Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#840097 Jan 16, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
When I read stuff like this it picks up my spirits to know these clueless folks have infiltrated the Republican party and will sabotage it from within. Not just you Carol but I can't think of one right wing poster on this site that has any clue at all about how their fanatic ranting turns off rational moderate middle America. We need people like waxturd, Eman, martinezjosei, John Galt, maddmaxx7 ... to start writing letters to the editor to insure a Democratic government for years to come.
Well, my bad then. Maybe you can enlighten me as to the promises Obama made about immigration that were fulfilled in the past four years. I must have missed it or wasn't paying enough attention.

Then you can rant about clueless folks infiltrating the republican party.

I anxiously await hearing back from you.
Lincoln

United States

#840098 Jan 16, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, we KNOW Saddam had WMDs. The UN knew he had WMDs. The entire civilized world knew he had WMDs. The inspectors found remnants of WMDs and where he produced them after he was ousted.
So are you telling me you're not perceptive enough to know he had plenty of time to dispose of them during the 4 years of UN resolutions after 2001 and when the first resolutions started back in the 1990s?
Where do you suppose they went when he not only had them but had used them?
You seem quite perceptive to me. But not on this issue, I'm afraid.
"Look, we KNOW Saddam had WMDs"
is most likely you.

It has not been established and most may not be for several decades. It took thirty year for the World War II ULTRA secret to be revealed.
All you are reading is partisan accounts which exist pro and con.
carol

Orlando, FL

#840099 Jan 16, 2013
Furthermore if the fallout from the housing market crisis had not happened or if more democrats had heeded the warnings, you might have an argument.

If democrats had not controlled both houses of Congress from January 2007 to January 2010 and not controlled the purse strings for four consecutive years during the massive increase in the deficit, you might have an argument.

But as Bob Woodward said, this is the Obama era. History will hold him responsible. You can pretend like it's anyone else's fault all you want to.

How can you be 100% sure Bush and republicans wouldn't have turned things around a long time ago if they had been given the chance? They weren't. That's why you can never be sure.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#840100 Jan 16, 2013
Acting CIA directer Mike Morrel stated enhanced torture interrogation techniques were not key to finding Bin Laden Hannity made false claim Fox News Agency. GF008 Safer World 2013.
Lincoln

United States

#840101 Jan 16, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, my bad then. Maybe you can enlighten me as to the promises Obama made about immigration that were fulfilled in the past four years. I must have missed it or wasn't paying enough attention.
Then you can rant about clueless folks infiltrating the republican party.
I anxiously await hearing back from you.
Long lines formed at help centers and lawyers' office across America Wednesday as thousands of young, undocumented immigrants began applying for relief from deportation.

They took advantage of one of the biggest immigration policy changes in years.

An executive order
by President Barack Obama

allows those who entered the country illegally as children to remain and work without fear of deportation for at least two years.
carol

Orlando, FL

#840102 Jan 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wrote that crap you posted yesterday "Obama has gone to his dark continent roots"?
I did.
carol

Orlando, FL

#840103 Jan 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney may have lost when the 47% video was revealed?
Romney lost the last two debates
Ryan lost the VP debate.
McCain chose Palin over Romney in 2008, interesting
GOP needs new leadership, McCain may do for now.
Unfortunately, Romney's Mormonism and wealth went against him. He also made the mistake of playing it much too safe during the home stretch and lost much of the spotlight the week after the hurricane and right before the election. He was leading in some polls by as much as 7 points before that happened. Obama was able to take full advantage of looking very presidential.

But the 47% remark was also unfortunate.

In contrast, Obama won on a platform of abortion and free birth control pills.

He's the luckiest man on the planet, I would say.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#840105 Jan 16, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
Grampy posted the same thing verbatim; I don't believe you wrote that.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#840104 Jan 16, 2013
French boots on the ground in Mali

A land assault will be under way "within hours" as troops head towards radical Islamist occupied territory

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/16/french_boots_...
carol

Orlando, FL

#840106 Jan 16, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
Acting CIA directer Mike Morrel stated enhanced torture interrogation techniques were not key to finding Bin Laden Hannity made false claim Fox News Agency. GF008 Safer World 2013.
Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA during the time of enhanced techniques, differs with him.
carol

Orlando, FL

#840107 Jan 16, 2013
“I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force – if necessary – to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.”— John F. Kerry, Oct 2002

“The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation.”— John Kerry, October 9, 2002

“(W)e need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. We all know the litany of his offenses. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation.… And now he is miscalculating America&#65533;s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. That is why the world, through the United Nations Security Council, has spoken with one voice, demanding that Iraq disclose its weapons programs and disarm. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but it is not new. It has been with us since the end of the Persian Gulf War.”— John Kerry, Jan 23, 2003

Read it and weep.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#840108 Jan 16, 2013
Afghan Intelligence Agency is AlQaeda behind suicide bomb attack. GF008 Safer World 2013.
OBAMA THE BULLY

Nashville, NC

#840109 Jan 16, 2013
Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds
Written by Alex Newman

font size
Print

As the Obama administration plots various assaults on gun rights by “executive order” and legislation, proposals described as “very extreme” even by some Democrats, state lawmakers in Wyoming have another idea. Republican legislators are rallying behind nullification legislation that would void unconstitutional infringements on the right to keep and bear arms, even providing prison time for any federal agents who may try to enforce Washington, D.C., gun control in the state. Lawmakers expect it to pass.

The new bill, H.B. 0104 or the “Firearms Protection Act,” would nullify any new federal infringements on the constitutionally protected gun rights of state residents — who enjoy some of the lowest crime rates while being among the most heavily armed people in America. Unconstitutional federal gun registration schemes, as well as restrictions on semi-automatic guns or standard-capacity magazines, would also be nullified under the legislation.

There are teeth in the proposed law too: Any federal official attempting to enforce unconstitutional statutes or decrees infringing on gun rights passed after January 1 of this year would be charged with a felony. If convicted, criminal officials would be punished by up to five years in state prison and a $5,000 fine. The legislation also authorizes the state attorney general to defend citizens of Wyoming if federal authorities seek prosecutions under unconstitutional gun control rules.

At least eight state representatives and two state senators have already sponsored the legislation. And nationwide, support for similar measures is exploding. "We want to get things ahead of the game," Republican state Rep. Kendell Kroeker, the primary sponsor of the bill, told the Huffington Post. "We take the Second Amendment seriously in Wyoming.... If the federal government is going to pass laws taking back our rights, it is our right as a state to defend those rights."
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#840110 Jan 16, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, we KNOW Saddam had WMDs. The UN knew he had WMDs. The entire civilized world knew he had WMDs. The inspectors found remnants of WMDs and where he produced them after he was ousted.
So are you telling me you're not perceptive enough to know he had plenty of time to dispose of them during the 4 years of UN resolutions after 2001 and when the first resolutions started back in the 1990s?
Where do you suppose they went when he not only had them but had used them?
You seem quite perceptive to me. But not on this issue, I'm afraid.
Carol you have to have the hardest head on here. All the world knows that attacking Iraq was a major blunder, most in Bush's circle have admitted so. The many lies have all been substantiated.

Why is it that hardly any Republican, including you have paid so little attention to our wasted troops [and trillions wasted] when initially all of you were pretending to be so patriotic? Even now you still foolishly attempt to present that major blunder as a good thing..How many of your children would you have sacrificed for that lying adventure?

Even faced with all insurmountable evidence you still attempt daily to make excuses, while showing absolutly no concern for the fallen. It is and always be the BUSH-CHENEY blunder with much help with all of the lies from Rumsfeld and Wolfowich. You are the typical ideolog and fully loaded with your fanaticism, you prove that daily. If I were one of your family members I would strongly urge that you be psychologilly tested. Seriously!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#840111 Jan 16, 2013
I remember when Republicans used to pick fights they had a chance of winning.
—@LOLGOP via TweetDeck
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#840112 Jan 16, 2013
Koch Brothers think they own U.S. Congress. GF008 Safer World 2013.
carol

Orlando, FL

#840113 Jan 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans clearly need a candidate who can lie better than the opposition...and get away with it.
Promise everything to everybody, regardless of cost.
As for Huntsman, what would be the point?
Exactly. Republicans are going to have to learn how to wear boxing gloves.

But lying isn't necessary. Telling the truth with mind-numbing, relentless one-two punches is all that's needed for a winning strategy.

Romney decided to be the president of the debate team, not the boxing team.

The next republican candidate better start training now.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#840114 Jan 16, 2013
Jumping out ahead of Washington, New York enacted the nation's toughest gun restrictions Tuesday and the first since the Connecticut school shooting, including an expanded assault-weapon ban and mandatory background checks for buying ammunition.

Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed the measure into law less than an hour after it won final passage in the Legislature, with supporters hailing it as a model for the nation and gun-rights activists condemning it as a knee-jerk piece of legislation that won't make anyone safer and is too extreme to win support in the rest of the country.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/new-...

Rest of the country like CT, MD, CO where proposals are on the table? How about those Pew (In Gun Control Debate, Several Options Draw Majority Support) and ABC/WaPo (After Newtown Shootings, Most Back Some Gun Controls, Poll Shows) polls? How about ME (Poll finds support for guns – as well as limits – in Maine) and NJ (Gun control finds support in N.J., according to latest poll)?
Lincoln

United States

#840115 Jan 16, 2013
carol wrote:
“I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force – if necessary – to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.”— John F. Kerry, Oct 2002
“The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation.”— John Kerry, October 9, 2002
“(W)e need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. We all know the litany of his offenses. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation.… And now he is miscalculating America&#65533;s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. That is why the world, through the United Nations Security Council, has spoken with one voice, demanding that Iraq disclose its weapons programs and disarm. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but it is not new. It has been with us since the end of the Persian Gulf War.”— John Kerry, Jan 23, 2003
Read it and weep.
"Drama Queen Act" gets old.
Iraq war is over, President Obama withdrew the troops.
Next withdrawal Afghanistan.
OATH KEEPERS

Nashville, NC

#840116 Jan 16, 2013
Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, veterans, peace officers, and firefighters who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.

Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders, such as orders to disarm the American people or to place them under martial law and deprive them of their ancient right to jury trial.

We Oath Keepers have drawn a line in the sand. We will not “just follow orders.”

Our motto is “Not on our watch!”

If you, the American people, are forced to once again fight for your liberty in another American Revolution, you will not be alone. We will stand with you.

There is at this time a debate within the ranks of the military regarding their oath. Some mistakenly believe they must follow any order the President issues. But you can rest assured that many others in the military do understand that their loyalty is to the Constitution, and understand what that means.

The mission of Oath Keepers is to vastly increase their numbers. We are in a battle for the hearts and minds of our own troops. To win that battle, Oath Keepers will use written and video testimony of active duty military, veterans (especially combat vets), and peace officers to reach, teach, and inspire our brothers in arms in the military and police to fulfill their oaths and stand as guardians of the Republic.

If you are currently in the military, are a veteran, or are a peace officer, please submit your written and/or video testimony on your oath, so you can help us win that battle for hearts and minds. Your submission may be anonymous.

Guardians of the Republic, fulfill your oath. Join us.

(read a longer description here)

What We Are Not

“written by Capt. Gregory Gooch (Ret.) in March, 2009&#8243; who was is now a retired member of the Oath Keepers National Board.

We are Not advocating or promoting the overthrow of any government whether local, state or national. We want our governments to return to the Constitutional Republic which the Declaration of Independence and the
Constitution defined and instituted.

We are Not advocating or promoting violence towards any organization, group or person. We are determined to Keep our Oath to support and defend the Constitution.

We are not advocating or promoting the removal of any person from his or her elected office. We want all elected persons to live up to their Oath to “support and defend the Constitution” as it is written or to leave of their own volition.

We are not advocating or promoting that anyone in the Judicial Branch be removed or replaced. We want the Justices in the Judicial Branch to follow the Constitution as written without interpretation.

We are not advocating or promoting any particular form of government other than the Constitutional Republic which the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution defined and instituted.

We are not advocating or promoting the rewriting of the Constitution nor are we asking for an Amendment thereto. We are insisting on the Constitution being Enforced as it is written.

We are Not advocating or promoting any act or acts of aggression against any organization or person for any
reason including, but not limited to; race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, gender or sexual orientation.

We hope for a return to a Constitutional Republic free from fear and hatred. We hate only tyranny.

We are Oath Sworn Americans who want the Constitution returned to its legal and rightful place, intact, as the ultimate Law of the Land.

BYLAWS OF OATH KEEPERS

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/about/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kalyan single jodi callll-08339890226 1 hr susil bhai 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 1 hr joey 86
428 homicides in 2013 2 hr joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 49,184
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Sunshine 181,798
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 6 hr Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 6 hr Roxie Darling 718
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr cheluzal 98,851
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]