Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
774,561 - 774,580 of 1,100,173 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Grey Ghost

Conway, AR

#839801 Jan 15, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Maddmax's mamma is so fat that when she backs up she beeps.
Se x with goats 2016!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#839802 Jan 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress created both the fiscal cliff and the debt ceiling crisises.
Nuculur at least you have it Right; we can thank the Democrats for the Crisis!! The last budget passed was in 2009 control by Democrats

Nuculur no mystery why…The budget passed by large Democratic majorities in the first months of the Obama administration had hugely elevated levels of spending in it. By not passing a new spending plan since, Reid has in effect made those levels the new budgetary baseline. Congress has kept the government going with continuing resolutions based on the last budget signed!! I’ve ask before don’t you think Reid/Senate should comply with the Law and pass a Budget?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#839803 Jan 15, 2013
new yawk wrote:
Got that the wrong way around, don'cha?
Why go to see ONE loser talkin' smack?
And high on crack!?
Condi Rice and Col West ARE the TWO Historical Events at the inauguration!
Packing heat? A comment conceived by a mind ravaged and consumed with hatred and ill will toward all that is innocent and good!
Cynical drunken racist wretch!
<quoted text>
More like hysterical events__it was Flacks post and he clearly stated General West.

There is an AF General West who is interesting and of course there is the StarGate Gen West lol.

I would need to see the time and place before I'd believe that "citizen" Allen West is speaking to high schoolers at the upcoming inauguration.

Condi Rice, a professor at Stanford University would be interesting for high schoolers if it were in an inspirational setting.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839804 Jan 15, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Three democrats including a former Clinton advisor and Kristin Powers said today Obama's tone and implying republicans don't care about starving children yesterday was "juvenile".
"Juvenile." That's the word all three of them agreed upon.
Doesn't sound very intellectually superior to me.
One of them even said Obama is walking a very thin line.
Indeed...a very thin line.
Sorry, I'm a little upset and started mixing metaphors. I meant walking a "fine" line, and, I suppose on "thin" ice. Wouldn't want Leo coming back in to correct me now would I?
Jedisfor America

Somerset, KY

#839805 Jan 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you still don't quite get the english language.
Even in it's most simplistic form apparently. Geez.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#839806 Jan 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
All you do is tell lies!!
Read it and weep, nitwit!!
""The direct warnings to Mr. Bush about the possibility of a Qaeda attack began in the spring of 2001. By May 1, the Central Intelligence Agency told the White House of a report that “a group presently in the United States” was planning a terrorist operation. Weeks later, on June 22, the daily brief reported that Qaeda strikes could be “imminent,” although intelligence suggested the time frame was flexible.
But some in the administration considered the warning to be just bluster. An intelligence official and a member of the Bush administration both told me in interviews that the neoconservative leaders who had recently assumed power at the Pentagon were warning the White House that the C.I.A. had been fooled; according to this theory, Bin Laden was merely pretending to be planning an attack to distract the administration from Saddam Hussein, whom the neoconservatives saw as a greater threat. Intelligence officials, these sources said, protested that the idea of Bin Laden, an Islamic fundamentalist, conspiring with Mr. Hussein, an Iraqi secularist, was ridiculous, but the neoconservatives’ suspicions were nevertheless carrying the day.
In response, the C.I.A. prepared an analysis that all but pleaded with the White House to accept that the danger from Bin Laden was real.
“The U.S. is not the target of a disinformation campaign by Usama Bin Laden,” the daily brief of June 29 read, using the government’s transliteration of Bin Laden’s first name. Going on for more than a page, the document recited much of the evidence, including an interview that month with a Middle Eastern journalist in which Bin Laden aides warned of a coming attack, as well as competitive pressures that the terrorist leader was feeling, given the number of Islamists being recruited for the separatist Russian region of Chechnya.
And the C.I.A. repeated the warnings in the briefs that followed. Operatives connected to Bin Laden, one reported on June 29, expected the planned near-term attacks to have “dramatic consequences,” including major casualties. On July 1, the brief stated that the operation had been delayed, but “will occur soon.” Some of the briefs again reminded Mr. Bush that the attack timing was flexible, and that, despite any perceived delay, the planned assault was on track.
Yet, the White House failed to take significant action. Officials at the Counterterrorism Center of the C.I.A. grew apoplectic. On July 9, at a meeting of the counterterrorism group, one official suggested that the staff put in for a transfer so that somebody else would be responsible when the attack took place, two people who were there told me in interviews. The suggestion was batted down, they said, because there would be no time to train anyone else.""
----------
bush ignored the warnings, which were numerous.
I just gave you the proof.\\Now shut up and go stand in the corner.
<quoted text>
Yep, still having problems with the English language. The subject was wmd, dumbass

