Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
775,401 - 775,420 of 1,099,328 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Bruce Bartlett domestic policy advisor to Ronald Reagan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Bartlett
Bruce Bartlett on Where the Right Went Wrong
February 10, 2012
In this Moyers & Company segment, Bill Moyers talks with conservative economist Bruce Bartlett, who wrote “the bible” for the Reagan Revolution, worked on domestic policy for the Reagan White House, and served as a top treasury official under the first President Bush. Now he’s a heretic in the conservative circles where he once was a star.
Bartlett argues that right-wing tax policies — pushed in part by Grover Norquist and Tea Party activists — are destroying the country’s economic foundation. When he called George W. Bush out as “a pretend conservative” in his book Impostor: Why George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy, Bartlett was fired from his position as a senior fellow at a conservative think tank. His new book is The Benefit and the Burden: Tax Reform — Why We Need It and What It Will Take.
video link below.
http://vimeo.com/36529531
The favorite unknown pseudo-conservative of the leftwing nutjobs.

Nobody cares about Brucie.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>in the book the reason Bush dropped the idea of letting people privatize their Social Security was that people who were currently receiving Social Security would have to have their benefits cut dramtically which is why the didnt do it which is talked about it on pg 202 titled "Why Social Security Reform Died".
That's what happens with a Ponzi scheme, but does not justify deepening the fraud.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>wait till you see Dick Cheneys grand kid with 2 mothers.
No comparison to two daddies with two male babies.

Pedophile city.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
Hitler and Children Obersalzberg Aug 13. 1935 ~> Remind you of something ???

http://barracudabrigade.blogspot.com/2013/01/...
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Waterboarding isn't really torture if it's done to a really bad guy who would kill every single man, woman and child in America if given half the chance. They gave him a cigarette and a nice meal afterwards and found bin Laden to boot.
Torintino's film of gratuitous violence would be more like watching torture to me. But you'd be sitting on the edge of your seat.
Wrong you clueless twit! It's torture no matter who you do it to and it's morally wrong.
Despite your repeated assertions, torture had nothing to do with finding Bin Laden.
www.guardian.co.uk › Comment is free › liberty central
Stop calling yourself a Christian Carol, you're an embarrassment to true followers of Jesus who find torture morally repugnant for any reason.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I shed new light on their distortion of the truth - it isn't just the republicans' fault and democrats are as much to blame.
But I suppose they didn't lie insisting this isn't true. Correct?
You're a damned liar Carol. All you've ever claimed is that the CRA and Fannie and Freddie were at fault for the meltdown of the housing market when in reality (a concept totally alien to you) it was unregulated mortgage brokers who made these toxic loans and infected the whole system.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
Speaking of the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998:
The Act declared that it was the Policy of the United States to support "regime change" passing 360-38 in the House and unanimously in the Senate.
President Clinton stated in February 1998:
Iraq admitted, among other things, an offensive biological warfare capability, notably, 5,000 gallons of botulinum, which causes botulism; 2,000 gallons of anthrax; 25 biological-filled Scud warheads; and 157 aerial bombs. And I might say UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq has actually greatly understated its production.... Over the past few months, as [the weapons inspectors] have come closer and closer to rooting out Iraq's remaining nuclear capacity, Saddam has undertaken yet another gambit to thwart their ambitions by imposing debilitating conditions on the inspectors and declaring key sites which have still not been inspected off limits.... It is obvious that there is an attempt here, based on the whole history of this operation since 1991, to protect whatever remains of his capacity to produce weapons of mass destruction, the missiles to deliver them, and the feed stocks necessary to produce them. The UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq still has stockpiles of chemical and biological munitions, a small force of Scud-type missiles, and the capacity to restart quickly its production program and build many, many more weapons.... Now, let's imagine the future. What if he fails to comply and we fail to act, or we take some ambiguous third route, which gives him yet more opportunities to develop this program of weapons of mass destruction and continue to press for the release of the sanctions and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made? Well, he will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an arsenal of devastating destruction. And some day, some way, I guarantee you he'll use the arsenal."
Nothing had changed in 2003...except 9/11.
Clinton could have taken Powell's place at the UN.
And exactly what did Iraq and Sadaam Hussein have to do with 9/11 STUPID?
Clinton's statement notwithstanding he didn't send over 4000 of our service men and women to their deaths and tens of thousands more back home maimed both physically and emotionally. If there were sites that were suspected of housing proscribed activity and are denied access then you simply send a cruise missile to wipe it off the map.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Sam if you are that easily swayed by TEA Party and corrupt Congress then I will resign and travel to Europe. Robert E. Lee never pointed an angry finger at his Generals and I won't take it. I love the American people and thank-you to the handful of brave states that rolled out the welcome mat. Sorry NATO but I cannot work for a grouchy easily bought off symbol.
GF008 Safer World 2013.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Until further advised Ancle Sam I have a job Bossing NATO I was excellent in math children. By the way Uncle Sam go suck after the Republicans tax freak fire me if you want. GF008 Safer World 2013.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Stick finger in front of U.S. Gov's Lion's face again Uncle Sam. GF008 Safer World 2013. You might pull back a stub.280
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

There is one brave lady in Congress I can work with. Gf008 Safer World 2013.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

I was advisded to stsnd up for myself U.S. Bov. or American troops would not follow me in battle. In January 2002 I would not surrender until troops began firing on each other in Porti Rico. I offered sword to then First Lady after I felt Super Bowl was safe. Then was met with angry exchange from Bush. GF008 Safer World 2013.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Message said I flew around world blind. Goo ahead shut hospital down from deloivering babies HMO's. I didn't expect much help from you. GF008 Safer World 2013.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Right turn Cylde to AlQaeda. GF008 Safer World 2013.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

I want to thank hospitals that put me back omn my feet. I was told my Georgia man that I wasn't at fault in November accident. Car ran out of road and struck me. GF008 Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Lepracaun is also Irish lie huh. I know they exist is not lie. GF008 Safer World 2013.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

True I am an emotional Commander. It is said Lee cried after heavy losses and defeat at Gettusburg. Not so uncommon. Gf008 safer World 2013.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Off shore accounts are swindling the IRS Uncle Sam don't take your anger out on me. GF008 Safer World 2013.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing how we won five out of seven previous presidential elections, I got over it much better than you did in the past, old man. Who are you sponging off now, Wilhelm from Germany?
I don't take/need any meds. How many are you on, old man? Spending your last days liberal and ignorant seems sad.
Five of the last seven you say, Yes moron and that is why we are in the mess that we are, thanks for admitting that small "FACT". I'm spending my time celebrating while you hide behind another name and sulk like the little girl we know and despise. Whine on loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min TRD 68,340
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min Sublime1 97,900
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min SpaceBlues 46,278
Abby 8/24/14 20 min RACE 13
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 34 min JOEL 68,925
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 45 min Bye Bye USA 49,420
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min loose cannon 177,274
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago