A budget resolution based on President Obamaís 2013 budget failed to get any votes in the Senate on Wednesday.<quoted text>
1) The recession started in the 4th quarter of 2007 and is the cause of the unemployment. The rate was over 7.5 when he left office. To blame Obama for the effects of the Bush recession is beyond pathetic.
2) Most businesses are doing OK. Corporate profits hit a record in December.
3) The budgets submitted by Presidents are rarely diretly put up for a vote. They typically go to Congress where it the budgets are modified. Congress put up two of Obama's budgets only as apolitical game. An informed person would know this.
4) Stimulus spending has been done by Presidents in the past & is a valid method of fighting recessions. Again, an informed person would know this. You comment on green companies is a blatant lie.
Slashing spending before the economy recovers would plunge us into recession.
5) Why is unemployment even being discussed?? Because Republicans went wild on spending & plunged us into the worst recession in 80 years. Republicans like Boehner, Canter, McConnell & your buddy Paul Ryan.
In a 99-0 vote, all of the senators present rejected the presidentís blueprint.
Itís the second year in a row the Senate has voted down Obamaís budget.
Obama's 2012 budget failed 97 to 0 last May after Obama himself last April said he wanted deeper deficit cuts.
The House earlier this year unanimously rejected Obama's budget.
Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/...