Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#839327 Jan 14, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Shrimps on treadmills is more important than...
Human beings mental health!
"Columbia River Mental Health Services has eliminated 16 positions in an attempt to reduce the nonprofit's infrastructure and recoup financial losses."
http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/jan/05/men...
Like the administration decides what research to fund. There is funding to nearly all graduate students.

Republicans did not care that 30 million people had no health insurance yet blocked ending subsidies to big oil.

Republicans fought tax increases for rich people while wanting to f*ck over old people to save money.
pee_head_n_clay

Oklahoma City, OK

#839328 Jan 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only such a dumbass like you would not recognize the difference between federal & county spending.
The stimulus bill which had money for green initiatives such as windmills also sent money to the states.
Republicans blocked any more stimulus & this caused states & local governments to cut back.
If I recall, right whiners like you called this aid to states as Obama helping the unions.
Was the GM bailout county or federal tax dollars phukhead?
carol

Orlando, FL

#839329 Jan 14, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Republicans want SPENDING CUTS because we're broke! If the "Zero" will not negotiate then I say let the gov. close down.
It's quite astonishing that even the Obama Team Cheerleaders are sounding a bit confused and frustrated this president is refusing to cut the deficit and refusing to negotiate and still wants to raise the debt ceiling after implying Bush was unpatriotic for doing so in 2008.

This president is quite astonishing.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839331 Jan 14, 2013
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel wrote:
Here we go again, blame and fear monger and say "if those guys won't vote for it then its their fault". He doesn't get the debt ceiling.....its not a matter of not wanting to pay for past bills, its about future spending!
It's also about deciding which bills are the priorities in the future.

But his blaming republicans and whining is getting really old.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#839332 Jan 14, 2013
All these posts look naked without waxturd's judge-its. I think Monday night is when he meets with his parole officer.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#839333 Jan 14, 2013
Baa Baa Black Sheep flying Missions in Afghanistan. GF008 Safer World 2013.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839334 Jan 14, 2013
I refused to watch the Golden Globe Awards and will refuse to watch the Oscars.

The liberally smug Hollyweird elitists should feel the heat of conservatives snubbing them for a change - mainly at the box office.

I'm so sick of all of them I could puke.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#839335 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Debil is definitely a drama queen. That was his post you responded to.
He likes making fools out of all of you. No offense.
that shows how desperate they feel that their case is in trouble.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#839336 Jan 14, 2013
that was "their cause is in trouble"
carol

Orlando, FL

#839337 Jan 14, 2013
Service members committed suicide during 2012 at a record pace: more than 349 took their own lives across the four branches, or one every 25 hours, a Department of Defense spokesperson confirmed Monday.

The figures are preliminary suicide statistics and do not include 110 “pending” reported suicides among active-duty troop in 2012 that are still under investigation by medical examiners.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/14/16...

Army suicides have increased by at least 54 percent since 2007 when there were 115 — a number the Washington Post then called "an all-time record."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/03/16...

Guess Obama's "right war" has it's consequences.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839338 Jan 14, 2013
Obama has drawn criticism during his first four years in office for taking an above-the-fray approach that has baffled even some members of his own Democratic Party and given him a reputation for aloofness.

If his second term is to be a success, Obama may well need to break down some partisan barriers as he seeks to prevent a fresh debt crisis and gain congressional approval of legislation overhauling gun laws and immigration policies.

But so far he has signaled a more confrontational approach, insisting he has made plenty of concessions toward Republicans already and that since he was re-elected in November, he should get his way.

http://news.msn.com/politics/lonely-obama-eye...

He should get his way?
carol

Orlando, FL

#839339 Jan 14, 2013
Press conference transcript:

Major Garrett: What Chuck [Chuck Todd from NBC] and I and, I think, many people are curious about is this new adamant desire on your part not to negotiate when that seems to conflict with the entire history of the modern era of American presidents in the debt ceiling and your own history in the debt ceiling. And doesn’t that suggest that we are going to go until a default situation? Because no one is talking to each other about how to resolve this.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839340 Jan 14, 2013
Press conference transcript:

Julianna Goldman - Thank you, Mr. President. I want to come back to the debt ceiling, because in the summer of 2011, you said that you wouldn’t negotiate on the debt ceiling, and you did. Last year you said that you wouldn’t extend any of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, and you did. So as you say now that you’re not going to negotiate on the debt ceiling this year, why should House Republicans take that seriously and think that if we get to the one-minute-to-midnight scenario that you’re not going to back down?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/us/politics...

House Republicans should not take anything this president does or says seriously.

Even if it means shutting down the whole dang thing to prove it's not all about Obama getting his way.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839341 Jan 14, 2013
Obama's Achilles heel is finally exposed.

His arrogance and aloofness has caught up with him.

I don't think we're going to see another press conference in a good long while.

People are beginning to see a naked emperor.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839342 Jan 14, 2013
finding wrote:
<quoted text>God is in charge of everything and all is well.
Thank goodness for that. But it might not be as well for some as for others.

Matthew 24:12
And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

Lawlessness - obvious sins such as blasphemy, deceit, theft, violence, rape, sodomy, adultery, murder, etc., and not so obvious sins or socially acceptable sins such as covetousness, ingratitude, envy and pride.

Romans 8:7
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
carol

Orlando, FL

#839343 Jan 14, 2013
Well, guess I'll say goodnight now - to myself.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#839344 Jan 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pain is very obvious, along with your gross stupidity, un-Americanism, your fanatacism and total ignorance. Thanks for being another dumb azzed "RIGHTIE".LMAO.
you are a disgusting POS...
We love having you around to make us feel good about ourselves for not being a pitiful loser like you!

Have a wonderful heart attack!
proud2bwhite

Saint Louisville, OH

#839346 Jan 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pain is very obvious, along with your gross stupidity, un-Americanism, your fanatacism and total ignorance. Thanks for being another dumb azzed "RIGHTIE".LMAO.
where's. The book ?
carol

Orlando, FL

#839348 Jan 14, 2013
Okay, now I'm going. For real.

Maybe.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839349 Jan 14, 2013
Did the liberal posters see the press conference today and that's why they've disappeared?

Can't blame them.

So, guess that really means goodnight then?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min Eric 69,356
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min loose cannon 177,969
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,578
Amy 9-16 43 min Mister Tonka 4
Abby 9-16 48 min PEllen 3
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Blwlgo 1,919
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Blwlgo 4,018
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 98,199
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••