Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838788 Jan 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party "is a popular, but largely meaningless term" but the Democrats have used it to win elections.
Which executive actions can a president take?
Tea Party enthusiasm gave Republicans control of the House.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838789 Jan 13, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Any weapon that is not pump action, lever action, bolt action or single shot would/should be defined as an assault weapon. You have a problem with that definition?
Absolutely. Semi-automatic weapons are not necessarily "assault weapons", and there is no chance of banning such weapons.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#838793 Jan 13, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
First sentence is not true; President Carter said it well: the election of a black man as President has brought what was a simmering cauldron of racism to a rolling boil.
Why shouldn't we talk about it?
Why shouldn't they talk about it?
It's only through awareness that people can learn
You want people to pretend it doesn't exist?
Your quoting from one of America's biggest losers is hilariously stupid, little girl. Quoting from Alfred E. Neuman would even be a better tactic.

Remember...Jimmy Cahta was the Jerk-In-Chief who publicly claimed he was attacked by a swimming rabbit while canoeing at Camp David.

Sounds like one of your life's experiences, too, lily. Attacked by a racist rat while dumpster-diving, eh?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#838794 Jan 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. Semi-automatic weapons are not necessarily "assault weapons", and there is no chance of banning such weapons.
Gun lobby: Congress doesn't have the muscle to pass gun control

A month after Sandy Hook shootings, lawmakers are scaling back expectations on what can be achieved in Congress on gun control. But Democrats are urging the White House to use executive powers.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2013/01...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#838795 Jan 13, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Gun lobby: Congress doesn't have the muscle to pass gun control
A month after Sandy Hook shootings, lawmakers are scaling back expectations on what can be achieved in Congress on gun control. But Democrats are urging the White House to use executive powers.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2013/01...
That EO is a ticking time bomb for the "0". Will he light the fuse and blow himself up? Impeachment proceedings should start immediately but they won't and we all know why.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#838796 Jan 13, 2013
Lived next to a 47 percenter lately...

"Dubuque Studies Link Between Section 8 Housing and Crime"

"In a two month period police arrested 553 people and 121 of those arrestees listed a section 8 address as his or her home.

Those addresses make up just about 14 percent of all rental properties, but they accounted for nearly half of all the people arrested during the study period. And many of those people, the city never approved to live there."

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/84533907.html

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#838797 Jan 13, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The nitwits can slow it down until the midterms.
With House ratings of 11%, a Democratic takeover will be easy.
If racists like you turn out, all the better
After that, it'll be all Obama, allthe time!!
As for Fidel, so will you be dead by 2016.
What's your point??

By 2016, even if you prophesies hold true, you will not be able to kill and rob all the rich you would like to. Many have already entered poverty or the "growth of the middle class", which means everybody is equally poor.

However, it is good that people like you are around to show the idiot Republicans who still think this is not a war, what reality is.

What are you guys gonna do once "the rich" have been eradicated along with poverty, racism, money and enough food? Even the printing press needs something valuable to keep going, especially when you will need a total national deficit or two to buy a cheeseburger after your leaders are done with you.

Location hidden

#838798 Jan 13, 2013
Howdy neighbor!

47 percenters!!!!!!!!

SONIC....SONICfilter...

Hello SonicFilter!

"In 2006 the IHA identified through analysis that nearly 80% of the criminal homicides that
occurred in Marion County were linked to fraudulent assistance occurring in either the Public
Housing program or the Section 8 program administered by the agency..."

http://www.indyhousing.org/business/documents...

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#838799 Jan 13, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a disgusting hate filled old fart, it's your own fault your life is a massive failure.
Failure? I could buy you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#838800 Jan 13, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Howdy neighbor!
47 percenters!!!!!!!!
SONIC....SONICfilter...
Hello SonicFilter!
"In 2006 the IHA identified through analysis that nearly 80% of the criminal homicides that
occurred in Marion County were linked to fraudulent assistance occurring in either the Public
Housing program or the Section 8 program administered by the agency..."
http://www.indyhousing.org/business/documents...
i'm 65 miles west of Indy.

all the homicides out here are linked to C&W bars and booze. and we won't even talk about the VFW. very scary old people with guns.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#838802 Jan 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you admit that you don't know what assault weapons are then why can't a definition of assault weapons include semi-automatic weapons. They certainly aren't necessary for hunting. And, since no one here has attempted to define exactly what government agents they intend to shoot to defend themselves, then they really aren't necessary to protect "patriots" from the government.

Location hidden

#838803 Jan 13, 2013
Disperse...!!!!!

disperse the 47 percenters...

"In the 1990s, the feds were embarrassed by skyrocketing crime rates in public housing—up to 10 times the national average, according to HUD studies and many newspaper reports. The government's response was to hand out vouchers to residents of the projects (authorized under Section 8 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974), dispersing them to safer and more upscale local..."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405311...

School voucher...BAD...
Sec 8 voucher...GOOD...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#838804 Jan 13, 2013
because they have to try.....

Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, said Sunday that Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was wrong to assume that the government had the right to place limits on the Second Amendment. "He was not speaking from a constitutional perspective," Pratt said.

"The amendment does provide it's own degree of scrutiny: It says,'shall not be infringed,'" Pratt said on "Fox News Sunday" after host Chris Wallace read a quote from a 2008 case in which Scalia wrote that the Second Amendment was not "unlimited."

"And we know that at least one justice, Mr. Thomas, takes that point of view. This is not something where the government is supposed to be free to tell we the people, the government's boss, how much -- how far we can go with the Second Amendment. The Second Amendment is there to constrain the government."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...

Scalia: What the opinion in Heller said is that it will have to be decided in future cases, what limitations upon the right to keep and bear arms are permissible.

until a new ruling is made....the word of the court stands.

"My starting point and probably my ending point will probably be what limitations are within the understood limitations that the society had at the time," he said. "They had some limitations on the nature of arms that could be borne."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/07/29/ju...

Location hidden

#838805 Jan 13, 2013
Sec 8...

47 percenters!

liberals and their 'level the playing field' hogwash!

"The study concludes that low-income public housing and Section 8 housing properties provide an environment conducive to homicides"

https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/Abstra...

Location hidden

#838806 Jan 13, 2013
More lovable 47 percenters...

make them your neighbors Lily!

"Homicide was simply moved to a new location, not eliminated," concluded University of Louisville criminologist Geetha Suresh in a 2009 article in Homicide Studies. In Louisville, Memphis, and other cities, violent crime skyrocketed in neighborhoods where Section 8 recipients resettled."

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-civil...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#838807 Jan 13, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
If you admit that you don't know what assault weapons are then why can't a definition of assault weapons include semi-automatic weapons. They certainly aren't necessary for hunting. And, since no one here has attempted to define exactly what government agents they intend to shoot to defend themselves, then they really aren't necessary to protect "patriots" from the government.
Lay off the bottle oldman. LMAO dodo birds are still alive!

Location hidden

#838808 Jan 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm 65 miles west of Indy.
all the homicides out here are linked to C&W bars and booze. and we won't even talk about the VFW. very scary old people with guns.
...hahahahhhaah!...

youZa a moran...

I am 100 times the researcher you are...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#838809 Jan 13, 2013
killtaker wrote:
More lovable 47 percenters...
make them your neighbors Lily!
"Homicide was simply moved to a new location, not eliminated," concluded University of Louisville criminologist Geetha Suresh in a 2009 article in Homicide Studies. In Louisville, Memphis, and other cities, violent crime skyrocketed in neighborhoods where Section 8 recipients resettled."
http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-civil...
Violence: I wonder if the Dumbascraps will ever understand it's the "why" not the "how". Can't fix a problem if you don't deal with it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#838810 Jan 13, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
...hahahahhhaah!...
youZa a moran...
I am 100 times the researcher you are...
and what is it you're researching?

Dog whistle politics

Dog whistle politics usually refers to the use of certain code words or phrases that are designed to be understood by only a small section of the populace. Generally speaking, these are phrases that have special meaning to that subsection entirely independent of its meaning to others, and represent a particularly insidious use of loaded language.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dog_whistle_poli...

oh yes, you are the man. i am puke green with envy. i can only strive to wallow in the mire you aspire to, and as soon as i can start taking myself much more seriously, i'll get back to ya.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#838811 Jan 13, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
That EO is a ticking time bomb for the "0". Will he light the fuse and blow himself up? Impeachment proceedings should start immediately but they won't and we all know why.
I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abia State University, Direct entry admission c... 20 min prof vicktor 1
Abby 9-30 23 min edogxxx 2
Amy 9-30 26 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,568
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 54 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,544
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,461
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 46,971
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,321
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]