Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
773,321 - 773,340 of 1,082,363 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What's astonishing is this information is readily available for anyone to look up for themselves.
Seems the main reason we're such a divided nation is the lack of interest in searching for the truth.
If it's not a liberal talking point, it simply doesn't exist for half the country. Or so it would seem.
lol! You must believe there are still wmd's bushie hasn't found son.

When facts just don't matter!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Community Reinvestment Act had nothing to do with subprime crisis
Fresh off the false and politicized attack on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, today we’re hearing the know-nothings blame the subprime crisis on the Community Reinvestment Act — a 30-year-old law that was actually weakened by the Bush administration just as the worst lending wave began. This is even more ridiculous than blaming Freddie and Fannie.
The Community Reinvestment Act, passed in 1977, requires banks to lend in the low-income neighborhoods where they take deposits. Just the idea that a lending crisis created from 2004 to 2007 was caused by a 1977 law is silly. But it’s even more ridiculous when you consider that most subprime loans were made by firms that aren’t subject to the CRA. University of Michigan law professor Michael Barr testified back in February before the House Committee on Financial Services that 50% of subprime loans were made by mortgage service companies not subject comprehensive federal supervision and another 30% were made by affiliates of banks or thrifts which are not subject to routine supervision or examinations. As former Fed Governor Ned Gramlich said in an August, 2007, speech shortly before he passed away:“In the subprime market where we badly need supervision, a majority of loans are made with very little supervision. It is like a city with a murder law, but no cops on the beat.”
Not surprisingly given the higher degree of supervision, loans made under the CRA program were made in a more responsible way than other subprime loans. CRA loans carried lower rates than other subprime loans and were less likely to end up securitized into the mortgage-backed securities that have caused so many losses, according to a recent study by the law firm Traiger & Hinckley
Finally, keep in mind that the Bush administration has been weakening CRA enforcement and the law’s reach since the day it took office. The CRA was at its strongest in the 1990s, under the Clinton administration, a period when subprime loans performed quite well. It was only after the Bush administration cut back on CRA enforcement that problems arose, a timing issue which should stop those blaming the law dead in their tracks. The Federal Reserve, too, did nothing but encourage the wild west of lending in recent years. It wasn’t until the middle of 2007 that the Fed decided it was time to crack down on abusive pratices in the subprime lending market. Oops.
http://www.businessweek.com/investing/insight...
so will i get the usual right wing reply?
'You're wrong because I said so!'
emphatic assertions do not equate to facts no matter how hard FOX tries.
lol! It doesn't fit into Carol's programming to think.

She simply needs to be spoon fed the information by conservatives. That's all that matters.

Fact and truth are just buzz words.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were a bank and knew if you denied a loan to a minority, you would have a lot of 'splainin' to do to a bunch of bureaucrats and faced being charged with discrimination, you'd feel like you were being forced to give out a bad loan without anyone ever having to come right out and say it.
lol! No, son. That would depend on the circumstances.

But then, you wouldn't know anything about this.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
We may never live down the pathos of the Citizen's United ruling. Only a southerner could anthropomorphize a business and then attempt to elicit sympathy for "it."
lol! A con easily accepts Citizen's United son.
Mitt Wrongney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>

When you gonna answer why the Dimwitted Dave Mortgage Co. would make loans to people with crappy credit and poor work history?
did you say poor work history? That's what i thought, what about the disable people that became disable before they contributed enough to claim benefits when they retire? You obviously don't give a crap about that do you? Typical wrong winger care.

You are an idiot!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You must believe there are still wmd's bushie hasn't found son.
When facts just don't matter!
You think Iran's just gonna up and show any of those smuggled in, Saddam cached, left over WMD's, whilst it continues to cultivate bigger and better WMD(s)? Maybe to Pakistan, but certainly not us.

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>they'll send you back to Guatemala.

You'll cave, just as tough guy James Yeager did!!

""Please, oh please don't take my guns away!! Please, oh please, don't arrest me and throw me in with all those big, black men!!""

I am not alone honey, 3 in 10 Americans personally own a gun.

So come liberals for our guns we are waiting and loaded!!!

http://www.gallup.com/poll/20098/Gun-Ownershi...

How many Americans personally own guns, and what do they use them for? A recent Gallup Poll* shows that 3 in 10 Americans personally own a gun; most gun owners say they use their guns to protect themselves against crime, for hunting, and for target shooting. Gun ownership varies by different groups in the country, with men more likely to be gun owners than women, Southerners and Midwesterners more likely than Easterners or Westerners, Republicans more so than Democrats, and older rather than younger Americans.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Gun Advocates Warn That New Safety Measures Could Foment ‘The Next American Revolution’

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/12/1...

