Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
773,561 - 773,580 of 1,100,538 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

#838669 Jan 13, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush gets a pass as a middle-aged white guy dontcha know?
Obama gets an even bigger pass for being a far left half white/half black guy dontcha know?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#838670 Jan 13, 2013
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>One problem America has with all its new found oil and gas is that the major oil companies are shipping it out of here as fast as it can be loaded. US oil imports are the highest since 1949 and in Aug of 2012 Exxon filed for a permit to build the largest Natural Gas shipping port ever in America. The Repubs with their Drill Baby Drill have been suckered while Exxon makes MORE profit shipping our resources than ANY company has ever made in the history of the world in one year.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/26/news/companie...
You've got the oil import thing all wrong!!

""
U.S. Oil Imports to Seen Hitting 20-Year Low 42% of Use

By Kasia Klimasinska - Aug 23, 2012 12:46 PM ET

""A boom in oil production from the shale formations of North Dakota and Texas has the U.S. on a course to cut its reliance on imported crude oil to about 42 percent this year, the lowest level in two decades.

Dependence on crude purchased from foreign countries is on a pace to decline from last year, Adam Sieminski, the head of the U.S. Energy Information Administration, said during a Bloomberg Government lunch yesterday in Washington.

Higher oil prices and increased use of a drilling technique known as hydraulic fracturing has producers including Continental Resources Inc.(CLR), Marathon Oil Corp.(MRO) and Hess Corp.(HES) boosting production from oil-rich geologic formations. Hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, involves pumping millions of gallons of water into the ground to free oil and natural gas and has been widely used in shale-rock formations such as the Bakken of North Dakota and Eagle Ford in Texas.

“What’s happening in North Dakota, and in Texas, with Eagle Ford, Bakken formation in North Dakota, is a tremendous development for U.S. oil production and economic growth,” Sieminski said.

In 2011, the U.S. relied on imports for 44.8 percent of its petroleum consumption, down from 60.3 percent in 2005, according to EIA data. This year, the nation should end up at about 42 percent, Sieminski said in a telephone interview after the lunch. ""

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-23/u-s-...
BLOOMING IDIOTS

Nashville, NC

#838671 Jan 13, 2013
MOST OF THE DEMS WANT TO TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM PEOPLE THAT OBEY THE LAWS OF THE USA!YOU DO NOT HEAR THEM GOING AFTER
THE MAFIA,DRUG CARTELS AND OUTLAW GANGS TO TAKE THEIR GUNS AWAY FROM THEM!!!!WHY BECAUSE THEY ARE BLOOMING IDIOTS!!!!!!THEY HATE AMERICA!THEY ARE PAVING THE WAY FOR
THE ANTICHRIST!THEY SUPPORT SATAN!!!

Christ's prophecy on the Mount of Olives includes His statement that lawlessness will abound in the last days. It's part of Jesus Christ's answer to the disciple's question of what would be the sign of His second coming and of the end of the world. Is lawlessness increasing? Are we nearing the end of the world?

Christ's statement in Matthew 24:12 is "… lawlessness will abound…." The Greek word translated as "lawlessness" or "iniquity" in most versions of the Bible is anomia. It means "lawlessness – without law." The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary defines lawless as "not regulated by or based on law; not restrained or controlled by law." So in the last days we should expect to see increasing acts of lawlessness.

Murders, rapes, robberies and assaults; looking through crime statistics is chilling when you think about each number representing a victim as well as the perpetrator of the crime. Each victim is a human being – a wife, a husband, a child, a grandparent – who is murdered, raped, robbed or assaulted. The perpetrator of the crime disregarded – was not restrained or regulated by – the law. He or she committed a lawless act.

Looking at the crime statistics of the last 50 years shows a marked increase in the crime rate. Like nearly everything else that is measured, crime statistics fluctuate from year to year. But there is no denying crime has increased. Most people know that by reading the newspaper and watching the news on television. One hears about workplace homicide being a growing problem, about gang crimes and white collar crimes, about drug-related crimes and computer crimes. One hears about crimes on our campuses and schoolrooms and about corporate crimes and hate crimes.

The skeptic may say that crime was just as bad in the old days of the frontier and the Wild West. The general perception of many is that the frontier days in the early United States were lawless, and that the old west of the United States was even more wild and lawless. There is an old movie starring John Wayne with the title, The Lawless Frontier, and numerous similar western movies were made. But it really wasn't as lawless as portrayed by Hollywood. There weren't that many gunslingers, cattle rustlers, bank and stagecoach robbers, claim jumpers, saloon fights or challenges to draw at high noon. In fact, while many people carried a gun for protection, most western towns had laws against carrying a gun in town. The infrastructure of lawful society quickly caught up with the rapid western expansion.

Today, more and more people are getting "conceal and carry" permits. They feel the need to carry a gun because they see society becoming more and more lawless and they are afraid of being victimized.

More citizens are also disturbed by the trend of various authorities, who are entrusted with enforcing the laws of the land, failing to do so. Arizona is in the news, as it struggles with issues of illegal immigration. Some government, judicial and corporate officials fail or have refused to enforce certain laws with which they disagree, whether banking laws and regulations, environmental protection laws, immigration, marriage, election and other laws. These are also lawless acts.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#838672 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Some say it was because the kidnappers were more afraid of Reagan than Carter. After all that time the hostages were in capitivity and all of Carter's failed attempts to get them released, the timing does rather speak for itself.
Try Googling 'Iran Contra' affair.

"Several investigations ensued, including those by the U.S. Congress and the three-person, Reagan-appointed Tower Commission. Neither found any evidence that President Reagan himself knew of the extent of the multiple programs. In the end, fourteen administration officials were indicted, including then-Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger. Eleven convictions resulted, some of which were vacated on appeal. The rest of those indicted or convicted were all pardoned in the final days of the presidency of George H. W. Bush, who had been vice-president at the time of the affair."

----------

Biggest criminal scandal since Nixon. None worse since them.

Funny how you consider Reagan a hero, when it's a proven fact that he led a criminal Administration.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#838674 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
People were fed up with government out of control.
The Tea Party movement advocated a strict adherence to the United States Constitution, reducing U.S. government spending and taxes, and reduction of the U.S. national debt and federal budget deficit.
The movement was considered to be partly conservative, partly libertarian and partly populist.
The theme of the Boston Tea Party has long been used by anti-tax protesters. It was part of Tax Day protests held throughout the 1990s and earlier. By 2001, a custom had developed among some conservative activists of mailing tea bags to legislators and other officials as an act of symbolism.
Why must I always be the one educating you when you're supposed to know everything?
If McCain had threatened to raise the deficit and increase taxes as his "vision" for the economic crisis, you can bet the farm the Tea Party Movement would still have happened.
OK, I'll give you that a few tax mutts here and there had some sort of mini grassroots bullshyte thing going on during BushCo. But the uprising never began until FreedomWerks caught the attention of the nations "mild racists" or those who had never harbored hatred for blacks or other persons of color until one captured the Oval Office.

This is an old thread Carol__the first few days comments are still back there, and they prove my point.

My TeaParty neighbors, remember them??? Union people with fancy retirements/benefits and kids with safe union jobs at the GM Janesville Assembly. They laughed at me__couldn't believe that anyone would have to pay for health insurance or do without. Guess what Carol__they're unretired and back in Wisconsin trying to keep their family intact.

I sent them a nice Christmas card. They e-mailed me thanks.

Dick Armey and his eight million new friend$ says that the TeaParty was no more than a fools paradise.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#838679 Jan 13, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again: more slop from the Tenzing schlepp.
You fear identifying a particular racial group by their skin color even though they themselves call themselves black?
You are also afraid to call your own shadow dark for fear of reprisals.
Afraid of your own shadow. Fool!
Take it up with Carol moron.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#838678 Jan 13, 2013
Off topic but barring a miracle the SeaHawks have come all the way back and will likely win this game.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#838680 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the NAACP that question and every liberal news commentator on television. They should know. They assigned broad attributes to groups with skin color as an excuse to silence the opposition.
Should I go back and count the number of times just me, myself and I was called a racist at the beginning for daring to criticize Obama's presidency? Not to mention every single conservative on here? By every single liberal?
If a black republican won the presidency, do you think that would happen? I can assure you it wouldn't.
Tenzing is just contrary for the sake of being a contrarian. Period.

Tell him the sky is Blue and he'll talk about Martian Atmosphere, LA Smog and Red Sunsets after Pompeii erupted.

He does dog tricks, too:>

Location hidden

#838681 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the NAACP that question and every liberal news commentator on television. They should know. They assigned broad attributes to groups with skin color as an excuse to silence the opposition.
Should I go back and count the number of times just me, myself and I was called a racist at the beginning for daring to criticize Obama's presidency? Not to mention every single conservative on here? By every single liberal?
If a black republican won the presidency, do you think that would happen? I can assure you it wouldn't.
I didn't see them do it but I see you and your friends do it all the time.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#838682 Jan 13, 2013
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> your party of idiots obviously didn't play the cards right, that's what i call stupidity, that's why they lost the election, even with LIES.
Hi, Elmo!

Stay on Sesame St.

We talk adult stuff here, Doodette.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#838683 Jan 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Off topic but barring a miracle the SeaHawks have come all the way back and will likely win this game.
Miracles happen eh?

Location hidden

#838684 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Some say it was because the kidnappers were more afraid of Reagan than Carter. After all that time the hostages were in capitivity and all of Carter's failed attempts to get them released, the timing does rather speak for itself.
Ha, you and your mythology ...

Meanwhile:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HFQdVDl0qao/TOrW0Cd...
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#838685 Jan 13, 2013
Good job Anders Fogh Rasmussen and Ambassador Alexander Vershow I will let you know next orders. GF008 Safer World 2013
carol

Orlando, FL

#838686 Jan 13, 2013
Black, the answer was black.
carol

Orlando, FL

#838687 Jan 13, 2013
Black isn't a color.
carol

Orlando, FL

#838688 Jan 13, 2013
Neither is white.
carol

Orlando, FL

#838689 Jan 13, 2013
STOP IT!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#838690 Jan 13, 2013
Hackers cyber space attackers you will be traced and caught should you try to hack into my High Command. GF008 Safer World 2013
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#838691 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
People were fed up with government out of control.
The Tea Party movement advocated a strict adherence to the United States Constitution, reducing U.S. government spending and taxes, and reduction of the U.S. national debt and federal budget deficit.
The movement was considered to be partly conservative, partly libertarian and partly populist.
The theme of the Boston Tea Party has long been used by anti-tax protesters. It was part of Tax Day protests held throughout the 1990s and earlier. By 2001, a custom had developed among some conservative activists of mailing tea bags to legislators and other officials as an act of symbolism.
Why must I always be the one educating you when you're supposed to know everything?
If McCain had threatened to raise the deficit and increase taxes as his "vision" for the economic crisis, you can bet the farm the Tea Party Movement would still have happened.
lol! Actually, no. The tea-p isn't a cohesive organization.

They're just a bunch of radicals trying to hijack something for their own use!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#838692 Jan 13, 2013
Ryan Coal Company fire in the hole should Alqaeda be found in Afghanistan cave. GF008 Safer World 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 32 min Crazy Jae 4,657
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,997
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,409
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr Candy4Me 7,751
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,379
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr newpoly 1,910
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE