Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
775,181 - 775,200 of 1,079,023 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
LooTER SHooTER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Michelle (the Baboon) Obama masterbates with a bazooka !
Black Skank !
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The gun he used would have been banned as well as the clips he had.
Exactly; and perhaps she may have been prohibited to have guns in the house where a person with a mental disorder resides.

These rightwingers are cold, savage beasts who are incapable of compassion for their fellow Americans.

Unfortunately; until and unless their lives are touched by violence, they think this just happens to "the other people"

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
you might as well give it up. Eman will never ever admit when he is wrong or uninformed on an issue. Just ask him about the Keystone Pipeline or if the Sec of State is a cabinet position.
Just like he didn't know about the legislation allowing toters to tote in National parks.
Realputz, makes up lies about what people say then bases his argument on those lies. When asked to link to what he claims the poster said, he never does. Yeah, that's you, putz.
LooTER SHooTER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Threatening the life of the President, the First Lady and his children is a crime.
where did I threaten ? I just said it would be nice to see.
What Obama is doing to America and our Country is a Crime !

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
And then he would've built a bomb and blew up 30 people in a school building. Or bought/stole an illegal weapon purchased on the street from a brotha. Or he would've drove his car through the playground fence with his vehicle killing 30 kids. Or he would've entered the school with a machete, sword and meat cleaver. Or....

The Jerk-In-Chief is an opportunist making you and others further into sheep. You don't even wear protection back there....yer wide open and happy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But there are terrorists camps in Mali.
The mission was to get Bin Laden & make sure Afghanistan would no longer be a safe harbor for terrorists.
If all we wanted to do was destroy camps, we could have done that with air strikes alone.
Once Bush invaded, he committed us to nation building.
No, the events in Mali are a civil war between the government and rebels, whereas Afghanistan had no effective government and allowed the terrorists to use their country as a base for attacking the U.S.

Air strikes alone would not have been effective against the terrorist camps.

The nation-building business is B.S.
Dan Salazar

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

America is on the cusp of real change not that we submitted to obama's agenda. Remember how Robert Mugabe transformed Rhodesia into Zimbabwe. All isn't bad. America had a great run of over 230 years.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Which of these do you object to? And why?
My guess is #11 because it creates a job
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

flack wrote:
Other than what Obama just did by EO (which is diddly-squat) The gun issue is dead. The house will no pass it and Dingy Hairy says he will not bring anything to the floor that will not pass the house. Sorry libtards.
Was it EA or EO? There's a difference Flacko__what he actually signed were executive actions (proposals) which really aren't much in the grand scheme but you would never know that by the way some of our right leaning, gun lobby funded elected folk reacted.

There were actually a few good ideas in those proposals, reigning in gun shows for instance.

Anything that creates an atmosphere for gun and pawn shop owners to behave more responsibly when dealing/selling weapons is a good step, as it is today in some states, your state for instance, gun shows are bogus outlets for unregistered weapons sales. That's an easy problem to fix.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you're still the idiot.
Go back an take another look at my post #840367 You will see that is says in part"ÖI can now conceal carry in National Parks and there is conceal carry reciprocity with just about every state between Michigan and TexasÖ."
You'll notice I said "JUST ABOUT" every state. That implies it was a state to state agreement. If I had said EVERY state then I would have been suggesting a national agreement. I accept your apology, moron.
Everyone on here knows you tried to give Obama credit for those rights, when the NRA had much more to do with it. Give credit, where credit is due, Terry.
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Banned yes ,confiscated no , I have weapons from before the ban in the 90s ,they only pulled them from the shelves not the criminal on the sreeets or homes of law abiding citizens , liberals are dumber than democrats.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
What a nice guy!!!! LMAO!
And your guy is doing an outstanding job??????????
Not outstanding, OUTSTANDING would be measured by how he got around your lot passing bills & governing the country. But at least the world can sleep comfortable at night knowing they have at a leader who is sane! Not an administration running on the fear factor. I mean what party would run on low taxes and a big a$$ military as the only thing worthwhile to the country. It is that sort of conservatism that has held back America in common sense changes such as gun control, changing to metric, health care, social security, same sex marriage, abortion, God's hand in everything, still minting pennies and the only country on the planet that still votes on a tuesday instead of the weekend. Why because the farmers brought their produce into town on a monday back in the horse & cart days. It's those same laws like being able to bear arms in a time that has long since past that you can't let it go. Thank God all the advances that made the country great have been made by Liberals. Imagine how much better it could be if your lot let go of some all of this BS that belongs to another age. But conservatism by nature is allergic to change their world falls apart when it happens. Just ask any of those countries that have gone back a 1000yrs to Islamic laws. If they did not have oil wells all they would be doing is herding goats, & that it seems is what you crave for.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I live in an area that was hammered by the financial crisis/mortgage meltdown and I'm seeing huge improvements in business openings, people are joining COC's again and there's scuttlebutt about new hospitals, and other large employers moving to or expanding in the area.
There will be some "big names" that disappear, there is actually a published list. Avon is on the list as is Mitsubishi Motors America and many more. Tough shyte! BTW Mitsubishi LTD is not broke having just pledged $770 million to a German windfarm company.
But not so good in other areas, particularly high-tax states like IL, NY, and CA. Plus, not much of a future in most Rust Belt major cities.

Note the number of states moving to abolish their state income tax.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I live in an area that was hammered by the financial crisis/mortgage meltdown and I'm seeing huge improvements in business openings, people are joining COC's again and there's scuttlebutt about new hospitals, and other large employers moving to or expanding in the area.
There will be some "big names" that disappear, there is actually a published list. Avon is on the list as is Mitsubishi Motors America and many more. Tough shyte! BTW Mitsubishi LTD is not broke having just pledged $770 million to a German windfarm company.
Same here, lots of new construction, big residental rental projects, bad news is that Walmart appears to be moving into the east end of town where they've never been seen before; they were relegated to the State Rd. 7 area. They opened one in Boynton Beach on Federal Hwy and started building one in Lighthouse Pte. what a mistake, they'll kill all the small businesses.
This goes back to local elections that people don't pay attention to; I doubt that any big box stores will be allowed in my town, but, you never know whose palm is getting greased.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stop saying sorry libtards and say sorry to all the future victims of mass murderers. This should not be political.
You are always on the side against the American people.
Sheepdip!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree with its, 1929 again for expection its costing the Federal Government extremely more to provide for the entitlement society which the United States didnt have during the Great Depression and then on top of that the US has to deal with all the borrowing GW Bush did which nothing was paid for & it was the collapse of Lehman Brothers's which started the chain reaction and cards started to fall and Bruce Bartlett predictions were right on in his 2006 book "Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy" and said it wouldnt matter if it was a Republican or a Democrats in the Whitehouse the chickens were coming home to roost meaning all the debt accumulated under Bush.
Most of the debt is charged to Obama, including the $1 trillion Porkulus program which accomplished absolutely nothing.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Homer 2013 wrote:
What's up rightwingtards and normal people?
I was just wondering about you. Hope you were on some fabulous vacay

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in a "would have been" kind of world.

Yep, he wouldn't have had any other weapon.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

LooTER SHooTER wrote:
<quoted text>where did I threaten ? I just said it would be nice to see.
What Obama is doing to America and our Country is a Crime !
Maybe one (joyous) day we will see obama in a jackass drawn carrage with a muslem flag draped over him !
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

The NRAís new ad is beyond anything weíve seen, in political propaganda terms, in the modern history of this country. The text goes as follows:

Are the presidentís kids more important than yours? Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school? Mr. Obama demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes, but heís just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security.

Letís start with the adís broken logic. A, the Obama family has Secret Service protection; B, other American families do not; C, because of this, Obama is an elitist and a hypocrite. Itís pretty ludicrous. Malia and Sasha Obama get lots of things because their father won the presidency. They also have a chauffeur; get to ride on a big fancy airplane free of charge and donít have to endure any TSA-related indignities; live in a beautiful big house rent-free; and so on. By the adís logic, all of these are instances of hypocrisy.

And yet, for pretty much all of modern history until this ad was unveiled yesterday, I donít remember anyone begrudging presidential children their right to the perquisites that come with being the presidentís children. People on the right made fun of Amy Carterís and Chelsea Clintonís physical appearance in tasteless ways. People on the left made fun of the Bush girlsí zest for margaritas and what have you.

But this is a step, or three, beyond that. Itís designed to make people who despise the president despise him even more; and itís designed to make them despise his children, 14 and 11 years old, because they live a cosseted life that you and your kids donít; they are ergo elitist hypocrites just like their father.

Itís not even the logic, though, thatís most disturbing. The main thing here is whatís between the lines; the hot buttons in the pro-gun amygdala the ad is designed to push. Just mentioning the presidentís daughters in an ad full of violent imagery and soundsósilhouettes of assault rifles, profiles of heavily armed soldiers, martial musicóis an invitation to certain viewers to make certain mental connections. Iíll stop there. But itís really a shocking thing.

It is true that a couple recent polls have shown majorities backing the NRA position about putting armed guards in schools, which Obama opposes. This is the point of the ad. Thatís a point that could have been made in any number of ways. But the NRA decided to make it in this particular way. Imagine: A group of people tossed this idea around, kicked its tires, so to speak; someone wrote a script; someone chose the images; someone chose the music; someone in authority said yes, letís do this, letís drag the presidentís daughters into it.

And rememberóthis debate is really just starting in earnest today, as the president unveils his proposals. What will the group prove itself capable of if its back is really up against the wall?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01...

next it'll be the dog whistles. or maybe it just happened.

(it's ok. i know you HAVE to call me a racist.....it's the 'rules'.)

where would you folks wander without your ideology? it's bad enough as it is......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 34 min edogxxx 97,516
Abby 7-24 36 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-24 39 min edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 42 min lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min wojar 174,513
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Alon 67,898
Cheap Tomatoes 4 hr KidsWillSellTomatoesCHEAP 3
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••