Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#839053 Jan 14, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
So, just who did they poll? Soccer moms?
Ever hear of propaganda?
Psychological & societal manipulation especially thru the msm?
Sheep believe & willingly follow, being totally ignorant.
baaa- baaa- baaa
All those good citizens rushing out & buying guns and ammo tell me the poll is BS.
lol! You mean like how you are son?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#839054 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us are very much aware of the accelerated use of drones by this president.
It's the Obama Team Cheerleaders who want to keep it a big secret.
You are such a liar Carol. There's no secret.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#839055 Jan 14, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit that for years I was an NRA member but finally realized they weren't representing me and quit. Many of my hunting friends are starting to see how they are being manipulated and at least aren't voting for NRA puppets. The NRA has become just like the Republican party, taken over by wealthy right wing fanatics.
same here. joined when i was a kid.

when the whole unfounded-conspiracy-theory-to -sell-guns thing took over i got out. who want to belong to a nutjob club?

though that last is answered on this thread day in and day out.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#839056 Jan 14, 2013
Malians welcome French intervention

In Bamako, Mali's windswept capital, people are talking of nothing else but the French intervention in the North of their country.

The operation by French forces to stop a rebel advance towards the capital has won their hearts. Before the French intervened residents of Bamako were living in fear of the rebels overrunning their country's weak army and reaching the capital in a short time.

"I salute the French for coming to our aid," Mariam Coulibally, said balancing a heavy basket of grocery on her head. "God knows where we would have been if they had not arrived in time," she added.

http://blogs.aljazeera.com/blog/africa/malian...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#839057 Jan 14, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is an anchor sinking the conservative cause and those demanding laws against individual behavior are the worst kind of statists.
.... it continues with the religious right in control!
Name one person from the "religious right" who is "in control."

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#839058 Jan 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Nor does the right wing son.
There's been multiple budget proposals submitted to the Senate that lowers spending AND balances the budget. They're still sitting on Reid's desk, a**hole.
forks_make_us_fa t

Conway, AR

#839059 Jan 14, 2013
Fiscal cliff?

Save tax dollars...

Medicine for the 47%'ers...

Wait...

170,000 with questionable access to prescription drugs...
...?????..
These poor 170,000 souls used five or more medical practicioneers to gain access to medicine.....

Fraud baby!

http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-12-104T
lol

Winter Park, FL

#839060 Jan 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, now that you mention it, that part of the world is rich in rare earth minerals.
So from an economic standpoint, it is of strategic importance.
By what right does anyone or any country have the right to go and take by force what natural resources (someone elses) that they want, killing, maiming and creating hatred along the way, calling it their 'strategic interest'?

Let's say that the law abiding of this country were all disarmed and the entire Constitution openly dissolved.{{{shudder}}}

What will you do? if another country decided that we had 'strategic interests' for them- all the natural resources that we have locked up and not using they decide they want and proceed to invade, occupy & take them (like we do to everyone else.)

Then all the whiney babies who don't like guns would really wish they had one.

Not having guns does not make society more civilized.

" I would not invade the United States. There would be a gun behind every blade of grass"
-Isroku Yamamoto
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#839061 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you admit Obama is following in Bush's footsteps when it comes to war strategies and foreign policy.
But Iraq is no longer an issue and the media rarely reports any news on Obama's wars. That's the difference.
Obama's wars?

and if Iraq is no longer an issue, then let's hear no more about it. for any reason. the college profs are teaching our kids the truth of it, so no point in us even discussing it in the terms of ideology.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#839063 Jan 14, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, that was plain weak and you know it. Go back to your first post on the topic....flat out, blaming unions was a plain stupid thing o say.
Lets see, why do cruise ships leave from Vancouver? Umm, we'll the obvious answer would be geography, since the only wa. Major ports built big evough for a ship that size are hundreds of miles inside puget sound?
You're pathetic. This is why I could never be a conservative...lying bothers me.
Foreign registry ships are not permitted to sail between two U.S. ports. So, Alaskan cruise ships must leave from Canada.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#839064 Jan 14, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Afghanistan about keep air bases?
For what purpose?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#839065 Jan 14, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Adolph went after the Jews, because they were the people with the money. His Mother was a Jew. He went after the Catholics because they were his most vociferous opposition.
But during that time, syphilis was rotting his brain,'Ol Eva had infected him. The goose in his goosestep was gone.
It's just as Barack Hussein Obama, Terrible Timmy and the Demorats, but these guys are more insidious, they say in the immortal words of Fort Worthless Jim Wright D-TX, that they are only there to 'hep yooou'..... with other people's money.
lol! You're somewhat right Chica. For once anyway.

Hitler's mother may have been a jew.

And if you believe money was the only factor for going after them, then you'd have to explain why they comprised under 50% of his victims.

As for Catholics, the Churches helped the nazis and in the case of Catholics, even recognized Hitler.

I don't know what you're point is, but you haven't improved on your thought skipping process! Still bouncing all over the place!
lol

Winter Park, FL

#839066 Jan 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You mean like how you are son?
no, dearie.
Proves you are already too far gone and immune to the truth & don't even recognize it whatsoever.
After all, it takes effort to learn and find the truth yourself and not lap up the lying gruel & spin from msm and the dear leader you so adore.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#839068 Jan 14, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
We both know that you wouldn't shoot police officers, National Guard or military enforcing the laws of an elected constitutional government. That's just chest beating bar talk. You're a liar.
Perhaps I would not, but others would.

In many states and localities, local police would not cooperate with gun confiscation, nor would the governors call out the National Guard for that purpose.

Use of the military for gun confiscation would be unconstitutional and a political disaster.

All of this is academic because gun control legislation is going nowhere.
NoBS

Dallas, TX

#839067 Jan 14, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit that for years I was an NRA member but finally realized they weren't representing me and quit. Many of my hunting friends are starting to see how they are being manipulated and at least aren't voting for NRA puppets. The NRA has become just like the Republican party, taken over by wealthy right wing fanatics.
You quit? Really? Who took over for you?

I think we can see who is the one that is easily manipulated. Those darn wealthy people! They are all fanatics and you are just a mainstream all around intellectual and fair good guy.

Of course, it couldn't be you that is the fanatic and fool!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#839069 Jan 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you righties whine about Afghanistan after Bush declared Bin Laden irrelevant & abandoned Afghanistan to go off to Iraq in a war about oil.
Why stay in Afghanistan one day longer now that Obama has already surrendered to the Tol-E-Bo?
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#839071 Jan 14, 2013
Fiscal cliff?

Free medicine for the 47%'ers...

Help the needy...

Create an industry....of cheaters!!!!!

$155m in false claims made to the NY State Medicaid program!!!

http://www.ag.ny.gov/press-release/ag-schneid...
carol

Orlando, FL

#839072 Jan 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! This coming from a con? Aren't you people the ones who threw Chis Chistie under the bus for helping is state?
Even Boehner refused to help until he got his arm twisted.
What a bunch of stupid, political hypocrites cons are!
Okay, now the real truth.

The House intended to streamline Federal Emergency Management Agency regulations allowing FEMA to make repairs that would be less expensive than traditional agency trailers.

A $60.4 billion package passed by the Senate in December included $188 million for an Amtrak expansion project with an indirect link to Sandy.

(Amtrak?)

The Senate bill was overpriced, full of pork and swelled the federal deficit because other government programs weren't being cut to cover the costs of the legislation.

(other programs weren't being cut to cover the cost?)

It had to go back to the Senate for approval since the old bill expired January 3.

"An emergency funding bill should focus on the emergency needs of the victims, not the needs of politicians," said Indiana Sen. Dan Coats, the senior Republican on Senate Appropriations subcommittee on homeland security. "Loading up a massive $60.4 billion package with unrelated projects and earmarks for other states is not the way we should use taxpayer dollars."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/12/fi...

Loading up massive spending packages with unrelated projects and earmarks is customarily the way Democrats waste our tax dollars.

Republicans in the House voted to pass the bill that was on the table with only 67 holding out for a less expensive alternative.

And since Republicans control the House, you have no argument.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#839073 Jan 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Foreign registry ships are not permitted to sail between two U.S. ports. So, Alaskan cruise ships must leave from Canada.

They are allowed to sail between US ports.

Many vessels will stop at more than one port & load & unload cargo.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839074 Jan 14, 2013
"An emergency funding bill should focus on the emergency needs of the victims, not the needs of politicians," said Indiana Sen. Dan Coats, the senior Republican on Senate Appropriations subcommittee on homeland security. "Loading up a massive $60.4 billion package with unrelated projects and earmarks for other states is not the way we should use taxpayer dollars."

I just like that kind of reasoning and wanted to repeat it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,876
Some Valid Points 1 hr Rest of the story 1
How to make a woman squirtting 2 hr GuGu 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 181,710
im single black hndsome 2 hr ligolyser 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 4 hr Silk 81
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr JOEL 70,988
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info