Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,669)

Showing posts 773,361 - 773,380 of1,072,821
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

I guess you don't get it? It doesn't really matter what you "think." You're stupid. What more is there to say? You're Americans; you believe God created the universe in six days; and you apparently believe that this ridiculous belief system entitles you to some sort of gentile treatment from the likes of me. How charming! I wouldn't bet on it though. No, I certainly wouldn't. ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE! Don't know what that means? Ok, you'll find out.
DEBIL

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Debil finger Montana's pussylips open an' insert hisself into her nether regions. Montana sigh an' receive him with a gush of woman-juice. Ain't love grand?
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
Those who profited most by ignorning impending crisis:
1. Dodd, Christopher Senate (D)-$133,900
2. Kerry, John Senate (D)-$111,000.
3. Obama, Barack Senate (D)-$105,849.
4. Clinton, Hillary Senate (D)-$75,550.
5. Kanjorski, Paul (D)-$65,500.
6. Bennett, Robert Senate (R)-$61,499.
7. Johnson, Tim Senate (D)-$61,000.
8. Conrad, Kent Senate (D)-$58,991.
9. Davis, Tom House (R)-$55,499.
10. Bond, Christopher Senate (R)-$55,400.
Republicans 3 versus Democrats 7. President Barack Obama/former Senator Obama holding the #3 spot.
Anyone who continues to solely blame Republicans and chooses to ignore the role the Democrats played in this economic crisis is, well...either a simpleton or a fool.
All right Carol, so how specifically did they profit and what's your source?
Anybody can write a bunch of numbers down.
javy

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

VOTE OUT THESE OUTLAWS wrote:
Second, Obama and Holder probably would not have believed that increased violence in Mexico could lead to tougher regulation of guns in the U.S. Americans simply don’t care enough about Mexico to alter domestic policy based on what occurs there, especially when it comes to an issue as passionately and endlessly argued as gun control. Americans view violence in Mexico the way they viewed violence in Colombia – unfortunate, typical, and not our problem at any fundamental level.
It was always possible that a few Americans, especially some involved in law enforcement, would be killed with guns that were part of Fast and Furious. But in this event, the probable consequence is what we have witnessed – major embarrassment for the administration, not an effective vehicle for advocating more gun control. On balance, it seems unlikely that the administration would come up with a program this risky in the pie-in-the-sky hope of incresing gun control.
Why, then, was the program implemented? As noted, considerable frustration existed over attempts to deal with gun running through interdiction at the point of sale because this form of enforcement resulted in the apprehension of only the small fry. Those who came up with Fast and Furious probably hoped that if guns followed their natural course into Mexico, they would lead to much more important players. Wire taps and other surveillance of Mexican cartel bosses would assist in nailing these players, or so the thinking went.
It was a very bad idea, poorly executed. But, as conservatives should understand better than most, the government frequently implements very bad ideas and does so incompetently. In any case, trying to apprehend cartel bosses through Fast and Furious strikes me as less foolish than intentionally increasing shootings in Mexico to enhance the cause of gun control in the U.S.
This strikes me as largely correct. If this was a conspiracy theory, it was an incredibly poorly designed one from Day One and it depended on Americans giving much of a crap about Mexicans killing Mexicans, which honestly doesn’t seem to be very likely. More importantly, though, and as I argued myself last week, it is far more plausible to believe that what happened in Fast & Furious operation was the result of a group of people with a bad idea who put together a bad plan that was badly executed. You don’t need to look very far to find examples of other badly executed government operations than that it was part of some nefarious political conspiracy. Indeed, the extent to which this seems to occur on a regular basis, and to which the details of said operations inevitably leak out at some point, makes it hard to believe that a true nefarious conspiracy could ever really be executed by American political officials. Watergate was arguably such a conspiracy, but it was so incompetently handled that its main even was referred to, quite correctly, as a “third-rate burglary.” The remarkable thing about conspiracy theorists, most of whom tend to be very anti-government, is that they seem to ascribe far more competence and ability to keep a secret to government officials than available evidence would suggested is warranted
Thank you for all this information!

Let's take America back peacefully and intellectually. Beat them at their own game.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the southerner Democrats that created the KKK?
Thanks for pointing out the "FACT" that Republicans are the real racists as everyone but the afflicted like you should know by now. The indisbutable "FACT" is when the south was forced to intergrate all of the Dixiecrats became Republicans and the south has voted republican ever since, thus proveing once and for all just who are the real bigoted racist and moralistic fools. You and most righties prove that fact daily.
gossamer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Live in Detroit for a day. You will become racist.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
TIME - The mess that Fannie Mae has become is the progeny of many parents: Congress, which created Fannie in 1938 and loaded it down with responsibilities; President Lyndon Johnson, who in 1968 pushed it halfway out the government nest and into a problematic part-private, part-public role in an attempt to reduce the national debt; and Jim Johnson, who presided over Fannie's spectacular growth in the 1990s. But it was Johnson's successor, Raines, who was at the helm when things really went off course. A former Clinton Administration Budget Director, Raines was the first African-American CEO of a Fortune 500 company when he took the helm in 1999. He left in 2004 with the company embroiled in an accounting scandal just as it was beginning to make big investments in subprime mortgage securities that would later sour. Last year Fannie and rival Freddie Mac became wards of the state.
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/ar... #ixzz2HaZqqPOE
In 2004 Congressional hearing to rein in F&F:
Maxine Waters (D): Through nearly a dozen hearings, we were frankly trying to fix something that wasnt broke. Mr. Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac, and particularly at Fannie Mae, under the outstanding leadership of Franklin Raines.
Gregory Meeks (D): Im just pissed off at OFHEO [the regulators trying to warn Congress of insolvency at the GSEs], because if it wasnt for you, I dont think wed be here in the first place. Theres been nothing that indicated thats wrong with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac has come up on its own The question that then comes up is the competence that your agency has with reference to deciding and regulating these GSEs.
Lacy Clay (D): This hearing is about the political lynching of Franklin Raines.
Barney Frank (D): I dont see anything in this report that raises safety and soundness problems.
....Continue to solely blame Republicans if you want...even in the face of this documented information...can't help foolish.
Carol you seem to be obsessed with Fannie and Freddie and assigning them an inordinate amount of blame for the housing collapse. In reality they were more victims of unscrupulous mortgage hawkers and the ratings agencies that gave AAA ratings to those toxic mortgages than villains. The article you cite puts the blame on many heads but you just point to one because it would seem to bear out your single minded and also simple minded attack on the object of your neurotic preoccupation.
Here's a couple you chose to ignore;
George Bush: From the start, Bush embraced a governing philosophy of deregulation. That trickled down to federal oversight agencies, which in turn eased off on banks and mortgage brokers. Bush did push early on for tighter controls over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, but he failed to move Congress. After the Enron scandal, Bush backed and signed the aggressively regulatory Sarbanes-Oxley Act. But SEC head William Donaldson tried to boost regulation of mutual and hedge funds, he was blocked by Bush's advisers at the White House as well as other powerful Republicans and quit. Plus, let's face it, the meltdown happened on Bush's watch.

Phil Gramm: As chairman of the Senate Banking Committee from 1995 through 2000, Gramm was Washington's most prominent and outspoken champion of financial deregulation. He played a leading role in writing and pushing through Congress the 1999 repeal of the Depression-era Glass-Steagall Act, which separated commercial banks from Wall Street. He also inserted a key provision into the 2000 Commodity Futures Modernization Act that exempted over-the-counter derivatives like credit-default swaps from regulation by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Credit-default swaps took down AIG, which has cost the U.S.$150 billion thus far.
There's a lot of blame to go around but GOP deregulation was the main problem.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Constitutional "scholar"....
ROFLMAO.
Let's take a look at Obama's resume....
Two stints as a summer intern.
Some work on something called "Project Vote" (ACORN, no doubt)
... the next thing on Obama's resume is:
Faculty, University of Chicago Law School/Constitutional Law
Give me a break. That idiot is calling Obama a "constitutional scholar" when Obama had never even passed the bar or even seen the inside of a courtroom as a lawyer before he was put on the faculty at the University of Chicago Law School.
It's obvious Obama didn't even attend classes before he (supposedly) received a degree from Columbia.
I think it's reasonable to conclude Obama has never even read the Constitution.
More bullsh*t from the ever mendacious DB. Barack Obama passed the Illinois Bar on December 17, 1991, two years before he started as a lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School. Before that he was an associate and subsequent partner at Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland -
You just make these things up as you go along don't you?
You're a goddamned liar DB; you always have been and always will be.

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as dumb as you look. Did you even go to school?
I do the schooling on this site. Here's your homework question, the one you say is dumb, but you couldn't answer:
Since you claim you need assault weapons to protect yourself from the government, WHO are you going to shoot with that weapon? Police? National Guardsmen? Marines? Army? Who dumfuk?
Gunner

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

gossamer wrote:
Live in Detroit for a day. You will become racist.
I will agree that more intercity and national black leaders need to show some backbone and step forward on the issue's of crime,rape and murder in the black community,especially giving the disproportion of crime with-in the black race.

