Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232881 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lincoln

United States

#839185 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Some would argue that his suggesting the Constitution reflects "deep flaws"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QzSTvtM0SDcXX
...when he swore to uphold the Constitution is impeachable.
The only "fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day" is Obama being the president of it.
Republicans can shut down the government and cut off Veterans Checks and Social Security checks.
Voters already acknowledge Bush Oct 2008 Stock Market Crash of 2008 causing our economic problems.
President Obama 50.1 Percent
Gov. Romney 47%

Ball is in the Republican court?
carol

Orlando, FL

#839186 Jan 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Drones are a good thing when compared to the alternatives. Additionally the vast majority of drone flights are simply for the purpose of gathering intel.
Carol's distaste for drones is puzzling imo. Perhaps she would prefer F-116 A's or A-10's rolling hot on target and inevitably leading to US POW's.
What's even more puzzling is liberals and pseudoliberals seemingly having no problem with them even though they're creating more animosity and resentment towards the U.S.

Here's an execise in perspective: Picture GW Bush being in Obama's shoes right now.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#839187 Jan 14, 2013
Fiscal cliff?

Outta money...what does the USAF do?

Spend a billion on computer system only to shitCan it after if flops!

http://m.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2012/11/...
Thurston

Jamestown, NY

#839188 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you got one out of three right anyway.
Obama has definitely accelerated the use of the teleprompter.
But his campaign was fined the most under any president recently for not filing 1200 contributions.
And his "internet" and "grassroots" campaigning is bogus. He took scads of money from corporations.
Not only that. I heard that he...GASP...is a colored fellow.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#839189 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Some would argue that his suggesting the Constitution reflects "deep flaws"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QzSTvtM0SDcXX
...when he swore to uphold the Constitution is impeachable.
The only "fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day" is Obama being the president of it.
lol! Well! The cons have now decided to take out the 1st Amendment!

Or at the very least be selective on how it's applied!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#839190 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you got one out of three right anyway.
Obama has definitely accelerated the use of the teleprompter.
But his campaign was fined the most under any president recently for not filing 1200 contributions.
And his "internet" and "grassroots" campaigning is bogus. He took scads of money from corporations.
Well, so did Romney. And still got his butt kicked.

Funny thing is corporations don't vote. But cons like to ignore the people. They make a grand entrance of "here I am!" and get disappointed when no one applauds them! And then they wonder why!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#839191 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What's even more puzzling is liberals and pseudoliberals seemingly having no problem with them even though they're creating more animosity and resentment towards the U.S.
Here's an execise in perspective: Picture GW Bush being in Obama's shoes right now.
lol! After 10 years bushie still couldn't finish Afghanistan.

Talk about an exercise in futility!
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#839192 Jan 14, 2013
Fiscal cliff?

What does the US Army do?

Spend $2 billion on mobile cannon that was not mobile enough and got canx'd!!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/201...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#839193 Jan 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Suffice it to say that whatever President Obama does successfully or otherwise will be opposed by the Carols et al.
I don't know a lot about drones, but they seem to be an amazing tool and take the place of thousands of ground troops and American casualties; so, I trust the Presidents use of them.
They are basically big remote controlled airplanes. They can be armed with bombs, missiles, tazars, and other munitions.
Lincoln

United States

#839195 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What's even more puzzling is liberals and pseudoliberals seemingly having no problem with them even though they're creating more animosity and resentment towards the U.S.
Here's an execise in perspective: Picture GW Bush being in Obama's shoes right now.
You support the Taliban?
You want another 9/11 Bush screw up
or drones?
Truth

United States

#839196 Jan 14, 2013
Liar Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
OldRaider also insinuated (over and over and over) before the elction that Obama was not going after gun rights. He was wrong (or lying) then too.
Obama can't take any gun rights away, and hasn't.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#839197 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What's even more puzzling is liberals and pseudoliberals seemingly having no problem with them even though they're creating more animosity and resentment towards the U.S.
Here's an execise in perspective: Picture GW Bush being in Obama's shoes right now.
All I picture when reading your posts is despair on a level requiring treatment.

Meanwhile W spends his time in Crawford and/or Dallas a couple doors down from Albee Hunt, another homebound sumbitch.
proud2bwhite

Bernville, PA

#839198 Jan 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Some would argue that his suggesting the Constitution reflects "deep flaws"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QzSTvtM0SDcXX
...when he swore to uphold the Constitution is impeachable.
The only "fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day" is Obama being the president of it.
well said..
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#839199 Jan 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> They are basically big remote controlled airplanes. They can be armed with bombs, missiles, tazars, and other munitions.
Whoa__Flacko made it back from the Eagles Nest. How were the bands pal? How about the bikini bullriders? Oh My!

It's a wittle bit cuntwee and a wittle bit wock an woll eh?
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#839200 Jan 14, 2013
U.S. Government I do not bump aircraft carriers together anymore no one was injured. I am excellent Admiral. GF008 Safer World 2013
proud2bwhite

Bernville, PA

#839201 Jan 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Obama can't take any gun rights away, and hasn't.
correction.. obama can't legally take any gun rights away.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#839202 Jan 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa__Flacko made it back from the Eagles Nest. How were the bands pal? How about the bikini bullriders? Oh My!
It's a wittle bit cuntwee and a wittle bit wock an woll eh?
It's a great club. It huge. It has four bars. The outdoor area is bigger than most bars. Big time country bands play there. It's owned by Eagle 93.7 radio station.
carol

Orlando, FL

#839203 Jan 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>All I picture when reading your posts is despair on a level requiring treatment.
Meanwhile W spends his time in Crawford and/or Dallas a couple doors down from Albee Hunt, another homebound sumbitch.
So that means you approve of accelerating drones even though they are creating more animosity towards the U.S. I'm only assuming this by your vague response.

And you wouldn't be implying that I'm a "homebound sumbitch" just because I chose to learn a career allowing me to work from home so I could be more available for my child growing up. Would you?

Please clarify.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#839204 Jan 14, 2013
Red Dog Saloon is now open NATO drinks is on me Big Eagle every time AlQaeda Is captured or killed NATO. GF008 Safer World 2013
carol

Orlando, FL

#839205 Jan 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
SS and Medicare ARE very sustainable.
You need say no more - to avoid embarrassing yourself further.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Rogue Scholar 05 189,878
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 53,520
News 1 dead, 4 wounded in Chicago shootings 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 99,543
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr James 51,766
News More Than 40 People Shot In Chicago Over Holida... 6 hr reality is a crutch 1
abby 5-25-15 7 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]