Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#840771 Jan 16, 2013
Obama has evolved-AGAIN!

Oh my...

"FLASHBACK: In 1999, Obama wouldn’t support tougher prosecution for school shooters"

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/16/flashback-i...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#840772 Jan 16, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>NBC said that the cops said he used 4 hand guns, the AR-15 was in the car.
http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/502084...
That doesn't fit the political agenda.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#840773 Jan 16, 2013
Canx that gym membership....

"You won't believe these gym gross-outs"

"Mikey Rox, principal at the New York City creative firm Paper Rox Scissors, described in an interview his sleaziest gym vision: "I once witnessed a guy engaging in a self-relaxation exercise in the steam room that resulted in his DNA on the floor. When he was done, he walked right out. Didn't clean it up."

http://todayhealth.today.com/_news/2013/01/13...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#840775 Jan 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't fit the political agenda.
I know that is what gets me about their BS.
daily prayer

AOL

#840781 Jan 16, 2013
prayer

Lord help our country for the next four years.

Location hidden

#840782 Jan 16, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Carol provided facts. Ooops.
Governorship of Mitt Romney
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Mitt Romney, 2003–2007 Governor of Massachusetts. Official portrait.
This article is part of a series about
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney
­2012 Presidential campaign ·
­2008 Presidential campaign
­Governor of Massachusetts, 2003–2007
­1994 U.S. Senate election ·
­Business career, 1975–2002
­Political positions ·
­Electoral history ·
­Public image
Mitt Romney was sworn in as the 70th Governor of Massachusetts on January 2, 2003, along with Lieutenant Governor Kerry Healey. Romney's term ended on January 4, 2007; he chose not to run for re-election.
Sounds like Mitt had to make some hard decisions and he did, too bad Obama's only plan is bankrupting us and expanding the welfare state.
“I came to the House as a real deficit hawk, but I am no longer a deficit hawk,” said Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.).“I’ll tell you why. I had to spend the surpluses. Deficits make it easier to say no.”

May 18, 2011 1:05 PM‘Deficits make it easier to say no’

The recent history has largely been forgotten, but when the Bush era began 10 years ago, there was no deficit. Clinton had bequeathed a large surplus and had already begun paying off the national debt. Projections showed that the debt was on track to be paid off entirely — for the first time in nearly two centuries — in roughly a decade.

But that was before Republicans decided they “had to spend the surpluses.” Deficits weren’t an accidental outcome of a misguided policy; they were a deliberate choice. GOP officials feared that the existence of surpluses would lead Democrats to want to invest in public services and national priorities, and Republicans would have trouble saying,“We can’t afford it,” when in fact, they could afford it.

So, Republicans created a fiscal mess on purpose.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-an... #

Location hidden

#840784 Jan 16, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Carol provided facts. Ooops.
Governorship of Mitt Romney
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Mitt Romney, 2003–2007 Governor of Massachusetts. Official portrait.
This article is part of a series about
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney
­2012 Presidential campaign ·
­2008 Presidential campaign
­Governor of Massachusetts, 2003–2007
­1994 U.S. Senate election ·
­Business career, 1975–2002
­Political positions ·
­Electoral history ·
­Public image
Mitt Romney was sworn in as the 70th Governor of Massachusetts on January 2, 2003, along with Lieutenant Governor Kerry Healey. Romney's term ended on January 4, 2007; he chose not to run for re-election.
Sounds like Mitt had to make some hard decisions and he did, too bad Obama's only plan is bankrupting us and expanding the welfare state.
I told you Bush's Policies already Bankrupt the US besides Massachusetts was mess no denying that but his policies cost Massachusetts bigtime and jobs because of all the new fees and taxes but that is what happens when you want to charge it the the credit card.

Location hidden

#840787 Jan 16, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash, no one is going to buy that. Are you going to act like 9/11 never happened?
The Bush tax cuts were miniscule compared to trillion dollar deficits and the impending crisis in SS and medicare.
Not to mention the demorat authored mortgage disaster.
I told you get the book called IMPOSTER, How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy by Bruce Bartlett and I have the book setting right in front of me and you should see pork barrel spending that Bush approved and never vetoed a single bill understand what the deficit is climbing at the rate it is because of obligation incurred under Bush and there is a chapter where he blew off any reforms on entitlements.

Location hidden

#840788 Jan 16, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to tell me, i don't buy it.
Who the f has been in charge for the last 4 years? Bush or Obumbles?
Obama of Course but if you get book Imposter, How George W. Bush bankrupted America and betrayed the Reagan Legacy and read Chapter 11 The Post-Bush Era: Republican or Democratic? I believe both parties know the Economical Tsunami is coming and doing everything to hold it back.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#840789 Jan 16, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I told you get the book called IMPOSTER, How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy by Bruce Bartlett and I have the book setting right in front of me and you should see pork barrel spending that Bush approved and never vetoed a single bill understand what the deficit is climbing at the rate it is because of obligation incurred under Bush and there is a chapter where he blew off any reforms on entitlements.
Bruce who?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#840790 Jan 16, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash, no one is going to buy that. Are you going to act like 9/11 never happened?
The Bush tax cuts were miniscule compared to trillion dollar deficits and the impending crisis in SS and medicare.
Not to mention the demorat authored mortgage disaster.
They figure the more they put us in debt the better our economy will be. They also think smoking cigarettes is good for you, it loosens the phlegm in your lungs.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#840792 Jan 16, 2013

Location hidden

#840793 Jan 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruce who?
Bruce Bartlett domestic policy advisor to Ronald Reagan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Bartlett

Bruce Bartlett on Where the Right Went Wrong

February 10, 2012

In this Moyers & Company segment, Bill Moyers talks with conservative economist Bruce Bartlett, who wrote “the bible” for the Reagan Revolution, worked on domestic policy for the Reagan White House, and served as a top treasury official under the first President Bush. Now he’s a heretic in the conservative circles where he once was a star.

Bartlett argues that right-wing tax policies — pushed in part by Grover Norquist and Tea Party activists — are destroying the country’s economic foundation. When he called George W. Bush out as “a pretend conservative” in his book Impostor: Why George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy, Bartlett was fired from his position as a senior fellow at a conservative think tank. His new book is The Benefit and the Burden: Tax Reform — Why We Need It and What It Will Take.

video link below.

http://vimeo.com/36529531
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#840794 Jan 16, 2013
Old Uncle Sam came there to change some pancakes and some onions.
For lasses cakes, to carry home to give his wife and young ones.
What is happening to our young ones Uncle Sam?
Sorry about tax issues.
GF008 Safer World 2013.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#840795 Jan 16, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I told you get the book called IMPOSTER, How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy by Bruce Bartlett and I have the book setting right in front of me and you should see pork barrel spending that Bush approved and never vetoed a single bill understand what the deficit is climbing at the rate it is because of obligation incurred under Bush and there is a chapter where he blew off any reforms on entitlements.
Bush attempted to allow an option for partial privatization of Social Security.

Location hidden

#840797 Jan 16, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not going to happen and Bush is no longer president. why are you licking Obama's boots?
I an not licking Obama boots but Bush's Tsunami is coming because economical policy he signed into law before he left Washington DC and why he keeps a low profile.

Location hidden

#840800 Jan 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush attempted to allow an option for partial privatization of Social Security.
in the book the reason Bush dropped the idea of letting people privatize their Social Security was that people who were currently receiving Social Security would have to have their benefits cut dramtically which is why the didnt do it which is talked about it on pg 202 titled "Why Social Security Reform Died".

Location hidden

#840801 Jan 16, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
Mas
How much surplus did the US have when Clinton left office
How Clinton managed to claim a surplus was that while the general operating
budgets ran deficits but Clinton borrowed from numerous off budget funds to
make ...
wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_surplus_did_the_U...
Debunking The Clinton Budget Surplus Myth — California Political ...
Sep 1, 2012 ... We need to look critically at the Clinton Budget Surplus and determine if it was
both a true surplus and if the method employed to achieve this ...
www.capoliticalreview.com/top-stories/debunki...
I believe the Clintons Surplus was myth and done by accounting manipulation.

Location hidden

#840802 Jan 16, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
Truly repulsive:
Sir Elton John, 66 and David Furnish 50(Getty Images)Congratulations to Sir Elton John and David Furnish on their expanding family!
The Grammy winner and his partner welcomed a new baby, Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John, last week via surrogate, Hello! confirms. The tot is the second child for the couple – their son Zachary is two years old.
I have 2 daddies[picture ralph from simpsons]
whap,bam,boom, there's ur 2 daddies!
wait till you see Dick Cheneys grand kid with 2 mothers.
GUN CITY LOW CRIME RATE

Nashville, NC

#840803 Jan 16, 2013
The Most Pro-Gun Low-Crime City in the United States

I live just a few miles from the most pro-gun city in the United States – Kennesaw Georgia – where gun ownership is mandatory. It’s not the “Wild West” like some people predicted when it passed a mandatory gun ownership law.“The city of Kennesaw was selected by Family Circle magazine as one of the nation’s ‘10 best towns for families.’ The award was aimed at identifying the best communities nationally that combine big-city opportunities with suburban charm, a blend of affordable housing, good jobs, top-rated public schools, wide-open spaces, and less stress.”[1]

In 1982 the city passed the following ordinance [Sec 34-21] which was in response to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill.

(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.

(b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

The city’s website states that Kennesaw “has the lowest crime rate in Cobb County,” one of the most populous counties in Georgia. In fact, from 1982 through 2009, Kennesaw had been nearly murder free with one murder occurring in 2007.

There were three murders in 2010 committed by the same man in what is described as a “school safety zone,” an area extending 1,000 feet from any school, including adult colleges and technical schools. This means that even though Kennesaw has the most liberal gun laws in the United States, employees at the facility where the murders were committed could not have a gun on the premises.

Of course, criminals don’t care about laws; that’s why they’re criminals. Ed Stone of Atlanta Gun Rights Examiner makes these important points:

“Unfortunately experience with actual ‘school safety zones’ in Georgia has proven that the ‘school safety zone’ law approach does not stop violent armed crime, as it disarms only the potential victims of an attack. Criminals seeking to rob, rape, and murder ignore the ‘school safety zone’ as merely one more law they are breaking.”

Now we come to New York City. In September 2011 Ryan Jerome, a former Marine Corps gunner, walked up to a security officer at the Empire State Building and asked where he could check his gun.

He had a valid concealed carry permit from his home state of Indiana. He also had the rights given to him under the Second Amendment. No matter, the security officer called police and Jerome spent the next two days in jail.“The 28-year-old with no criminal history now faces a mandatory minimum sentence of three and a half years in prison. If convicted, his sentence could be as high as fifteen years.”

He brought the gun for protection since he was traveling with $15,000 worth of jewelry that he planned to sell. Certainly a rational decision, given the crime rate in New York City and stories like the U.S. Marine veteran who was shot three times when a Craigslist transaction went bad.

In December of 2011, Tennessee nurse Meredith Graves noticed a “no guns” sign at the World Trade Center site in New York City and asked where she could leave her weapon. Like Jerome, she was arrested and faces similar charges. Mayor Bloomberg claims that she was in possession of cocaine.

In a 25-year period, New York City has had more than 15,000 murders – 2245 in 1990 alone– while Kennesaw, Georgia, had 1.

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2012/07/the-most-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min JOEL 70,555
Rediscovering Lost Photos From a Long-Ago West End 29 min Niemand 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Jacques Ottawa 180,541
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 51 min Cali Girl 2014 51,230
Pierre de Coubertin And Emancipation Proclamation (Jun '12) 1 hr fukuda 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Who 48,351
This guy is GOD to Piano Legs & the Malignant M... 4 hr YUPHesThe Devil 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr RACE 98,671
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:11 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:11PM
Spokesman says Soldier Field game clocks are fixed - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:04 PM
Can the Texans Steal the AFC South?
NBC Sports 2:10 PM
For Cutler, McCown was steadying force - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 5:01 PM
Will Mark Ingram's heavy workload stay level?
Bleacher Report 5:55 PM
Complete Preview for Jags vs. Colts