Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#838656 Jan 13, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, what would YOU call it when someone assigns broad attributes to groups with skin color as the only qualifier?
Here we go again: more slop from the Tenzing schlepp.

You fear identifying a particular racial group by their skin color even though they themselves call themselves black?

You are also afraid to call your own shadow dark for fear of reprisals.

Afraid of your own shadow. Fool!
carol

Orlando, FL

#838658 Jan 13, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, what would YOU call it when someone assigns broad attributes to groups with skin color as the only qualifier?
Ask the NAACP that question and every liberal news commentator on television. They should know. They assigned broad attributes to groups with skin color as an excuse to silence the opposition.

Should I go back and count the number of times just me, myself and I was called a racist at the beginning for daring to criticize Obama's presidency? Not to mention every single conservative on here? By every single liberal?

If a black republican won the presidency, do you think that would happen? I can assure you it wouldn't.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#838659 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A mandate is when Reagan beat Carter by winning 489 electoral votes to Carter's 49; winning 44 states over Carter's 6 plus DC; and winning 43,903,230 of the popular vote to Carter's 35,480,115. A victory of almost 10%- 9.8%.
It is NOT a mandate when Obama wins by 332 electoral votes to Romney's 206, carried 26 states plus DC to Romney's 24 and winning only 65,899,660 of the popular vote to Romney's 60,932,152. A victory of only 3.8%
You do see the difference, don't you?
Another myth Carter was neck and neck with Reagan until the Iran hostage business stopped him dead in his tracks. The irony of it was, their release was negotiated by the Carter adminstration but didn't happen until after the election. So Reagan reaped the benefit,& it was the Reagan adminstration that sowed the seeds for the GFC & racked up a $hit load of debt. Yet this is the best you got as an icon for your party. History judges him a whole lot different

It's the same as everything else that defies logic with your lot like climate change. It makes sense that one person peeing in a river is not going to worry anyone too much, but a 100,000 peeing in the same river means you are not going to swim in it, then have a million peeing in it the fish start floating to the top. It's the same with atmosphere, a million cars & factories who cares but a billion makes a huge difference. This is the concept you fail to understand yet grasp onto crap like magnetic pole shifts as a substitution to explain it away.
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

#838660 Jan 13, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Boy Messiah and his crowd have an agenda but work hard to keep it fuzzy and will muddy the water at each and every chance they get.
How does that saying go? "Ignore most of what they say but carefully watch what they do". The Jerk-In-Chief plays the Race Card very carefully.
your party of idiots obviously didn't play the cards right, that's what i call stupidity, that's why they lost the election, even with LIES.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#838661 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say I'm "disappointed" with the majority of black Americans because they have been so easily fooled.
Let's also say I'm "displeased" that the majority of black Americans turn on other black Americans who follow the beat of a different drummer and who think for themselves.
But is that racist? No, it isn't.
I'm disappointed and displeased with white liberals too, you included. What do you call that?
Your wording of previous posts was far more racist than 'I'm disapointed'.

But you are clearly feeling guilty for your racism, so you return to attempt to 'walk back' some of your comments.

Isn't that exactly what people like Newt do on a regualr basis when he's caught talking racist crap??

And he's one of your heroes. You couldn't wait until he got to debate Obama.

ROFLMAO

""Good news, everyone: Judge Sonia Sotomayor, President Obama’s pick for the Supreme Court, isn’t a racist after all.

This according to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who had earlier, on Twitter, written,“Imagine a judicial nominee said ‘my experience as a white man makes me better than a latina woman’ new racism is no better than old racism,” and then followed up with “White man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw.”

Now, in a piece for Human Events, Gingrich writes:

My initial reaction was strong and direct — perhaps too strong and too direct. The sentiment struck me as racist and I said so. Since then, some who want to have an open and honest consideration of Judge Sotomayor’s fitness to serve on the nation’s highest court have been critical of my word choice.

With these critics who want to have an honest conversation, I agree. The word “racist” should not have been applied to Judge Sotomayor as a person, even if her words themselves are unacceptable (a fact which both President Obama and his Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs, have since admitted).

Later in the piece, Gingrich says he wants to turn the discussion about Sotomayor’s nomination into one about judicial impartiality. Thing is, it’s probably too late to change course now. Gingrich and others, like Rush Limbaugh, have set the tone for the Republican response to Sotomayor — and it’s often been an ugly tone. They’ll have trouble putting the genie back in the bottle now."

----------

Your party is full of racists, you among them.

We're used to your denials, but read the racism in your posts.

That's why you lost the election. DUH
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

El Monte, CA

#838662 Jan 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as the Republicans won the election for the House of Representatives and should use that power to move Obama to the center.
not enough power to change our agenda, nice try.

Location hidden

#838663 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the NAACP that question and every liberal news commentator on television. They should know. They assigned broad attributes to groups with skin color as an excuse to silence the opposition.
Should I go back and count the number of times just me, myself and I was called a racist at the beginning for daring to criticize Obama's presidency? Not to mention every single conservative on here? By every single liberal?
If a black republican won the presidency, do you think that would happen? I can assure you it wouldn't.
A black Republiclown for President??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You nitwits would never, never, never nominate a black person.

Do you ever read the stupidity you've written??

Apparently not.

Your Party would shoot the person first chance they got.

Look how they savaged Michael Steele when he was head of the RNC.

And how they turned on Herman Cain, running him out of the primaries?? It was Republiclowns who brought out his tawdry past with women he paid to be his 'friends'.
carol

Orlando, FL

#838664 Jan 13, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such an idiot!! You have to go back over 30 years to find what you want??
Set the trap, in wanders Lorac!!
Lesee now, Bush lost the popuplar vote in 2000 by 500,000, and won the electoral college 271-266, a mere five votes.
It took the Supreme Court to install him. The same Supreme Court your new BFF calls 'dysfunctional'
It's all perspective, isn't it??
Obama won 332-206 in electoral votes,band roughly 5 MILLION more popular votes.
Compared to Bush, Obama won a resounding mandate over Rmoney!!
Keep bringing up stupid comparisons.
I'll continue to make you look stupid.
Actually, uyou'll make yourself look stupid, I'll merely point it out!!
ROFLMAO
It was important to educate dem on the meaning of a mandate when he was obviously a bit confused.

Yes, Obama won. But it was a lot closer than most of you want to admit. That is not a mandate. In fact, it only proves the country is still very much divided and it is Obama's responsibility and duty to bring us together by representing all of us - not just the selected few who put him over the top.

And it's certainly not a mandate for him to become an even more narcissitic bully.
carol

Orlando, FL

#838666 Jan 13, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another myth Carter was neck and neck with Reagan until the Iran hostage business stopped him dead in his tracks. The irony of it was, their release was negotiated by the Carter adminstration but didn't happen until after the election. So Reagan reaped the benefit,& it was the Reagan adminstration that sowed the seeds for the GFC & racked up a $hit load of debt. Yet this is the best you got as an icon for your party. History judges him a whole lot different
It's the same as everything else that defies logic with your lot like climate change. It makes sense that one person peeing in a river is not going to worry anyone too much, but a 100,000 peeing in the same river means you are not going to swim in it, then have a million peeing in it the fish start floating to the top. It's the same with atmosphere, a million cars & factories who cares but a billion makes a huge difference. This is the concept you fail to understand yet grasp onto crap like magnetic pole shifts as a substitution to explain it away.
Some say it was because the kidnappers were more afraid of Reagan than Carter. After all that time the hostages were in capitivity and all of Carter's failed attempts to get them released, the timing does rather speak for itself.
carol

Orlando, FL

#838668 Jan 13, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wording of previous posts was far more racist than 'I'm disapointed'.
But you are clearly feeling guilty for your racism, so you return to attempt to 'walk back' some of your comments.
Isn't that exactly what people like Newt do on a regualr basis when he's caught talking racist crap??
And he's one of your heroes. You couldn't wait until he got to debate Obama.
ROFLMAO
""Good news, everyone: Judge Sonia Sotomayor, President Obama’s pick for the Supreme Court, isn’t a racist after all.
This according to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who had earlier, on Twitter, written,“Imagine a judicial nominee said ‘my experience as a white man makes me better than a latina woman’ new racism is no better than old racism,” and then followed up with “White man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw.”
Now, in a piece for Human Events, Gingrich writes:
My initial reaction was strong and direct — perhaps too strong and too direct. The sentiment struck me as racist and I said so. Since then, some who want to have an open and honest consideration of Judge Sotomayor’s fitness to serve on the nation’s highest court have been critical of my word choice.
With these critics who want to have an honest conversation, I agree. The word “racist” should not have been applied to Judge Sotomayor as a person, even if her words themselves are unacceptable (a fact which both President Obama and his Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs, have since admitted).
Later in the piece, Gingrich says he wants to turn the discussion about Sotomayor’s nomination into one about judicial impartiality. Thing is, it’s probably too late to change course now. Gingrich and others, like Rush Limbaugh, have set the tone for the Republican response to Sotomayor — and it’s often been an ugly tone. They’ll have trouble putting the genie back in the bottle now."
----------
Your party is full of racists, you among them.
We're used to your denials, but read the racism in your posts.
That's why you lost the election. DUH
Why didn't you tell me you were a mind reader?

What color am I thinking of right now?
carol

Orlando, FL

#838669 Jan 13, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush gets a pass as a middle-aged white guy dontcha know?
Obama gets an even bigger pass for being a far left half white/half black guy dontcha know?

Location hidden

#838670 Jan 13, 2013
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>One problem America has with all its new found oil and gas is that the major oil companies are shipping it out of here as fast as it can be loaded. US oil imports are the highest since 1949 and in Aug of 2012 Exxon filed for a permit to build the largest Natural Gas shipping port ever in America. The Repubs with their Drill Baby Drill have been suckered while Exxon makes MORE profit shipping our resources than ANY company has ever made in the history of the world in one year.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/26/news/companie...
You've got the oil import thing all wrong!!

""
U.S. Oil Imports to Seen Hitting 20-Year Low 42% of Use

By Kasia Klimasinska - Aug 23, 2012 12:46 PM ET

""A boom in oil production from the shale formations of North Dakota and Texas has the U.S. on a course to cut its reliance on imported crude oil to about 42 percent this year, the lowest level in two decades.

Dependence on crude purchased from foreign countries is on a pace to decline from last year, Adam Sieminski, the head of the U.S. Energy Information Administration, said during a Bloomberg Government lunch yesterday in Washington.

Higher oil prices and increased use of a drilling technique known as hydraulic fracturing has producers including Continental Resources Inc.(CLR), Marathon Oil Corp.(MRO) and Hess Corp.(HES) boosting production from oil-rich geologic formations. Hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, involves pumping millions of gallons of water into the ground to free oil and natural gas and has been widely used in shale-rock formations such as the Bakken of North Dakota and Eagle Ford in Texas.

“What’s happening in North Dakota, and in Texas, with Eagle Ford, Bakken formation in North Dakota, is a tremendous development for U.S. oil production and economic growth,” Sieminski said.

In 2011, the U.S. relied on imports for 44.8 percent of its petroleum consumption, down from 60.3 percent in 2005, according to EIA data. This year, the nation should end up at about 42 percent, Sieminski said in a telephone interview after the lunch. ""

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-23/u-s-...
BLOOMING IDIOTS

Nashville, NC

#838671 Jan 13, 2013
MOST OF THE DEMS WANT TO TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM PEOPLE THAT OBEY THE LAWS OF THE USA!YOU DO NOT HEAR THEM GOING AFTER
THE MAFIA,DRUG CARTELS AND OUTLAW GANGS TO TAKE THEIR GUNS AWAY FROM THEM!!!!WHY BECAUSE THEY ARE BLOOMING IDIOTS!!!!!!THEY HATE AMERICA!THEY ARE PAVING THE WAY FOR
THE ANTICHRIST!THEY SUPPORT SATAN!!!

Christ's prophecy on the Mount of Olives includes His statement that lawlessness will abound in the last days. It's part of Jesus Christ's answer to the disciple's question of what would be the sign of His second coming and of the end of the world. Is lawlessness increasing? Are we nearing the end of the world?

Christ's statement in Matthew 24:12 is "… lawlessness will abound…." The Greek word translated as "lawlessness" or "iniquity" in most versions of the Bible is anomia. It means "lawlessness – without law." The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary defines lawless as "not regulated by or based on law; not restrained or controlled by law." So in the last days we should expect to see increasing acts of lawlessness.

Murders, rapes, robberies and assaults; looking through crime statistics is chilling when you think about each number representing a victim as well as the perpetrator of the crime. Each victim is a human being – a wife, a husband, a child, a grandparent – who is murdered, raped, robbed or assaulted. The perpetrator of the crime disregarded – was not restrained or regulated by – the law. He or she committed a lawless act.

Looking at the crime statistics of the last 50 years shows a marked increase in the crime rate. Like nearly everything else that is measured, crime statistics fluctuate from year to year. But there is no denying crime has increased. Most people know that by reading the newspaper and watching the news on television. One hears about workplace homicide being a growing problem, about gang crimes and white collar crimes, about drug-related crimes and computer crimes. One hears about crimes on our campuses and schoolrooms and about corporate crimes and hate crimes.

The skeptic may say that crime was just as bad in the old days of the frontier and the Wild West. The general perception of many is that the frontier days in the early United States were lawless, and that the old west of the United States was even more wild and lawless. There is an old movie starring John Wayne with the title, The Lawless Frontier, and numerous similar western movies were made. But it really wasn't as lawless as portrayed by Hollywood. There weren't that many gunslingers, cattle rustlers, bank and stagecoach robbers, claim jumpers, saloon fights or challenges to draw at high noon. In fact, while many people carried a gun for protection, most western towns had laws against carrying a gun in town. The infrastructure of lawful society quickly caught up with the rapid western expansion.

Today, more and more people are getting "conceal and carry" permits. They feel the need to carry a gun because they see society becoming more and more lawless and they are afraid of being victimized.

More citizens are also disturbed by the trend of various authorities, who are entrusted with enforcing the laws of the land, failing to do so. Arizona is in the news, as it struggles with issues of illegal immigration. Some government, judicial and corporate officials fail or have refused to enforce certain laws with which they disagree, whether banking laws and regulations, environmental protection laws, immigration, marriage, election and other laws. These are also lawless acts.

Location hidden

#838672 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Some say it was because the kidnappers were more afraid of Reagan than Carter. After all that time the hostages were in capitivity and all of Carter's failed attempts to get them released, the timing does rather speak for itself.
Try Googling 'Iran Contra' affair.

"Several investigations ensued, including those by the U.S. Congress and the three-person, Reagan-appointed Tower Commission. Neither found any evidence that President Reagan himself knew of the extent of the multiple programs. In the end, fourteen administration officials were indicted, including then-Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger. Eleven convictions resulted, some of which were vacated on appeal. The rest of those indicted or convicted were all pardoned in the final days of the presidency of George H. W. Bush, who had been vice-president at the time of the affair."

----------

Biggest criminal scandal since Nixon. None worse since them.

Funny how you consider Reagan a hero, when it's a proven fact that he led a criminal Administration.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#838674 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
People were fed up with government out of control.
The Tea Party movement advocated a strict adherence to the United States Constitution, reducing U.S. government spending and taxes, and reduction of the U.S. national debt and federal budget deficit.
The movement was considered to be partly conservative, partly libertarian and partly populist.
The theme of the Boston Tea Party has long been used by anti-tax protesters. It was part of Tax Day protests held throughout the 1990s and earlier. By 2001, a custom had developed among some conservative activists of mailing tea bags to legislators and other officials as an act of symbolism.
Why must I always be the one educating you when you're supposed to know everything?
If McCain had threatened to raise the deficit and increase taxes as his "vision" for the economic crisis, you can bet the farm the Tea Party Movement would still have happened.
OK, I'll give you that a few tax mutts here and there had some sort of mini grassroots bullshyte thing going on during BushCo. But the uprising never began until FreedomWerks caught the attention of the nations "mild racists" or those who had never harbored hatred for blacks or other persons of color until one captured the Oval Office.

This is an old thread Carol__the first few days comments are still back there, and they prove my point.

My TeaParty neighbors, remember them??? Union people with fancy retirements/benefits and kids with safe union jobs at the GM Janesville Assembly. They laughed at me__couldn't believe that anyone would have to pay for health insurance or do without. Guess what Carol__they're unretired and back in Wisconsin trying to keep their family intact.

I sent them a nice Christmas card. They e-mailed me thanks.

Dick Armey and his eight million new friend$ says that the TeaParty was no more than a fools paradise.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#838679 Jan 13, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again: more slop from the Tenzing schlepp.
You fear identifying a particular racial group by their skin color even though they themselves call themselves black?
You are also afraid to call your own shadow dark for fear of reprisals.
Afraid of your own shadow. Fool!
Take it up with Carol moron.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#838678 Jan 13, 2013
Off topic but barring a miracle the SeaHawks have come all the way back and will likely win this game.

Lapeer, MI

#838680 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Tenzing is just contrary for the sake of being a contrarian. Period.

Tell him the sky is Blue and he'll talk about Martian Atmosphere, LA Smog and Red Sunsets after Pompeii erupted.

He does dog tricks, too:>

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#838681 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see them do it but I see you and your friends do it all the time.

Lapeer, MI

#838682 Jan 13, 2013
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> your party of idiots obviously didn't play the cards right, that's what i call stupidity, that's why they lost the election, even with LIES.
Hi, Elmo!

Stay on Sesame St.

We talk adult stuff here, Doodette.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min Brian_G 47,068
Minimum Wage and Unemployment Model 3 hr Goh 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMerde 50,063
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Mister Tonka 98,373
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 5 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]