There is a reason there are more blacks incarcarated and it has little to do with racism. It seems to have become a way of life and needs fixing bad.In no way do I view blacks as inferior, but it is an undenialable "FACT" that this issue needs to be addressed, starting from with-in the black community first.

Way to many of their so called leaders are equally guilty of corruption and self interest at the expense of those that they allegedly represent. It's way past time to open all of our eyes not only to the rampant out of control criminals in our society and remove somehow the cowboy, Rambo, fanatical gun mentality that is destroying our great nation.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

In other news French Mirage jets pounded Islamist rebels in Mali for the third day killing topi AQ Lt Abdel "Kojak" Krim. Ground troops began arriving Sunday from France and West African countries to restore the territorial integrity of Mali.

France don't fk around!
Gunner

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I do the schooling on this site. Here's your homework question, the one you say is dumb, but you couldn't answer:
Since you claim you need assault weapons to protect yourself from the government, WHO are you going to shoot with that weapon? Police? National Guardsmen? Marines? Army? Who dumfuk?
Hey Old Raider, how you be? These gun nuts have no clue and simply repeat what the gun lobby programs them to say. Most are insecure wanna be soldiers that never had the nerve to serve with limited self knowledge on most every thing, all nations possess their own fanatics and they seem to be ours whether it be guns, race, religion or moral values the extreme "RIGHT" are Americas embarrassment.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
I will agree that more intercity and national black leaders need to show some backbone and step forward on the issue's of crime,rape and murder in the black community,especially giving the disproportion of crime with-in the black race.
There is a reason there are more blacks incarcarated and it has little to do with racism. It seems to have become a way of life and needs fixing bad.In no way do I view blacks as inferior, but it is an undenialable "FACT" that this issue needs to be addressed, starting from with-in the black community first.
Way to many of their so called leaders are equally guilty of corruption and self interest at the expense of those that they allegedly represent. It's way past time to open all of our eyes not only to the rampant out of control criminals in our society and remove somehow the cowboy, Rambo, fanatical gun mentality that is destroying our great nation.
I'm sorry, I was on another websight and that's the name it gave me, hows that for being ironic.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You, sir, are the one being duped into believing something that is not entirely true.
Will you admit Democrats also played a major role in this economic downturn?
If you can't - or won't - there's no point in continuing this discussion.
Boo hoo! Carol wants to run away because someone provided actual facts to counter her neurotic obsession with Fannie and Freddie. So what did the post say that wasn't true?
And no stupid, the Democrats didn't play a major role in the economic collapse it was the small government deregulatory policies of the Republicans.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Old Raider, for some strange reason this computer gave me GUNNER as my name. That's downright scary.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Boo hoo! Carol wants to run away because someone provided actual facts to counter her neurotic obsession with Fannie and Freddie. So what did the post say that wasn't true?
And no stupid, the Democrats didn't play a major role in the economic collapse it was the small government deregulatory policies of the Republicans.
Hey Dupont,hope all is well, surely you don't think the facts will change Carols programmed fanatical belief system?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you answer I'll assume you're hiding something. Like the dems role in this disaster.
Answer what? Your ignorance to what the CRA was & how it worked?

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
This is how it went, the dems tried to force the banks to make bad loans they would never be repaid for, the banks said screw you it ain't happening. The dems/feds stepped in and said, don't worry, we'll allow you to dump them off on someone else and if they go bad the taxpayers will be stuck with them.
And that's exactly how it happened, there's no other possible explanation of why people with money would make bad loans.
Government interference.
Banks were not forced to make loans to peple who culd not pay it back.

This is a lie.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Duh A Vey figured out a volcano cap yet?
Volcanoes are natural events that are a part of this planet's history. They helped form our climate.

Man has added to the pollutants & greenhouse gases into our atmosphere that changed our atmosphere beyond what would be natural levels.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You first said the eir was never completed, now you say it was. Your dementia is getting worse old man
Charlie rangle says you're a lying sack of camel sht. I agree.
You can lie all you want (you do it every day here), but as i said, obama is loading his cabinet with white men, sucka! Hahahahahaha
I clearly said the EIR was completed for the OLD ROUTE.

You are sofa king stupid, you did not know the route had been changed. The EIR was not complete for this new route.

Just like you were to sofa king stupid to know the Secretary of State is a cabinet position.

My God you are one dumb f*ck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 773,361 - 773,380 of1,072,821
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Brian_G 45,548
Make 1000$ instantly 1 hr generalwon1 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Obama Suks 48,696
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 407
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Midlothian Composer 97,454
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 173,742
Evergreen Park Man Facing Charges In South Side... 3 hr wow 1
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 8:58PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters