Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#838810 Jan 13, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
...hahahahhhaah!...
youZa a moran...
I am 100 times the researcher you are...
and what is it you're researching?

Dog whistle politics

Dog whistle politics usually refers to the use of certain code words or phrases that are designed to be understood by only a small section of the populace. Generally speaking, these are phrases that have special meaning to that subsection entirely independent of its meaning to others, and represent a particularly insidious use of loaded language.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dog_whistle_poli...

oh yes, you are the man. i am puke green with envy. i can only strive to wallow in the mire you aspire to, and as soon as i can start taking myself much more seriously, i'll get back to ya.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#838811 Jan 13, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
That EO is a ticking time bomb for the "0". Will he light the fuse and blow himself up? Impeachment proceedings should start immediately but they won't and we all know why.
I agree.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#838812 Jan 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm 65 miles west of Indy.
all the homicides out here are linked to C&W bars and booze. and we won't even talk about the VFW. very scary old people with guns.
that explains alot because Indianapolis is nothing like over toward Rockville, IN especially the eastside of Indianapolis. I always assumed you lived right in Indianapolis when it showed as Indianapolis.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838814 Jan 13, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Any weapon that is not pump action, lever action, bolt action or single shot would/should be defined as an assault weapon. You have a problem with that definition?
Any weapons not available to the general public should not be available to any law enforcement agency....or to the military except when deployed to fight foreign wars.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#838816 Jan 13, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that explains alot because Indianapolis is nothing like over toward Rockville, IN especially the eastside of Indianapolis. I always assumed you lived right in Indianapolis when it showed as Indianapolis.
Parke country. but a tourist. i know of the rat race.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838817 Jan 13, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>ok, so how are you tying that to unions? That doesn't prevent us ships from bringing it?
Trying to blame unions is simply pathetic
US registry ships with union labor are non-competitive and needlessly increase costs.

Why do Alaskan cruise ships leave from Vancouver, B.C., and not from a port in Washington?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#838818 Jan 13, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a good game!!
Seahawks almost made it happen, Atlanta seemed jinxed.
But Ryan did a great job of getting them in Field Goal range with .13 left!!
I like the Niners.
But if the Pats get there, they will win the Super Bowl.
Sounds like it was, but i didn't watch it. All i know is i check the score once and it's 27 7. The next time it's 28 27 seahawks.

Kapernick is from this area and I've been a 9er fan since 82 so i'm going to gave to call bullsht on your prediction.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#838821 Jan 13, 2013
Ohio...

Costodians to be armed....

http://m.toledoblade.com/Education/2013/01/12...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838822 Jan 13, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
That EO is a ticking time bomb for the "0". Will he light the fuse and blow himself up? Impeachment proceedings should start immediately but they won't and we all know why.
Better to forget the impeachment process, which will go nowhere in the Democrat Senate, and instead use gun control as a political sledgehammer to gain control of the Senate in 2014.

Gun control is as big a mistake for the Democrats as strict anti-abortion is for the Republicans....only bigger.

The truth is that some form of gun control may be appropriate for shitholes like NYC and Chicago which are gang-controlled, but is not appropriate for the responsible citizens in the rest of America.

Note that Joe Biden's lynch mob is focused only on responsible citizens, not on the criminal or mentally ill elements, which are the Obama base.
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

#838823 Jan 13, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
By 2016, even if you prophesies hold true, you will not be able to kill and rob all the rich you would like to. Many have already entered poverty or the "growth of the middle class", which means everybody is equally poor.
However, it is good that people like you are around to show the idiot Republicans who still think this is not a war, what reality is.
What are you guys gonna do once "the rich" have been eradicated along with poverty, racism, money and enough food? Even the printing press needs something valuable to keep going, especially when you will need a total national deficit or two to buy a cheeseburger after your leaders are done with you.
In the past 30 years the middle class incomes have increased 18% while the top have increased 387%. The Richest 400 people in the US now have more combined wealth than the first 150 million Americans. The Top 20% of all wage earners receive 80% of ALL income each year. After the collapse of 2008, 93% of ALL the wealth recovered so far has gone to the top 1%. The Forbes 400 list for 2012 has the richest 400 Americans at a combined record wealth of $1.7 Trillion. Exactly when do you believe this 30 year old Trickle Down Economic shit will start to kick in for the rest of America?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838824 Jan 13, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
By 2016, even if you prophesies hold true, you will not be able to kill and rob all the rich you would like to. Many have already entered poverty or the "growth of the middle class", which means everybody is equally poor.
However, it is good that people like you are around to show the idiot Republicans who still think this is not a war, what reality is.
What are you guys gonna do once "the rich" have been eradicated along with poverty, racism, money and enough food? Even the printing press needs something valuable to keep going, especially when you will need a total national deficit or two to buy a cheeseburger after your leaders are done with you.
Those in the 90-97th percentiles and the 80-89th percentiles already recognize that they are the next targets for the Obama mob. These folks are the true "middle class."

