Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,713)

Showing posts 774,241 - 774,260 of1,072,156
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Atmore Al wrote:
<quoted text> Obama didn't save my a$$; he fooled morons like you into voting for him for a second term of incompetence and failure. The military deserves the credit, not the community organizer from corrupt Chicago, you dumba$$! I thank Obama for nothing... especially not for destroying the USA as he continues to do.
4 more years! Deal with it Nitwit!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Hah! Obamacare Provision Forbids Democrats From Restricting Guns and Ammo

Remember this? Pelosi told us they had to ram through the Obamacare monstrosity so that you can find out what’s in it.

Well, now we know what’s in it…
Harry Reid slipped a provision in the Obamacare law that forbids Democrats and the White House from restricting guns and ammo.

As for Reid’s reasons for burying a pro-gun measure into the body of the Affordable Care Act, the Majority Leader is said to have been concerned that the NRA planned to take an active position against the passage of Obamacare and decided, no doubt with the permission of Reid’s friend, NRA boss Wayne LaPierre, to head the problem off at the pass by putting language in the bill that would mollify the gun lobby.

Further, there was concern that a conspiracy theory then in circulation among right-wing circles—a meme suggesting that the Obama Administration had cleverly planted language in the ACA that could be used as a tool to get to the guns—would further erode public support for the legislation. For these reasons, Reid determined to insert some cozy language for the gun people into the Senate version of the ACA—language certain to escape public review at a time when the conversation was far more focused on hot button subjects like death panels, taxes and mandates.

For these reasons, the following language did, indeed, become a part of the nation’s controversial health care reform law:

(c) PROTECTION OF SECOND AMENDMENT GUN RIGHTS.—

‘‘(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.— A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to—

‘‘(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully- possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or

‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.&#8232;‘‘

(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any in- formation relating to—

‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;

‘‘(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or

‘‘(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

‘‘(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.

So, the question is… What isn’t in the Obamacare law? This may be a win for gun owners but it also shows the depth of corruption in the Democratic Party.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/hah-o...

Gun Advocates Celebrate 'Secret' Obamacare Provision Forbidding Exec Order To Regulate Guns And Ammo

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/01...
Atmore Al

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> 4 more years! Deal with it Nitwit!
A very BAD deal...somewhat similar to your limited voting intelligence, Obamanitwit!
proud2bwhite

Martinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The American people voted to re elect President Obama; the people prevailed over corporations: I am proud of them.
a treasonous pig destroying America makes you proud. How sad.
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Atmore Al wrote:
<quoted text> A very BAD deal...somewhat similar to your limited voting intelligence, Obamanitwit!
it's done! Again, deal with it!
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> a treasonous pig destroying America makes you proud. How sad.
what's left to say?
Quatro moe years senor.
proud2bwhite

Martinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> what's left to say?
Quatro moe years senor.
I doubt he will last that long.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> i visit my dentist regularly, but i can send you some listerine coupons, you might need them since all you spread on this thread is filth.
Dentist?!! You mean your plumber.

You know....the guy with the toilet plunger.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> her proven pathological lying is clearly stated by her on this thread on a daily basis, no links are needed, nice try.
Talk is cheap so you do plenty of it. Other folks here supply links to back up their beliefs. That's something but you offer up nothing but lies and more lies while accusing others of lying.

Like I said, you are shooting blanks.
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk is cheap so you do plenty of it. Other folks here supply links to back up their beliefs. That's something but you offer up nothing but lies and more lies while accusing others of lying.
Like I said, you are shooting blanks.
whatever, the truth have been spoken.
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Oops! The truth "has" been spoken, i meant.
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Dentist?!! You mean your plumber.
You know....the guy with the toilet plunger.
I didn't know dentists work on sinks and toilets :)
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean when he said that Barack Obama had some kind of problem with the white culture after the President publicly stated the Cambridge police acted "stupidly" in the case of Professor Gates' arrest before he even knew all the facts?
Or when he said his grandmother was a "typical white person" who reacted negatively to black people she didn't know on the street?
Or stereotyped a segment of the population as clinging to their guns and Bibles because of their ignorace about people who are different from them?
Which one?
Well Carol, the Cambridge police did act stupidly in arresting an elderly man who needed a cane to walk inside his own home. If it had been black cops who did the same thing to an elderly white man then the Glenn Becks of the world would have raised all kinds of hell.
Obama's statement about his grandmother was a valid observation. I can remember one of my father's acquaintances stating that someone he knew should have shot his daughter because she was dating a "buck (n word)". I also remember my father's reaction to my brother marrying a black woman. Once my father got to know her however, his whole attitude changed and he and my mother spent a month at their house in San Diego.
Let's look at Obama's whole "guns and religion" statement;
"But the truth is, is that our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when there's no evidence of that in their daily lives. You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, a lot -- like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they've gone through the Clinton administration and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are going to regenerate, and they have not. It's not surprising, then, that they get bitter, and they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations. At least in some communities, anyway."
That was the truth.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
They may be valid but does not represent where most Americans live. Most Americans have long ago moved past keeping racism in the forefront.
It's Obama and the liberals who keep bringing it up and, in the process, have done more to make it worse than to heal any residual racial divide.
So why do they do that? For what purpose other than to create more derisiveness on the issue and for no other reason than personal and political gain?
I'd really like to know.
You're right Carol, that's not where the majority of Americans are and I think that the results of the election bear that out. It's not Obama and liberals who keep harping on race you damned liar, it's the extreme right.
They want to prey on people's fears and prejudices against blacks, Hispanics, Muslims and the poor.
They lost and the only people they reached are ignorant dimwits like you.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Obama's Dark Continent roots are emerging. Typical reaction after winning an election, the fool thinks he's a dictator with unrestricted powers! Idi Amin, Robert Mugabe, Charles Taylor, Joseph Mobuto, Laurent Kabila, and now Barack Obama, all dedicated control freaks hellbent on destroying their countries.

Nice to see members of congress openly discussing impeachment now, even before the narcistic bastard starts his second term!
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

The Bayou Corne Sinkhole

The sinkhole in Bayou Corne, LA is NOT just a hole in the ground! This is a toxic, man made disaster, that has affected many lives, and has the potential to affect many more. We, the people of the area, do not feel that the state government is doing a sufficient job of cleaning this mess up. Please sign our petition to take this out of the state’s hands, and hopefully get this resolved. People need to move on with their lives here, and we currently cannot do that. We are stuck in sinkhole limbo! Not to mention the cumulative effect of being around these chemicals for an extended period of time.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/rec...

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
2006 , then US Senator Barak "cocaine" Obama votes against raising the debt ceiling for GWB who is dealing with the aftermath of 9/11, saying:
“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign
countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
Is there one liberal who will admit to this hypocrisy?
As Obama said, that vote was political.

There was no doubt that there were the votes to raise the limits.

When you vote no for the sole purpose of preventing it, then it is different.

Now, lets go back & hear the arguments Republicans were making to raise that limit.

The Republicans & jump up & down & have a fit but in the end, they need to raise the limit or send this country down the path of default.

Last time, the rabid right caused our credit rating todrop.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Well in 3 days oldest daughter heads to D.C. for the coronation err the inauguration. Suppose to be cold as heck just like the first time. At least she gets to go to two seminars. One by Condi Rice and the other by Gen. West. Wish I could go hear those myself.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
Colin Powell says he's still a Republican but says "There's also a dark vein of intolerance in some part of the party" explaining they "still sort of look down on minorities."
Powell knows Republicans did more for his career than any Democrat.
Now he's falling for the liberal propaganda.
It's not that anyone "looks down" on minorities. Republicans want to give them as many opportunities as possible to lift themselves up.
Unlike democrats who rob them of their dignity, make them victims and support their dependency.
That's what republicans "look down" on.
Colin Powell needs to "look down" on this administration who has put even more people in poverty - and do some serious soul searching.
Anyone still here? Did I miss something earlier that caused everyone to run off?
Funny how the right whiners throw their heroes under the bus when the refuse to tow the party line.

Colin Powell was on target with his comments on Republicans & race.

The Party should disavow those who made racist comments. But instead, they welcome them into their tent.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
2006 , then US Senator Barak "cocaine" Obama votes against raising the debt ceiling for GWB who is dealing with the aftermath of 9/11, saying:
“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign
countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
Is there one liberal who will admit to this hypocrisy?
Doubtful...it might mean facing the REALITY that they're going to HAVE to live with in their own damn means, and not out of the pockets and off the backs of everyone else.

Why raise the ceiling? Let the economy level itself out to where it hasn't been in decades.

CAP (entitlements!!!) CUT (non-essential spending!!) CURB (loopholes!!) Balance and B-U-D-G-E-T everything and live within the means again!

It's what RESPONSIBLE and ACCOUNTABLE people do!

TEA!
The T(axed) E(nough) A(lready drained dry) Party!

NO MORE robbinhoodieTICwinked taxes! SHAME o n Dem!! BOO!

Federal FLAT sales tax 'em all across the boards from ladder rung A to ladder rung z--make 'em ALL pay their OWN damn bills-NOT just some!

Welcome to OUR geneRATIONAL reality of bills, bills, bills!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 774,241 - 774,260 of1,072,156
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

115 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Afro-Euro-American Prez 173,619
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min Maverick 808 45,477
Abby 7-11 34 min Mister Tonka 10
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 46 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,158
Amy 7-11 49 min Mister Tonka 13
Chicago's bloody Fourth: 82 shot, 14 dead 1 hr reality is a crutch 7
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Doug77 4,574
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search