Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
775,481 - 775,500 of 1,084,329 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

'Perhaps if Carl Grace, Ben McGahee or Lynda Sorensen worked in the mental health field, six people wouldn't have had to die that January morning in Tucson. But committing Loughner to a mental institution in Arizona would have required a court order stating that he was a danger to himself and others.

Innumerable studies have found a correlation between severe mental illness and violent behavior. Thirty-one to 61 percent of all homicides committed by disturbed individuals occur during their first psychotic episode -- which is why mass murderers often have no criminal record. There's no time to wait with the mentally ill.

James Holmes, the accused Aurora, Colo., shooter, was under psychiatric care at the University of Colorado long before he shot up a movie theater. According to news reports and court filings, Holmes told his psychiatrist, Dr. Lynne Fenton, that he fantasized about killing "a lot of people," but she refused law enforcement's offer to place Holmes under confinement for 72 hours.

However, Fenton did drop Holmes as a patient after he made threats against another school psychiatrist. And after Holmes made threats against a professor, he was asked to leave campus. But he wasn't committed. People who knew he was deeply troubled just pushed him onto society to cause havoc elsewhere.

Little is known so far about Adam Lanza, the alleged Newtown, Conn., elementary school shooter, but anyone who could shoot a terrified child and say to himself, "That was fun -- I think I'll do it 20 more times!" is not all there.

It has been reported that Lanza's mother, his first victim, was trying to have him involuntarily committed to a mental institution, triggering his rage. If true -- and the media seem remarkably uninterested in finding out if it is true -- Mrs. Lanza would have had to undergo a long and grueling process, unlikely to succeed.

As The New York Times' Joe Nocera recently wrote: "Connecticut's laws are so restrictive in terms of the proof required to get someone committed that Adam Lanza's mother would probably not have been able to get him help even if she had tried."

Taking guns away from single women who live alone and other law-abiding citizens without mental illnesses will do nothing about the Chos, Loughners, Holmeses or Lanzas. Such people have to be separated from civil society, for the public's sake as well as their own. But this is nearly impossible because the ACLU has decided that being psychotic is a civil right.

Consequently, whenever a psychopath with a million gigantic warning signs commits a shocking murder, the knee-jerk reaction is to place yet more controls on guns. By now, guns are the most heavily regulated product in America.

It hasn't worked.

Even if it could work -- and it can't -- there are still subway tracks, machetes, fists and bombs. The most deadly massacre at a school in U.S. history was at an elementary school in Michigan in 1927. It was committed with a bomb. By a mentally disturbed man.

How about trying something new for once?'
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about guns you'd know that in three seconds most people could get out of the effective accuracy range of a handgun. Or they would be able to get to the shooter. And I doubt there are many people that can change clips in three seconds.
Just did it with a 10\22 .
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2013 wrote:
When the shooting starts Homer always moves in a zigzag pattern, it's much harder to be shot.
you obviously also do the same when the boss is handing out work.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2013 wrote:
When the shooting starts Homer always moves in a zigzag pattern, it's much harder to be shot.
Hi Homer, I'm curious to know how you determine whether to ZIG or ZAG? And do you Zig first? By the way didn't you just love the election. I think Romney must have zaged when he was supposed to zig.
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
More meaningless crap from JIM-JIM, better know as WAXTURDS;
"the turd that just won't flush"!!
What would you propose to do about flushing the turd in the WH mr poop expert?

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how rediculous you are.
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/2013SB-00122...
Of course, a Democrat proposed this.
Idiot.
I saw all the judge-its so I knew you were back waxturd/jimmy/goober. Here's your lesson for the day:
If you remember from your NRA gun safety course, never let the bad guy get any closer than 20 feet. The reason for this is that even if you shoot him, he will still have a good chance to reach you and use your own gun against you before the bullet takes effect. So using NRA data, a good guy should be able to travel 20 feet in three seconds and have an opportunity to disable the bad guy and at least save others.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>SOOO you can't refute what i wrote because it is true. the morning quiz is:
which party encouraged and funded the destruction of the black family in America?
which party dismantled the mental health system that keeps the criminally insane off the streets?
Being desperate and embarrassed by your own party obviously has taken its toll.
Bumpass Hillbilly

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, by the time you eject the clip and fumble for another one having experience this a number of times as opposed to these know it all programmed draft dodgers on the right, i'm betting far more like 8 to 10 seconds. A hell of a lot can happen in that amount of time. I will guarantee if I'm within 10 to 15 yards of that idiot I can be all over him before he can reload. These fanatics on the right are so pathetic in their programmed beliefs that they will believe and do anything even at the expense of our children and soldiers...Yet they all profess morality and actually think they are wonderful christians.
Hey hillbilly. You & the other wrinkle faced libtard remind me of the two bumbling fools in the James Bond movies. You must be Mr. Kidd. Good thing Leosnana isn't here as you need learn how to spell "i'm" and "Christains".

As to the other old flocks assertion, It's actually better to carry about four handguns with 15 round clips under a coat and then you can grab a gun while still firing the other. An easy and faster way to get off 60 rounds than with an AR-15.

Pipe bombs also work quite well, jerkoff.

You libs sure are flockking dumb flocks.

Go have a moron fest.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

AP-GfK poll: Rage over Conn. tragedy tops 9/11

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_289563/contentdetai...

?
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw all the judge-its so I knew you were back waxturd/jimmy/goober. Here's your lesson for the day:
If you remember from your NRA gun safety course, never let the bad guy get any closer than 20 feet. The reason for this is that even if you shoot him, he will still have a good chance to reach you and use your own gun against you before the bullet takes effect. So using NRA data, a good guy should be able to travel 20 feet in three seconds and have an opportunity to disable the bad guy and at least save others.
Judge this, dumbfk. Go blab your useless rants on your fellow libs. You are an idiot.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
(Don't know if this posted, so I'm doing it again)

On Jan. 1, 2014, one of the reforms scheduled to take place under Obamacare is the individual mandate:

Most individuals will be required to carry health insurance and most employers (50 or more employees) must provide coverage. Both individuals and employers will face penalties for non-compliance.

But this is the part I don't get.

Certain groups will be exempt from the individual mandate including American Indians, those with religious objections and those who would face financial hardship by purchasing health insurance, i.e. insurance coverage costing more than 8 percent of your income.

Five questions (for starters):
1. What prevents anyone from claiming to have a religious objection?
2. How many government paper pushers will be needed to keep track of who gets what?
3. How is it fair to those who earn just above the financial hardship cutoff line who will still be struggling with the cost of insurance?
4. Who will pay for all those who are exempt because of religious objections or financial hardship?
5. If the SCOTUS ruled Obamacare allows states to opt out of healthcare exchanges without losing current Medicaid funding, what's the point?

As Greta Van Susteren pointed out: The whole idea of everybody being in is everybody's contributing to lower the cost of health care. So if everybody opts out - plus, we've got the problem that the president through the HHS has issued thousands of waivers - everyone's jumping ship! They're going to leave about five of us left standing paying for this!

Which leads back to question #4.
ANSWER:

Because it is not nor never was about health care!!!

Obamacare is only about two things:

#1. Destroying another industry: Health Insurance.

#2. Controlling people's behavior. Typical liberal agenda. See? All liberals want to control you because they think they know better.

Why gives Liberals the ILLUSION that they know better?

1. They believe they have "good intentions" of fairness.

2. They are in college or have some college training.

Those two reasons hypnotize them.

In the mean time: Conservatives have five qualities:

#1. Know what hard work is

#2. Have personal responsibility. So they do not need a nanny state to tell them what is good for them. They can figure it out by themselves.

#3. Have common sense because they live in reality. They know the world is unfair and they deal with it. They do not deny the reality of unfairness, they welcome it.

#4. Respect other people's choices even if they choose to hurt themselves as long as they hurt no one who refuses to be hurt.

#5. Love the freedom to success, fail or attempt to success or fail.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Why is the GOP trying to commit political suicide?

Congressional Republicans seem intent on behaving like children and, in doing so, making the president look positively reasonable by comparison

http://theweek.com/article/index/238774/why-i...
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Bumpass Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hillbilly. You & the other wrinkle faced libtard remind me of the two bumbling fools in the James Bond movies. You must be Mr. Kidd. Good thing Leosnana isn't here as you need learn how to spell "i'm" and "Christains".
As to the other old flocks assertion, It's actually better to carry about four handguns with 15 round clips under a coat and then you can grab a gun while still firing the other. An easy and faster way to get off 60 rounds than with an AR-15.
Pipe bombs also work quite well, jerkoff.
You libs sure are flockking dumb flocks.
Go have a moron fest.
He needs to worry about changing diapers much more than changing clips.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, by the time you eject the clip and fumble for another one having experience this a number of times as opposed to these know it all programmed draft dodgers on the right, i'm betting far more like 8 to 10 seconds. A hell of a lot can happen in that amount of time. I will guarantee if I'm within 10 to 15 yards of that idiot I can be all over him before he can reload. These fanatics on the right are so pathetic in their programmed beliefs that they will believe and do anything even at the expense of our children and soldiers...Yet they all profess morality and actually think they are wonderful christians.
Liberals are snobs.

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, by the time you eject the clip and fumble for another one having experience this a number of times as opposed to these know it all programmed draft dodgers on the right, i'm betting far more like 8 to 10 seconds. A hell of a lot can happen in that amount of time. I will guarantee if I'm within 10 to 15 yards of that idiot I can be all over him before he can reload. These fanatics on the right are so pathetic in their programmed beliefs that they will believe and do anything even at the expense of our children and soldiers...Yet they all profess morality and actually think they are wonderful christians.
Your figures are right on. And, if you look at most of these mass murderers they don't appear to have motor skills to even function that well.
Interesting point about the Christian factor in this gun control debate, seems like they would come out for anything that limits violence.

Since: Jan 13

Izmir, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

forks_make_us_fa t

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Miserable sad sacks of poop 47%'ers...

Hate guns, hate their shadows!

Obama protect the 47%'ers from...

Spanish flu...
Killed 675k americans....

http://www.flu.gov/pandemic/history/1918/the_...
A REAL AMERICAN

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Jaskson County Kentucky Sheriff, Denny Peyman, has vowed to defy any federal gun control laws that he feels will violate the United States Constitution. He asserts that his office will refuse to enforce any new federal gun control laws.

Peyman contends that as Kentucky is a commonwealth, the sheriff’s department holds predominant power over state and federal agents. In fact, in a recent press conference, the sheriff asserted that as the “highest elected official in the county,” he actually has the power and right to ask any federal or state agents to leave his county.

Additionally, the Kentucky sheriff made the bold statement that he does not care what gun control laws are passed by Obama as the sheriff holds more power in Jackson County than any federal agents. He challenged critics to research the fact that Kentucky is a commonwealth.

As reported by redstate.com , Peyman is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, encouraging all law enforcement officers to consider following his lead. In his press conference he discussed his strong opposition to federal gun control laws:

“My office will not comply with any federal action which violates the United States Constitution or the Kentucky Constitution which I swore to uphold. Let them pull that stuff in other places if they want, but not in Jackson County, Kentucky. Just a few of us have to be willing to stand up to political opposition putting our people at risk. The other side will back down.”

Sheriff Peyton is not stranger to controversy. The 0utspoken official has been under scrutiny since last year due t fiscal issues in the department. As reported by lex18.com , the Jackson County fiscal court has called for removal of the sheriff due to a $300,000 deficit.
The county has issued “several emergency executive orders,” to resolve the situation, including an attempt to remove Peyman from office.
For now, Peyton is the sheriff of Jackson County, Kentucky and he is very clear on his opinions about gun control. Peyman’s press conference, addressing federal gun control and how he and his deputies intend to respond:
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/480014/kentucky-sher...

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge this, dumbfk. Go blab your useless rants on your fellow libs. You are an idiot.
Is that a way to talk to your master? Now be a nice little bitch and fetch me some judge-its, puss.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong you clueless twit! It's torture no matter who you do it to and it's morally wrong.
Despite your repeated assertions, torture had nothing to do with finding Bin Laden.
www.guardian.co.uk › Comment is free › liberty central
Stop calling yourself a Christian Carol, you're an embarrassment to true followers of Jesus who find torture morally repugnant for any reason.
Petey, Petey, get yourself together boie? Waterboarding had everything to do with finding that scumbag.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min wojar 175,193
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 28 min voice of peace 68,069
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 28 min TW_sugar_daddio 25
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 46 min Terry rigsby 49,024
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 51 min Corrupt Democrats 1,878
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 53 min truth-facts 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 45,907
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr RACE 97,585
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••