Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262057 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#840019 Jan 15, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>the fools that voted for Romney instead of the 3rd party because voting for Romney was throwing your vote away.
As it now appears, Obama voters threw the country away. By the end of this term no one will admit to voting for the first black president.
Atmore Al

Pompano Beach, FL

#840020 Jan 15, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Romney would have been no better and proved that as Governor of Massachusetts but I know if Romney was president he would have not hesitated at all in reinstating the Federal Assault Weapons Ban for sure which he favored the Massachusetts one and he is no freind to the 2nd amendment.
Your worship of the incompetent Obama is interesting; how long have you been a member of Rev. Wright's church?
Obamas War on Prosperity

United States

#840023 Jan 15, 2013
If each one of you Liberal/Marxists were given a lump some of $1,000,000 dollars that you must invest and keep it short,or long term with your diviidends,returns etc;who would manage your money,Obama or Romney?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#840024 Jan 15, 2013
Post # 840016 is missing ...
Wonder WHY?
``````````

By Shepard Ambellas
theintelhub.com
January 9, 2013
Important added update video:

Tuesday I was reviewing information sent in by reader tips on the Sandy Hook (Newtown, CT) school shooting.
As I was cross-referencing other reports that we have done, an extremely dark, cold feeling ran down my spine — to me it was confirmed. My original suspicions came all flooding into my mind as more pieces of the puzzle fell into place.
CT) school shooting.
As I was cross-referencing other reports that we have done, an extremely dark, cold feeling ran down my spine — to me it was confirmed. My original suspicions came all flooding into my mind as more pieces of the puzzle fell into place.

http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/09/evidence-sa...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#840026 Jan 15, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Post # 840016 is missing ...
Wonder WHY?
``````````
By Shepard Ambellas
theintelhub.com
January 9, 2013
Important added update video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gPndCsy2NxYXX
Tuesday I was reviewing information sent in by reader tips on the Sandy Hook (Newtown, CT) school shooting.
CT) school shooting.
http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/09/evidence-sa...
My guess is your in a institution of some sort as you keep posting the most way out, off beat conspiracy theories only nut cases & right wing bloggers could come up with. I mean the birther crap with Obama was bad enough but this is on a par with a martian invasion coming to your place real soon. Lock n Load!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#840029 Jan 16, 2013
Provocateur wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm betting you have no sweetie. And you seem very intimidated.
Well you bet your wrong! I am not intimidated at all. Just fear for the futures of my children and grandchildren due to Obama's policies.

Location hidden

#840030 Jan 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama cares only about his personal popularity, which makes him a pushover for our enemies.
Exactly!

Location hidden

#840031 Jan 16, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen nothing from RH that even remotely suggests that she is intimidated. And what business is it of yours whether she has a sweetie or not? None. Omit the schoolyard tactics and you might be taken more seriously.
Nice one LRS! Thank you!

Location hidden

#840032 Jan 16, 2013
Atmore Al wrote:
<quoted text> Voting for the incompetent Obama was throwing your vote away, because you ended up with an additional 4 more years of inadequate leadership and Obamafailure.
Nice one!!! Salute!

Location hidden

#840034 Jan 16, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Romney would have been no better and proved that as Governor of Massachusetts but I know if Romney was president he would have not hesitated at all in reinstating the Federal Assault Weapons Ban for sure which he favored the Massachusetts one and he is no freind to the 2nd amendment.
When Romney took office in 2003, Massachusetts had a $3 billion deficit. By 2005, the state had a $1 billion surplus, plus a so-called rainy day fund of another $2 billion. When Romney left office on January 4, 2006, the Bay State had a balanced budget plus the rainy day fund — all without ever raising taxes.

“What I think stands out about his relationship with the legislature is he made it a point not to demonize his political opposition,” Eric Fehrnstrom, Romney’s senior adviser, tells me.

“Instead of giving speeches that were critical of the Democratic leadership, he invited them into his office every week for a meeting to discuss their shared agenda for the state. And sometimes there was business to discuss, and when there wasn't, the meeting still took place. They would end up talking about the last movie they saw,” Fehrnstrom said.

http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/Romney-S...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#840035 Jan 16, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
When Romney took office in 2003, Massachusetts had a $3 billion deficit. By 2005, the state had a $1 billion surplus, plus a so-called rainy day fund of another $2 billion. When Romney left office on January 4, 2006, the Bay State had a balanced budget plus the rainy day fund — all without ever raising taxes.
“What I think stands out about his relationship with the legislature is he made it a point not to demonize his political opposition,” Eric Fehrnstrom, Romney’s senior adviser, tells me.
“Instead of giving speeches that were critical of the Democratic leadership, he invited them into his office every week for a meeting to discuss their shared agenda for the state. And sometimes there was business to discuss, and when there wasn't, the meeting still took place. They would end up talking about the last movie they saw,” Fehrnstrom said.
http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/Romney-S...
Lucky for the rest of us, that because of people like you he did not get elected. I mean how could he carrying all that tea baggage around his neck like a hangman's rope. Any sane rational clear thinking person will always run from that like the plague. It will be the same with the gun laws. They will change like it or not.
Provocateur

Denver, CO

#840036 Jan 16, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen nothing from RH that even remotely suggests that she is intimidated. And what business is it of yours whether she has a sweetie or not? None. Omit the schoolyard tactics and you might be taken more seriously.
Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you worse advice.
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

El Monte, CA

#840037 Jan 16, 2013
That
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The republicans think they're winning something. Marsha Blackburn makes me think of Carol!
The republicans have proven they are incapable of governing.
let's start with the fact that republicans do not have a real leader, and they know it! that party's future is uncertain, thanks to the tea party who's shrinking by the day.
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

#840038 Jan 16, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you bet your wrong! I am not intimidated at all. Just fear for the futures of my children and grandchildren due to Obama's policies.
don't blame obama for your own personal problems, he will be gone from being president before your kids grow up.
Mitt Wrongney

United States

#840039 Jan 16, 2013
4 more years, YES, THANK YOU AMERICA FOR ELECTING WHAT'S BEST FOR AMERICA.
Mitt Wrongney

El Monte, CA

#840041 Jan 16, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not your son, sweetie. Obama is dangerous in many ways, but I do not believe our enemies are the least bit intimidated by him. Just the opposite.
Really? Obama has kept your a$$ and this country safer by weakening al-queda and killing his leader, grant credit when credit is due, but being the wingnut that you are, the chances are ZERO.

Location hidden

#840043 Jan 16, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky for the rest of us, that because of people like you he did not get elected. I mean how could he carrying all that tea baggage around his neck like a hangman's rope. Any sane rational clear thinking person will always run from that like the plague. It will be the same with the gun laws. They will change like it or not.
What a nice guy!!!! LMAO!

And your guy is doing an outstanding job??????????

Location hidden

#840044 Jan 16, 2013
Mitt Wrongney wrote:
<quoted text> Really? Obama has kept your a$$ and this country safer by weakening al-queda and killing his leader, grant credit when credit is due, but being the wingnut that you are, the chances are ZERO.
Oh my! Another nice guy! LMAO!

The killing of Osama bin Laden marks the culmination of a counterterrorism campaign that made decapitating the al-Qaeda network its paramount goal.

But al-Qaeda has metastasized in the decade since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, expanding its reach and adapting its tactics in ways that make the organization likely to remain the most significant security threat to the United States despite its leader’s demise.

Another retired CIA veteran, Paul Pillar, who served as the agency’s national intelligence officer for the Middle East and South Asia from 2000 to 2004, said al-Qaeda has been widely decentralized, spreading to Yemen-based al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and other organizations, and that bin Laden’s death would have little impact on the planning of attacks.

“In terms of operational control and direction, most of the change that matters has already taken place,” he said. Bin Laden’s role “for some time has been more as a symbol and a source of ideology than an instigator of operations. That role will continue, dead as well as alive.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...

Location hidden

#840045 Jan 16, 2013
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> don't blame obama for your own personal problems, he will be gone from being president before your kids grow up.
I don't recall saying I had any personal problems!
Mitt Wrongney

El Monte, CA

#840046 Jan 16, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my! Another nice guy! LMAO!
The killing of Osama bin Laden marks the culmination of a counterterrorism campaign that made decapitating the al-Qaeda network its paramount goal.
But al-Qaeda has metastasized in the decade since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, expanding its reach and adapting its tactics in ways that make the organization likely to remain the most significant security threat to the United States despite its leader’s demise.
Another retired CIA veteran, Paul Pillar, who served as the agency’s national intelligence officer for the Middle East and South Asia from 2000 to 2004, said al-Qaeda has been widely decentralized, spreading to Yemen-based al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and other organizations, and that bin Laden’s death would have little impact on the planning of attacks.
“In terms of operational control and direction, most of the change that matters has already taken place,” he said. Bin Laden’s role “for some time has been more as a symbol and a source of ideology than an instigator of operations. That role will continue, dead as well as alive.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...
what a crock of hooey!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 26 min Lt Joe Kenda 100,221
Snapchat me 34 min Cheezybhole 2
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 49 min gonzo 15
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min JRB 194,342
Oak Park: Trying to hold on to its endearing past 55 min joey 2
Abby 7-28-15 5 hr mrs gladys kravitz 9
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr Mark 52,052
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages