Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#838735 Jan 13, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Colin Powell: GOP Holds 'Dark Vein Of Intolerance'
""Former Secretary Of State Colin Powell delivered some harsh words for the GOP as a whole on Sunday.
In an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press," Powell noted that there is a "dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party."
"What do I mean by that?," he explained. "What I mean by that is they still sort of look down on minorities."
Powell specifically pointed to October 2012 comments by former Alaska Gov. and Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin on the attacks in Benghazi, Libya.
"When I see a former governor say that the president is 'shuckin' and jivin'-- that's a racial-era slave term," Powell said, referring to Palin's words on Obama's response.
Powell added that Republicans had become too preoccupied with the candidate-selection process, losing sight of the group's overall message.
"You've got to think first about what's the party actually going to represent," Powell said. "If it's just going to represent the far right wing of the political spectrum, I think the party is in difficulty. I'm a moderate, but I'm still a Republican."
Powell was the first African American to fill the role of Secretary Of State, serving under President George W. Bush from 2001-05. Despite maintaining his allegiance to the Republican Party, Powell has been an ardent supporter for President Barack Obama, giving him a 2008 vote and a 2012 endorsement.
"I think we ought to keep on the track we are on," said Powell in October 2012, commending Obama on the economy and Iraq War.
Top Mitt Romney surrogate John Sununu turned heads after the announcement, suggesting that Powell's Obama endorsement was motivated by race. That statement prompted former Powell Chief Of Staff Lawrence Wilkerson to make Republican-Party comments similar in nature to Powell's Sunday remarks.
My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people -- not all of them, but most of them -- who are still basing their positions on race. Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists, and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin, and that's despicable""
----------
A Republican War Hero sees the intolerance, hatred, and racism within his Party.
While the stupid racists here try to deny it!!
Gotta love it!!
They're doubling down on their racism, after losing an election for it!!
Carol will call him a black racist out to get whitey
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#838737 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Some say it was because the kidnappers were more afraid of Reagan than Carter. After all that time the hostages were in capitivity and all of Carter's failed attempts to get them released, the timing does rather speak for itself.
Another load. Reagan made a deal, and Carter knew about it too.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#838738 Jan 13, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be that this new troll is really an emaam sockppuppet??
He's got emaam's level of stupidity!!
Well they're all vying for the #1 dummie spot; like that vegan so called doctor!
Lincoln

United States

#838739 Jan 13, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Colin Powell: GOP Holds 'Dark Vein Of Intolerance'
""Former Secretary Of State Colin Powell delivered some harsh words for the GOP as a whole on Sunday.
In an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press," Powell noted that there is a "dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party."
"What do I mean by that?," he explained. "What I mean by that is they still sort of look down on minorities."
Powell specifically pointed to October 2012 comments by former Alaska Gov. and Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin on the attacks in Benghazi, Libya.
"When I see a former governor say that the president is 'shuckin' and jivin'-- that's a racial-era slave term," Powell said, referring to Palin's words on Obama's response.
Powell added that Republicans had become too preoccupied with the candidate-selection process, losing sight of the group's overall message.
"You've got to think first about what's the party actually going to represent," Powell said. "If it's just going to represent the far right wing of the political spectrum, I think the party is in difficulty. I'm a moderate, but I'm still a Republican."
Powell was the first African American to fill the role of Secretary Of State, serving under President George W. Bush from 2001-05. Despite maintaining his allegiance to the Republican Party, Powell has been an ardent supporter for President Barack Obama, giving him a 2008 vote and a 2012 endorsement.
"I think we ought to keep on the track we are on," said Powell in October 2012, commending Obama on the economy and Iraq War.
Top Mitt Romney surrogate John Sununu turned heads after the announcement, suggesting that Powell's Obama endorsement was motivated by race. That statement prompted former Powell Chief Of Staff Lawrence Wilkerson to make Republican-Party comments similar in nature to Powell's Sunday remarks.
My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people -- not all of them, but most of them -- who are still basing their positions on race. Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists, and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin, and that's despicable""
----------
A Republican War Hero sees the intolerance, hatred, and racism within his Party.
While the stupid racists here try to deny it!!
Gotta love it!!
They're doubling down on their racism, after losing an election for it!!
Democrats are mining this "Vein Of Intolerance"

GOP is now too much a country club,
with House Member who hate America!
Lincoln

United States

#838740 Jan 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What agenda?
Republicans in the House have absolute power to change Obama's agenda if they have the balls?
By the way, Fidel will be dead by 2016.
Wall Street and Main Street businessmen may not subscribe to "Ann Rand on Medicare" philosophy.

Republicans remain divided and losing business support.

Immigration reform may drag the GOP along?

Miss fred's daily Kenya stuff :-)

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#838741 Jan 13, 2013
It has been said that the pen is mightier than the sword...

in this case..its Paper!

Paper killed!

"Murder weapon in Van Note case was a piece of paper, prosecutor says"

Liberals...ban paper today!

http://lakeexpo.com/news/lake_news/article_71...

Location hidden

#838742 Jan 13, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Pill Taker!! That's funny.
Good explanation for your stupidity with these assinine posts!!
Don't read it!

Jump off a cliff!

Location hidden

#838743 Jan 13, 2013
On a roll!

Liberals protect us from...

Killer umbrellas!

Legislate them today!

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/previous_seas...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#838745 Jan 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
They may be valid but does not represent where most Americans live. Most Americans have long ago moved past keeping racism in the forefront.
It's Obama and the liberals who keep bringing it up and, in the process, have done more to make it worse than to heal any residual racial divide.
So why do they do that? For what purpose other than to create more derisiveness on the issue and for no other reason than personal and political gain?
I'd really like to know.
First sentence is not true; President Carter said it well: the election of a black man as President has brought what was a simmering cauldron of racism to a rolling boil.
Why shouldn't we talk about it?
Why shouldn't they talk about it?
It's only through awareness that people can learn
You want people to pretend it doesn't exist?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#838746 Jan 13, 2013
Ted Cruz and the 47 Percent

“For anyone who is a fan of limited government, for anyone who is a fiscal conservative and economic conservative, November 6, 2012, was an ugly, ugly day,” said Ted Cruz, the new United States senator, during his speech at the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s biennial policy orientation.

With the legislature largely quiet on its second day of the 83rd session, the speech was the biggest political event in Austin today. Cruz has been touted as a rising star in the Republican Party for several years, and national conservatives saw his election as one of the few bright spots for the GOP last year—a view that the Texas audience, which greeted Cruz with a standing ovation, clearly shared. Yet Cruz had some critical words for his party, and his message, which he’s calling “opportunity conservatism,” that marks a shift in tone for Texas Republicans, if not in policy implications.

Cruz started the speech by explaining that he disagreed with accounts of the November elections that concluded that Republicans had been too extreme, or that the American people had given up on conservatism as a concept. In fact, he added, more than half of voters, in exit polls, had said that government was doing too much. His explanation was that Republicans had simply come up short.“Margaret Thatcher famously said,‘first you win the argument, then you win the vote,” he said.“Republicans did neither.” He continued:“If you want to sum up what was wrong with the election, it was ‘47 percent.’”

This is a diagnosis that Cruz has given before, notably in an op-ed in the Washington Post last week. In his view, Democrats have made the case that the United States is divided between the haves and the have-nots, and that the Republicans are the party of the plutocrats. Not only have Republicans failed to contest that, they’ve occasionally seemed to agree with it; that’s what happened with Mitt Romney’s now-notorious comments, at a fundraiser, that 47 percent of Americans pay no federal income tax and therefore expect government to help take care of them. In his speech, Cruz took pains to say that he didn’t think Romney meant it the way it came out; people are bound to bungle some of the things they say. But the comments nonetheless corroborated suspicions about Republicans, and sealed the party’s fate, at least for 2012.

http://www.tmdailypost.com/article/politics/t...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#838747 Jan 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Wall Street and Main Street businessmen may not subscribe to "Ann Rand on Medicare" philosophy.
Republicans remain divided and losing business support.
Immigration reform may drag the GOP along?
Miss fred's daily Kenya stuff :-)
Hey Lincoln, why were you planning on driving all the freed slaves to Central America? Been curious about that one for awhile.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838748 Jan 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

Yep, lets build a pipeline so Canada can get their oil to a port. Ever wonder why they didn't build a pipeline across Canada?
No. The geography makes it obvious.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838749 Jan 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

Yep, lets build a pipeline so Canada can get their oil to a port. Ever wonder why they didn't build a pipeline across Canada?
By the way, dumbass Dave, getting oil from our 51st state is just as good from the standpoint of national security as getting it from the other 57.

