Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#840530 Jan 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe one (joyous) day we will see obama in a jackass drawn carrage with a muslem flag draped over him !
The jackass won't be pulling the carriage but will be inside of it, lily.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#840531 Jan 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Note to the Carols.
Who ever is using Carol's name, please stop. It is not amusing.
To the real Carol,registering will end this nonsense.
Here! Here!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#840528 Jan 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You were comparing this recession to any recession.
This is far worse & thereby recovery will be longer.
The recession ended three years ago, but GDP growth rate is still miserable.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#840532 Jan 16, 2013

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#840533 Jan 16, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that Eman and every other right winger on here is a lost cause. My only interest is trying to figure out what makes them tick. It seems to be a combination of faulty information, primarily from FOX, poor reasoning skills, fear, racism and gullibility. I thought they were harmless and pretty much ignored them until Bush was re-elected. Then I decided I better do what I could to marginalize them.
The lost causes are you sheep who believe anything another liberal says. you believing realputz is a perfect example.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#840534 Jan 16, 2013
Reid has already announced that he will not bring any gun control bill to the Senate floor that cannot pass the House.

Doesn't want to put Democrat Senators facing re-election in 2014 on the record supporting a losing issue.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#840535 Jan 16, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone on here knows you tried to give Obama credit for those rights, when the NRA had much more to do with it. Give credit, where credit is due, Terry.
Eman you're chasing your tail on this. For months I have pointed out that in four years no one has lost a single gun right while Obama has been president, in fact, many have NEW gun rights. In light of recent abuses, Obama, like many other thinking concerned citizens, has decided that something needs to be done to address this problem. Only an ostrich, the NRA or an idiot would bury his head in the sand and hope that the killings would stop without trying something.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#840536 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe one (joyous) day we will see obama in a jackass drawn carrage with a muslem flag draped over him !
Looks like a little payback here.

Maybe now lily will stop being a fake Carol.
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

#840537 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Still not a threat ,just someone looking forward to a joyous ocassion in their and many others opinion , still not a crime.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#840538 Jan 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The NRAís new ad is beyond anything weíve seen, in political propaganda terms, in the modern history of this country. The text goes as follows:
Are the presidentís kids more important than yours? Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school? Mr. Obama demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes, but heís just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security.
Letís start with the adís broken logic. A, the Obama family has Secret Service protection; B, other American families do not; C, because of this, Obama is an elitist and a hypocrite. Itís pretty ludicrous. Malia and Sasha Obama get lots of things because their father won the presidency. They also have a chauffeur; get to ride on a big fancy airplane free of charge and donít have to endure any TSA-related indignities; live in a beautiful big house rent-free; and so on. By the adís logic, all of these are instances of hypocrisy.
And yet, for pretty much all of modern history until this ad was unveiled yesterday, I donít remember anyone begrudging presidential children their right to the perquisites that come with being the presidentís children. People on the right made fun of Amy Carterís and Chelsea Clintonís physical appearance in tasteless ways. People on the left made fun of the Bush girlsí zest for margaritas and what have you.
But this is a step, or three, beyond that. Itís designed to make people who despise the president despise him even more; and itís designed to make them despise his children, 14 and 11 years old, because they live a cosseted life that you and your kids donít; they are ergo elitist hypocrites just like their father.
Itís not even the logic, though, thatís most disturbing. The main thing here is whatís between the lines; the hot buttons in the pro-gun amygdala the ad is designed to push. Just mentioning the presidentís daughters in an ad full of violent imagery and soundsósilhouettes of assault rifles, profiles of heavily armed soldiers, martial musicóis an invitation to certain viewers to make certain mental connections. Iíll stop there. But itís really a shocking thing.
It is true that a couple recent polls have shown majorities backing the NRA position about putting armed guards in schools, which Obama opposes. This is the point of the ad. Thatís a point that could have been made in any number of ways. But the NRA decided to make it in this particular way. Imagine: A group of people tossed this idea around, kicked its tires, so to speak; someone wrote a script; someone chose the images; someone chose the music; someone in authority said yes, letís do this, letís drag the presidentís daughters into it.
And rememberóthis debate is really just starting in earnest today, as the president unveils his proposals. What will the group prove itself capable of if its back is really up against the wall?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01...
next it'll be the dog whistles. or maybe it just happened.
(it's ok. i know you HAVE to call me a racist.....it's the 'rules'.)
where would you folks wander without your ideology? it's bad enough as it is......
The Secret Service protection is just icing on the cake. The fact is that Sidwell Friends School has a significant armed security force in addition to the Secret Service. Obama chooses to send his children to an elite school with armed security instead of to a D.C. Public School, where the Secret Service could also provide security for his children.

Elitist to the core, back to his own private school education.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#840539 Jan 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the debt is charged to Obama, including the $1 trillion Porkulus program which accomplished absolutely nothing.
Right, put it this way Bush was at the table gorging himself and knew Obama had a spot at the table too and waited for Obama to take his spot and abruptly left after gorging himself and lets Obama there at the table to figure out how to pay for his and Bush's bill too.
DEM OR GOP LIBERIALS

Nashville, NC

#840540 Jan 16, 2013
&fe ature=player_embedded

NRA hits Obama over Ďhypocrisyí of armed guards for daughters!

OBAMA DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WE THE PEOPLES
KIDS!!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#840541 Jan 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Law enforcement welcomes veterans serving in MP-AP-SP and certain other roles.
Many employers fret over hiring recently returning combat vets.
I'm sure returning veterans are jumping for joy to end up working for $7.50 an hour for 20 hours and being taught how to apply for medicaide and foodstamps, after sacrificing their lives for their country. What an effing super bonus.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#840542 Jan 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it's about time to change that diaper whiney azzed wimp. Sure I will and then you will know me huh dumbazz. No way in hell would I ever reveal who or where I will even be on a given date. Not with all of you gun nuts running around.
We have more hand guns than the next 17 nations combined and still you idiots want more. 3,000 of our children are killed annually and still you want more guns. By the way I just had a nice article published recently about life in rural America and I have talked to many of you gun nuts and most all are terrible ill informed and clueless about responsible gun control.
"moshx"
Did you note "poop" ignored your question as to when is bio/fantasy would be released? Just another of his stories he has to tip toe around. You note how he is always referring to adult diapers? He uses them, he has an attendant who changes said diapers for "poop" several times a day at his rehab center.
Peace
KMA
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#840543 Jan 16, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Right, put it this way Bush was at the table gorging himself and knew Obama had a spot at the table too and waited for Obama to take his spot and abruptly left after gorging himself and lets Obama there at the table to figure out how to pay for his and Bush's bill too.
Thank you; kinda like "dine n' ditch", the President put it that way yesterday too.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#840544 Jan 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Secret Service protection is just icing on the cake. The fact is that Sidwell Friends School has a significant armed security force in addition to the Secret Service. Obama chooses to send his children to an elite school with armed security instead of to a D.C. Public School, where the Secret Service could also provide security for his children.
Elitist to the core, back to his own private school education.
Yes, this is due to the fact that there are so many sicko racist killers threatening their lives since even before he was elected the first time.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#840545 Jan 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The jackass won't be pulling the carriage but will be inside of it, lily.
Look whose the jackass; that was the posters post who asked what he said to threaten the presidents life. What a bunch of dunderheads y'all are. Kerrristt.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#840546 Jan 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The NRAís new ad is beyond anything weíve seen, in political propaganda terms, in the modern history of this country. The text goes as follows:
Are the presidentís kids more important than yours? Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school? Mr. Obama demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes, but heís just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security.
Letís start with the adís broken logic. A, the Obama family has Secret Service protection; B, other American families do not; C, because of this, Obama is an elitist and a hypocrite. Itís pretty ludicrous. Malia and Sasha Obama get lots of things because their father won the presidency. They also have a chauffeur; get to ride on a big fancy airplane free of charge and donít have to endure any TSA-related indignities; live in a beautiful big house rent-free; and so on. By the adís logic, all of these are instances of hypocrisy.
And yet, for pretty much all of modern history until this ad was unveiled yesterday, I donít remember anyone begrudging presidential children their right to the perquisites that come with being the presidentís children. People on the right made fun of Amy Carterís and Chelsea Clintonís physical appearance in tasteless ways. People on the left made fun of the Bush girlsí zest for margaritas and what have you.
But this is a step, or three, beyond that. Itís designed to make people who despise the president despise him even more; and itís designed to make them despise his children, 14 and 11 years old, because they live a cosseted life that you and your kids donít; they are ergo elitist hypocrites just like their father.
Itís not even the logic, though, thatís most disturbing. The main thing here is whatís between the lines; the hot buttons in the pro-gun amygdala the ad is designed to push. Just mentioning the presidentís daughters in an ad full of violent imagery and soundsósilhouettes of assault rifles, profiles of heavily armed soldiers, martial musicóis an invitation to certain viewers to make certain mental connections. Iíll stop there. But itís really a shocking thing.
It is true that a couple recent polls have shown majorities backing the NRA position about putting armed guards in schools, which Obama opposes. This is the point of the ad. Thatís a point that could have been made in any number of ways. But the NRA decided to make it in this particular way. Imagine: A group of people tossed this idea around, kicked its tires, so to speak; someone wrote a script; someone chose the images; someone chose the music; someone in authority said yes, letís do this, letís drag the presidentís daughters into it.
And rememberóthis debate is really just starting in earnest today, as the president unveils his proposals. What will the group prove itself capable of if its back is really up against the wall?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01...
next it'll be the dog whistles. or maybe it just happened.
(it's ok. i know you HAVE to call me a racist.....it's the 'rules'.)
where would you folks wander without your ideology? it's bad enough as it is......
Armed guards does not equal secret service.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#840547 Jan 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a little payback here.
Maybe now lily will stop being a fake Carol.
No, I forgot to put that posters name on it; the dunderhead who asked what he said to threaten the President.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#840548 Jan 16, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Still not a threat ,just someone looking forward to a joyous ocassion in their and many others opinion , still not a crime.
Yeah, sure killer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min loose cannon 180,803
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min California 48,518
Dear Abby 11/24/14 38 min Mister Tonka 15
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 53 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,789
Super Waste by Post Office 54 min CallWaltJacobson 2
After Ferguson the Protest Should Move to Chicago. 58 min It_sThenigahFault 5
The Brown family are good christian Godly peopl... 1 hr BALONEY Hes THUG 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr primetime justice 98,684
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:09 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:09AM
2014 Week 13 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
NBC Sports 9:38 AM
Colts' practice squad adds Griff Whalen, sprinter Jeff Demps
Bleacher Report10:47 AM
Can Bears Emulate Pats' Successful Gameplan vs. Lions?
Bleacher Report12:46 PM
5 Bold Predictions for Washington Redskins' Week 13 Matchup
Bleacher Report 2:37 PM
Cards Sign Veteran RB Michael Bush