Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,727)

Showing posts 774,521 - 774,540 of1,072,441
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jedisfor America

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Private enterprise, private land, capitalism and profit making in the new oil economy. Obama deserves none of the credit, on the contrary he did his best to prevent it.
uest commentary
Oil industry wooing young professionals to Denver
Posted: 01/15/2013 12:01:00 AM MST
By Parker Heikes and John Heinledenverpost.com
Contractors for Anadarko Petroleum Corporation are seen on a drilling rig near Platteville in this March 2012 file photo.(RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post)Late last year, the International Energy Agency announced that U.S. oil production is poised to surpass Saudi Arabia's by 2020. That announcement — later disputed but not debunked — not only sent energy tidal waves across the industry, but the world as well.
In a classic example of the student becoming the master, our oil-producing ally in the Middle East may soon be in our rearview mirror. Average citizens and elected officeholders alike quickly recognized the implications for job growth, economic investment and national security.
Read more: Oil industry wooing young professionals to Denver - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_22372614...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Get the F ing government out of the way, just think of the new jobs the Keystone pipeline would have brought.
Obama "Jobs? we don't need no steenking jobs"!!!!
Kinda like heartburn and acid indigestion doesn't need pepmo' bismal or malox or something similar huh?
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

I am no longer allowed to play chess with Russian chess champ. I am considered another Bobby Fisher. GF008 Safer World 2013
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

The CEO who said that he would "start killing people" if President Barack Obama tightened gun control regulations has walked back on his comments.

"I said some pretty volatile stuff which I apologize for. I do not in any way advocate the overthrowing of the United States government, nor do I condone any violent actions towards any elected officials," James Yeager, CEO of Tactical Response, a Tennessee-based defense training company, said in a YouTube video on Friday.

"It's not time to shoot anybody," he said, while sitting next to a lawyer. "What it is time to do is to organize politically, contact our elected officials and help steer the ship the direction that we want it to go."

"The way to do that right now is via letters, via emails, some phone calls to your elected officials," he added.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/jame...
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Immigrants closely related to U.S. citizens can now apply for visas from the U.S., according to a rule announced by the Department of Homeland Security, Wednesday. Until now, immigrant parents, children or spouses of American citizens were required to return to their home country to apply for legal status. Because of a separate 1996 law meant to discourage repeat migration to the U.S., immigrants who had overstayed a prior visa can be barred from returning for 3 to 10 years. As a result, many immigrants who could be eligible for legal status through a close family member chose to stay in the U.S. illegally and opt out of the visa process altogether.
Now, family members can seek legal status from the United States, and return to their home countries when a visa is ready, leaving for a few weeks instead of years. The administration says this rule change keeps families together and encourages people who are here illegally to come forward and seek legal recognition. The rule could affect 1 million of the estimated 11 million people in the U.S. illegally.
Is this step a smart way to ensure that families stay together? Or is it a giant loophole that significantly alters immigration policy? And, what role will Congress play, when recent policy changes have all come from the White House?
-
Infighting has penetrated the highest levels of the House GOP leadership. Long-standing geographic tensions have increased, pitting endangered Northeastern Republicans against their colleagues from other parts of the country. Enraged tea party leaders are threatening to knock off dozens of Republicans who supported a measure that raised taxes on the nation’s highest earners.
‘‘People are mad as hell. I'm right there with them,’’ Amy Kremer, chairman of the Tea Party Express, said late last week, declaring that she has ‘‘no confidence’’ in the party her members typically support. Her remarks came after GOP lawmakers agreed to higher taxes but no broad spending cuts as part of a deal to avert the ‘‘fiscal cliff.’’

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Who uses children as props?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiotic old slag, the subject was the whining racist Gen. Powell and his lies about racism from the right.
I repeat, sober up, it's well know you're an alcoholic.
Colin Powell is a black man; he is not racist, your party is full of racists and he told the truth.
Why deny it? Everything you say is racist and so you should be proud of your ignorance.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The President is above the fray; he is the superior intellect, the adult in the midst of a bunch of peepee pants whining entiteled babies.
the current president is a treasonous bastard who shits on the constitution and the American people. People like you are fools who eat that shit and worship that vile waste of human flesh.
Jedisfor America

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuomo-Christie 2016 ?
:-)
Ok- that'll work :-)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You libtards are sounding more like NAZI's every day. He's a clueless clown who would be king. Well we don't have a monarchy in this country. Superior intellect my aunt fannie!
He is most definitely the intellectual heavy weight in this scenario. He has the republicans tripping all over themselves acting more foolish than ever.
I hope they shut the government down. You'll be long dead before another republican ever gets elected president of these United States.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually John Kerry was dumb enough to believe the Bush Administration when they f*cking lied out their ass about Sadam having wmd's.
And now he's going to be secretary of state? Scary!
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You libtards are sounding more like NAZI's every day. He's a clueless clown who would be king. Well we don't have a monarchy in this country. Superior intellect my aunt fannie!
Come on Flack, you know all the great thinkers with superior intellect seal all college records !

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem for you is that they got no useful intelligence from those who were waterboarded.
Per the CIA, who was doing the waterboarding.
""As for getting "phenomenal results" from waterboarding alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the CIA Inspector General's report on the subject was inconclusive—with the author noting that "you could not in good conscience reach a definitive conclusion about whether any specific technique was especially effective, or [whether] the enhanced techniques in the aggregate really worked." Of course, what we know now is that when it came to tracking down Osama bin Laden's whereabouts, KSM lied despite being subjected to waterboarding, as did other detainees who were tortured. Cheney seems to think those are "phenomenal results."
Bush apologists have been trying for months to credit brutal interrogation techniques for the discovery Osama bin Laden's hideout, all evidence to the contrary. Torture in fact, harmed the America's intelligence collection efforts post-9/11, at least according to former FBI interrogator Ali Soufan. In his new memoir, he writes that the Bush administration's fixation on torture, FBI agents ceased participating in interrogations, "meaning that some of the government’s most knowledgeable experts were unable to speak with the most important terrorists." That claim is difficult to evaluate, but Cheney's claims about waterboarding are false on their face.""
----------
You really should let go of this. You bring it up every few months, get beat about the head over your ignorance, drop it for awhile, then bring up the same stupidity all over again.
Get a life. You're here all the time. You and Nobraina are the most frequent posters on this thread and all you do is spread lies.
Losing an election isn't even enough to make you realize how out of touch you are.
That's how brainlessly partisan you are.
The mantra amongst you wingnuts is:
'Don''t talk about Bush, he's not President anymore'.
But let's talk about Clinton, Carter and any Democrat President, no matter how far back in history it is.
You're funny like that. Not ha-ha funny, but very sick funny.
Motherjones? Hahahahahaha

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
It's amazing to see and hear their new arguments indeed. I once spoke with a maternal-fetal medicine doctor about a patient and then in the midst of his all, he started telling me "what a genius that man is"... A "super-educated" person with several specialties and a Ph.d. Yes, the intelligentsia is incredible with regards to Obama also. No wonder those below on the food chain eating from same trough can nothing but giggle here as well. This is a contagion of grandeur in proxy, kind of like MuenchHausen in proxy where a mother injures her child to get attention. Well, in this case, Obama is the grandeur they want to create about themselves and the only way to get it is to make it up, it seems.

brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

I am afraid that Alqaeda has done nothing more but awakened a sleeping Giant in the United States of America. GF008 Safer World 2013
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

moshx wrote:
<quoted text> the current president is a treasonous bastard who shits on the constitution and the American people. People like you are fools who eat that shit and worship that vile waste of human flesh.
I love your pain and you are obviously consumed with bigoted backwoods hatred. I hope you lost your whole life savings[50 bucks] on the election. I love listening to you idiots cry, no one does it better.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it wasn't covered on FOX News doesn't mean it wasn't noticed. And, it doesn't matter if he was in Illinois or on the moon, he had the courage and wisdom to speak out against an unprovoked and unpaid for war that he is now helping our country recover from.
Reference please.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
2013, the war is over,
Saadam was hanged,
President Bush was kept away from the 2012 Republican convention.
Bet George W Bush will be at the next GOP convention.
Funny how you loony left wingers like to bad mouth gwb and the iraq war but are quick to change the subject when when presented with facts.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not a Topix registered user.
You've been a visitor for 4 years.
You have no more right to the name carol than the man in the moon.
All this nonsense about the 'real carol' is just that. Nonsense.
There is no 'real carol'. Just a visitor who uses the name. I expect there are millions of carol's out there.
And you claim to be the 'real carol'??
How stupid of you.
Register, you wimpy dingbat!! It will eliminate your Drama Queen crap.
Is that why you keep crying about "ayn rand"? Carol has more tenacity in her pinky than you will ever have.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Kennedy was a drunken murderer who got away with it. Obama is murdering Pakistanis right now.
Let us all know when Obama gets within a million or so murders of Bush-Cheney....BUBBA HYPOCRITE.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, the famous Black Panthers, they're coming to take your dyck, I mean gun away. Go hide sucka
Gun control is just another attempt to divert the attention of the masses away from the serious economic, budget, and debt issues facing the country.

Just like the Roman Circus.

And going nowhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 774,521 - 774,540 of1,072,441
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE