Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
774,081 - 774,100 of 1,096,631 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox called the election appropriately and without delay.
You're just upset Rove wanted to wait until all votes in Ohio were counted first.
He was voted down.
Also, your source is wrong, whatever it was.
CNN also reported that Congress approved a $9.7 billion Superstorm Sandy aid package after controversy over millions of dollars for unrelated projects.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/04/politics/house-...
It was the Senate Democrats who proposed a $60.4 billion bill.
You can thank conservative watch dog groups and House Republicans for scaling it back to meet just the needs of the victims and not Senate Democrats' pet projects.
Called it ok except for the one incident you mention.
Predicted Romney would win and mislead the Romney campaign some believe.

Had a happy endin!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So that means you approve of accelerating drones even though they are creating more animosity towards the U.S. I'm only assuming this by your vague response.
And you wouldn't be implying that I'm a "homebound sumbitch" just because I chose to learn a career allowing me to work from home so I could be more available for my child growing up. Would you?
Please clarify.
The drones were in a different post Babe__and I do support the expansion of their use.

Albee Hunt, the controlling heir to the Hunt oil fortune (Petro Hunt) and one of W's chief political sponsors is a stay at home sumbitch Carol, because he's nuttier than a shythouse rat. W bought the house around the corner in Dallas's finest guarded enclave__draw your own conclusions.

Why would I waste time thinking about what you do or don't.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit that for years I was an NRA member but finally realized they weren't representing me and quit. Many of my hunting friends are starting to see how they are being manipulated and at least aren't voting for NRA puppets. The NRA has become just like the Republican party, taken over by wealthy right wing fanatics.
"old turd"
You are one luckysonofabitch. Idiots like, "poop", "real dumb", "dumos" and "nutsucker are on this thread. Because they are on the thread they keep you from being the stoopidestsonofabitch on the thread.
As I said you are one luckysonofabitch.
Peace
KMA
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read an article on that very subject
" WASHINGTON, Jan 14 (Reuters)- The United States is concerned about China's expanding ability to disrupt the most sensitive U.S. military and intelligence satellites, as Beijing pursues its expanded ambitions in space, according to multiple sources in the U.S. government and outside space experts."
I'm not surprised. I believe China and Russia are also launching their own versions of GPS and not relying on the US system... for obvious military reasons.

Carol has a very narrow view of how these options work. It's a variation of the "penny wise, dollar foolish" scenario.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Dance, dodge, and deny, You cry at youselfs on a daily basis
lol! And yet, you lie, lie, lie son.

But that's ok. That's just your way of trying to show you're "all grow'd up", eh son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Called it ok except for the one incident you mention.
Predicted Romney would win and mislead the Romney campaign some believe.
Had a happy endin!
lol! I'm actually thinking fart news got their "information" from Romney and couldn't reconcile it to the actual information in the REAL world!

That's why they were so flummoxed!
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

President Obama on Monday warned congressional Republicans again that he will not negotiate over the debt ceiling, saying Washington must increase the limit to pay its bills and that such brinksmanship would be “absurd” and “irresponsible.”

“The issue here is whether Washington will pay its bills,” Obama said in the final press conference of his first term.“We are not a deadbeat nation.”

The president’s comments opened the roughly 30-minute White House question-and-answer session with reporters that focused largely on the debt ceiling and Obama’s gun-control plans in the aftermath of last month’s mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., in which 26 were killed.

Obama, who vowed following the Dec. 14 massacre to curb gun violence, repeated his promise.

“If there is a step we can take that will save even one child from what happened in Newtown, we should take that step,” said the president, who is expected to get strong opposition from gun rights groups should he submit legislation to Congress, as expected.

Obama also suggested such groups are publicizing what appears to be strong turnouts at gun shows as “an effective way of ginning up fear on the part of gun owners that somehow the federal government is about to take all of your guns.”
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
What no one seems to understand is that we are at a crossroad as a nation. If we carry on the way we have been we'll go off the fiscal, social, and literal cliff.
If, however, we can just convince ourselves to head back the way we came a few exits we'll find that there's still time to forge a new path forward.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ne7fPpxAnuMXX
Furthermore, it's time we started looking out for each other as people and stop all the friction between us which only serves to destroy us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
AA1ZnI
The "Drama Queen" act gets tiring.
Ignorant Democrat

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Give me me free obama phone. Let me get free money card. Give me more. I want more. Wheres my food stamps. Wheres my obama care. Let me get yo' welfare.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"old turd"
You are one luckysonofabitch. Idiots like, "poop", "real dumb", "dumos" and "nutsucker are on this thread. Because they are on the thread they keep you from being the stoopidestsonofabitch on the thread.
As I said you are one luckysonofabitch.
Peace
KMA
I defer to your special place as Topix Moron. This is quite an honor considering Waxturd/goober...are still lurking. But once Fred left, you were the obvious choice.
Peace
SMD

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

From the "What were these idiots thinking'file...

"Supreme Court affirms fundamental right to bear arms"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting guy, plenty smart and fluent in Arabic. I also like Hagel for Defense and Kerry for State.
The CIA is long overdue for some serious revamping__the internet exposes that agency's every move. The fkn contractors are coming back from their, cough, secret missions and writing books__creating websites and doing speaking tours. The deceased contractors families are going on FOX and blaming the POTUS for putting their loved ones in danger__LMAO.
Fluent in Arabic is not easy for an American to do, the fkn language defies all known logic. It's dark age jibberish.
I agree; I was watching him speak on CSPAN from April on the use of drones, AlQuaeda, etc., I liked him. I like Hagel and Kerry too; two Viet Nam war vets, interesting choices.
One would think that the ex agents would be prohibited from speaking about their experiences; I just don't get it.
Arabic, one of the first languages.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Drama Queen" act gets tiring.
The Republicans want to keep up the fight and threaten the nation with default; I truly hope the American people are watching this show and realize what they 're up to. It's sickening beyond words.
Will they let it happen? Stop social security checks? military paychecks?
Ironically, Congress' checks never stop.

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>SOUTHERN democrats founded the KKK

So here are some FACTS you will ignore. In 1945 the southern KKK dixiecrats were angry with the Democratic party and president truman, so they LEFT THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY and went running into the open arms of the republican party.....where they remain today!

Hows that for facts?
Let me try again:

Who founded the KKK?

Who created it? Who invented it? Who gave life to it?

Changing subject will not save you!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

The Great Obama...has spoken...

"I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-som...
Atmore Al

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans want to keep up the fight and threaten the nation with default; I truly hope the American people are watching this show and realize what they 're up to. It's sickening beyond words.
Nor does your charge account at the liquor store or your worship of the incompetent Obama.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sell baby sell!
Why does someone living in a half-million dollar house worry about Social Security checks?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>You don't realize you're among the low life hispanics the Republiclown Party would like to deport??

Better be quiet, you'll end up in a Federal Immigation Sting, Jose!!

You come to the USA to have anchor babies??
Puertoricans are citizens by birth, but I forgive your ignorance cause brain dead liberals have no brains.

Consrvative Republican love, foment, enjoy and approve LEGAL immigration.

Let me repeat: LEGAL, LEGAL, LEGAL...immigration had helped this powerful country!!!

I know liberals have no clue what legal anything is!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>More of the Republiclown 'war on women', which they deny, but most Americans see clearly.

(don't let Emaam see you and I conversing. You know how upset he gets!!
He's still not over the beating Dave is still giving him!!)
Nuclear option: who nuclear bombed women and kids in Japan, a Republican or a Liberal president?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>You mean when he said that Barack Obama had some kind of problem with the white culture after the President publicly stated the Cambridge police acted "stupidly" in the case of Professor Gates' arrest before he even knew all the facts?

Or when he said his grandmother was a "typical white person" who reacted negatively to black people she didn't know on the street?

Or stereotyped a segment of the population as clinging to their guns and Bibles because of their ignorace about people who are different from them?

Which one?
It is Ok for Arab Spring to cling to their guns and Korans, so he said!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••