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#839807 Jan 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Reference please.
Although I find it hard to believe that anyone who follows politics needs proof that Obama was against invading Iraq, here's some sources:

http://dangerousintersection.org/2008/03/08/w...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/23/politics/fact-c...

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Pre...

http://usliberals.about.com/od/extraordinarys...

Yet another example of the misinformation/lack of information of "fair and balanced" FOX News.
Jedisfor America

Somerset, KY

#839808 Jan 15, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They are juvenile, and spiteful, vindictive, conniving and unable to govern.
Thin line? He's the President. What the hell are you talking about?
You're party is threatening to put the country into default. You and I will be dead before another republican ever gets near the White House!
If there are any starving children in America-shame on the PARENTS-for abusing the EBT cards!!
Atmore Al

Pompano Beach, FL

#839809 Jan 15, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called having intestinal fortitude and convictions...Maybe you should look those words up?
Maybe you should check out the black race card. Don't they give you a dictionary in BUMPASS? LOL
carol

Orlando, FL

#839810 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Carols birfer racist roots emerging. Quel surpris.
Try debil. You've been fooled.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#839811 Jan 15, 2013
Then just read the quoted texts below.

My reply was to Lily Thang with her endless inane babble and usual mindless chatter.

new yawk:
Why go to see ONE loser talkin' smack?
And high on crack!?

Condi Rice and Col West ARE the TWO Historical Events at the inauguration!

Packing heat? A comment conceived by a mind ravaged and consumed with hatred and ill will toward all that is innocent and good!

Cynical drunken racist wretch!
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you lost me there, hon. But it's good to see you here we need all the help we can get.^5.
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
Well in 3 days oldest daughter heads to D.C. for the coronation err the inauguration. Suppose to be cold as heck just like the first time. At least she gets to go to two seminars. One by Condi Rice and the other by Gen. West. Wish I could go hear those myself.
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope she's not packing heat. Why go to the historical event of the inauguration of the second term of President Obama to see two losers talking smack?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#839812 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
The President is above the fray; he is the superior intellect, the adult in the midst of a bunch of peepee pants whining entiteled babies.
What a dumbass you are.
Atmore Al

Pompano Beach, FL

#839813 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
They are juvenile, and spiteful, vindictive, conniving and unable to govern.
Thin line? He's the President. What the hell are you talking about?
You're party is threatening to put the country into default. You and I will be dead before another republican ever gets near the White House!
Too bad our nation doesn't have a leader; even Clinton was able to lead Congress. The community organizer only knows how to lead a campaign for himself; kind of like you leading yourself to the liquor store instead of the rehab.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#839814 Jan 15, 2013
Blacks are still being told to wait for obama, he didn't tell the illegal border crossers to wait, he didn't the gays to wait, he didn't tell the fems to wait only BLACKS keep waiting you will get another story,CHITOWN wait,Newtown
Atmore Al

Pompano Beach, FL

#839815 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm never unkind. I'm not petite either, I'm tall. It's just that those fatsos annoy the hell out of me. Especially when they block entire aisles with their bodies in those hoverrounds in the grocery stores!!
You must really lose it when you're in the liquor aisles.
Atmore Al

Pompano Beach, FL

#839816 Jan 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeb lives to prove to the world just how stupid he is!!
But he can't beat you! LOL

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#839817 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Another sick who's into golden showers; did your mama do that to you?
You're such a classy "lady".
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#839819 Jan 15, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I'm a little upset and started mixing metaphors. I meant walking a "fine" line, and, I suppose on "thin" ice. Wouldn't want Leo coming back in to correct me now would I?
January 15, 2013

Republicans Accuse Obama of Using Position as President to Lead Country

Posted by Andy Borowitz

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Responding to reports that President Obama is considering signing as many as nineteen executive orders on gun control, Republicans in Congress unleashed a blistering attack on him today, accusing Mr. Obama of “cynically and systematically using his position as President to lead the country.”

Spearheading the offensive was Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas), who charged the President with the “wanton exploitation of powers that are legally granted to him under the U.S. Constitution.”

Calling him the “Law Professor-in-Chief,” Rep. Stockman accused Mr. Obama of “manipulating a little-known section of the Constitution,” Article II, which outlines the power of the President.

President Obama looks down the list of all of the powers that are legally his and he’s like a kid in a candy store,” Rep. Stockman said.“It’s nauseating.”

The Texas congressman said that if Mr. Obama persists in executing the office of the Presidency as defined by the Constitution, he could face “impeachment and/or deportation.”

Noting that the President has not yet signed the executive orders on gun control, Rep. Stockman said that he hoped his stern words would serve as a wake-up call to Mr. Obama:“Mr. President, there’s still time for you to get in line. But if you continue to fulfill the duties of President of the United States that are expressly permitted in the Constitution, you are playing with fire.”

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
Jedisfor America

Somerset, KY

#839820 Jan 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, still having problems with the English language. The subject was wmd, dumbass
Turn 'em all in, to the G'O'stopo -for being ignorant.

And no pepmo'bismal either for the being willfully ignorant ones, the rations depleted for another month.

CAP, CURB, BUDGET, Balance and live within the means, and get some prioritites!
The STINKO econmy demands it again!

TEA

Welcome to our geneRational reality!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#839822 Jan 15, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Immigrants closely related to U.S. citizens can now apply for visas from the U.S., according to a rule announced by the Department of Homeland Security, Wednesday. Until now, immigrant parents, children or spouses of American citizens were required to return to their home country to apply for legal status. Because of a separate 1996 law meant to discourage repeat migration to the U.S., immigrants who had overstayed a prior visa can be barred from returning for 3 to 10 years. As a result, many immigrants who could be eligible for legal status through a close family member chose to stay in the U.S. illegally and opt out of the visa process altogether.
Now, family members can seek legal status from the United States, and return to their home countries when a visa is ready, leaving for a few weeks instead of years. The administration says this rule change keeps families together and encourages people who are here illegally to come forward and seek legal recognition. The rule could affect 1 million of the estimated 11 million people in the U.S. illegally.
Is this step a smart way to ensure that families stay together? Or is it a giant loophole that significantly alters immigration policy? And, what role will Congress play, when recent policy changes have all come from the White House?
-
Infighting has penetrated the highest levels of the House GOP leadership. Long-standing geographic tensions have increased, pitting endangered Northeastern Republicans against their colleagues from other parts of the country. Enraged tea party leaders are threatening to knock off dozens of Republicans who supported a measure that raised taxes on the nation’s highest earners.
‘‘People are mad as hell. I'm right there with them,’’ Amy Kremer, chairman of the Tea Party Express, said late last week, declaring that she has ‘‘no confidence’’ in the party her members typically support. Her remarks came after GOP lawmakers agreed to higher taxes but no broad spending cuts as part of a deal to avert the ‘‘fiscal cliff.’’
This is why we need to do something about anchor babies. And when parents are deported, take your kids with you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,375
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 23 min Preacher 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min BoDidHe 49,477
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 46,313
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 97,932
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 68,977
Amy 8-29 6 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••