....a small group of Black Panther Party members, led by Bobby Seale, designated chairman of the Party, marched into the California legislature, in May 1967, fully armed. Defined as protest against a pending gun­control bill (which became the Mulford Act) aimed at the Party with the position that blacks had a Constitutional right to bear arms, the Party's message that day became a clarion call to young blacks.

http://www.blackpanther.org/legacytwo.htm

i think you conservatives should quit giving the Panthers a hard time. you have so much in common!
We both need guns!!!

One of us will win!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Mitt Wrongney wrote:
<quoted text> did you say poor work history? That's what i thought, what about the disable people that became disable before they contributed enough to claim benefits when they retire? You obviously don't give a crap about that do you? Typical wrong winger care.
You are an idiot!
Champagne priced mortgages on Sh(cl)it(z)piss poor beer credit and income, never works.

SHAME on the GREEDY lenders too!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>CRA regulations were rewritten several times making denying loans by banks to minorities a lot more complicated and intimidating.

Under the CRA, banks had to convince a set of bureaucracies that they were not engaging in discrimination, a charge that the act encouraged any CRA-recognized community group to bring forward. Otherwise, any merger or expansion the banks attempted would likely be denied.

The problem they faced under the government's CRA regulations was what counted as discrimination.

It was easier to just give out bad loans.
Liberals hate facts!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

BLOOMING IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>TRUST ME AND I HATE TO SEE THIS, HOWEVER ANOTHER CIVIL WAR IS WHAT IT
IS GOING TO TAKE TO OPEN UPTHE EYES OF ABOUT 40% OF THE PEOPLE IN THE USA!!!!I PRAY
THAT THE MILITARY WILL SIDE WITH WE THE PEOPLE WHEN OBAMA AND HIS PEOPLE
TRY TO OVER THROW THE USA CONSTITUTION!!!!!!!!!!
I pray the same!!!

In the mean time get more guns while you can.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>Well, he got that right, actually. The southerners were just capitalists. God then, like now, was just a way of convincing themselves that it was ok to do anything to make money. Sort of like now. Now there were a few Methodists in the group but they were all nuts, so they're discounted. The guys who did the heavy lifting were Deists to a man.
You mean the southerner Democrats that created the KKK?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

That chit is like axing anyone (who doesn't owe them anything) to work for fwee, for no justifiable reasons.

Who does that kind of chit?(hint:losers and tics).
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
We both need guns!!!
One of us will win!!!
I aint giving up my rights to them, and neither are my offspring, or any of our other herd of relations.

Screw that chit.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the southerner Democrats that created the KKK?
Shame on them!

Hateful, vile, inhumane beasts!
ChrisDoddRezcoRe alEstate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

maddmaxx7 wrote:
Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and ...
Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown ... extending loans to people who couldn't afford them ...
www.youtube.com/watch... - Cached
.Play Video
More results from youtube.com »
Bush Administration predicted Financial Crisis in 2001 ...
... the nervousness that Bush kept warning ... I have heard sound bites of the warnings ... Pressure from liberals in Congress to continue giving out bad loans ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread396388/pg
Absolutely correct!
Ask Chris Dodds wife in Bermuda.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals hate facts!!!
lol! When you get them, it would be nice if you posted them for a change!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
This is how it went, the dems tried to force the banks to make bad loans they would never be repaid for, the banks said screw you it ain't happening. The dems/feds stepped in and said, don't worry, we'll allow you to dump them off on someone else and if they go bad the taxpayers will be stuck with them.
And that's exactly how it happened, there's no other possible explanation of why people with money would make bad loans.
Government interference.
ROTFLMAO! Damn! At least you're direct with your lies on this point!

I'd like to applaud your efforts, but I'm laughing too hard!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I aint giving up my rights to them, and neither are my offspring, or any of our other herd of relations.
Screw that chit.
You'll do what you're told,honey. You always have, you always will. Inspiration is not your strong suit.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray the same!!!
In the mean time get more guns while you can.
Oh, for goodness sakes. In a chat room on the internet I can make you fight with each other. What difference does it make to me whether you kill and eat your own? I'm a New Englander. I'm not stupid like you. Did you imagine I would stand out on the village green and allow you to show me how manly or womanly you think you are? Hahahahahahaha... sure, that's how this will go down. You're ready for a civil war and I'll fix it so you'll shoot each other. Don't you see? You're not as smart as I am. I can easily arrange it so you'll shoot each other. Why do you persist?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min Eric 68,403
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min LRS 174,961
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min ritedownthemiddle 45,847
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 47 min andet1987 474
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,052
Amy 7-28 6 hr Sublime1 16
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 hr Terry rigsby 48,944
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 10:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••