Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#839342 Jan 14, 2013
finding wrote:
<quoted text>God is in charge of everything and all is well.
Thank goodness for that. But it might not be as well for some as for others.

Matthew 24:12
And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

Lawlessness - obvious sins such as blasphemy, deceit, theft, violence, rape, sodomy, adultery, murder, etc., and not so obvious sins or socially acceptable sins such as covetousness, ingratitude, envy and pride.

Romans 8:7
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
carol

Orlando, FL

#839343 Jan 14, 2013
Well, guess I'll say goodnight now - to myself.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#839344 Jan 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pain is very obvious, along with your gross stupidity, un-Americanism, your fanatacism and total ignorance. Thanks for being another dumb azzed "RIGHTIE".LMAO.
you are a disgusting POS...
We love having you around to make us feel good about ourselves for not being a pitiful loser like you!

Have a wonderful heart attack!
proud2bwhite

Saint Louisville, OH

#839346 Jan 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pain is very obvious, along with your gross stupidity, un-Americanism, your fanatacism and total ignorance. Thanks for being another dumb azzed "RIGHTIE".LMAO.
where's. The book ?
carol

Orlando, FL

#839348 Jan 14, 2013
Okay, now I'm going. For real.

Maybe.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839349 Jan 14, 2013
Did the liberal posters see the press conference today and that's why they've disappeared?

Can't blame them.

So, guess that really means goodnight then?
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#839350 Jan 14, 2013
What You DON'T Say Might be Held Against You

It's hard to believe, but yet another entrenched Constitutional Right is up for debate to be trampled upon: the right to remain silent. This right, in fact, even goes beyond the U.S. Constitution and has become a chestnut of virtue for all: silence is golden. Well, apparently not anymore if the Supreme Court sides for the police in the case of Salinas vs. Texas...

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/what-you-...

It must first be admitted that the U.S. Constitution never gave to the U.S. Supreme Court the power to substitute their will for the intentions of the Founders of the Constitution. This is easy to prove. Alexander Hamilton admits this in Federalist Paper 78.

Let me state this clearly: the U.S. Constitution does not grant to the US S CT the power to interpret the Constitution in contradiction to the terms of the Constitution, and it does not strip the powers of the States to actively arrest and resist tyrannical federal actions. The US S CT can no more legally violate the Constitution than the Legislative and Executive branches can. What sense does it make that the US S CT is bound by Oath to support and defend Our Constitution and then has the power to interpret it however the heck they want to? Do you think Our Founders were so near-sighted and unlearned that they would have given to the US S CT this unchecked and unlimited power in the very document that states its purpose is "to secure the blessings of liberty"?

http://newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin528.h...
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

#839351 Jan 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Elmo!
Stay on Sesame St.
We talk adult stuff here, Doodette.
really? You are out for a big dissapointment when you officially know my age, unlike you who asumming you are an adult , write moron style responses, you grow up.
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

#839352 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
I refused to watch the Golden Globe Awards and will refuse to watch the Oscars.
The liberally smug Hollyweird elitists should feel the heat of conservatives snubbing them for a change - mainly at the box office.
I'm so sick of all of them I could puke.
for real carol? We are so sick of your LIES, we could have cyber diahrrea anytime.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839353 Jan 14, 2013
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> for real carol? We are so sick of your LIES, we could have cyber diahrrea anytime.
I posted my sources to back up all my posts today including MSNBC, NBC, CNN and the New York Times.

Which one of them lied? Because, frankly, I would be shocked.

Seriously. What lies?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#839354 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
The liberally smug Hollyweird elitists should feel the heat of conservatives snubbing them for a change - mainly at the box office.
Well the movie of the moment is Lincoln which by all accounts should be in the Republicans hall of fame but unfortunately these days he would be so far left of center for you lot he would end up another "commie plot".

If only the Republicans represented today what he stood for then!
carol

Orlando, FL

#839355 Jan 14, 2013
Colin Powell says he's still a Republican but says "There's also a dark vein of intolerance in some part of the party" explaining they "still sort of look down on minorities."

Powell knows Republicans did more for his career than any Democrat.

Now he's falling for the liberal propaganda.

It's not that anyone "looks down" on minorities. Republicans want to give them as many opportunities as possible to lift themselves up.

Unlike democrats who rob them of their dignity, make them victims and support their dependency.

That's what republicans "look down" on.

Colin Powell needs to "look down" on this administration who has put even more people in poverty - and do some serious soul searching.

Anyone still here? Did I miss something earlier that caused everyone to run off?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#839356 Jan 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The president who ordered the internment of foreign nationals was a Democrat.
And the question was, where were you conservative people with the weapon who claimed they would protect others when government tyranny took over?

Clearly, your position is one of politics regardless of what you claim you would do!
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

#839357 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted my sources to back up all my posts today including MSNBC, NBC, CNN and the New York Times.
Which one of them lied? Because, frankly, I would be shocked.
Seriously. What lies?
blaming the dems for all the republican party's failures in the past and present, Nuculur Option and PDUPONT are just two posters who have caught you and WAXMAN ( AKA, FLORIDA) in numerous lies too many to mention carol.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#839358 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
lol! wow. that's quite astonishing!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#839359 Jan 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! wow. that's quite astonishing!
Lol

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#839360 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
Colin Powell says he's still a Republican but says "There's also a dark vein of intolerance in some part of the party" explaining they "still sort of look down on minorities."
Powell knows Republicans did more for his career than any Democrat.
Now he's falling for the liberal propaganda.
It's not that anyone "looks down" on minorities. Republicans want to give them as many opportunities as possible to lift themselves up.
Unlike democrats who rob them of their dignity, make them victims and support their dependency.
That's what republicans "look down" on.
Colin Powell needs to "look down" on this administration who has put even more people in poverty - and do some serious soul searching.
Anyone still here? Did I miss something earlier that caused everyone to run off?
Unfortunately Colin Powell would have made a great president but his party of choice screwed him over. His choices on Iraq and a whole lot of other BS decisions Bush made would have been a lot different. He got pushed off a cliff politically giving the BS speech about WMD's at the UN spoon feed by Rumsfeld. He has him to thank and his good comrade in arms Dick Cheney both of whom should have been prosecuted. Rice also betrayed him as well
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#839361 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
Press conference transcript:
Julianna Goldman - Thank you, Mr. President. I want to come back to the debt ceiling, because in the summer of 2011, you said that you wouldn’t negotiate on the debt ceiling, and you did. Last year you said that you wouldn’t extend any of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, and you did. So as you say now that you’re not going to negotiate on the debt ceiling this year, why should House Republicans take that seriously and think that if we get to the one-minute-to-midnight scenario that you’re not going to back down?
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/us/politics...
House Republicans should not take anything this president does or says seriously.
Even if it means shutting down the whole dang thing to prove it's not all about Obama getting his way.
Yes, great idea, I hope the republicans do just that.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#839362 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hollyweird snubbed the director who also directed the Oscar winner, Hurt Locker, because her depiction of waterboarding which gleaned some of the information that led to bin Laden wasn't liberal-propaganda leaning enough.

I'll watch it too just because of that.
You love to watch torture, goes with your personality of enjoying human suffering

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#839363 Jan 14, 2013
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> really? You are out for a big dissapointment when you officially know my age, unlike you who asumming you are an adult , write moron style responses, you grow up.
You must be the one with that bumper sticker saying "I Never Want To Grow Up".

No Fool like an old Fool, I say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 10-24 6 min Sublime1 14
2 dead, 7 hurt in shootings since Friday evening 52 min reality is a crutch 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 58 min Doug77 4,799
abby 10-25 1 hr RACE 3
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr boundary painter 353
amy 1-25 1 hr RACE 4
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr boundary painter 653
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr jacques Ottawa 179,464
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]