Now, if only we could eliminate union obstacles so that Alaskan oil could be shipped to the West Coast.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#838750 Jan 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, dumbass Dave, getting oil from our 51st state is just as good from the standpoint of national security as getting it from the other 57.
Now, if only we could eliminate union obstacles so that Alaskan oil could be shipped to the West Coast.
unions prevent oil from shipping to the west coast? Please, provide a source for that, I would love to read about it?

Location hidden

#838751 Jan 13, 2013
Plce in 'obvious file'...

"Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel attributes the rise in homicides, in part, to the broader problem of illegal guns on the street"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chic...

Location hidden

#838753 Jan 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
“For anyone who is a fan of limited government, for anyone who is a fiscal conservative and economic conservative, November 6, 2012, was an ugly, ugly day,” said Ted Cruz, the new United States senator, during his speech at the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s biennial policy orientation.
With the legislature largely quiet on its second day of the 83rd session, the speech was the biggest political event in Austin today. Cruz has been touted as a rising star in the Republican Party for several years, and national conservatives saw his election as one of the few bright spots for the GOP last year—a view that the Texas audience, which greeted Cruz with a standing ovation, clearly shared. Yet Cruz had some critical words for his party, and his message, which he’s calling “opportunity conservatism,” that marks a shift in tone for Texas Republicans, if not in policy implications.
Cruz started the speech by explaining that he disagreed with accounts of the November elections that concluded that Republicans had been too extreme, or that the American people had given up on conservatism as a concept. In fact, he added, more than half of voters, in exit polls, had said that government was doing too much. His explanation was that Republicans had simply come up short.“Margaret Thatcher famously said,‘first you win the argument, then you win the vote,” he said.“Republicans did neither.” He continued:“If you want to sum up what was wrong with the election, it was ‘47 percent.’”
This is a diagnosis that Cruz has given before, notably in an op-ed in the Washington Post last week. In his view, Democrats have made the case that the United States is divided between the haves and the have-nots, and that the Republicans are the party of the plutocrats. Not only have Republicans failed to contest that, they’ve occasionally seemed to agree with it; that’s what happened with Mitt Romney’s now-notorious comments, at a fundraiser, that 47 percent of Americans pay no federal income tax and therefore expect government to help take care of them. In his speech, Cruz took pains to say that he didn’t think Romney meant it the way it came out; people are bound to bungle some of the things they say. But the comments nonetheless corroborated suspicions about Republicans, and sealed the party’s fate, at least for 2012.
47 percent...in action!

"Section 8 housing voucher distribution canceled after thousands waiting in line get out of control"

"Several people were arrested. The rest were sent home. Today's distribution has been canceled and will be rescheduled."

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_cou...

you should have a booth set up and provide free tv's at these thing...help out the poor!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838754 Jan 13, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>unions prevent oil from shipping to the west coast? Please, provide a source for that, I would love to read about it?
You are correct with respect to Alaskan oil, the export of which to foreign ports was prohibited in 1977 under the Alaska Pipeline enabling legislation.

However, the Jones Act prohibits the use of foreign flag vessels between Alaska and the US West Coast for all other shipping, increasing costs for Alaska residents and businesses.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#838755 Jan 13, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
47 percent...in action!
"Section 8 housing voucher distribution canceled after thousands waiting in line get out of control"
"Several people were arrested. The rest were sent home. Today's distribution has been canceled and will be rescheduled."
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_cou...
you should have a booth set up and provide free tv's at these thing...help out the poor!
Not surprising in the least.

Location hidden

#838756 Jan 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
47 percenters...

Sec 8 homies!

"...Janikowski merged his computer map of crime patterns with Betts’s map of Section8 rentals. Where Janikowski saw a bunny rabbit, Betts saw a sideways horseshoe (“He has a better imagination,” she said). Otherwise, the match was near-perfect. On the merged map, dense violent-crime areas are shaded dark blue, and Section8 addresses are represented by little red dots. All of the dark-blue areas are covered in little red dots, like bursts of gunfire. The rest of the city has almost no dots."

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2...

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#838757 Jan 13, 2013
killtaker wrote:
On a roll!
Liberals protect us from...
Killer umbrellas!
Legislate them today!
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/previous_seas...
These stupid posts are killing me.

Ban stupid redundant posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Earthling-1 51,525
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,557
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 185,030
abby03-02-15 3 hr Kuuipo 8
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Graham Cracker 51,364
amy 3-3-15 5 hr Mister Tonka 6
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Cold Front 69,128
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:21AM
Shutdown CB Headlines Bears 2015 Free-Agent Big Board
NFL 6:51 AM