Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,763)

Showing posts 775,241 - 775,260 of1,071,264
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a little payback here.
Maybe now lily will stop being a fake Carol.
No, I forgot to put that posters name on it; the dunderhead who asked what he said to threaten the President.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Still not a threat ,just someone looking forward to a joyous ocassion in their and many others opinion , still not a crime.
Yeah, sure killer
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Secret Service protection is just icing on the cake. The fact is that Sidwell Friends School has a significant armed security force in addition to the Secret Service. Obama chooses to send his children to an elite school with armed security instead of to a D.C. Public School, where the Secret Service could also provide security for his children.
Elitist to the core, back to his own private school education.
see? you don't attack the issue.

because you have no good answer. you MUST resort to personal attacks.

and if you think that the majority of Americans are going to take that in the way that you nutjobs would like them too, you're sadly mistaken.

and it's cool if we research Mr. Fat Cat Lapierre and get the dirt on his family? and that whole board of directors will be fair game. i bet all of their kids go to public schools. i guess we better find out.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

NRA....

David Keene

The current NRA president is the former chairman of the American Conservative Union. In 2003, his son was sentenced to 10 years in prison for firing at another driver during a road rage incident.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/n...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The economy has improved under Obama. He took us from losing 750,000 jobs a month to positive gains in the private sector. He took us from a shrinking economy to a growing one. You have yet to show where any unfunded drastic spending increases went to anything other than addressing the problems he inherited from your hero Bush.
2 Businesses are doing fine. Record profits & record cash.
3) Obama as submitted a budget for every year as required. These budgets are a guideline for Congress to use to write & pass their budgets. Putting the President's budgets up for vote was a playing political games - the only thing your party seems to be doing.
4) Spending???? Subtract the spending on the two Bush wars, subtract the spending created by the Bush recession. Add the revenues lost by the unfunded Bush Tax cuts, Add the revenues lost in the Bush recession, subtract the costs of the unfunded part D to Medicare. I wonder, what spending is left?
5) Millions were sent top the unemployment lines by your buddy George W Bush, and you have the nerve to blame Obama.
This is what I love about right whiners like you. Too f*cking stupid to know who created this mess and instead act like a spoiled brat having a tantrum in the toy aisle in Walmart blaming some one else.
When will you people ever grow up & take responsibility for voting in people like Bush, Cheney, Boehner, Cantor, Ryan, McConnell - all there when Bush doubled the debt while taking us from a balanced budget to the worst economic condition in 80 years.
My God, we had what you freakin bozos scream about - a balanced budget. WTF happened??? Who VOTED to take us off that path???
1)Unemployment under Bush was 3.9% to 6.9%. Ran between 4% to 5% during most of his 8 years. Highest he ever had was 7.4% in 12/08. Obama's went as high as 10.1% in 10/09 and remained over 9% until 2012.

2)Businesses are going bankrupt regularly and cutting back on employees, raises, etc.

3)Obama has submitted budgets but not a single Republican or Democrat has EVER voted for passing one.

4)Obama has had 4 years to make vast changes to cut spending. He has thrown billions to green companies and research. Most every company has either gone bankrupt or on the verge of doing so. All he does is spend with no plans of reducing it.

5)As indicated in #1, unemployment has become an issue under Obama.

Obama is a failure! Four more years will be devastating for all Americans.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

NRA....

Larry Craig

The former Idaho senator sponsored a 2005 law protecting gun makers from liability in connection with their products being used by criminals. The NRA spent $1.8 million on lobbying Congress that year.

ouch.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Johnston Vandall wrote:
Whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee! Stock market has a lot of faith in him, it's tanking. Thanks Barack! Guess they aren't too impressed.
hEY, hOW'D THAT WORK OUT?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
NRA....
David Keene
The current NRA president is the former chairman of the American Conservative Union. In 2003, his son was sentenced to 10 years in prison for firing at another driver during a road rage incident.
Wow, what a find!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Schwarzenegger, a self-described moderate Republican, offered a few thoughts on the platform he thinks his party should maintain. "We need to be a party where people know what we are for, not just what we are against," he explained. That means remembering that "Reagan was the one who dealt with the ozone layer with the Montreal protocol" or that "Nixon almost passed universal healthcare," wrote Schwarzenegger. He also challenged the GOP to provide comprehensive immigration reform and "stay out of people's bedrooms."

When asked to name one current American politician who "best embodies what is good about politics," Schwarzenegger encouraged Redditors to research Democratic Mayor Chuck Reed of San Jose, Calif. and his work on pension reform.

"Even though Congress has an approval rating of 9%(and loses to cockroaches and colonoscopies in polling), there are still some leaders who are doing the people's work instead of the partys' work," wrote Schwarzenegger. "That's political courage to me, being willing to risk your job to choose what's good for the public instead of getting stuck in your ideology."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/arno...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Eman you're chasing your tail on this. For months I have pointed out that in four years no one has lost a single gun right while Obama has been president, in fact, many have NEW gun rights. In light of recent abuses, Obama, like many other thinking concerned citizens, has decided that something needs to be done to address this problem. Only an ostrich, the NRA or an idiot would bury his head in the sand and hope that the killings would stop without trying something.
That's not what i'm arguing. The nra has more to do with the rights you praise than obama yet you attack them. Give credit where credit is due. Do you understand now?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

crazy-person right wing site....

New Leftist Video Game –“Bullet to the Head of the NRA”

Leftists have put together a new video game where you get to shoot your favorite NRA officials in the head. You can download it online.
Pete M. at Free Republic reported:

I saw something today that upset and deeply disturbed me. I was walking past my son’s bedroom, where he spends all his time on his computer playing those damn games of his. I stopped when I heard the sound of Wayne LaPierre’s voice as he gave his speech about the Newtown massacre. I was surprised my son, who is just 14, was getting involved in anything political, but I was glad he was exposing himself to the right people. I opened the door, intending to tell him how proud I was, when the image on the screen stopped me cold. It was not, as I suspected, a video of Wayne LaPierre’s speech, but was in fact a virtual recreation of the event, a video game. And in the game was a virtual Wayne LaPierre, standing at his podium, giving his speech… with a crosshair over his head. Before I could even utter a word to scold my child, he clicked his mouse. And the virtual Wayne LaPierre’s face disappeared in a spray of blood.

I was horrified. I must have yelled at him for hours. I demanded to know where he got this game, and he showed me the thread on a website called “facepunch”. You can see it for yourself here.

The libs think it’s funny.

Meanwhile… The liberal media is outraged that the NRA released a phone app target shooting game this week.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/new-l...

"Oh yeah this'll go far to disprove people that video games make people violent right? I mean there's no way that anyone could go "Hmm these people made a game where you murder NRA members well maybe there actually is something to people saying games make you violent" right??"
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a find!!
Well, to be fair the car he was chasing and finally shot the back window out of was a Mercedes so there were certainly mitigating circumstances here. Besides, the other guy cut him off and gave him the finger. You have to draw the line somewhere don't you?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what i'm arguing. The nra has more to do with the rights you praise than obama yet you attack them. Give credit where credit is due. Do you understand now?
who sets the limits on those rights?

oh yeah, it's all Obama.

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....

there's what happens when an assault weapons ban hits the Court.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, this is due to the fact that there are so many sicko racist killers threatening their lives since even before he was elected the first time.
Take the Obama children out of Sidwell Friends and the school is still an armed fortress.

Employees and staff in all schools should have the same opportunity to defend themselves.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Omigawd! You're a bigger retard than I am.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not old enough , I care about the American people, and the millions of elderly that live on it. You're an idiot
I WAS/is smart enough to retire, at 42, without needing social security...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Look whose the jackass; that was the posters post who asked what he said to threaten the presidents life. What a bunch of dunderheads y'all are. Kerrristt.
You made the threat against our beloved leader.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
see? you don't attack the issue.
because you have no good answer. you MUST resort to personal attacks.
and if you think that the majority of Americans are going to take that in the way that you nutjobs would like them too, you're sadly mistaken.
and it's cool if we research Mr. Fat Cat Lapierre and get the dirt on his family? and that whole board of directors will be fair game. i bet all of their kids go to public schools. i guess we better find out.....
I will grant that nobody in their right mind would send their children to the public schools in Washington, D.C., but that is unrelated to security, at least from outside forces.

The problem is the objections of the left to other schools providing armed security.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.”

We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.”

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....

let's remember the context....

'It's ok to carry handguns because they're not “dangerous and unusual weapons.”'

just try to dance around that one.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand and agree. There's no question that the NRA has done more to protect my gun rights than Obama, I've never intended to make that argument. My point is that the NRA has portrayed Obama as an enemy to gun owners, that is simply not true. Many people believe that the NRA speaks for ALL gun owners and that also is simply not true. There are some reasonable restrictions that can be imposed on gun owners that MAY save lives, such as a national background check, 10 max clip and a ban on assault type weapons. Just for the record, G.W. Bush and Reagan were also in favor of banning assault type weapons but never attacked like this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 775,241 - 775,260 of1,071,264
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

117 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Alderman on violence in Chicago: 'We've got a w... 6 min bensley reality 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Atticus Tiberius Finch 173,525
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Stop Global Warming 45,436
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,109
is ur time to have ur oun money 56 min new world man 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr nnamhcsriK elaD yrogerG 48,671
Monkey’s body is matched with African-American ... 2 hr Clothes for spooks 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••