Time for them to jerk Quisling Republicans like Christie back to reality. Otherwise they will be like the Jews who packed their suitcases for the trip to Auschwitz, thinking that cooperation would save them.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838826 Jan 13, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
If you admit that you don't know what assault weapons are then why can't a definition of assault weapons include semi-automatic weapons. They certainly aren't necessary for hunting. And, since no one here has attempted to define exactly what government agents they intend to shoot to defend themselves, then they really aren't necessary to protect "patriots" from the government.
Any federal agents that attempt to confiscate weapons from law-abiding citizens are Obama Gestapo and should be greeted accordingly.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#838827 Jan 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Parke country. but a tourist. i know of the rat race.
I Agree its a rat race alright but socially & economically there is a big difference which Parke County doesnt have the social problems on a scale like Marion County.
forks_make_us_fa t

Conway, AR

#838828 Jan 13, 2013
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>In the past 30 years the middle class incomes have increased 18% while the top have increased 387%. The Richest 400 people in the US now have more combined wealth than the first 150 million Americans. The Top 20% of all wage earners receive 80% of ALL income each year. After the collapse of 2008, 93% of ALL the wealth recovered so far has gone to the top 1%. The Forbes 400 list for 2012 has the richest 400 Americans at a combined record wealth of $1.7 Trillion. Exactly when do you believe this 30 year old Trickle Down Economic shit will start to kick in for the rest of America?
400 wealthiest...worth
...$1.7 trillion....
And we owe $16 trillion...
...when is the taxing the rich guy aporoach gonna....

Nevermind
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838829 Jan 13, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Ohio...
Costodians to be armed....
http://m.toledoblade.com/Education/2013/01/12...
I would trust properly trained teachers or administrators over janitors, but some protection is better than none.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838830 Jan 13, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
400 wealthiest...worth
...$1.7 trillion....
And we owe $16 trillion...
...when is the taxing the rich guy aporoach gonna....
Nevermind
Liquidate the 400 richest Americans, take all their assets, and you can finance the Obama deficit for one year.

Then liquidate the next 40,000 richest Americans, take all their assets, and you can finance the Obama deficit for another year.

Then liquidate the next 4,000,000 richest Americans, take all their assets, and you can finance the Obama deficit for another year.

You get the picture.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#838831 Jan 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Liquidate the 400 richest Americans, take all their assets, and you can finance the Obama deficit for one year.
Then liquidate the next 40,000 richest Americans, take all their assets, and you can finance the Obama deficit for another year.
Then liquidate the next 4,000,000 richest Americans, take all their assets, and you can finance the Obama deficit for another year.
You get the picture.
Obama knows this as well as anyone. This was demonization and retribution, he rallied the moron vote with it. He has no intention of lowering the debt or reducing the budget no matter how much revenue he squeezes out of working Americans.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838832 Jan 13, 2013
BAMAKO, Mali France's foreign minister says the United States is providing communications and transport help for an international military intervention aimed at wresting Mali's north out of the hands of Islamist extremists.

Laurent Fabius says Britain, Denmark, and other European countries also are helping.

Fabius said on RTL radio Sunday, "We have the support of the Americans for communications and transport." He didn't provide details.

U.S. officials on Saturday said they had offered to send drones to Mali.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838833 Jan 13, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama knows this as well as anyone. This was demonization and retribution, he rallied the moron vote with it. He has no intention of lowering the debt or reducing the budget no matter how much revenue he squeezes out of working Americans.
You assume that Obama is a decent and rational person, not a vengeful ideologue.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#838834 Jan 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I would trust properly trained teachers or administrators over janitors, but some protection is better than none.
WHY????

Why should a "properly trained teacher or administrator" be any better than a janitor? First of all, most teachers are super-liberals and HATE guns, so I think it is very likely we will have many of them be willing to field some REAL protection for their kids. Also, janitors are probably more practical-minded people to begin with and much more likely to have been using weapons in the past.

Finally, arming teachers in the schools may be better than nothing of course, however, the best option is simply not to attend the schools to begin with. There is no reason all the property tax money and other money going to fund schools could not be given back to the individual in question if he/she does not use the services offered. In that case, we would only mostly have liberals in these schools and then liberal parents could be free to ship their kids to killing-zone day cares, I mean "schools" as before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cattle ranchers 19 min SUSAN PAGE 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Acolyte 51,551
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 185,099
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 3 hr swedenforever 54,547
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Ratloder 69,133
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Non _cents 5,726
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr Non _cents 5,079
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:57 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:57PM
Weighing Pros and Cons of Bears' Top FA Targets
NBC Sports 9:46 PM
Colts agree to terms on extension for long snapper Matt Overton
Bleacher Report 3:59 AM
Weighing the Pros and Cons of Top Free-Agent Targets
Bleacher Report 5:50 AM
Report: Hasselbeck's Contract with Colts Worth $3M
Bleacher Report 7:32 PM
Moving Long to Tackle Can Solidify Bears' O-Line