Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#840031 Jan 16, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen nothing from RH that even remotely suggests that she is intimidated. And what business is it of yours whether she has a sweetie or not? None. Omit the schoolyard tactics and you might be taken more seriously.
Nice one LRS! Thank you!

Location hidden

#840032 Jan 16, 2013
Atmore Al wrote:
<quoted text> Voting for the incompetent Obama was throwing your vote away, because you ended up with an additional 4 more years of inadequate leadership and Obamafailure.
Nice one!!! Salute!

Location hidden

#840034 Jan 16, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Romney would have been no better and proved that as Governor of Massachusetts but I know if Romney was president he would have not hesitated at all in reinstating the Federal Assault Weapons Ban for sure which he favored the Massachusetts one and he is no freind to the 2nd amendment.
When Romney took office in 2003, Massachusetts had a $3 billion deficit. By 2005, the state had a $1 billion surplus, plus a so-called rainy day fund of another $2 billion. When Romney left office on January 4, 2006, the Bay State had a balanced budget plus the rainy day fund — all without ever raising taxes.

“What I think stands out about his relationship with the legislature is he made it a point not to demonize his political opposition,” Eric Fehrnstrom, Romney’s senior adviser, tells me.

“Instead of giving speeches that were critical of the Democratic leadership, he invited them into his office every week for a meeting to discuss their shared agenda for the state. And sometimes there was business to discuss, and when there wasn't, the meeting still took place. They would end up talking about the last movie they saw,” Fehrnstrom said.

http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/Romney-S...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#840035 Jan 16, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
When Romney took office in 2003, Massachusetts had a $3 billion deficit. By 2005, the state had a $1 billion surplus, plus a so-called rainy day fund of another $2 billion. When Romney left office on January 4, 2006, the Bay State had a balanced budget plus the rainy day fund — all without ever raising taxes.
“What I think stands out about his relationship with the legislature is he made it a point not to demonize his political opposition,” Eric Fehrnstrom, Romney’s senior adviser, tells me.
“Instead of giving speeches that were critical of the Democratic leadership, he invited them into his office every week for a meeting to discuss their shared agenda for the state. And sometimes there was business to discuss, and when there wasn't, the meeting still took place. They would end up talking about the last movie they saw,” Fehrnstrom said.
http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/Romney-S...
Lucky for the rest of us, that because of people like you he did not get elected. I mean how could he carrying all that tea baggage around his neck like a hangman's rope. Any sane rational clear thinking person will always run from that like the plague. It will be the same with the gun laws. They will change like it or not.
Provocateur

Denver, CO

#840036 Jan 16, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen nothing from RH that even remotely suggests that she is intimidated. And what business is it of yours whether she has a sweetie or not? None. Omit the schoolyard tactics and you might be taken more seriously.
Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you worse advice.
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

El Monte, CA

#840037 Jan 16, 2013
That
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The republicans think they're winning something. Marsha Blackburn makes me think of Carol!
The republicans have proven they are incapable of governing.
let's start with the fact that republicans do not have a real leader, and they know it! that party's future is uncertain, thanks to the tea party who's shrinking by the day.
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

#840038 Jan 16, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you bet your wrong! I am not intimidated at all. Just fear for the futures of my children and grandchildren due to Obama's policies.
don't blame obama for your own personal problems, he will be gone from being president before your kids grow up.
Mitt Wrongney

United States

#840039 Jan 16, 2013
4 more years, YES, THANK YOU AMERICA FOR ELECTING WHAT'S BEST FOR AMERICA.
Mitt Wrongney

El Monte, CA

#840041 Jan 16, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not your son, sweetie. Obama is dangerous in many ways, but I do not believe our enemies are the least bit intimidated by him. Just the opposite.
Really? Obama has kept your a$$ and this country safer by weakening al-queda and killing his leader, grant credit when credit is due, but being the wingnut that you are, the chances are ZERO.

Location hidden

#840043 Jan 16, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky for the rest of us, that because of people like you he did not get elected. I mean how could he carrying all that tea baggage around his neck like a hangman's rope. Any sane rational clear thinking person will always run from that like the plague. It will be the same with the gun laws. They will change like it or not.
What a nice guy!!!! LMAO!

And your guy is doing an outstanding job??????????

Location hidden

#840044 Jan 16, 2013
Mitt Wrongney wrote:
<quoted text> Really? Obama has kept your a$$ and this country safer by weakening al-queda and killing his leader, grant credit when credit is due, but being the wingnut that you are, the chances are ZERO.
Oh my! Another nice guy! LMAO!

The killing of Osama bin Laden marks the culmination of a counterterrorism campaign that made decapitating the al-Qaeda network its paramount goal.

But al-Qaeda has metastasized in the decade since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, expanding its reach and adapting its tactics in ways that make the organization likely to remain the most significant security threat to the United States despite its leader’s demise.

Another retired CIA veteran, Paul Pillar, who served as the agency’s national intelligence officer for the Middle East and South Asia from 2000 to 2004, said al-Qaeda has been widely decentralized, spreading to Yemen-based al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and other organizations, and that bin Laden’s death would have little impact on the planning of attacks.

“In terms of operational control and direction, most of the change that matters has already taken place,” he said. Bin Laden’s role “for some time has been more as a symbol and a source of ideology than an instigator of operations. That role will continue, dead as well as alive.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...

Location hidden

#840045 Jan 16, 2013
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> don't blame obama for your own personal problems, he will be gone from being president before your kids grow up.
I don't recall saying I had any personal problems!
Mitt Wrongney

El Monte, CA

#840046 Jan 16, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my! Another nice guy! LMAO!
The killing of Osama bin Laden marks the culmination of a counterterrorism campaign that made decapitating the al-Qaeda network its paramount goal.
But al-Qaeda has metastasized in the decade since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, expanding its reach and adapting its tactics in ways that make the organization likely to remain the most significant security threat to the United States despite its leader’s demise.
Another retired CIA veteran, Paul Pillar, who served as the agency’s national intelligence officer for the Middle East and South Asia from 2000 to 2004, said al-Qaeda has been widely decentralized, spreading to Yemen-based al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and other organizations, and that bin Laden’s death would have little impact on the planning of attacks.
“In terms of operational control and direction, most of the change that matters has already taken place,” he said. Bin Laden’s role “for some time has been more as a symbol and a source of ideology than an instigator of operations. That role will continue, dead as well as alive.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...
what a crock of hooey!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#840047 Jan 16, 2013
The story of John Henry the steel driving man. Statute of John Henry outside the town of Talbot in Summers County, West Virginia. John Henry the Africsn American blues ballad is arguably the best American folk song. He traveled from coast to coast as the rail roads drove west during the 19th century.
Mitt Wrongney

El Monte, CA

#840048 Jan 16, 2013
Obamas War on Prosperity wrote:
If each one of you Liberal/Marxists were given a lump some of $1,000,000 dollars that you must invest and keep it short,or long term with your diviidends,returns etc;who would manage your money,Obama or Romney?
certainly romney can't do nothing about it now, so does it matter still for you all wingnuts?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#840049 Jan 16, 2013
Grampy wrote:
Obama's Dark Continent roots are emerging. Typical reaction after winning an election, the fool thinks he's a dictator with unrestricted powers! Idi Amin, Robert Mugabe, Charles Taylor, Joseph Mobuto, Laurent Kabila, and now Barack Obama, all dedicated control freaks hellbent on destroying their countries.
Nice to see members of congress openly discussing impeachment now, even before the narcistic bastard starts his second term!
Back again spewing prevarication are we Grampy? Rep Steve Stockman from Texas is the only one talking impeachment if Obama uses executive power to strengthen and enforce laws already on the books, which he has the power to do under the Constitution. It's all bluster and not going anywhere.
Even if this nut case could get the necessary votes in the House which he can't, it would go next to the Senate which is controlled by Democrats. In 2014 voters would react to this massive waste of time and taxpayer money by sending more Republicans packing.
You're an idiot Grampy and a racist piece of crap. Or is that being redundant?

Location hidden

#840050 Jan 16, 2013
Mitt Wrongney wrote:
4 more years, YES, THANK YOU AMERICA FOR ELECTING WHAT'S BEST FOR AMERICA.
The economy has barely grown during the Obama years. The recession ended three and a half years ago, yet economic growth has averaged barely 2 percent per year since the beginning of 2010, far short of what is necessary to sustain employment increases and a growing economy. Given the huge downturn in 2008 (not Obama’s fault), you would expect economic growth would have increased sharply, but that has not been the case (Obama’s fault). This is not an academic discussion, but has real world consequences – primarily for the most vulnerable in our society. The president won reelection primarily because voters thought he “understands our problems,” but his stagnant economy is devastating to those who need help most.

President Obama will someday be held to account for the high youth unemployment, the underfunded entitlements, and the rapidly increasing poverty in America. Good intentions are nice but are not a substitute for policies that preserve the American Dream of upward mobility.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/the-man...

Location hidden

#840051 Jan 16, 2013
Mitt Wrongney wrote:
<quoted text> what a crock of hooey!
Then disprove it! You really need to face reality!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#840053 Jan 16, 2013
I watched on tv U.S. gov experiment crashing an unmanned big aircraft 747 possibly that was crash landed and experimental foam was used to try and stop fires. Experiment did not work and explosion occured on runway. Did AlQaeda watch same tv show and come up with idea to crash planes into twin towers. I watched on tv around 2000. GF008 Safer World 2013
Mitt Wrongney

El Monte, CA

#840054 Jan 16, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy has barely grown during the Obama years. The recession ended three and a half years ago, yet economic growth has averaged barely 2 percent per year since the beginning of 2010, far short of what is necessary to sustain employment increases and a growing economy. Given the huge downturn in 2008 (not Obama’s fault), you would expect economic growth would have increased sharply, but that has not been the case (Obama’s fault). This is not an academic discussion, but has real world consequences – primarily for the most vulnerable in our society. The president won reelection primarily because voters thought he “understands our problems,” but his stagnant economy is devastating to those who need help most.
President Obama will someday be held to account for the high youth unemployment, the underfunded entitlements, and the rapidly increasing poverty in America. Good intentions are nice but are not a substitute for policies that preserve the American Dream of upward mobility.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/the-man...
Ex- President bush jr. Is the one you should be blaming for the budget deficits in the trillions he inheredited obama with. BUSH ruined the budget surplus CLINTON LEFT HIM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Sunshine 181,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,183
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Roxie Darling 718
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr cheluzal 98,851
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 5 hr barefoot2626 16
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 6 hr Cracker Jack 40
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago