image of the Old West that exists in the popular imagination is largely fictional. It's all part of a myth that was created in the late 19th century by the dime novel authors, who enthralled their breathless, eager readers back East. The "Wild West" fantasy created by the dime novel was later taken up by generations of Hollywood films.
Any serious historian will tell you that the truth about the Wild West is rather more mundane. The Wild West era, in fact, was considerably less bloody than the violent reputation it has garnered over the years.
The "Wild West" was populated by a different class of people than the Chicago ghetto.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#841077 Jan 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Take an "assault weapon", remove the pistol grip, and the firearm is no longer an assault weapon.
Most all assault weapons can easily be made into automatic ones.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#841078 Jan 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Owning automatic weapons is illegal in this country. Stupid libtard. See this the mental midget of libtardism. They make shit up and then forget they made it up and believe it's real. Libtardism is a mental disease.
Exactly!
Lincoln

United States

#841079 Jan 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So your solution to this problem is to do nothing? There are millions because gun nuts want no restriction. The gun mentality of this nation is beyond insane. We have more hand guns than the next 17 nations combined, when is enough enough? We have over 3,000 children killed by guns annually, so we should do nothing about that either.
The NRA has one purpose and that is to make money, they couldn't care less about the constitution or your rights. They are heartless uncaring heathens who obstruct lie with an agenda and to gain support of the less intelligent in our society. Enter Republicans who are of the very same mold.
Republicans seem leaderless after letting radio talking heads direct the party into the defeat in 2012.
same

Waterbury, CT

#841080 Jan 17, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, grampy.
Kkkoward!!!!!
THIS WHAT I CALL A LIB CONTROLLED NWORD SAMBO WHJ IS TRAINED TO BE THE MOD kkk lol sambo dem

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#841081 Jan 17, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>You lie! You are about as rightwing as they come. If I thought about this president like you do there is no way I would let my daughter attend his inauguration, if Homer had said daughter. Give the invite to someone who actually wants to go.
You can't give the invite away numbnuts. You think they let just anybody get near the president? This isn't like going to a football game. Libtards are SO stupid!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#841083 Jan 17, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>You lie! You are about as rightwing as they come. If I thought about this president like you do there is no way I would let my daughter attend his inauguration, if Homer had said daughter. Give the invite to someone who actually wants to go.
Inaugurations are historical events, not pep rallies. Opponents of the leader should be just as welcome as supporters.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#841085 Jan 17, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>I opened up with - when the shooting starts Homer moves in a zigzag to avoid being shot or something in that regards to which I was ridiculed by your fellow rightwingers. I guess they prefer the cower mode.
Well, we ridicule you no matter what you say, just keep zigging and zagging my non-friend.

Loysville, PA

#841086 Jan 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Alcohol is not protected by the constitution dumbass. Libtards are SO stupid!!!
That is not the argument you & others have been making, flacktard.

You know the argument I am talking about.

Its the guns don't kill, people do argument.

Guns are not protected by the Constitution. Guns don't have rights.
Lincoln

United States

#841087 Jan 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
For every NRA member, there are 50 Americans who treasure their Second Amendment rights.
Even if they don't own a gun.
There's growing angst among Republicans that the party's House majority ..........
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#841088 Jan 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Alcohol is not protected by the constitution dumbass. Libtards are SO stupid!!!
Speaking of alcoholics...It shows bigtime. Soon you will be able to hide your own Easter eggs. That cell count is way down, almost to Carols level.

Loysville, PA

#841089 Jan 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you fire three shots and miss all three, you still have only a 25% chance of hitting the fourth shot.
That s not what I said.

I said if he hit 25% of your targets & shoot 100 rounds, you hit 25 people.

Try to keep up.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#841093 Jan 17, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
Here, here!! or is it Hear, Hear? Totally agree with you.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Reince Pubis is busy at work:

Earlier this week, Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus endorsed a Republican plan to rig the next presidential election to make it nearly impossible for the Democratic candidate to win the White House, no matter who the American people vote for. The election-rigging plan, which would allocate electoral votes by congressional district rather than by states as a whole in a handful of states that consistently vote for Democratic presidential candidates, would have allowed Mitt Romney to narrowly win the Electoral College last November despite losing the popular vote by nearly four points.

On Monday, seven Pennsylvania Republican state representatives introduced a bill to make this vote-rigging scheme a reality in their state. Under their bill, the winner of Pennsylvania as a whole will receive only 2 of the state’s 20 electoral votes, while “[e]ach of the remaining presidential electors shall be elected in the presidential elector’s congressional district.”

Pennsylvania is a blue state that voted for the Democratic presidential candidate in every single presidential race for the last two decades, so implementing the GOP election-rigging plan in Pennsylvania would make it much harder for a Democrat to be elected to the White House. Moreover, because of gerrymandering, it is overwhelmingly likely that the Republican candidate will win a majority of Pennsylvania’s electoral votes even if the Democrat wins the state by a very comfortable margin.

http://thinkprogress.org/

Is this legal?
same

Waterbury, CT

#841091 Jan 17, 2013
dem wrote:
When will you retire? The traditional answer may be 62 or 65, but an influential group of business CEOs is pushing a plan to gradually increase the full retirement age to 70. "The recommendations are based on what's best for the country," says Business Roundtable President John Engler. His group's plan would raise the full retirement age for both Social Security and Medicare. The changes would not affect anyone is now 55 and older. "Implementing changes now and implementing them gradually over a long period of time realizes dramatic savings down the road without putting an impact on individuals," says Engler.
Your wealthy heroes are demanding you work till you die, tea bag minions.
THIS SAMBO DUNCE IS 40 YEARS behind its betters old news sambo dunce nothing new

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#841095 Jan 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is legal to own automatic weapons.
yeap your correct its legal, the one neighbor owns a World War 2 Water Cooled Machine gun and has all the Federal Paperwork to own it.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

#841097 Jan 17, 2013
AlQaeda was formed August 11, 1988 by veterans of the Anti-Soviet cival war in Afghanistan. GF008 Safer World 2013.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#841096 Jan 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Most all assault weapons can easily be made into automatic ones.
Exactly, Flack didn't get the memo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 17 min andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 27 min andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 40 min andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 69,396
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 1 hr Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 2 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago