Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,720)

Showing posts 774,381 - 774,400 of1,077,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you're an idiot, but even you shouold be able to see a difference between Clinton's no fly zone and tough talk towards Iraq and a military invasion under false pretenses.
They went in for WMD's. The WMD's were non-existant.
You can make up all the stories about the alleged movement of WMD's but you can't provide any proof.
Nor could Bush, which is why he admitted there were no WMD's/ DUH
WMD's being his justification for war, that means it was a war of mistake.
And he lost it, signing a peace treaty favoring Iraq, cmmitting to a 'date certain' to withdraw US forces.
You lose, nitwit.
I know you're completely clueless but Saddam had more then enough time to remove those weapons.

One of Saddam's top generals and one of his scientists said he did just that.

As President Clinton himself said, he will use those arsenal again once the international community loses its will to stop him.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton signed a piece of legislation that was passed by an overwhelming majority in Congress specifically stating it was the policy of the United States to remove Saddam Hussein and his regime from power.
http://www.iraqwatch.org/government/US/Legisl...
That was even before 9/11.
So when Mitch McConnell said he wanted to make Obama a one term President, Carol thought that Mitch was going to invade the White House & kill him??????

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave was Kerry lying in 2003?
Mar 2003 - For:“I think Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction are a threat, and that's why I voted to hold him accountable and to make certain that we disarm him. I think we need to …”(“All Things Considered”, 3/19/03)
Actually John Kerry was dumb enough to believe the Bush Administration when they f*cking lied out their ass about Sadam having wmd's.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton signed a piece of legislation that was passed by an overwhelming majority in Congress specifically stating it was the policy of the United States to remove Saddam Hussein and his regime from power.
http://www.iraqwatch.org/government/US/Legisl...
That was even before 9/11.
But he didn't carol, he didn't. All the world was aware that Saddam was a ruthless leader. But only Bush and Cheney were willing to sacrifice millions of innocent lives and trillions to accomplish that, they saw their chance and created their own version on why we had to act now. Most believe that it was far more about oil and revenge than born out of necessity, and history also shows that. You sound far more like someone desperatly trying to convince and make excuses as opposed to facing reality.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Greetings to the Democrat supporting Yahoos and the others/good people here.

Are the Demcorat hypocrites acting like juvenile delinquents today as usual?

Are they doing the usual blame Bush for stuff the Democrats supported or caused?

Yes? Figured. Liberals and honesty don't mix.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Minister of State Security thanks for Chinese Room give best regards to John Searle. Minds, Brains and Programs. GF008 Safer World I apologize for my past.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a misconception that Christians are wimps. Early Christians were willing to be fed to the lions and present-day Christians are oppressed and killed every day.
If Jesus himself were posed the question: If pouring water up someone's nose could potentially save millions of innocent lives, would that be a forgiveable act?
I can't be sure, but he'd probably say, "Of course. Innocent lives come first."
ONLY THREE REALLY BAD GUY WERE WATERBOARDED...THREE!
Crime in Italy. Grow a spine, will you?
Problem for you is that they got no useful intelligence from those who were waterboarded.

Per the CIA, who was doing the waterboarding.

""As for getting "phenomenal results" from waterboarding alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the CIA Inspector General's report on the subject was inconclusive—with the author noting that "you could not in good conscience reach a definitive conclusion about whether any specific technique was especially effective, or [whether] the enhanced techniques in the aggregate really worked." Of course, what we know now is that when it came to tracking down Osama bin Laden's whereabouts, KSM lied despite being subjected to waterboarding, as did other detainees who were tortured. Cheney seems to think those are "phenomenal results."

Bush apologists have been trying for months to credit brutal interrogation techniques for the discovery Osama bin Laden's hideout, all evidence to the contrary. Torture in fact, harmed the America's intelligence collection efforts post-9/11, at least according to former FBI interrogator Ali Soufan. In his new memoir, he writes that the Bush administration's fixation on torture, FBI agents ceased participating in interrogations, "meaning that some of the government’s most knowledgeable experts were unable to speak with the most important terrorists." That claim is difficult to evaluate, but Cheney's claims about waterboarding are false on their face.""

----------

You really should let go of this. You bring it up every few months, get beat about the head over your ignorance, drop it for awhile, then bring up the same stupidity all over again.

Get a life. You're here all the time. You and Nobraina are the most frequent posters on this thread and all you do is spread lies.

Losing an election isn't even enough to make you realize how out of touch you are.

That's how brainlessly partisan you are.

The mantra amongst you wingnuts is:

'Don''t talk about Bush, he's not President anymore'.

But let's talk about Clinton, Carter and any Democrat President, no matter how far back in history it is.

You're funny like that. Not ha-ha funny, but very sick funny.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize i'm beating an over aged dead horse here, but your leaders hyped and lied us into a war that they wanted and it will forever be their war. Bush-Cheney knew exactly what they were doing and also their real intentions, they also knew that Iraq was of no threat to us. Most that voted for the action in Iraq were persuaded either by pressure or the mood of the nation so shortly after 911, and Bush preyed on that. Your war, you own it PERIOD.
Well, that's a coincidence! I have a recipe for "Dead Horse" my daughter sent back from the Yucatan where she's studying the lost tribes of Israel. I'll post it below.

400 lbs of Dead Horse.
50 gallons of retried beans.
12 big branches of Coca
Salt to taste
Coriander (about a pound)
Bar of Lie Soap
4 bushels of rotten tomatoes
10 lbs of sour grapes
A handful of Fox testicles
About 12 pounds of hot chilli peppers
Gunpowder about 50 tons of it.
Big sack of bullshit
150 lbs of White Tea (old bags are fine.)

Cook the dead horse and sour grapes in a big iron pot over low heat for 12 years. Then stir in the Coriander, the Lie Soap, and the Coca leaves. You can add some of the bullshit as you go along, but I like to put most of it in at the end. When the mixture has reduced down to about half the original volume, throw in the sour grapes and sprinkle the Fox testicles over the top, all the time stirring the pot whenever you see the shit sinking. Add the tea and chili peppers, and turn the heat up on high... no, higher... that's it. Now throw in the gunpowder. Serve very hot with lots of alcohol and some religious music. Enjoy!
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
" "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002"
But...but...saddam had no ties to al qaeda
2013, the war is over,
Saadam was hanged,
President Bush was kept away from the 2012 Republican convention.
Bet George W Bush will be at the next GOP convention.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If we keep increasing the debt and spending without any major cuts or a Plan B, Obama will own the blame.
It's already happening - if the tone of that press conference yesterday was any indication.
They will turn on him in a heartbeat if they smell blood in the water. They love building people up to turn around and tear them down. Yesterday was, most likely, only the beginning. Problem is President Obama is not the man to understand what is happening till too late. His narcissism and self importance will not let him compromise. It will be his downfall.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Oh, nuts! I forgot the beans! Well, any old fart could figure that out.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

The rotten tomatoes aren't for cooking, incidentally, they're to throw at people you don't like while you're cooking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great, the other one now. It's charming how the slugs come out of the woodwork once the good people start conversing intelligently. I suppose I'lll just have to tolerate this until Topix-mods decide to do something about it - which appears to be never.
You're not a Topix registered user.

You've been a visitor for 4 years.

You have no more right to the name carol than the man in the moon.

All this nonsense about the 'real carol' is just that. Nonsense.

There is no 'real carol'. Just a visitor who uses the name. I expect there are millions of carol's out there.

And you claim to be the 'real carol'??

How stupid of you.

Register, you wimpy dingbat!! It will eliminate your Drama Queen crap.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
He Nuculur Option:
Fact: More soldiers had died in Iraq ans Afghanistan under Obama's leadership that under Bush's!!!
Let's see? Bush was in the military while Obama pretended to be from Kenya for free scholarship... Uhm?
Fact? What a moran you are--I mean it's simple math, not a conspiracy theory. "Fact Check: More soldiers have died under Obama than under Bush. Made popular 111 days ago in Politics
The actual facts are that more than twice as many troops have died under Bush. A previous post claiming that more troops have died under Obama was factually incorrect. The information you were using referred to the number of troops that have died in Afghanistan only. Please quit using partial facts out of context in order to get a point across."

There are a million sources to prove my claim. More than 4,000 died under Bush. Less than 2,000 under Obama. Granted that's too many either way. Oh, and how goes the civilian count for the two in Iraq and Afghanistan? How many American civilians died on 9/11 while he was taking yet another vacation cutting brush?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> They will turn on him in a heartbeat if they smell blood in the water. They love building people up to turn around and tear them down. Yesterday was, most likely, only the beginning. Problem is President Obama is not the man to understand what is happening till too late. His narcissism and self importance will not let him compromise. It will be his downfall.
So in that drunken state that you reside in you don't think that the president of the strongest nation on earth should feel just a little bit important? They, meaning Who? No president has tried harder to appease the opposition than has Obama, and all he got for his efforts was....NO,NO and NO from the worst congress ever assembled, thanks in large part to the now defunct Tea Party. Thank goodness they were only a fart in a hurricane..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> They will turn on him in a heartbeat if they smell blood in the water. They love building people up to turn around and tear them down. Yesterday was, most likely, only the beginning. Problem is President Obama is not the man to understand what is happening till too late. His narcissism and self importance will not let him compromise. It will be his downfall.
I'll be darned!! It's our truck driving psychologist, here to explain human behavior!!

Figure out whether you invest in companies or mutual funds yet?? HAHAHAHAHA

But right now, Obama's on a roll.

He's beaten your side on every issue;

Obamacare, women, gays, immigrants, taxes.

Your heroes folded their tents and agreed to tax increases on the wealthy, something you swore would never happen.

I do believe he might get a third term!!
R2D2 speaks

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

(mechanical voice) "Car-ol is a ding-bat. Car-ol is a ding-bat. Car-ol is a..."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Jan Brewer agrees to Obamacare Medicaid expansion in AZ.

hahahaha

(The nitwits are falling into place. Wait until Texans turn on Perry!)
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Who decides who is bad?
You just responded to debil...FYI.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not a Topix registered user.
You've been a visitor for 4 years.
You have no more right to the name carol than the man in the moon.
All this nonsense about the 'real carol' is just that. Nonsense.
There is no 'real carol'. Just a visitor who uses the name. I expect there are millions of carol's out there.
And you claim to be the 'real carol'??
How stupid of you.
Register, you wimpy dingbat!! It will eliminate your Drama Queen crap.
I agree. Debil IS a dingbat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 774,381 - 774,400 of1,077,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Terry rigsby 48,821
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min LRS 174,410
Abby 7-22 35 min Cass 5
Voice of God Weapon 36 min I Told U Not 2 Emulate ME 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min RACE 97,508
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 52 min Drone me 1,852
Cheap Tomatoes 52 min Straw Boss 2
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000